What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• Options
    nanudonanudo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i would like to see a well done game with no much micropayments as a real video game ;)
  • Options
    m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i want to see a good character creator like in CO, because ur races look terrible

give me a ability to transfer my CO char))))XD
  • Options
    princessluneprincesslune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    what i would like to see most in is MMO, beta keys and a tentative release date
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    m1ndfr1k wrote: »
    i want to see a good character creator like in CO, because ur races look terrible

give me a ability to transfer my CO char))))XD

That sounds <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, why would you ever put modern day superheroes in a dungeons and dragons game.

I have bad news for you pal - you need to learn to separate what you want something to be from what it is.
    what i would like to see most in is MMO, beta keys and a tentative release date

Hah, I'll second that.
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to see a MMO that's not too gear wacky. Don't make me swap gear every 2 minutes because I have to uber boost my skills. I really dislike having to swap boots to either keep up with running friends, or feather fall as they all leap over a cliff. Or swapping necklaces that aid in either spot or search, or bluff or diplomacy. Being a rogue is a blast, but swapping gear every two minutes really takes the wind out of my sails.

Or maybe it's swapping weapons because every monster/npc needs to die by a sword of a different bent. Ugh.
  • Options
    wildheartz12wildheartz12 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    a dice rolling system for certain things like attempting to do a special attack or a very powerful attack......
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I would really recommend you follow the links I provided to you in the Blackdagger video thread, also poke around in the forum before posting so you can see what has already been discussed as well as using the forum search.

[please list the links in any replies like this in the future: [URL="http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?game=634&feature=7010]"]http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?game=634&feature=7010[/URL][URL="http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?game=634&feature=7010]"]][/URL]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An user-friendly interface, skillpoint/leveling system and currency-system.

I've tried several MMOs as of late, and none of them had the above-emntioned features, hence I don't play them anymore.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And NO stat-deciding rolls an character creation.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Unlimited character customization, make your toon your own. It really keep the RP alive.

Public taverms and guild taverns where you need to go to socialize, chat and get adventures.

Being stood around the "BANK" in a town no one talking is kind of lame and takes away the RP element.

Weapon customization, i would love to be able to choose the skin of my sword/axe/bow to the point where ,y character looked how i'd imagined. Guild wars 2 promised this but failed miserably as skins were to hard to get and unnatractive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    auldwolfauldwolf Member Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to see better race choices. The reason I skipped over D&D:O was because the race choices were so mundane. I thought the reason we had 4E was to make Dragonborn available to us, I was very sad to see them not in NWO. Especially since I was sure that the original silhouette implied it. Instead, it's just humans of different ethnicities and with slightly different body types. I tend to play MMOs to play the most unusual race I can. But there isn't a single, sole unusual choice in NWO.

Considering that there is a nontrivial demographic of people out there who find 'choosing human in everything ever' more than a little dull, trite, and monotonous (almost to the point of fetishising a lack of personal creativity and imagination) this seems like an odd choice.

My social circle pretty much struck NWO off the list after learning that the race choices were so lazy. Oh well.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    auldwolf wrote: »
    ... Instead, it's just humans of different ethnicities and with slightly different body types. ...

We asked the devs if Genasi will have the air oozing out of their bodies, or if fire genasi will have body made of fire. The devs seem to consider that as good idea - so over time, even if not at launch, such races will be included. And +1 for dragonborn as they are common in realms - perhaps more common than drow.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm waiting for my Githzerai race, then monk class...then my ideal monk in 4e will be born here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runamonkrunamonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes the monk class, that's what I want the most!
    I'm waiting for my Githzerai race, then monk class...then my ideal monk in 4e will be born here.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    runamonk wrote: »
    Yes the monk class, that's what I want the most!

Opens the scroll titled "Identify". Reads it and adjusts his monocle.

Now looks at truth and runa-monk

Monocle reads " WARNING OUTSIDER DETECTED! "

Curses, "Blasted aliens!"
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know what you are talking about!

*pockets death ray*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    uglybuggeruglybugger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd dearly love to see monks as well, but something tells me that they would be too similar to the Trickster Rogue (the already announced melee striker) to make it into the game any time soon. As such, I won't be holding my breath!

However! Developers please note that there's one more vote for monks. :)
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    uglybugger wrote: »
    However! Developers please note that there's one more vote for monks. :)
    No thanks. I would like more to have first Ranger and Druids before Monks. However we must have Cleric first(we really need a good healer for Dungeons). Also Paladin maybe can be fun.
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    This sounds acceptable. When I said raid I did not mean 40+ people. From WOW also my favorite raid group is rather 10 people. However raid 10 people feel more acceptable in two ways:
    A. More easy to get a group and not huge problems with people are much on AFK.
    B. System requirements.
    So yeah maybe 10 people raid would be the perfect solution. Somebody complained on WOW? WOW is the best MMO game that I have ever played. Eventually I got bored on it after 3.5 years. On Guild Wars 2 I got bored and annoyed in less then 3 months! The only great thing about GW2 is PvP the Mist(huge battles with up to 2000 players), but that is a slideshow with my modern budget laptop from 2012.

No ridiculous GW2 loot policy where you max your character in less then 2 weeks. I don't say WOW is paradise either, but I would be satisified if you play 40 hours/week then it would take many months to maximize your character in Neverwinter. That would be acceptable and I plan to roll many characters.

Finally while focus is on PvE I do hope this game supports Capture The Flag gaming mode in PvP.

1. No! Best items from Raid raah! Yes you can get to level 60 without group, but to have best items you
    A. Do Raid!
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Yeah you speak truth. I played WOW for 3.5 years and yes death feels enough punishment in WOW.

Icecrown Citadel(ICC Raid):
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Icecrown_Citadel_%28instance%29
    ICC Raid was HUGE! 12 Epic bosses and when you 10th time run as ghost after being slaughtered by the same Epic boss the death penalty felt enough hardcore indeed! In addition your gear took damage though not permanent you could repair gear for low cost of ingame money.

ICC was released at end of 2009 and during 2010 WOW reached its top glory of 12 million active players which is still World record!
    or
    B. Buy from Auction House and then you need lot of money. Also all best items you can not buy... some can only get from Raid.

and I hope Neverwinter supports Capture The Flag gaming mode in PvP. NOTE! IF not CTF then please big 40 vs 40 like Alterac Valley Battleground in WOW.

Eye candy yes. Though my definition of eyecandy is likely Succubus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Mature agerating(or near Mature) with violent action, horror and nudity.

NOTE! Maybe the raid wish is not for release. Raids can be released later after release. However harder Dungeons and endgame though it does not need to be everlasting like WOW.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to see them start from scratch, not graphically, but mechanics.

Let me Preface this by saying I love STO including the Klingon Faction, I'm hooked on it, so I'm not a Cryptic Hater or PW hater.

I'm not one to be hard on developers usually, but honestly I can't see how this game relates to dungeons and dragons or the Forgotten Realms of any edition.

I was excited about this game early on, big FR fan. I knew it wouldn't be 3.5, I like 4e D&D well enough and have enjoyed the 4e FR novels, although the FRCG left alot to be desired, it still had its good parts.

This game has very little resemblance to 4e.

4e was inspired by mmo's, they've finally admitted it. 90% of the work was done mechanics wise, yet Cyptic they still couldn't translate it over to an actual mmo right?

If Cryptic thought the Klingon Players were bad, well welcome to Grethor, or as D&D fans call it hell.

I mean in 4e one gets some degree of customization, fighters get to choose thier powers as they level up, even a Slayer Fighter gets to choose stances and utility powers. Yet you appear to choose nothing aside from your,class and maybe subclass, all powers are then decided from that choice or at that's how it appears.

Races are so simple to replicate from 4e yet, they, twisted them and what abilities each race got. Again this wasn't hard to port over, stuff
    like basic racial powers, I'm not talking about racial utility powers. I mean in STO Orions, Letheans, Rigelians, and others races have racial powers so you can't tell me you couldn't have put them in.

Except it doesn't fit within the way you designed this game.

With STO you have a bar were you can place all your powers, and if you gain new powers and abilities from kits or weapons, or consumables, or gaining a level or a bridge officer powers, Horta extra you can put them on the bar.

In this game it doesn't appear you have that choice, you don't have racial powers, you have what two at wills, an encounter, 1 utility power, and a daily all of which you don't choose yourself. You don't even have melee or ranged basic attacks or charge.

Look I can understand changing how dailies work time wise makes sense, having power that can only be used once per day won't work in an mmo.

Same with the real time vs. turn based combat, I can understand why turn base would be difficult, so okay.

But most of the other changes to the mechanics were utterly unneeded, I know you had the tools to make it more like for 4e, I've played sto, its a very tactical game just like 4e, but with strong mmo action.

This game appears, from what you've exposed so far, to have miniumal tactical elements, and even less relation to D&D of any edition.

Also what did they do to the martial power source? The Trickser Rogue appears to have more in common with the Shadow Magic Loving Assassin class.

The fighter appears to have magical powers. I'm okay with flashy abilities, exgertating possible human physical abilities, but not reality altering magical effects that doesn't fit the martial power source.

And to counter the whole well they have to compete in the mmo market arguement, when one buys the lience for a beloved francise that comes with expectations from the fan badr.

In Starwars people expect light sabres and Jedi amoung other things, Star Trek they expect starships, starfleet, the federation, phasers, photon torpedeos, and so on. Stargate they expect, well Stargates.

In D&D they expect D&D mechanics, or at least a reasonable facsmily given technological constrainsts, not unreason expectation.

If Crypic can do that when 4e was designed to make conversion to mmo easy, when how are they going to deal with realms lore fans, because the mechanics are the easy part, its the deep complex and indepth realms lore and history that makes Star Trek lore seem like light reading in comparison, that will be the real challenge.

When one takes such an important lience such as the Forgotten Realms that comes with responsiblities to the fanbase. I mean the preexisting fan base is the whole reason one gets such a lience. So to flip them the bird and ignore them, in the hopes of netting the wider MMO community, defeats the purpose of spending all that money to get that lience in the first place.

Lastly action style mmos aren't the only successful mmos out thier, many tactical and stradgic focus mmos out there make money.

So the first thing they need to do is start over on the mechanics.

I'm supremely disappointed in Cryptic as I love STO.

I'm okay with the graphics, aside from the colourful spider that looks like it walked right out of a Hippies Nightmares. Seriously that thing looks like it attended woodstalk, it looks like it belongs jamming onstage with Jimmy Hendrix instead of in a dungeon fighting adventurers :D

Love the graphics aside from that.
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want a game where I can feel I can do the content without needing to play the game like a second job, which includes pvp without intense gear grinds to be viable.

Immersive towns, player housing, all the basic roleplaying staples (walk, sit, chat bubbles... it's sad I even have to say these things but WAR and TOR both were lacking), a good selection of varied cosmetic gear and fluff items like mounts/pets.

I'd love to see a 'Frontier' area, with FFA pvp, a criminals/bounty/jail/PKing system where you can be rewarded for PKing... but flagged as a murderer and suffer severe penalties if you get caught, as well as rewards for working together/city building, etc...

Most of all I want to see Dungeons and Dragons- not grindfest, not loot treadmill, not kill x mobs then go kill x more mobs- I want to see a game with adventure, I want to see the Forgotten Realms world, not just a dungeon crawler that happens to have Drizzt in it. This IP is so much more- and mmorpgs are supposed to be more than just games- they're online worlds where you are a part of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want a game where I can feel I can do the content without needing to play the game like a second job, which includes pvp without intense gear grinds to be viable.

Immersive towns, player housing, all the basic roleplaying staples (walk, sit, chat bubbles... it's sad I even have to say these things but WAR and TOR both were lacking), a good selection of varied cosmetic gear and fluff items like mounts/pets.

I'd love to see a 'Frontier' area, with FFA pvp, a criminals/bounty/jail/PKing system where you can be rewarded for PKing... but flagged as a murderer and suffer severe penalties if you get caught, as well as rewards for working together/city building, etc...

Most of all I want to see Dungeons and Dragons- not grindfest, not loot treadmill, not kill x mobs then go kill x more mobs- I want to see a game with adventure, I want to see the Forgotten Realms world, not just a dungeon crawler that happens to have Drizzt in it. This IP is so much more- and mmorpgs are supposed to be more than just games- they're online worlds where you are a part of it.

Yeah right go back to Guild Wars 2 if you don't want any loot/grind fest. This game will not have the ridiculous loot system of Guild Wars where you max your character in less then 2 weeks. Ok maybe not everlasting lootmill like WOW but if you play 40 hours/week it should take many months to max a character.

I also don't want to see ridiculous death system of Guild Wars 2 which is a silly respawn festival where everybody can resurrect anyone. This game will have tanks and healers as should be.

Adventure yes but with power rewards. Cool fights also please and cool Evil monsters. In the Hobbit(2012) movie one of the most cool encounters is not the 3 trolls but instead the Evil in the ruins of...

I rate Hobbit(2012) as 8.5/10 very good,,, an odd movie with both cute things and cool things. Yes a MMO can have some fun cute things, but it should also have cool and scary monsters.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    1) FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE PLAYER HOUSING: Don't just give us pregenerated lots like in Champions Online. Tie decorative items into the store. Or quests. Heads to mount on walls if you've killed so many of a certain mob and stuff like that. Also by fully customizable I mean let US, the PLAYERS decide where to put things. Or stack them. More freedom is a good thing.

2) No gear grinds. Sick to death of gear grinds. I swear, when will a game developing company realize it isn't the weapon that's so great, but the person WIELDING the weapon. PLAYER SKILL matters. Just to clarify, a +5 sword is a +5 sword in the hands of a zero level peasant AND a level fifty warrior. Who do you think is going to use the weapon more effectively? That's right. Because of skill. Not the weapon. DO NOT BALANCE GAMEPLAY AROUND GEAR.

3) Chat system. Seen it mentioned before in this thread. Chat balloons. Local, broadcast, etc. So far the chat system is fairly good in the games, but it has some bugs. BY ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD, DO NOT LEAVE SILENCING IN THE HANDS OF THE PLAYERS. IT BECOMES A GRIEFING TOOL. Separate "report for spamming" and "ignore" insofar as one builds up silence points and the other does not. Also let a game moderator decide on the silencing. Seriously. Don't make it arbitrary upon a certain point amount.

4) A character generation system equivalent to Champions Online or City of Heroes. Those two games have character generation down to a science. No other game has such customization offered. I would have only one thing to say...allow generation of muscular body types for BOTH sexes. And ALL races. I want my thick Drow warrior woman, dammit!

Can't think of much else at the moment. These are just wishes and hopes, by the way.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Auction Houses that can't be used for making money if you've got a degree in accounting and market based economics. My biggest complaint about MMO's.

I feel that playing the game via hunting and questing should be the sole method to earn gold and wealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    neoscudneoscud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looking for a FUN game.

I want to play an MMO that I can play with my friends on the weekend where we can jump into a quick dungeon and kill a bunch of stuff using our abilities.

low death penalty. sorry but a big death penalty isn't fun. if my friends and I bite off more than we can chew and die, WHO CARES? just let us res up, leave the area, and go find something that we can go waste up on.

during the week I work nights and my friends work days. how about some solo content? maybe even some solo dungeons that give like rare items, but not like epics.

also just a suggestion: but can you please consider making quality of items the same as most games? i tried out GW2 and was pleased that i got blue items at a very low level and when i started getting green items i vendored more than a few green items before my friend told me that greens were in fact superior to blue items, at which time i started looking at the actual stats of each item. most of the MMO's that i have played use grey as vendor trash, white is slightly better vendor trash, green is an item with better stats that you can get from like solo content, blues are rare drops/easy dungeon rewards, purple for like epic raid content if you are even planning for raids and orange for a legendary item that takes a a lot of questing to get. while on the subject, if you add legendaries, please make it a weapon/item that be good for more than a few months or add a way to upgrade the item or skin the looks of the item onto a new model as in you add a legendary and then a year later you add an expansion that raises the max character level, so while there are new weapons of lesser quality that do more damage it would be fun to keep weilding a legendary weapon that took a long time to aquire.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    1) FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE PLAYER HOUSING: Don't just give us pregenerated lots like in Champions Online. Tie decorative items into the store. Or quests. Heads to mount on walls if you've killed so many of a certain mob and stuff like that. Also by fully customizable I mean let US, the PLAYERS decide where to put things. Or stack them. More freedom is a good thing.

Is there a prior game benchmark to compare this to BTW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    uglybuggeruglybugger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Rift's player housing offers a lot of what he/she mentioned. I personally haven't messed with it much, as buying a "house" costs a lot of in-game currency, but some people have done amazing things with their home dimensions.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nothing can beat a self made foundry house.

All you have to do is to pick up the quest and never open the reward chest.

Also you can't store anything there and can show it to only 4 guests at a time - but hey! Persistent world is in wishlist of foundry.

EDIT: Good idea, I will make some houses for you people when I can.
  • Options
    neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Definitely housing.. i never liked any "treasure" more in our PnP exploits than our keep/small castle !!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Definitely housing.. i never liked any "treasure" more in our PnP exploits than our keep/small castle !!

Bah! Think big - its an era of earthmotes.

Flying Castles!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013

Yes, Rift and EQ2 both have very awesome player housing systems.

I would really like to see a player housing and/or guild housing system. Anything that gives players the ability to shape the environment around them. I don't like static landscapes.
This discussion has been closed.