test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List what you would like to see in this mmo

Comments

• surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lyfebane wrote: »
    erm.. you do realise I am a deathknight? surely the blazing eyes give it away? having your tentacles deep in my skull means you just lost you tentacles to the infernal/necrotic power of a dark god blazing inside my skull:) Here have some cream for that!
    Also I am immune to fear and most other controlling effects:)
    Last I checked that wouldn't bother a Lich much... Even an Illithid Lich...

Death Knight, huh? Damn. Competition for bits of soul!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mukk1an wrote: »
    I hope you will be able to carry stuff even though your strength isnt fighterawesomegreat so that i dont have to run back to town all the time just cause im a wizard.
    I hope there'll be a lot of secret stuff like hidden loot and passages.
    And great storyline, fastpaced action and loooots of classes and prestigeclasses and neverending multiclasspossibilities.
    I dont think i'm gonna be dissapointed =D
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    Ever heard of magic bags ? Or Bag of Holding ? :P

Yes to all of the above (so THAT'S what those little bags mean at the bottom right corner...)
    except multi-class doesn't work the way you think it does and there are Paragon Paths not Prestige classes. Read my FAQ on my banner second post of you have further questions.
    surf13 wrote: »

Why do I want to type, A Paladin, a Death Night and an Alhoon walk into a Tavern...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • h0rseh0rse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    That said both me and my brother HATE Guild Wars 2! GW2 is one the most bad games that I have tried. Lol maximixe character in less then 2 weeks! Remember old NeverwinterNights 1 and 2 and Baldurs Gate games? In those you had to explore like 95 % of the World before you could max your character.

Not to stray off topic, but Guild Wars was always more about character building and acquiring skills, than story, thus the fast leveling up of characters is intentional. Even in the sequel (which has more roleplaying and story than the first game) is still focused around building a character, and using your abilities (vs monsters or other players) in a synergistic way with other players.
    8.jpg

Fiona Bauerstone - Devoted Cleric - Dragon Server
  • iron4eiron4e Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1) Torches, light spells and pitch black areas. This was one of the best things about the original NWN games for me. Very atmospheric.

2) Fat halflings

3) Monks

4) Fat Halfling Monks
  • mukk1anmukk1an Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    iron4e wrote: »
    2) Fat halflings

For the love of god yes! Let us start a team of fat little hobbits who excell in pvp!
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    surf13 wrote: »

As a herioc adventurer who was cursed (rather than choose) to become a deathknight by a rather irate Dark god (it seems he didnt like his Avatar that he spent alot of time making destoryed!), I spent many years in the service of death and undeath. However, even the dark gods curse backfired on him. I manage to partially break the curse and lift my service to death and undeath, and to even attack those that serve death and undeath being able to subdue and control any lesser undead.

Mind as a lich it would be a close fight:)

AS for competiton for souls, I am particular now as to who I slay and my sword consumes. Lawful and honourable, those outside the law and oath breakers tend to be my prey, though other undead also need to be aware!

oh and to not derail the thread completely, I would like to see me in this mmo:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • currezjehcurrezjeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just want to see PvP... Good PvP...
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    iron4e wrote: »
    1) Torches, light spells and pitch black areas. This was one of the best things about the original NWN games for me. Very atmospheric.

2) Fat halflings

3) Monks

4) Fat Halfling Monks
    mukk1an wrote: »
    For the love of god yes! Let us start a team of fat little hobbits who excell in pvp!

LOL! Where do I sign up?

lyfebane wrote: »
    As a herioc adventurer who was cursed (rather than choose) to become a deathknight by a rather irate Dark god (it seems he didnt like his Avatar that he spent alot of time making destoryed!), I spent many years in the service of death and undeath. However, even the dark gods curse backfired on him. I manage to partially break the curse and lift my service to death and undeath, and to even attack those that serve death and undeath being able to subdue and control any lesser undead.

Mind as a lich it would be a close fight:)

AS for competiton for souls, I am particular now as to who I slay and my sword consumes. Lawful and honourable, those outside the law and oath breakers tend to be my prey, though other undead also need to be aware!

oh and to not derail the thread completely, I would like to see me in this mmo:)

Me too! On our side...right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Firstly - I like the leveling process more than grinding the "endgame" for ultrapowerful equipment.

This leads to my main wants:
    1. I want enough to do where leveling doesnt feel like a grind by my 3rd character. Content.

2. Though i do like leveling more than grinding endgame, i am in a pretty organized guild and want to be able to run endgame content w/o having to spend months grinding for equipment. Im sure this wont be an issue right outta the gates, its more of a by year 3 issue. This kills most mmos imho(least with my playstyle). Powercreep.

Llev
    Saved!
  • neuroelfneuroelf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    can we jump in this game ? i can't live without JUMPS nowadays.

in pnp D&D 4th ed, mobility is a huge thing; running, jumping, shifting, climbing, flying, teleporting.
    what will be the available modes of movement in this game ?

is there any update on what type of "conditions" we can deal ?
    ie: pushing, proning, slowing, immoblizing, stunning, dazing etc.

and if they stick to the d&d 4th classes, AND add the newer ones in.. this can become awesome; i love the Avenger, Monk and Druid in d&d 4th.
    edited December 2012
    about ENDGAME.

any specific has been said about that dreaded term ?
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    neuroelf wrote: »
    can we jump in this game ? i can't live without JUMPS nowadays.

in pnp D&D 4th ed, mobility is a huge thing; running, jumping, shifting, climbing, flying, teleporting.
    what will be the available modes of movement in this game ?

Yeah, mobility is hugely important in both 4E and action RPGs. And I know that there will be teleportation as the Wizards "dodge" maneuver. I hope a melee build gets some teleportation too.

But the one biggest thing I hope they learn from DDO here, that no other action RPG I've played gets right, is separating movement from attacks/abilities. Don't root us (or limit to a predefined movement) with an animation while we're attacking. In DDO, we're free to move around, strafe, backup, jump, all while using all our abilities. It give such a greater sense of freedom, and tactical options. I've played TERA, RaiderZ, Kingdoms of Amalur, and DCUO and they all miss out here.
    is there any update on what type of "conditions" we can deal ?
    ie: pushing, proning, slowing, immoblizing, stunning, dazing etc.

We know that there is a Wizard at-will that progressively slows, then freezes in place, monsters. It looks pretty cool.
    edited December 2012
    you can move around while doing 90% of you powers in Guild Wars 2.

seriously its an amazing game, but they so failed at the coop part of it... its like... "tough" to play with friends, and there is no PvE competition whatsoever, you don't know who did good and who did bad.

anyway, ranting aside, the combat mechanics in gw2 are amazing.
    edited December 2012
    Jumping answered here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Unnecessary duplicate comment removed.
    edited December 2012
    about ENDGAME.

any specific has been said about that dreaded term ?
    Dreaded? I enjoyed WOW endgame for 3.5 years! Yes they have said that endgame exists. Either we will have raids(10+) or some harder Dungeons(up top max 5 players). It is unsure if this game will have Raids. We also have the FOUNDRY tool that players can create PvE instance adventures meant for 1-5 players that other players can enjoy. Finally we have PvP, but we don't know any details about PvP except that full Open World PvP will not be supported.

As for loot system it is a bit unclear, but you can collect Zen and random loot drops(items). This game has also an Auction House. I would suspect lootsystem is not so hardcore as WOW(everlasting lootmill), but not even near so casual as the ridiculous loot system in Guild wars 2.

However developers have clearly said that endgame exists! You better play Guild Wars 2 if you want some annoying philosophy of no endgame. In less then 3 months both me and my brother realized that Guild Wars 2 with no endgame is not for us.
    you can move around while doing 90% of you powers in Guild Wars 2.

seriously its an amazing game, but they so failed at the coop part of it... its like... "tough" to play with friends, and there is no PvE competition whatsoever, you don't know who did good and who did bad.

anyway, ranting aside, the combat mechanics in gw2 are amazing.
    Yeah both me and my brother dislike very much Guild wars 2. The biggest disappointment in games that I have played. I refuse to get a new computer for that game only. Rest assured this game will have PvE competition more or less. There is no easy access everything like in GW2. You need to get good loot to enter certain areas. Good loot can also be bought through Auction House.

That said I have been very patient with computer upgrading, but likely I'll buy a super Haswell CPU desktop computer in late 2013. There is really not much performance difference between a Sandybridge or IVY generation CPU, but when Haswell comes out we have a crystal clear winner though it will not be some groundbreaking shocking improvement.

The only impressive thing in Guild wars 2 is the Mist PvP with up to 2000 players and maybe I give it a serious try the day I buy the desktop computer. I am more interested in Neverwinter though that has great PvE. However I hope Neverwinter supports Capture The Flag gaming mode in PvP though.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Jumping answered here

Unfortunately, that video also seems to confirm that freedom of movement while using attacks/abilities is restricted. As far as I can tell, nobody ever moves while attacking. Also, no strafing.

The Rogue still looks fun, though.
  • cerebjastruscerebjastrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    #1. The majority of content not forcing you to be in a group

#2. Player scaling up & down so that you can play with friends

#3. A well thought out, heavily tested and prioritized, user friendly, customizable User Interface

#4. Dragons, Trolls, Mephits, Owlbears, Golems & Some of the more weird monsters

#5. A character bio that can be accessed by other people, such as City of Heroes had, where you could functionally click on someone and read their self made background/history. If this could also incorperate their personal story/adventures like in GW2 that would be awesome.

#6. A monster manual, adventure manual, or what ever you want to call it. A in game resource like Warhammer AoR had that updated as you got to new zones, killed new monsters, and in general made achievement unlocks feel far more immersive.

#7. Moderators and Devs who put forth effort and personal involvement with the game creation and management...and for them to not just disappear once the game is out.
    edited December 2012
    #1. The majority of content not forcing you to be in a group

#2. Player scaling up & down so that you can play with friends

#3. A well thought out, heavily tested and prioritized, user friendly, customizable User Interface

#4. Dragons, Trolls, Mephits, Owlbears, Golems & Some of the more weird monsters

#5. A character bio that can be accessed by other people, such as City of Heroes had, where you could functionally click on someone and read their self made background/history. If this could also incorperate their personal story/adventures like in GW2 that would be awesome.

#6. A monster manual, adventure manual, or what ever you want to call it. A in game resource like Warhammer AoR had that updated as you got to new zones, killed new monsters, and in general made achievement unlocks feel far more immersive.

#7. Moderators and Devs who put forth effort and personal involvement with the game creation and management...and for them to not just disappear once the game is out.
    1. No! Best items from Raid raah! Yes you can get to level 60 without group, but to have best items you
    A. Do Raid!
    Yeah you speak truth. I played WOW for 3.5 years and yes death feels enough punishment in WOW.

Icecrown Citadel(ICC Raid):
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Icecrown_Citadel_%28instance%29
    ICC Raid was HUGE! 12 Epic bosses and when you 10th time run as ghost after being slaughtered by the same Epic boss the death penalty felt enough hardcore indeed! In addition your gear took damage though not permanent you could repair gear for low cost of ingame money.

ICC was released at end of 2009 and during 2010 WOW reached its top glory of 12 million active players which is still World record!

or
    B. Buy from Auction House and then you need lot of money. Also all best items you can not buy... some can only get from Raid.

2. No lol this is not Guild wars 2.
    3. Yes.
    4. Oh yes lots of monsters! I like HORROR and ACTION movies! Please horror monsters.
    5. Maybe???.
    6. No need. This is a free game instead do Raid and PvP or this game please. NOTE! We do not need huge Raid for 40+ people, but for 10+ and maybe 25 people raid. 10 people should be enough to get best items.
    7. Yes please.

and I hope Neverwinter supports Capture The Flag gaming mode in PvP. Eye candy yes. Though my definition of eyecandy is likely Succubus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Mature agerating with violent action, horror and nudity.
  • ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Fey'ri, remember them? They were fun back in the days of 3.5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiima1tiima1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Most of what I want has already been mentioned here and there throughout this thread, but I'll post my wishlist anyway. I realize some or all of these points have been answered elsewhere... this is just my wishlist :)

1) a sandbox-style world with seamless zones, as apposed to an instanced world. This isn't to say I don't want instances... I would just prefer that the wilderness areas not be instanced (they should be continuous with city gates, etc).
    2) Multiple difficulty levels for instances. I'd like it if the L1 instances are scalable to level 60, for instance, with level appropriate monsters and loot spawning depending on the avg party level, assuming the avg party level is within 2-3 levels of the lowest level person.
    3) Armor customization, both graphically and functionally. It would be fine if the first were a 'points or pay-to-play' option, but modifying armor stats to make them more useful would be a nice core component, ala reforging in WoW.
    4) Support or allowance of player mods and macros. Being able to customize the UI is hugely important. At the very least there should be a way to move buttons around, re-size various windows and possibly apply different skins, alter text font/colours/data for both combat text and chat text, and bind buttons to my Razer Naga.
    5) Eventual support for the grappling fighter style from 4e. I play one in my pnp game, and it's a fun playstyle!

I might edit this later to add more stuff, but it's time for a 4 mile run while the weather holds.
    [SIGPIC]Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.[/SIGPIC]
    Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tiima1 wrote: »
    5) Eventual support for the grappling fighter style from 4e. I play one in my pnp game, and it's a fun playstyle!
    It's fun from both sides of the screen! Can take a little getting used to for the poor ole DM who hasn't run into one before :D But I'd highly recommend it to any party.
  • wolfentirwolfentir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would like to see armour customization like we have in GW2, so we could make our characters look unique.

Also, large number of skills to choose from so we can again have unique characters.
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    1. No! Best items from Raid raah! Yes you can get to level 60 without group, but to have best items you
    A. Do Raid!

or
    B. Buy from Auction House and then you need lot of money. Also all best items you can not buy... some can only get from Raid.

2. No lol this is not Guild wars 2.
    3. Yes.
    4. Oh yes lots of monsters! I like HORROR and ACTION movies! Please horror monsters.
    5. Maybe???.
    6. No need. This is a free game instead do Raid and PvP or this game please. NOTE! We do not need huge Raid for 40+ people, but for 10+ and maybe 25 people raid. 10 people should be enough to get best items.
    7. Yes please.

and I hope Neverwinter supports Capture The Flag gaming mode in PvP. Eye candy yes. Though my definition of eyecandy is likely Succubus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Mature agerating with violent action, horror and nudity.

Delves will be the top content at the moment, that is a 5 (possibly harder, and need 5 players, healer /tank best but possibly doable with other set ups if skilled) man dungeon.
    That said 10 man dungeons would be ok by me too, but I would not want to see more.
    Also there might be events which 5 or more players might be in at a time. Like defend the castle from attackers (undead?) and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i remembered an epic thing from might&magic 7 - they had these little stories on items, i remember how much i liked getting new stuff just to read these, would be nice if we had smth like that here, neverwinter has enough lore and creative ppl to do this, might even be community contest for best ones during beta

some examples from m&m7
    Although crossbows have many advantages - locking string catches, superior
    shot strength, easy to learn - they don't compare to the longbow when speed
    and range are critical.

The swept-back style of the cutlass helpsopponents underestimate the
    weapon's true reach. Many unexperienced swordsmen have lost their lives to
    this deceptive design.

A marvelous achievement, these gauntlets were forged and woven by the
    Dwarves of Stone City. The offer both flexibility and strong protection.
    The only trouble is that the wearer's skin is sometimes caught in the mesh,
    leading to painful pinches.

These crossbows were stockpiled by Archibald just prior to the Succession
    War for use against his brother. As with most decisions involving death,
    Archibald chose wisely. These crossbows are amongst the best in the land.

This cheap helm is better suited for a costume party than a battle. The
    horns have been glued onto a rigid leather cap dyed black to make it look
    scarier. The material is brittle and flaky, and will probably come apart at
    just the wrong time.

Much more a tool than a weapon, Ethric's Staff was fashioned by the worlds
    first lich--Ethric the Mad. The staff magnifies Dark magic, drawing from the
    life force of its user. Since Ethric's life force was magically sustained,
    this wasn't a problem for him. Mortals, however, will slowly feel their life
    force drain away while they hold the staff.

It is said that Mash
    was the answer to the First Ogre's prayer to the Gods for a weapon that would
    make it stronger than anything else. Annoyed, the God's cursed the First Ogre
    with Mash, and all Ogre's have since borne the mark of that act--strong, but
    slow, dull, and stupid. In any event, Mash is yours now.

Secretly
    passed from one Assassin to another for centuries, Old Nick happily vanished
    from history's sight during the Battle for Morning--a joint Human-Elvish attack
    on the Assassin's guild nearly 200 years ago. It is said that Old Nick has
    killed more people than the Plague. Now that you've found this evil weapon,
    you're going to throw it down a well..aren't you?

• chaoticgoth1431chaoticgoth1431 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    banaanc - That was awesome! I miss those games ;_;

Heh, honestly I hope there will be an update with the githzerai and githyanki races. I love those guys and it wouldn't be too difficult to ensure they aren't overpowered.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong - Dak'kon the Pariah, Planescape: Torment

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • missoukmissouk Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    TIMESTOP

and :
    - sandbox style and not theme park
    - no trying to "equilibrate" classes for pvp or pve
    - no easy leveling
    - huge wild world to explorate
    - forge tool unlimited
    - no capture the flag <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    - no different stuff for pvp or pve
    - pvp allowed anytime anywhere at own risk

WE WANT A DnD ADVENTURE GAME, NOT A WOW LIKE WITH A DnD TASTE
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want Statues in thery should be one Honoring the Truthseeker and another Honoring Andre for all the selfless hardwork they have done to keep these forums orderly.(Truthseeker was doing this before he was a moderator.) We really should thank them guys.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    missouk wrote: »
    TIMESTOP

WE WANT A DnD ADVENTURE GAME, NOT A WOW LIKE WITH A DnD TASTE

Freedom to do anything, anyway you want.
  • valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    Freedom to do anything, anyway you want.

This isn't Dawn :P we have actual videos of the game so we know it isn't vaporware!
This discussion has been closed.