Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard - Class Preview Video

2»

Comments

• Options
    darkfiretimdarkfiretim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To throw another possible red herring into the mix Champions Online, another Cryptic game based on a table top rpg, has prebuilt builds for FtP players and the ability to design your own build for PtP players.

I'm expecting something similar here. For FtP we have Control Wizards, whatever those may look like in the end, for PtP players we have Wizard. Mix and match as you wish from all available wizard every-things, assuming you meet feat and class prereqs of course.

As someone else said earlier its all speculation right now, but I think this model is likely due to its encouraging people to pay out money and providing a creation system relatively close to the original 3e and 4e models. Also with this model they can nickel and dime us with small feat and class updates like Wizards of the Coast does with its Dragon Magazine updates.
  • Options
    felix1252felix1252 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To throw another possible red herring into the mix Champions Online, another Cryptic game based on a table top rpg, has prebuilt builds for FtP players and the ability to design your own build for PtP players.

I'm expecting something similar here. For FtP we have Control Wizards, whatever those may look like in the end, for PtP players we have Wizard. Mix and match as you wish from all available wizard every-things, assuming you meet feat and class prereqs of course.

As someone else said earlier its all speculation right now, but I think this model is likely due to its encouraging people to pay out money and providing a creation system relatively close to the original 3e and 4e models. Also with this model they can nickel and dime us with small feat and class updates like Wizards of the Coast does with its Dragon Magazine updates.

Well you're expectations are wrong because there is no pay to play, don't have to pay for classes or class updates or anything except for cosmetic and utility items that aren't necessary to game play, so please do make sure you have all the information before posting something like that. :p
    Looking for a friendly english speaking EU Guild.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    There will be no Subscription Membership, there will be no Lifetime Membership, it will be Free-To-Play -- unlike those other Hybrid games, such as STO, CO, DCUO, etc. Neverwinter is being designed, from the ground up, as solely Free to Download and Free To Play. They want you to fall in love with the game and then because you love it, they will offer cosmetic and other "fluff" for you to buy and love. They do not want to make anyone have to pay to enjoy the game, instead they want you to love the game and in turn buy stuff because you love the game -- not because you have to.
  • Options
    darkfiretimdarkfiretim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I seriously do hope your both correct as a long time customer of both PWE, Cryptic, and WoftC I'll believe that when it goes live and stays that way. I've been told free before often enough to be jaded. Still in absence of evidence, and not wanting to derail the thread, I'll drop it and return to the thread topic.

The brief glimpse we get of the wizard talent tree implies that at least some aspect of the class will be a rigid structure. I'm hoping this doesn't mean we get railroaded into certain powers at certain levels but that is looking more possible as I examine the tree. *shrug*
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I seriously do hope your both correct as a long time customer of both PWE, Cryptic, and WoftC I'll believe that when it goes live and stays that way. I've been told free before often enough to be jaded. Still in absence of evidence, and not wanting to derail the thread, I'll drop it and return to the thread topic.

The brief glimpse we get of the wizard talent tree implies that at least some aspect of the class will be a rigid structure. I'm hoping this doesn't mean we get railroaded into certain powers at certain levels but that is looking more possible as I examine the tree. *shrug*

It seems we are stuck with "starting" powers, but we can later swap them out (or not) with new powers. From what I got, we can swap these powers back and forth at "campfires" or "rest points"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]