test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard - Class Preview Video

bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in News & Announcements
Hey all the new video is out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SfMO6B_CaMA

from F2P.com

there is a couple of french and german ones that look crisper (in my opinion)

http://www.jeuxonline.info/video/6145/apercu-magicien-manipulateur-neverwinter-vost

heres one from MMORPG.com is MUCH clearer then the F2P.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UocjYlcjtGc
Post edited by bitterwinter on

Comments

• Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You da man BW!

We just need the rogue video now!

Saving the best for last! ;-)

Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I happen to follow F2P.com which is how I saw it so then I just did a google search for the past 24 hrs and found the jeauxonline:)

Now all we need is some of our fellow gamers in Paris to post some gameplay vids;)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sadly I won't be in Paris until 11-16-2012 ish... b:cry
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    you should have changed your trip day *says in sing song voice*:)
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Looks awesome!! I never really play Wizard type classes, but this has me thinking about it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Not a fan of the red outfit they are wearing with the panels down the side think they should be down the front and back:)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    My characters will be easy to spot with the promise of "robust character customizations" my chars will be wearing some combo of green, gold, and black.

J
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Mutters to himself, very very nice...such a tease!

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Saving the best for last! ;-)

Indeed .. the cleric :P
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    galvayra wrote: »

You mean the Ranger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    galvayra wrote: »

Agreed, I can't wait to see the video for the cleric.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Control Wizard, previewed in our latest class preview video, has a spell for every occasion, and a counter for every resistance. Staring down an ogre? Chill it with the Ray of Frost until it's encased in an icy slab, then finish it with a barrage of Magic Missiles. If his orcish minions try to get revenge, knock them all away with the powerful Ice Storm blast.

Just remember, your lack of armor can leave you vulnerable. An expert Control Wizard will know when to use the Teleport ability to get out of trouble and back with her team.

Watch the video on our YouTube channel, and don't forget to subscribe!
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    This video actually makes me want to play a Wizard Class -- something I don't normally want to do in an MMO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Notice they said "dozens of abilities". Hmmm I hope that not limited to casters. I hope all classes get dozens of ability choices.

Overall looks enjoyable, more fun than casters in most games in my opinion.

Edit: it appears the same comment is made in the Guardian Fighter video, but the question is why do so few abilities show up in the screenshots we've seen in the character ability choices (note I know we only have ~7 usable at one time).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    varrvarr wrote: »
    Notice they said "dozens of abilities". Hmmm I hope that not limited to casters. I hope all classes get dozens of ability choices.

Edit: it appears the same comment is made in the Guardian Fighter video, but the question is why do so few abilities show up in the screenshots we've seen in the character ability choices (note I know we only have ~7 usable at one time).

I believe if you look on the Neverwinter video by Athene, there is a shot of the control wizard skill tree, not sure how clear it will be if you freeze it and zoom in but it does seem like there are/will be quite a few powers
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Merged a duplicate thread from Discussions into this one to keep the feedback focused together.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I believe if you look on the Neverwinter video by Athene, there is a shot of the control wizard skill tree, not sure how clear it will be if you freeze it and zoom in but it does seem like there are/will be quite a few powers

Well I'm referring to the only pic I've seen of what appears to be the skill tree and I only count 17 abilities. To me dozens means 24 or more, as anything less than 24 is not the plural of dozen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That video looks pretty neat, I don't like how the icicles blow back all the mobs in exactly the same way though, I'd like to see some randomness there.

I'm sure I will be playing this wizard to maximum.
  • Options
    darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well I'm referring to the only pic I've seen of what appears to be the skill tree and I only count 17 abilities. To me dozens means 24 or more, as anything less than 24 is not the plural of dozen.

1.5 cups of flour.
    1 and a half liters of petrol

Anything greater than 1 is plural.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    1.5 cups of flour.
    1 and a half liters of petrol

Anything greater than 1 is plural.

One and a half dozen donuts, not one and a half dozens donuts though. *shurg* your name's familiar...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Three things:
    1. It's possible we're not seeing the entire tree and more could scroll down
    2. I'm pretty sure I once saw something on another tab that had at least "At-Will" powers, meaning more powers are there, included with 1. Maybe on the "Character" Tab? I know you get At-Will power at level 1, 2 at character creation (3 if human) from the PnP. Even if this doesn't scroll as in 1., I see a daily power is at Level "5" not 1. Which means they may break up the powers into their own level groups and stagger things part of one component into their own thing.
    3. Paragon Paths/Feats may unlock even more powers, making the claim "dozens" possible!
    On the flip side, that statement could be old and powers are being consolidated into one power that has multiple uses (like ray of frost can be a multiple click attack or hold down to slow and freeze at the cost of movement.) Maybe they are using the tab key to toggle things this way? Who knows?

But yeah, when I see it, I'll believe it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012

Um...I believe you have the wrong pic sir. Those all seem like Fighter abilities. If you're hard of seeing (some might be) I'm sure someone could send you the name's and levels, but those are definitely not a wizards abilities.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Um...I believe you have the wrong pic sir. Those all seem like Fighter abilities. If you're hard of seeing (some might be) I'm sure someone could send you the name's and levels, but those are definitely not a wizards abilities.

Please see my other post, the video for Guardian fighter says "dozens of abilities" too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Please see my other post, the video for Guardian fighter says "dozens of abilities" too.

See above forum path Neverwinter > Information and Discussion > Neverwinter News > Control Wizard - Class Preview Video .If you're going to talk about the wizard class and the video relating to it, we'll expect wizard screenshots. The guardian fighter may be getting a revision in their powers for all we know, and it can't be used as an argument for this class just officially released. No moderator rules violation or anything, just a clarity of reply validity here wearing my forum poster hat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ... wearing my forum poster hat.
    Beware of your hats. There are rogues in the forums who will pounce to steal it while you are changing it. I recently lost my mace which was used as ---C ...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Beware of your hats. There are rogues in the forums who will pounce to steal it while you are changing it. I recently lost my mace which was used as ---C ...

Hey! I resemble that comment! I would love a mod squad hat!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Control Wizard, previewed in our latest class preview video, has a spell for every occasion, and a counter for every resistance. Staring down an ogre? Chill it with the Ray of Frost until it's encased in an icy slab, then finish it with a barrage of Magic Missiles. If his orcish minions try to get revenge, knock them all away with the powerful Ice Storm blast.

Just remember, your lack of armor can leave you vulnerable. An expert Control Wizard will know when to use the Teleport ability to get out of trouble and back with her team.

Watch the video on our YouTube channel, and don't forget to subscribe!

Is it me or doesn't this video give the impression there won't be any real class customization when it comes builds?

It gives me the impression ALL wizzies no matter what powers will be "Control Wizards" and that is all. Presumably this is the same for the other classes and thus why the "fighter" is actually called the "Guardian Fighter".

Ah found the video JS was talking about at 7:01/7:03 you see the tree briefly. It's kind of blurry but you can see there are exactly 17 abilities like in the guardian one.

Here is what I think I can see (note some are really blurry so I will put a * if i am not sure) :

Encounter Powers

level 3 dunno
    level 6 dunno
    level 21 Mage hand *
    level 33 Sudden Storm*
    level 39 Repel *
    level 51 Words of Deceit
    level 57 slow

Daily Powers

level 5 dunno
    level 15 Ice Storm
    level 27 Sleep
    level 45 Arcane Singularity
    level 60 Maelstrom of chaos

Class Powers

level 1 Chilling Presence Thnx tinyish (still think this might be lvl4 even thought it looks like lvl1)
    level 10 Orb of ??? *
    level 33 Storm fury - Storm spell ( two at this level it would seem)
    level 48 Eye of the storm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Class Powers
    Level 1 Chilling Presence

I'm hoping that the Pre-Alpha version that they're showing here is the locked-down version of the game with only the powers that they were sure were working correctly.

An MMO with only 68 abilities total across all classes seems a little simplistic and the character customization seems like it would be a bit thin, especially in the first thirty levels.
  • Options
    amainpainbringeramainpainbringer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So at the start of the video it shows 3 Wizards on the screen. Are those showing the control wizard as the different races? If not I wonder if each main class will have 3 subclasses. Like Guardian fighter, some sort of great weapon fighter, then maybe like the warlord. I could also see Cleric, Paladin, and Avenger all under one main class. I'm very hopeful for lots of class or build options and though I never played Startreck online I LOVED!!! the amount of customization in champions I must have made 15 heros that were unlike anything else I came across.
  • Options
    navy1234navy1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very Nice.