test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll #1 Revisited: Hot Topics

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm going to re-roll a series of polls in the upcoming weeks, that I first ran when we were a much younger forum community. I can't wait to see what our grown in size (as well as in anticipation!!) forum community members have to say! This first one focuses on several hot-topics that we've read about on the forums over the past year.

Please keep ALL ANSWERS BRIEF. Proposed format: Please keep your first post to the point, so developers can get a good grip on the opinions of the player base in the shortest amount of time. After your first post, a healthy discussion would be great!! Thanks!

1. Please list the top 12 4E playable races you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 12 races here, thanks!

PHB1: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.

PHB2: Deva, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, and Shifter.

PHB3: Githzerai, Minotaur, Sharmind, and Wilden.

FRPG: Drow, Genasi, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.

NWCS: (Racial Variants) Dwarf, Eladrin, and Elf.

2. PVP. Since we know this is a one server game, we know true open world PVP is out. Assuming PvP works as it does in Star Trek Online, what potential pros and cons do you forsee for the community at large, if any? In 4 sentences or less, please describe the way PVP should work in Neverwinter.

3. How important are guild features/guild leader tools to you? In two sentences or less, please describe what you'd like to see included to make guilds organized and a really fun/useful part of Neverwinter.

4. Please list the top 12 4E playable classes you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 12 classes here, thanks!

PHB1: Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard.

PHB2: Avenger, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, and Warden.

PHB3: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, and Seeker (PHB3 also introduces hybrid classes for Artificer, Ardent, Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Battlemind, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Invoker, Monk, Paladin, Psion, Ranger, Rogue, Runepriest, Seeker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Swordmage, Warden, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard).

NWCS: Swordmage, Warlock, and Spellscarred.

5. F2P. Should the game be: A. Entirely free, period. B. Free, pay for vanity only. C. Free, pay for nonessential items, including vanity, but no pay-to-win items. D. Free, with uber pay-to-win weapons, gear, accessories and items.

6. Bound items. In three sentences or less, please state why bound items should or should not be in game.

7. What is your favorite edition of pnp D&D? Are you looking forward to playing an MMO loosely based on 4E rules? In 3 sentences or less, please describe the challenges you see ahead in getting used to the "new D&D".

8. Foundry. For you future designers out there, have the Cryptic promos excited you? What do you see that you like, and what do you see that's missing? Please keep answers tight, 6 sentences tops.

9. In one sentence please name your favorite feature so far in the game.

10. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can now create actual poll where you can vote by press of button. Use "Post poll with X choice box" in the last part where you create a thread.

1. Please list the top 12 4E playable races you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 12 races here, thanks!

Genasi
    Tiefling
    Human
    Elf
    Eladrin
    Dragonborn
    Shardmind
    Shifter

3. How important are guild features/guild leader tools to you?
    Very

4. Please list the top 12 4E playable classes you'd like to see introduced, in the order you'd like to see them introduced. Just list 12 classes here, thanks!

All of them, but avenger, invoker and paladin first

5. F2P. Should the game be: Somewhere b/w B and C.

6. no opinion

7. 4E

8. No opinion

9. Foundry

10. Character customisation - no info released. It should have customizable stats.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Some of my thoughts and wishes have evolved since the last incarnation of this topic, so I am glad to see this brought up again!

1) Human
    2) Elf
    3) Drow
    4) Eladrin
    5) Dwarf
    6) Wilden
    7) Deva
    8) Gnome
    9) Sharmind
    10) Half-Elf
    11) Tiefling
    12) Minotaur

2. PVP. Since we know this is a one server game, we know true open world PVP is out. Assuming PvP works as it does in Star Trek Online, what potential pros and cons do you forsee for the community at large, if any? In 4 sentences or less, please describe the way PVP should work in Neverwinter.

I do not see how PvP promotes Community, in my eyes it promotes elitism, segregation and leads to PvE imbalance. I do not feel PvP has any place in a D&D Game.

3. How important are guild features/guild leader tools to you? In two sentences or less, please describe what you'd like to see included to make guilds organized and a really fun/useful part of Neverwinter.

Semi-important. Guilds should have ways to promote Community and Roleplaying, including but not limited to things like Guild Housing, Guild Tabards & Cloaks with Guild Symbols, Guild Dyes, Guild Titles & Ranks, and Guild Faction Affiliations which will cause Game-Factions to react in varied manners towards these Guilds.

1) Wizard
    2) Druid
    3) Psion
    4) Spellscarred
    5) Swordmage
    6) Sorcerer
    7) Cleric
    8) Rogue
    9) Fighter
    10) Warlock
    11) Warlord
    12) Ranger

5. F2P. Should the game be: A. Entirely free, period. B. Free, pay for vanity only. C. Free, pay for nonessential items, including vanity, but no pay-to-win items. D. Free, with uber pay-to-win weapons, gear, accessories and items.

C. Free, pay for nonessential items, including vanity, but no pay-to-win items.

6. Bound items. In three sentences or less, please state why bound items should or should not be in game.

Bound items do not exist in PnP D&D and in my opinion severely limit the economic trade of items between players. When I no longer need an item, I should be able to sell or give it to another player or character. Items should instead use the age-old tradition of Durability and needing Repairs.

7. What is your favorite edition of pnp D&D? Are you looking forward to playing an MMO loosely based on 4E rules? In 3 sentences or less, please describe the challenges you see ahead in getting used to the "new D&D".

I am a fan and current player and DM of 2nd Edition AD&D. I feel 3rd and 4th sway too much from the essence of PnP D&D but make for good rules for video games. The biggest challenge will be for NWO to be able to change and adapt to the D&D Next Ruleset and Lore coming in 2014. If it doesn't adapt, it will just linger as a memory of the past, which is not what I want to see happen to my beloved Forgotten Realms.

8. Foundry. For you future designers out there, have the Cryptic promos excited you? What do you see that you like, and what do you see that's missing? Please keep answers tight, 6 sentences tops.

Yes, I am excited. The only things that worry me is word that players will be able to skip over Missions in a Campaign even if they haven't played them previously. As well, I am concerned that Foundry missions will be too linear with no varied ways of completing foundry Missions.

Foundry.

10. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly not playing the game/walking away from it?

I am concerned, as I said earlier, that NWO may become a "memory of the past" if it is not allowed to update and evolve along with the Timeline and Lore changes leading up to and into D&D Next.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Cut & Paste ballot:

Question number 1.

Question number 2.

Question number 3.

Question number 4.

Question number 5.

Question number 6.

Question number 7.

Question number 8.

Question number 9.

Question number 10.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Question number 1

1 Human
    2 Elf
    3 Eladrin
    4 Halfling
    5 Dwarf
    6 Gnome
    7 Genasi
    8 Tiefling
    9 Deva
    10 Drow
    11 Dragonborn
    12 1/2 Elf

Question 2

- No open PvP
    - Arena/Battleground only, divided in skill brackets with rewards similar to PvE for higher ones
    - Skills divided into PvE skill/PvP skill

Question 3

- I think that a standard guild management, with ranks, should be enough. I'd add Guild Achievements, though.

Question 4

Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Druid, Bard, Barbarian, Monk, Sorcerer, Warlock, Psion.

These are the class i'd add first and foremost to the game.

Question 5

I'd answer C.

Question 6

Items should be bound only at highest item level. Lower and craftable items should be AT LEAST account bound.

Question 7

My favourite edition is 4e, which i've played for 4 years (basically all its span of existance). I'll have no issues playing it, since it's widely known as a gaming-friendly edition (and often criticized for this reason).

Question 8

I'm very excited about foundry, as a DM myself i'll love to create dungeons for friends and strangers. I think that Cryptic will have to work on balance and gameplay in the foundry, especially about monsters' abilities.

Question 9

I really haven't seen much of the game till now.

Question 10

Mostly lag spikes and shallow combat management.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    thylbanusthylbanus Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Human, Drow, Elf, Dwarf, Half-elf, Tiefling, Dragonborn, Genasi, Eladrin, Half-Orc, Shifter, Minotaur.

There should be zones where PvP is open and anyone going in is automatically flagged for combat. Then there should be instances that can be accessed (ala, STO). Finally, duels or challenges should be limited to specific areas (or even limited areas where you cannot do such). Having spell effects and combat combos going off while trying to vendor or level is annoying and in slower systems can cause lag.

Need to have exportable accounting mechanics in more than just a bank. I want to be able to access who did what and when in the guild, from joining, expulsion, rank increase and demotions, bank withdrawls and additions.

Wizard, Cleric, Rogue, Sorcerer, Ranger, Warlock, Swordmage, Monk, Avenger, Psion, Fighter, Battlemind.

5. F2P. Should the game be: C. Free, pay for nonessential items, including vanity, but no pay-to-win items.

Keep it simple. Bound to character, bound to account, bound to guild, and unbound.

3.5. The 4E rules already seemed geared to those who play MMOs anyway, but that doesn't make it good. I have much trepidation about it's translation. I don't want to play STO with a D&D skin.

8. Foundry. N/A My GM days are done.

9. In one sentence please name your favorite feature so far in the game. N/A I'm new.

Not having played yet, my only fear is that it will be nothing more than an MMOTPS with spells and swords instead of guns.
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to take a slightly altered approach to races and classes based on what we know about what is launching. I'll list the races I want to see minus the one's we know are in and I'll list the "class builds" I want to see minus the ones we know are in.

Question number 1.

1. Halfling - we pretty much know this is in, but since it doesn't have a spot on the race page yet.
    2. Dragonborn
    3. Eladrin
    4. Half-Orc
    5. Gnome
    6. Minotaur
    7. Githzerai
    8. Goliath
    9. Genasi
    10. Satyr PC
    11. Gnoll PC
    12. Bugbear PC.

Question number 2.
    PvP in a game like NW should never be balanced by class vs. class fights. PvP should be a group activity and so balance should always be based on a full party concept of balance. This will help prevent PvP balance issues from ruining PvE experiences.

Question number 3.
    Guilds are vital to an MMO, so they must have banks, guild property, and guild “bling” (Items that show off they are in a guild).

Question 4.
    1. Battle Cleric
    2. Archer Ranger
    3. Great Weapon Fighter
    4. Protecting Paladin
    5. Cunning Bard
    6. Rageblood Barbarian
    7. Predator Druid
    8. Chaos Sorcerer
    9. Stone Fist Monk
    10. War Wizard
    11. Deceptive Warlock
    12. Two Weapon Ranger

Question number 5. I say why not D? If it brings in more revenue and thus results in more development I don’t care if someone shells out $50 for the highest level gear in the game, it’s no skin off my back.

Question number 6.
    Any binds to items should be account bound and not to character.

Question number 7.
    My favorite is 3.5, but I like 4e and I think 4e is better suited to an MMO design translation. I think any problems they encounter will have less to do with edition and more to do with MMO design constraints.

Question number 8.
    Having played with STO’s foundry the one thing that has excited me about NW’s version is there seems to be more freedom. I hope they do a better job updated NW’s foundry with art assets.

Question number 9.
    Does – It’s Neverwinter count?

Question number 10.
    I fear Character customization is going to be limited both in variety of cosmetics and in class power options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. Tiefling, Human, Elf, Deva, Gnome, Shifter, Half-Orc, Dwarf, Goliath, Half-Elf, Minotaur, Halfling

2. No idea. Never played Star Trek.

3. Guild-related quests/competitions.

4. Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard, Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Paladin, Ranger, Barbarian, Shaman, Psion, Spellscarred

5. C. Free, pay for nonessential items, including vanity, but no pay-to-win items.

6. Bound items should be in. Bound on equip, not on pick-up.

7. To implement more classes/races/skills/powers and still have it well balanced.

8. It'll be fun to try, but if it's not user-friendly, I'll just see it as an annoying extra thing that steals disk-space.

9. Lacking detailed info about almost anything except the Foundry, I'll have to say the Foundry.

10. Lack of variety in classes/builds (so far). Character customisation (or lack there-off).
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    1. & 4.

I believe we should get content in the order it is introduced in the PHB's.

2. Since we won't have open world PVP I hope that PVP can be brought into Foundry content to varying degrees. Also I hope to see PVP maps (arenas) that are a variety such as team deathmatch, capture the flag, control point. I would like to see those arenas capture the fun that a fast paced combat system can provide. Something people can jump in and have a quick couple of exciting matches or play hours of exciting matches with enough variety in how player builds interact with each other that it builds team dynamics seen in class based shooters or other similar style games ( Chivalry, Pirates Vikings and Knights, Mount & Blade Warband etc.).

3. Guilds should exist to create some form of conflict/competition in the world as well as social gaming features. Guilds however, should not be necessary to have access to social gaming features.

5. C but lean as much to B as possible

6. Can't answer that with such a small answer.

7. 2nd. I don't mind streamlining for the most part, BUT not if it means wrecking how a player can construct their character.

8. I would have to build an entire thread on this and even then that is hard to say since I would still have to guess at how a number of the features work.

9. Fast paced combat.

10. Right now I am concerned with how player builds work. This was one of the gripes many people had about 4e. Everything made you feel like you were stuck in a template with a very narrow path of customization. I hope I am wrong about this.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Wow, great responses so far! Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts and insights. Thanks to those taking the time. Keep it up!

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good poll so far....I am the odd man out on this honestly as long as I get Human, Half Elf and Elf I'm good. As far as classes go the only ones I would have to have are Rangers and Paladins. I'm not a huge PVP so as long as it wasn't forced I would be cool with that.

My favorite feature is with out a doubt the foundry.

The only thing that would make me walk away is if they did something incredibly stupid like make the game a Min/maxers paradise, did forced grouping or went all Raid or die.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012

Human, Elf, Drow, Eladrin, Dwarf, Dragonborn, Deva, Gnome, goliath, Half-Elf, Tiefling, Minotaur

I believe PvP should be related with guilds, guilds should be able to declare war to each other (for any good reason, which leads to a diferent topic), if so each guild players could do world PvP. beside that ofc battlegrounds and arenas.

Till know i only played MMO's on semi-hardcore guilds and always as a regular member, so i dont think i have the knowladge to answer this question lol

Wizard, Sorcerer, Avenger, Paladin, Swordmage, Barbarian, Cleric, Rogue Fighter, Warlock, Warlord, Ranger

No bound items for me, i think i deserve to do whatever i want with the gear i get from my adventures.

3e for the roleplay and story (sry i didnt play 1e and 2e) and definly 4e for the combat.

I wont probably do any missions but this an amazing feature.

A D&D game in Forgotten Realms, about the game i will only know when i put my hands on :)

To be honest, im affraid the game wont be challenging enough :(
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What are people calling "open PvP?" I don't understand how that's any different than either A) Non-consentual free-for-all or B) Consentual single and team duels (which CO has). Or are both of these categorized as separate things?
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Generally open means free for all or at least having the majority of open world be free for all. UO is a good example of this type of system.
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aavarius wrote: »
    What are people calling "open PvP?" I don't understand how that's any different than either A) Non-consentual free-for-all or B) Consentual single and team duels (which CO has). Or are both of these categorized as separate things?

For "open pvp" i mean pvp full areas everywhere, even in non-instanced world, like in WoW pvp realms.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Open=Full in this discussion, not restricted anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Question number 1.

1 Human
    2 Dwarf
    3 Elf
    4 Half-Orc
    5 Halfing
    6 Gnome
    7 Half Elf
    8 Drow
    9 Tiefling
    10 Dragonborn
    11 Goliath
    12 Eladrin

Question number 2.
    Controlled arena format, preferably with your ability's having pvp stats and pve stats so that the balancing of one doesn't mess with the other. With a 9-10 hotkey setup this shouldn't be too hard.

Question number 3.
    Guild housing/ rewards for doing awesome stuff. A guild leader / counsel function that can be purchased with in game currency, eg. a 10 man guild would be like 10gp (I'm not sure how much money scales but imagine of 10g is the same as WoW) But a 300 man guild would be like 10k. Then offer purchasable upgrades like, more bank slots, portable repairing, better beds (more rested exp if you log out in the guild house) and stuff like that that can be earned by the guild through playing. Then you can sell aesthetic stuff with real money, like guild name changes, or custom party icons and stuff. Also offer a guild account option so players can donate money to their guild and then everyone can vote on stuff to get.

Question number 4.
    1 Fighter
    2 Cleric
    3 Rogue
    4 Wizard
    5 Bard
    6 Druid
    7 Monk
    8 Sorcerer
    9 Paladin
    10 Barbarian
    11 Ranger
    12 Invoker

Question number 5.
    Vanity items only. I don't want to have to pay to play the game.

Question number 6.
    I would prefer Itemization to occur at most levels of the game with a non-bound approach. Final Fantasy XI did this very well, on the open world map you could kill rare monsters at a relatively low level (Leaping Lizzy, the guy that drops monster sigma, quest reward items) and they were good for even very high level characters. This leads to gear being extremely valuable and promotes a strong economy within the game as money is not worthless when you get decked out in end game gear and it allows you to create new content with cool stuff without overriding the previous content creating a true teared experience.

Question number 7.
    I tend to play games like GURPS and Pathfinder for a pnp experience. But this is not a pnp experience and it wont ever be one. I'd say stick with the main class-archetype/spec approach that has worked very well for WoW and seems to be in 4e too.

Question number 8.
    I am very excited to try out the Foundry and the toolset looks pretty strong as is. The main thing I would like to see is more info on balancing the fights. Since we are extremely limited on the story telling experience part eg no voice acting or cause effect between adventures the main thing thats going to have to pull the foundry through to a useful piece of equipment is an in depth encounter alteration system. Basically you can have the best text fill in the world but if you only have a set of 8 pre-designed encounters (I doubt there is actually even that much. Since I am guessing there's no stealth system or exp reward system for avoiding challenges or diplomacy experience or anything like that) then the foundry will get boring REAL QUICK. Id like to see a Boss encounter part of the tool-set that is its own different section with sliders/options that have experiance tied too it that can modify anything from an aoe he does in curtain areas of the room every set time to add spawning with advanced fight mechanics attached to phased sections of the fights with scripted npc interactions.

Question number 9. Varied leveling, I kind of hate questing and I like the option of being able to grind to cap in a reasonable amount of time with a group of friends.

Question number 10. I haven't seen anything like that so far. When I played the guardian fighter at PAX it was really boring compared to the rogue and the wizard and I guess that was a downer.
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good poll so far....I am the odd man out on this honestly as long as I get Human, Half Elf and Elf I'm good.

I don't know why but it mega bothers me that there is Tiefling but no Aasimar I just feel like it should be a given if you have one to have the other as an option. I'm not that familiar with forgotten realms but I would assume Aasimar are in it. I just don't see why Tiefling is so popular as a race, I feel like everyone wants to play a brooding, misunderstood, angst, assassin. Not that there is really a problem with that but might as well not discriminate and allow people to be the half-angel holy paladin of purge-derpery.
  • Options
    popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Question number 1.
    1 Human
    2 Drow
    3 Elf
    4 Half-Elf
    5 Dwarf
    6 Halfling
    7 Gnome
    8 Tiefling
    9 Dragonborn
    10 Half-orc
    11 Deva
    12 Shifter

Question number 2.
    PvP should be limited to arena/battlegrounds.

Question number 3.
    Very important. I'd like to see guild levels which in turn can give some minor convenient guild perks. Even some that encourage guildmates grouping together. I also want to see mechaisms that allow for quick ways to meet up in game to form party for adventuring.

Question number 4.
    1 Fighter
    2 Cleric
    3 Rogue
    4 Wizard
    5 Paladin
    6 Ranger
    7 Druid
    8 Bard
    9 Shaman
    10 Warlord
    11 Warlock
    12 Sorcerer

Question number 5.

Question number 6.
    Yes. Some items of particular value or of a questline should be bound as they were acived through actually playing the content and not simply from a hand me down or bought/traded for from another player. With that said there should be a balance of bounc and non-bound items.

Question number 7.
    I am very excited but I see the major challenge being that getting that feel of D&D adventuring into the faster pace of action combat. It's possible but they might get away from it if the combat is too run and gun twitchy and I fea it has the potential to feel more like halo or call of duty versus D&D if they aren't careful.

Question number 8.
    I am super excited that the cummunity can effect the longevity of the game by creating content. I am liking the features they have shown thusfar for the ease of making that content available an for the toolset in making that UGC. I would like to see more variety for tweaking the level of the encounter than what I have seen from video in turn effecting the loot reward as well. I also want to see the ability to customize (with restictions) the loot reward and the look of the loot reward.

Question number 9.
    There are lots of goo things but if I had to choose then my favourite feature is the foundry system because in the long run, content is king for longevity.

Question number 10.
    If the combat system is too much like a run and gun twitchy system with little to no strategy.
  • Options
    zealotdancepartyzealotdanceparty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012

1. Humans
    2. Dwarves
    3. Elves
    4. Tieflings
    5. Gnomes
    6. Drow

-incl some of their variants. Not much of a oppinion on this question

Open world PvP. I usually roleplay in games like this, and somehow if find open PvP better fitting for roleplaying. Imagine you want to rob someone of their money in a area outside of neverwinter city...this gives your target two options: Roleplay his way out of the situation, or possibly be killed.
    Ofcourse open world pvp is not for everyone... and it has some cons for the more casual orientated players.

Housing for a guild would be awesome. Even special guild capes as in eq2 would be nice.

1 Swordmage
    2 fighter
    3 Cleric
    4. rogue
    5. ranger
    6. bard
    7. Padalin
    8. Barbarian
    9. wizard
    10. sorcerer
    11. druid
    12. warlock

Ofcourse i would say A. But if i had to place myself in the place of the developpers i would probably go for C. You want to attract a big playerbase, but with option D this will never happen. With C you can also for example have consumers pay for bags and other items, but also have them be obtainable trough the game without paying. But yea, you can even go the blizzard way and have a real money auction, of wich you get for example 5% of the transactions.

No they shouldnt, because in real life you dont bind your clothes to yourself either. I think its a stupid mechanic.

3.5 i guess. Last time i read about the 4e, i had a feeling it was just DnD made casual. But i dont care much, wether its 3.5 or 4th edition, eventually the quality of the game is in the hands of the developpers.

/

Dont know untill i played the game. What i like the most so far is the graphical design of the game, really fits the forgotten realms universe.

The combat system. But i do not have enough information to judge yet. But it seems ackward to have a action mmorpg using the dnd ruleset.....but then again, maybe it will be pure awesome.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know why but it mega bothers me that there is Tiefling but no Aasimar I just feel like it should be a given if you have one to have the other as an option. I'm not that familiar with forgotten realms but I would assume Aasimar are in it. I just don't see why Tiefling is so popular as a race, I feel like everyone wants to play a brooding, misunderstood, angst, assassin. Not that there is really a problem with that but might as well not discriminate and allow people to be the half-angel holy paladin of purge-derpery.

My experience (and this is just my experience) is that Tieflings are usually played by college aged females, each time there is someone in that demographic at our table she nine times out of ten plays a Teifling. I'm an old dude from the late seventies/early eighties D&D and the culture has changed quite a bit, I just smile nod and play a Half Elf or Human.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm in a Pathfinder game right now where I am playing a 59 year old human cleric female. Shes kind of a rivet rosy type who was a medic in a large war that ended several years ago. When her husband died she grabbed their two dogs (large mastiffs) and joined the church. She has kids who are alive that she writes every now and then to check up on when she drinks her pre-bed tea with honey. Shes like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mother figure to the party that will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up anyone who messes with her "children".

Anyways though, I like half-orcs specifically non-grudge bearing bro types that acknowledge and understand that they look like freaks to most people and generally laugh off remarks about them being savages.

Just my style though.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    My experience (and this is just my experience) is that Tieflings are usually played by college aged females, each time there is someone in that demographic at our table she nine times out of ten plays a Teifling. I'm an old dude from the late seventies/early eighties D&D and the culture has changed quite a bit, I just smile nod and play a Half Elf or Human.

Of the races we've been told about for launch Tiefling is the only visually interesting one to me. I rarely play human or near human, so I'm likely to have at least one Tiefling and I'm by no means a college aged female (though I do have them in my classes :p) I'd rather have a Dragonborn or something even less human like a Satyr or Gnoll, so until I get something a little more "different" Tiefling will have to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heavenshock12heavenshock12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. (In a random order, can't decide on the order)
    1. Dwarf
    2. Elf
    3. Human
    4. Tiefling
    5. Half-Orc
    6. Shifter
    7. Minotaur
    8. Drow
    9. Genasi
    10. Dragonborn
    11. Human
    12. Tiefling

2. In my opinion PVP may be in kind of dungeons, some sort of a menu or an NPC that will teleport you into a map with other people who asked to fight and you got matched up with - around the same level and maybe W/L ratio, and if you're in a group then it shall be group PVP, and it'll be able to pair you up with a couple of random people who you can fight with or against, and maybe even add a couple of role-playing mods, such as only wizards or even combine NPCs and an actual story in those dungeons.

3. In my opinion guilds is an important part of this game as I assume that many people will want to roleplay and guilds will help them achieve that, maybe guild-house will be a waste since it will constantly be empty and and just a waste of investment and such but certainly a guild should be an important subject in this game.

4. (In a random order, can't decide on the order)
    1.Cleric
    2. Rogue
    3. Ranger
    4. Paladin
    5. Warlock
    6. Wizard
    7. Avenger
    8. Bard
    9. Barbarian
    10. Druid
    11. Ardent
    12. Monk

5. C. Free, pay for nonessential items, including vanity, but no pay-to-win items (also being able to buy those cosmetics or w/e for ingame money - as they can be traded between players).

6. Bound items, in my opinion they should be in the game so people won't recycle their items and this way the market will be flooded - way too flooded with recycled items.

7. Can't really answer that.

8. I'm not quite sure about that, as it may be good and it may be bad, I can't really expand on that since I'm not familiar with the whole system yet and I can't criticize it yet, from what it looks so far it seems nice, yet you should be very careful so there won't be 9999 maps and certain maps with names like "9#$@#$ FUN MAP" and such, as it will ruin the classicness of the game and make it a bit cheap.

9. The awesome need for teamwork, communication, guild and even the need of a voice chat so players can communicate better with each other and not feel like it's a single-player game.

10. I'm afraid that the maps and the area you can play in will be way too big and you'll see people only once in a while, which will be a real bummer as I really hate empty MMOs, it makes me feel bad and almost an instant want to quit.

Thanks ! ; )
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Er. There are no Aasimar in 4e. Try Deva instead ;) They aren't in PH1 or NCS tho so you'll probably have to wait a while for them...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    surf13 wrote: »
    Er. There are no Aasimar in 4e. Try Deva instead ;) They aren't in PH1 or NCS tho so you'll probably have to wait a while for them...

I know I checked my books when I was reading the thread for classes and I was like "what the heck, why are Tieflings a race option and Aasimar aren't?!".
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3.x man... Let go. Let the past go. Let the good come... ;) <j>
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    surf13 wrote: »
    3.x man... Let go. Let the past go. Let the good come... ;) <j>

Ive never actually played 3.5, only Pathfinder, I like GURPS anyways! Get me some turtle people up in here :P.

It just doesn't make sense though, why can players have fiendish ancestry and not celestial? Especially since most partys are more aligned towards good than evil so it would make absolute sense for someone touched with celestial blood to be inclined to help others where a person touched by fiendish blood would have to fight the urge to walk away or cause further misfortune.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ive never actually played 3.5, only Pathfinder, I like GURPS anyways! Get me some turtle people up in here :P.

It just doesn't make sense though, why can players have fiendish ancestry and not celestial? Especially since most partys are more aligned towards good than evil so it would make absolute sense for someone touched with celestial blood to be inclined to help others where a person touched by fiendish blood would have to fight the urge to walk away or cause further misfortune.

Tiefling in 4e are not inclined to evil necessarily. They are descendants of people who made an infernal pact and have a "cursed" bloodline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ahem ... again reiterating...

4e tieflings are basically humans. They age same as humans - just a bit of nastiness in blood thats all. And they are all nobels who fought dragonborn long ago.
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Open world PvP may means PK but in my view it's a event when 2 guilds declare war to each other and can pk enemy guild players without geting PK status.

Guild system without GvG it's just only new friends tab.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library