test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MMO Culture article Perfect World Preparing its first 2 foreign games in China

Comments

• Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok omg I got home from work that site makes this one look ...well lacking....

umm guess I'll be going over to that site more often then here:)
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cinderboy wrote: »

Thanks for that cinderboy much appreciated and love your site.

Any chance you can decipher this site for us? http://nw.wanmei.com/
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any one else notice the PvP tibbit??? Theres a section called arena. So, we now know a bit more about PvP options and possibities.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ghosty2a wrote: »
    Any one else notice the PvP tibbit??? Theres a section called arena. So, we now know a bit more about PvP options and possibities.

When I clicked on Arena it brought up screenshots....screenshots that aren't posted on this site fyi
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    When I clicked on Arena it brought up screenshots....screenshots that aren't posted on this site fyi

So much about their site is better than ours, it's a bad freakin joke Bitter. Oh, and that site you posted isn't anything special. here ya go.

Share "Neverwinter Nights OL 'official website, participate in microblogging interactive.

Share:
    QQ space
    Sina microblogging
    Tencent microblogging
    All networks
    Kaixin
    Douban
    Baidu Post Bar

There's more, but it's basically the same stuff
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    varrvarr wrote: »
    Damn I have to say their site is better than ours and even more informative.

Mmmmm nice as well, looks insane (awesome)
    ok omg I got home from work that site makes this one look ...well lacking....

umm guess I'll be going over to that site more often then here:)

u read chinese Bro?
    varrvarr wrote: »
    Yeah I could be wrong, but I have a hard time believing they will launch without a Drizzt wanna be option out there for the players, so I see the two weapon build being the more likely class they go with.

that cracked me up, but yeah oh so true, great marketing strat BTW
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Got to agree the website is plain awesome and compared to this site is miles ahead.
    D@mn Skippy it is Gill
    borak2 wrote: »
    I wonder why they have the whole map though. We now we can't go to waterdeep.
    I would say that we cant go there YET.... once updates kick in im sure regions will ba added they have everthing to work with.

Weird the cleric symbol is the one with the axe and sword.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    So much about their site is better than ours, it's a bad freakin joke Bitter. Oh, and that site you posted isn't anything special. here ya go.

Share "Neverwinter Nights OL 'official website, participate in microblogging interactive.

Share:
    QQ space
    Sina microblogging
    Tencent microblogging
    All networks
    Kaixin
    Douban
    Baidu Post Bar

There's more, but it's basically the same stuff

You went into the news articles for that? If so they have to write a lot to say those few words:)

Also did you go to the video section and look at the screenshots..oh and wallpapers.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Mmmmm nice as well, looks insane (awesome)

u read chinese Bro?

Nope however given that the classes and races are listed and in english its definitely going to be a place to go since our site doesn't seem to warrant even that ..
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    eldryth1 wrote: »
    So, wait, are all of the places on the map supposed to appear in game, or is that just showing the region around Neverwinter? Looking at it, the first seems to fit better, but then we'd be jumping from having just Neverwinter and it's outskirts to suddenly having Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, Amn, and a whole lot more! That looks awesome, but it sounds like a lot more than we were supposed to be getting.

On another note, does anyone else really dislike the class names? I like Wizards, Fighters, Rogues, and Clerics, but having that extra word crammed in for each one sounds forced and awkward to me.

Please read my post #18 again. It says it's for background choices in character creation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    yep thats alot nicer....i recomend that this site steals it:) (but rem to put into english:))

I hope more that 4 classes at start, though we have had mention aswell as the 4 revealed, the unrealses one looks ranger?, great weapon fighter (that can use sycthes), another type of rog, which is least another 3. i would assume some other version of the 4 basic will come, though when is the question?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Please read my post #18 again. It says it's for background choices in character creation.
    Do you know anything else about that mechanic? Is it mostly flavor or will there be perks to go along with that? I am not complaining either way mind you :D
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice site. Mainly diggning the music (I know I've heard it a few times before, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the track). (Though this or this would be more appropriate thematically :p)

As to why things are like that... well, PWE wants a minimalistic style on their websites, while Wanmei prefer eye candy. Our site has way more actual stuff than the Chinese - the only really new thing I've seen there is the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    As to why things are like that... well, PWE wants a minimalistic style on their websites, while Wanmei prefer eye candy. Our site has way more actual stuff than the Chinese - the only really new thing I've seen there is the map.

Well, I do like the fact that this site doesn't have to load java on a webpage - my computer and java are not exactly friendly. My laptop always starts to rage at 90%+ CPU usage everytime it sees java and becomes hot with rage.

However, their vampires are sparkly, while ours are messy and boring. Though this one page is still better than theirs. Now if they can have such art in other pages too, we can be good without java.
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, still to early to say it'll be this way, but the only mage class is control wizard? That is so much less than I had hoped for... :(
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Their website looks pretty damn nice and makes ours looks pathetic. Not to mention they have the Devote Cleric in their class section and the halfling in the races. So the Devote Cleric is in then? Also the class section has one class icon not clickable so an unannounced class? So one more class will be featured, *sniff sniff* Hellloooo Ranger maybe.
  • Options
    alfrunaalfruna Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will be honest, if I wasn't opening the site specifically to compare it to the one we have, I never would have made it past the intro. I had flash intros and sites that take an eternity to load (and on the system I have here at work, nothing should load that slow).

That being said, it's nice to see the devoted cleric (and I too hope for a ranger)!
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Great find. You are correct that the website there is gorgeous! Sure looks like halflings are in! That's great news by my book!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    Do you know anything else about that mechanic? Is it mostly flavor or will there be perks to go along with that? I am not complaining either way mind you :D

No idea, but so far, it's a choose your background from several options per city. Now you know as much as I do about the "purpose" of backgrounds. They do seem very cool though!
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Well, I do like the fact that this site doesn't have to load java on a webpage - my computer and java are not exactly friendly. My laptop always starts to rage at 90%+ CPU usage everytime it sees java and becomes hot with rage.

However, their vampires are sparkly, while ours are messy and boring. Though this one page is still better than theirs. Now if they can have such art in other pages too, we can be good without java.

I get the dreaded 404 destination...and barely survived the lich this time!
    Their website looks pretty damn nice and makes ours looks pathetic. Not to mention they have the Devote Cleric in their class section and the halfling in the races. So the Devote Cleric is in then? Also the class section has one class icon not clickable so an unannounced class? So one more class will be featured, *sniff sniff* Hellloooo Ranger maybe.

Yep, looks like we know which cleric they are working on now! Alas, since it's an icon (and I don't read Han,) I can't get that "coming soon" icon to translate either. I'm betting it's likely ranger but who knows if and when this will be shown if ever?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yep, looks like we know which cleric they are working on now! Alas, since it's an icon (and I don't read Han,) I can't get that "coming soon" icon to translate either. I'm betting it's likely ranger but who knows if and when this will be shown if ever?

I don't know how linguists do it. Do you know HOW many words there are in the chinese language? They have words and letters that don't exist in English. I've spent like 2 hours trying to find matches to ANY of those three symbols on that hidden class, and can't find a thing. It doesn't say coming soon though, I know that much. Probably some variation that we don't have a translation for.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I don't know how linguists do it. Do you know HOW many words there are in the chinese language? They have words and letters that don't exist in English. I've spent like 2 hours trying to find matches to ANY of those three symbols on that hidden class, and can't find a thing. It doesn't say coming soon though, I know that much. Probably some variation that we don't have a translation for.

Exactly, and the language also derives meaning from "sounds like" characters, so rhyming counts too.

And after thinking about it, I wonder if it's ranger since we normally hear hints like we did about the cleric...but then agan, we've heard NOTHING about another class, so open your core PH in 4E and just start picking one for what's next...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Exactly, and the language also derives meaning from "sounds like" characters, so rhyming counts too.

And after thinking about it, I wonder if it's ranger since we normally hear hints like we did about the cleric...but then agan, we've heard NOTHING about another class, so open your core PH in 4E and just start picking one for what's next...

I actually started doing this but, like you said, they account for things like rhyming too. So you have to put in EXACTLY the right phrase to get the correct Chinese match. If it would let me screen shot the freakin' page, I could cut it out and work from there. Alas, my computer's being difficult. So best of luck to anyone else who can get this. Could also be that they're just keeping it open for other classes, like ME2 did for DLC, but they're giving us a little hint as to what it could be as well. Either way, I doubt it makes to beta or release.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I actually started doing this but, like you said, they account for things like rhyming too. So you have to put in EXACTLY the right phrase to get the correct Chinese match. If it would let me screen shot the freakin' page, I could cut it out and work from there. Alas, my computer's being difficult. So best of luck to anyone else who can get this. Could also be that they're just keeping it open for other classes, like ME2 did for DLC, but they're giving us a little hint as to what it could be as well. Either way, I doubt it makes to beta or release.

Unless Cryptic decides to reply here, your guess is as good as anybody's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unless Cryptic decides to reply here, your guess is as good as anybody's.
    My guess is
    great weapon fighter,
    tempest ranger,
    either one warlock or one sorcerer
    Brawny rogue
    druid
    barbarian
    There is a reason for every choice, but let see if they all make it.

On races, probably Goliath and Eladrin as extra, but more chances are no new race would be announced.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Well, from the 4e PHB Deluxe, the classes (not builds) that are missing from the China site are Paladin, Ranger, Warlock and Warlord. So far, we're seeing one build from each class (Fighter, Rogue, Wizard, and Cleric), so I would imagine that this continues until all the classes are represented. After which, I then expect to see (probably after launch) multiple builds per class. Of course, things don't always happen as I imagine or expect them to.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    It's really simply as to why the China site is quite different. PWE (here) is the North American Subsidary of PW China (that site). It is only logical that the parent company's site would be better (which is a relative term and opinion) for it is them who would be promoting the game to their major shareholders and investors. As well, their site is most likely due to marketing and budget decisions on part of what they feel will reach their target audience in their home turf (China).

Moderator Notice:
    Let's not get into discriminatory remarks. Several Posts have been Cleansed with Silverfire from this thread.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hahahaha! Anyhow, I hope they port the Chinese site over to ours soon enough. I mean, can you imagine how many people will join with a site like that they can read?

And to Zeb, I didn't mean to, apologies for that. I was speaking as one American to another (assumed) American. Not insulting other countries. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    But if there ever was a time that people would say "You'll be speaking Chinese soon because of them" this would come close :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    But if there ever was a time that people would say "You'll be speaking Chinese soon because of them" this would come close :)

Touche sir. If I were a bit younger and I had the money, I'd be willing to learn Chinese to get into some of my favorite games a few months early. Do you know HOW hard it was to play Tera on Korean servers? NOTHING is in English, drives you insane after a while.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Touche sir. If I were a bit younger and I had the money, I'd be willing to learn Chinese to get into some of my favorite games a few months early. Do you know HOW hard it was to play Tera on Korean servers? NOTHING is in English, drives you insane after a while.

I'm perfectly fine after playing that game, isn't that right my invisible purple dodo Mr Dodohead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]