Options

MMO Culture article Perfect World Preparing its first 2 foreign games in China

13»

Comments

• Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »

Haha, I noticed that too, but they're Chinese, they have plenty of misspelled words in their translations. The fact that they did so well should be applauded imo. :-D
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Haha, I noticed that too, but they're Chinese, they have plenty of misspelled words in their translations. The fact that they did so well should be applauded imo. :-D
    This reminds of a story I read somewhere. It was about a person attending a seminar. A chinese guy was sitting right beside him, and to start the conversation he said, "likeee coffeeee?"
    The chinese guy didn't say anything but went on to give the speech in the seminar as guest speaker in perfect english and came back to his seat. He then asked that guy, "likeee speecheee?"
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think their site proves we need a better site, we need more information. This forum would be hopping if we even had half the eye-candy that site had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No idea, but so far, it's a choose your background from several options per city. Now you know as much as I do about the "purpose" of backgrounds. They do seem very cool though!

So I decided to pull out my Forgotten Realms Player's guide to look at backgrounds. Since I don't read Chinese I can't even begin to suggest that these match up, but just to throw things out there.

Amn - Add Streetwise and Thievery to class skill list and +1 to these skill checks. I don't know if or how skill checks are handled in game, but I would think if they go by the PG, then this would be a background that benefits Rogues.

Baldur's Gate - Gain one additional Language, add Streetwise to skill list and +2 to Streetwise checks. Not sure how this would translate in game, but possible good for Rogues and maybe Rangers?

Cormyr - Add Insight to skill list +2 to insight checks and a +2 to saving throws against Fear effects. So maybe good for Fighters or Clerics?

Cormyr Wheloon prison option - Add Thievery to skill list gain +2 to Thievery checks and +2 to saving throws against charm effects. If in game I could see this background good for Rogues.

Dalelands - Reroll nature checks, gain +1 to initiative checks. So this could become a good background for Rangers.

Dragon Coast - Reroll insight checks, and gain one additional language. Could be good for a variety of classes.

Grayvale - Gain one additional Language, add Nature to class skill list and +2 to nature checks, could be a good Ranger background.

Luruar - Can reroll a history skill check and gain one additioal language of your choice. Probably something different in game, but it might favor a Wizard or Cleric?

Luskan - Stealth and Thievery to class skill list, with a +1 to Stealth and Thievery checks. I don't know if or how skill checks are handled in game, but I would think if they go by the PG, then this would be a background that benefits Rogues.

Moonshae Isles - Gain Elven as known language, +2 saving throws against Charm and fear effects. Good for Wizards and some others possibilities.

Myth Drannor - One per encounter you can reroll a saving throw against charm effects. Good for a variety of classes.

Netheril - Add Arcana and History to class skill list and +1 skill check to both. Good for Wizards.

Neverwinter - No background in FR PG, but maybe in the Neverwinter book, I'll look later.

Waterdeep - Gain one additional language of choice, add Diplomacy to class skill list +2 to Diplomacy checks. Good for a variety of classes.

Now my "good for" suggestions are simply ideas to keep the flavor of these backgrounds, I could be way, way off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]