test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic/PWE about Neverwinter

Comments

• valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Anyone who read this post previously, ignore it. The problem seems to have fixed itself.
  • heardistheardist Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My questions are:

1. Can we multi class?
    2. Will there be prestige classes? eg: Red Dragon Disciple, Weaponsmaster etc?
    3. Will there be player housing? (God I hope so)
    4: Will crafting be an important aspect in the game?

Thanks.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    1. Can we multi class? - I dont know if u are familiar with 4th edition rules for multiclass but they are a bit diferent from 3 or 3.5th... Still, we dont have any information about multiclass yet.

2. Will there be prestige classes? eg: Red Dragon Disciple, Weaponsmaster etc? Again, this is 4th edition rules based game, so insted of prestige class we will have paragon paths.

3. Will there be player housing? (God I hope so)No info about it yet

4: Will crafting be an important aspect in the game?No info about craft aswell yet :/
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    heardist wrote: »
    My questions are:

4: Will crafting be an important aspect in the game?

dev say it will be and "there are some exciting features" in it, if you want to take their word for it.

character progression has not been discussed yet.

player housing using foundry is in wishlist of devs. About it as a seperate feature - we don't know.
  • heardistheardist Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank to both of you for your replies.
    I am not familiar with the 4th edition rules. Are there any PC games out there that uses it.
    I have only played NWN and NWN2.
    Thanks.
    edited October 2012
    heardist wrote: »
    Thank to both of you for your replies.
    I am not familiar with the 4th edition rules. Are there any PC games out there that uses it.
    I have only played NWN and NWN2.
    Thanks.
    There is, but do not play. I jokingly told someone the name of that game on these forums before posting the advice 2 mins later after another post not to play. Hence this time I will warn before I name it.
    The name of the game is daggerdale. Do not play. period.
    This review basically sums up Daggerdale. It seems harsh, but sadly it is not.

Finally, D&D:Daggerdale is based on 4e, but do not play it. Now don't say I didn't warn ya :D

There was some social network game Heroes of neverwinter, it is 4e (though it is not my type).
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Foundry question

Okay so henchmen, hired npcs will be a part of soloing pc's parties; this has been discussed, but what about non grouped npc , can they be set to attack other non grouped npcs?

Say I want to create the scene in "Dancing with Devils..." Where after 30 seconds a group of hill giants crash into the clearing and start attacking everything in sight that is not a giant in a certain set radius, Pc or non party npc alike.

Wonder if this is possible?
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • cimeascimeas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Will the main campaign have voice acting?
  • adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    There is, but do not play. I jokingly told someone the name of that game on these forums before posting the advice 2 mins later after another post not to play. Hence this time I will warn before I name it.
    The name of the game is daggerdale. Do not play. period.
    This review basically sums up Daggerdale. It seems harsh, but sadly it is not.

Finally, D&D:Daggerdale is based on 4e, but do not play it. Now don't say I didn't warn ya :D

There was some social network game Heroes of neverwinter, it is 4e (though it is not my type).

And to think I almost bought that game on release day /shivers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    cimeas wrote: »
    Will the main campaign have voice acting?

According to Crypticmapolis the game is capable of voice acting but he's not sure just how much of the game will actually be voice acted.
    One key thing Cryptic has been trying to do is to keep the differences between their content and UGC minimal and any voice acting would be a major barrier since, at least for this moment, players will not be given the ability to add voice acting to their content.
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    According to Crypticmapolis the game is capable of voice acting but he's not sure just how much of the game will actually be voice acted.
    One key thing Cryptic has been trying to do is to keep the differences between their content and UGC minimal and any voice acting would be a major barrier since, at least for this moment, players will not be given the ability to add voice acting to their content.

Vocie acting? By players? Uhm... Well, that's risky by anyone attempting it. It could make or break any scenario/quest.

Another question: How will feedback to quest creators work?
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    alsaroth wrote: »
    Another question: How will feedback to quest creators work?

You can leave a reviews
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
    edited November 2012
    My question is:- ould you only be supporting greater gods or will I have ability to choose their exarch too?
  • presbytier7presbytier7 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My question would be in regards to class abilities. Do we have more variation in abilities than what has been shown in the two class videos(ie. . . Is the Wizard bound to only frost based attacks)?
    "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson
  • readymealreadymeal Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2012
    My question would be in regards to class abilities. Do we have more variation in abilities than what has been shown in the two class videos(ie. . . Is the Wizard bound to only frost based attacks)?
    this is truly an interesting question, i did not notice that wizard spells were water/ice based only...
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My biggest question is can we please get more info about PvP? We know that full Open World PvP is not supported. However my dream would be that this game could support Capture The Flag Battlegrounds like WOW or Unreal Tournament 2004 does.

I don't expect an answer soon, but sooner or later we should get some more info about PvP.
    edited November 2012

There are more abilities, but ice abilities are more controlish (i.e. they freeze or slow the target). We already know that there is a black hole kind of attack, magic missile and a few more attacks which are not ice based. However, for control wizard - ice would be the attribute of choice to freeze and slow enemies.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looking over this thread, I realized this asked for Stormshade and then sorta also parenthesized the rest of the Devs. It sort of suggested if Stormshade was busy, maybe the other devs (and only the devs ad not the rest of Crptic/PWE) would answer.

And what if this was a Marketing question or a pricing question or some other part of the company that could answer?

Therefore, I've decided to rename this thread "Ask Cryptic/PWE About Neverwinter." I'll clear this on the OP and add on this is also for all questions to said staff and not just StormShade or the Devs, but do keep it Neverwinter game-related, thanks.

As to whether this should be stickied or not, we'll let the user and company responses decide that. If it generates enough interrest from both sides, we'll be glad to do so!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Hello!

I have a question for concept artist and map designer.

Is the map of Neverwinter a copy of the map in 4e or you have shuffled things here and there according to your (and players) convenience? I ask because I saw the 4e pnp map in the foundry. However in the walkthrough video, it didn't feel right according to map.
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Will we be able to reset out character skills and feats ? I would hate to do a new character every new patch.......
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, 99% positive they got respec. If it's free or not that's the "cosmetic" question?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, 99% positive they got respec. If it's free or not that's the "cosmetic" question?

Quoted for truth.

:Dpun intended
  • damionasdamionas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Two questions

Question 1 is nw.wanmei.com all ready playing the game or are the website designers just keeping up with making sure the info is available to people if the first is true I was under the impression that this title was going to be given to the western area first

question 2 and not sure if this has been asked of the races and classes that will not make launch how long after release are you all expecting before we start seeing additional races or classes more to the point the classes

Question 3 and this will be the last one i ask and not sure if it has been asked but how would you rate the difficulties of the classes that will be in at launch are they going to be easy enough that say a 13 year old could pick the game up or is it a game that you throw at a full on fps gamer

and when are we going to see a video of the devoted cleric healing and damaging sides :o :cool:
    15.jpg
    edited January 2013
    damionas wrote: »
    Will release after the release here. They need to market more as not many in China know about D&D, so they are spending more money.
    They will translate the english version and launch it there like korean games are launched here.

Devs say quite quickly as the new technology makes it easy to develop new races. So it is a question about will and not related to technicalities.

no idea to others
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll post this question here, as recommended by gillrmn in another thred.
    Will there be double axes, as shown here in the game?
  • gevringevrin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm curious about how these classes work..

Are these classes we've been shown solid options we can pick? Like are the Sword and Board Fighter and the Great Weapon Fighter existing as classes of their own, or are they sub options of a Fighter class?

Thing I really liked about Neverwinter Nights was the ability to make whatever the heck kind of Fighter I wanted. I'd focus on greatsword for example, and get all the training for it, but I'd also have a shield and sword (or axe or whatever) in case I needed to use those for surviving certain fights. Or picking out my own ability combinations on my Wizard or Sorcerer or Druid.

... Really, I should ask, how much customization are we allowed with our class types?
  • meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    1. How will Death work? I'm hoping for a ten to fifteen minute ban every time I die (after a certain level). It would force people to take breaks, and it would also not be so stiff a penalty to be ragequit material or discouraging.
    2. I am hearing about different class builds. Great Weapon Fighter vs. Guardian Fighter for instance. Can we change our builds in-game or even build our own build? Or if I want to switch from a Brawny Rogue to a Trickster Rogue do I have to create a whole new character (hope not!)?
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • delirium81delirium81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was just wondering a couple different things and I didn't see anything on them yet.

1. Are they going to add any of the ritual system from 4th edition?
    2. Is there going to be any crafting at all in the game?
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    gevrin wrote: »
    ... Really, I should ask, how much customization are we allowed with our class types?

Well we don't know everything about this, but we do know that players will be able to assign stat points and pick feats. We also know that several skills are implemented so I think it's safe to assume we distribute our own skill points as well.
    meldroth wrote: »
    1. How will Death work? I'm hoping for a ten to fifteen minute ban every time I die (after a certain level).

That sounds really, really bad.
    We know that there are resurrection scrolls, but that's about it.
    delirium81 wrote: »
    I was just wondering a couple different things and I didn't see anything on them yet.

There will be crafting, and there is an ingredients collection system that works off of skills (like knowledge: arcana)
    edited January 2013
    delirium81 wrote: »

1. Are they going to add any of the ritual system from 4th edition?

1. No info. Question asked, we were told no comments yet.
    2. There is crafting and devs say its cool - but they won't talk about it yet.
This discussion has been closed.