test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community Voice-Chat Invite

13»

Comments

• Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    futurefoil wrote: »
    I might venture a try, but after using Ventrilo once for a shooter game, I shy away from anything not as simple as Skype. My days of figuring out new software are gone. Was getting overloaded. Now if the application you mentioned was guaranteed user friendly, I might give it a shot next week. Maybe posting a link to download and some user friendly setup instructions will help your population grow.

Hah yeah I totally understand where you're coming from with that, I had the same worries going into it but it's as simple as this..

1: download ->http://www.raidcall.com/v7/download-raidcall.html
    2: register for account
    3: join the group ID I listed
    4: have fun talking/typing

:)
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content that is in violation of the PWE Community Rules and Policies.
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    kittymofokittymofo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think for some people seeing the word "community" makes them less willing to join the chat. Since they're communicating already on these forums they figure why bother. Also the sign up can be annoying to some. I know I found it annoying but hey it's just something to do and meet other people. I'm not even sure if I'll be able run RaidCall when Neverwinter comes out. It's eating up more memory than my Vent client. I can't play PWI with it.

Having another voice chat progam isn't the end of the world. If I don't stay with aeternys's group, I'm pretty sure any other guild I join will have or want me to join their voice chat. So I don't see what the big deal is.

Btw bear smileys rule!! b:victory
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kittymofo wrote: »
    I think for some people seeing the word "community" makes them less willing to join the chat. Since they're communicating already on these forums they figure why bother. Also the sign up can be annoying to some. I know I found it annoying but hey it's just something to do and meet other people. I'm not even sure if I'll be able run RaidCall when Neverwinter comes out. It's eating up more memory than my Vent client. I can't play PWI with it.

Having another voice chat progam isn't the end of the world. If I don't stay with aeternys's group, I'm pretty sure any other guild I join will have or want me to join their voice chat. So I don't see what the big deal is.

Btw bear smileys rule!! b:victory

Can somebody compare memory "use" for Vent, Teamspeak and RaidCall? Seems a side by side of usage would be a good idea.

Oh, and you don't want me to "notice" your bear :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blakeyesrblakeyesr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Very good idea, I hope not to offend anyone (but can form groups or speaking division) I speak Spanish would be good to build one or as most say.
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Memory Usage

Teamspeak - 18,244K
    Ventrilo - 5,408K
    Raidcall - 4,732K
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content that is in violation of the PWE Community Rules and Policies.
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That one time spam burying time overlooked, bumping a thread is against PWE policy and can result in infractions, even temp to perm banning. If you need to bring back or necro a thread that's OK sometimes. But don't daily bump your thread unless you have something new to say and not just "join me today".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jankowskijankowski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited October 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content that is a reply to a violation of the PWE Community Rules and Policies.
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Cleaning this thread of replies to violations of the PWE Community Rules and Policies, lets get back to topic. Thanks! (the rest of this post is left as is)
    ~Zebular

But I do have to note this here why we can't bump threads in general:
    from
    PWE Community Rules and Policies 02-29-2012 until 02-05-2106
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=686

Spamming

You may not create posts which contain:
    • Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.
    • Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
    • Bumping threads.
    • Creation of First! posts.
    • Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.
    • Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, contain links to threads from other forums in the PWE network may be subject to an infraction. (Cross Linking)
    • Advertisements that have not been authorized by PWE.
    • Posting to an old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more.
    • Creating Duplicate Threads (A Duplicate Thread is defined as a thread which discusses the same topic as another thread, which has had a new post within the last 30 days.)
    • As this is an English-speaking community, all postings must be in English, so that they can be well received and properly monitored. Posting in other languages is not allowed, except in Forums designated specifically as non-English forums.

We're not saying it's an auto-ban or anything. But it is against the policies and the concept of the forum choosing what is supported by its members by the frequency of its members responding to it. "Forcing" people to notice it by daily "refreshing" when there may or may not be additional people interested or not is not done. Occasionally refreshing may be tolerated (or not) depending on the "spirit" of the rules "enforcement," but doing it every day is a definite no-no.

What if everybody felt strongly about their thread and other people's stuff was lost on page 3 or 4 or further back, lost to people who only check "current" stuff now listing "wanna go to my sites" every day?

Whether it's right or wrong, the support of the forum has to be decided by all users, not just the thread parents. If something isn't supported, let it pass, and bring it up again later...with sufficient time to see if there is interest, like a week or even weeks (or even more) if need be.

Sometimes it may not be a pass/fail, but a manner of timing. Maybe people don't like chatting unless they are playing games. As for me, guilty. Maybe it would be done once people feel (right or wrong) there is more to talk about.

Look, nobody wants you to fail or be "policed" around. But it is our responsibility to follow and uphold the policies fairly for all community members.

Of course, if those who Administer and own the boards want to decree something specific, that is their right and we who volunteer our time to guide the entire community will be glad to follow that.

But unless such a rarity happens, we have to make suggestions then decisions on how these postings and threads need to be balanced for the entire community.

And I personally apologize if in any way you feel "singled out" for this. The question was publicly asked, and this response would have happened no matter who asked. I promise you that.

If you have further questions on this, I or others would be glad to clarify anything we can publicly or privately or both as you see fit with me and/or with any of our moderators/staff.

Thanks for sticking through this. We're all learning the ropes here and thanks for your patience with us as I hope we can show with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Cleaning this thread of replies to violations of the PWE Community Rules and Policies, lets get back to topic. Thanks!
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    jankowskijankowski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited October 2012
    Cleaning this thread of replies to violations of the PWE Community Rules and Policies, lets get back to topic. Thanks!
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I cleansed this thread. Please, do not respond to this or rule violations as such rarely helps but only instigates, intentionally or not.

Now lets get back to topic with no more advertisement bumping.

Thanks!
    ~Zebular
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Zebular.

I'd like to point out to the rest of the community how incredibly RUDE it is to derail a thread that's based around an offer to let anybody join in on a free voice/text chat meant to bring the community together in a different way. I'd appreciate that not happening again.

In any case for the people who don't wanna go back through to see the group ID and such...

Program is Raidcall
    Download link -> http://www.raidcall.com/v7/download-raidcall.html
    You need to register an account and log in but after that just search our group ID
    ID - 4624242
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Memory Usage

Teamspeak - 18,244K
    Ventrilo - 5,408K
    Raidcall - 4,732K

I don't know why it's eating more resources than the others. Maybe I need to mess some settings?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No idea. This isn't my wheelhouse program, tech tinkering that is. If somebody figures it out, do explain it. And since I made a reply earlier, I wasn't the one who did it, but do keep it civil and on topic or we can edit posts as done earlier
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't know why it's eating more resources than the others. Maybe I need to mess some settings?

Hey Kitty what is it running at for you? What version of Windows do you have?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    So what I figured out so far was that Raidcall's default priority level is set to high. So I changed that to normal and now it's using less resources than my vent client. If anyone new to the group or Raidcall has a similar problem try that as a fix. Btw my OS is Windows 7. b:victory
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I think I need to make a new account for Neverwinter. A grown man being called kitty does not strike fear in the hearts of elves. b:chuckle
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    lol i can just change your group name if you want man
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well since no one likes the bears smileys here's an alternative: http://elcomber.deviantart.com/art/My-LIttle-Pony-awesome-smileys-199958952

They even have wizard smileys! b:chuckle
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well since no one likes the bears smileys here's an alternative: http://elcomber.deviantart.com/art/My-LIttle-Pony-awesome-smileys-199958952

They even have wizard smileys! b:chuckle

Nope, no pretty pink ponies :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]