test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community Voice-Chat Invite

aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys and gals, Aeternys here with an invite in hand for the rest of you!

To put it simply I'd like to invite everybody to our Raidcall server just to talk, hang, RP or whatever you feel like doing in these blank days leading up to the eventual Neverwinter beta.

Raidcall is FREE. The group ID is 4624242.

The only rule is to not be a total jerk, but otherwise you're totally welcome and I personally really hope to see some of you jump in and say hi sometime. This isn't me trying to pull people from the site or anything either just to make that clear, but it'd be really nice to get the community together on a different level and I think this could be nice.
Post edited by aeternys123 on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No disrespect, but why should I download something when other more supported options are out there (Ventrilo and Teamspeak for instance come to mind? Other gaming guilds I use use Teamspeak for example.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    It's a valid question. I use raidcall because it's high quality and 100% free including server hosting. Plus I believe we have 1000 slots or something ridiculous on top of that...

I used to use ventrilo and teamspeak but honestly, compared to those it's much much better overall, then again it's personal preference and just to emphasize again that you get a huge amount of slots for FREE and it's easy to manage.

What's the harm in a quick download to see what it's like anyway? You can always cast disintegrate on it later :)
  • Options
    jojinraiunjojinraiun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why does this feel like an Advertisement for RaidCall versus an invite to a social group?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    well it wasn't at 1st... =\

I really just wanted to have people jump in and be able to talk freely about D&D and Neverwinter and stuff
  • Options
    jankowskijankowski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited October 2012
    Why does it seem on some posts that the original poster should be wearing plate before they post.... lol
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the generous offer, I don't actually use voice chat, but I appreciate the intention. Someday I might buy a head set and give it a try, but the thought of that bad assed Dwarf having the voice of a 12 year old just ruins the moment for me. LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Thanks for the generous offer, I don't actually use voice chat, but I appreciate the intention. Someday I might buy a head set and give it a try, but the thought of that bad assed Dwarf having the voice of a 12 year old just ruins the moment for me. LOL

hahaah gotcha man, and no problem! Hey if you ever wanna jump in anyway there's a text chat built in as well so there's always that XD lol
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll look into if I want to do chat. Durn headphones got stepped on so may be bad....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the generous offer but I tend to be a shy person. Small groups of friends when playing other games I do frequently but that first "Hi...." moment unnerves the hell out of me.

Maybe I'll pop in after I build up some courage but right now I'm gonna act like the cowardly lion from The Wizard of Oz.
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the generous offer but I tend to be a shy person. Small groups of friends when playing other games I do frequently but that first "Hi...." moment unnerves the hell out of me.

Maybe I'll pop in after I build up some courage but right now I'm gonna act like the cowardly lion from The Wizard of Oz.

In the same boat:)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In the same boat:)

Hmmm imagine that; a bunch of us old D&D dorks are a little shy, and socially awkward. Never would have guessed. But yeah, that first step can be a dooozey.b:shocked
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    lol glad to see some responses. No worries if it's just not your thing or you're too shy or anything like that! Offer is always there :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sheesh. I'll log you my voice if you log me yours!

People afraid of talking without video and can instantly leave?

You can imagine me in my underwear if you get nervous...wait, that doesn't help. Never-mind that suggestion then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Hahahaha!

Well I wouldn't say I am socially awkward; I have issues with phones in general. In fact I only recently technically bought a cell phone and I only bought one because I felt like I wasn't buying a phone; I bought a computer with a built in phone service.
    E-Mails, Letters, Texting, Fax, IM's...I'm all in. Phones...blegh I am finally getting used to it because I have to deal with it at work but I despise phones with a passion. My family still gawks at how they couldn't pay me to get a cell phone and then I "decide to go all out and get that thing."

I have weird opinions of phones and voice chat but it's got little to do with social ineptitude.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I kid, I kid, :) I dislike phones too. I have a flip phone still, and use less than 10 minutes a month; and I don't own a home phone. I am such a Luddite. I can't stand to feel like I am at other peoples beck and call. One nice thing; I know my friends are really my friends...too hard contacting me to go out for someone who really didn't care.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    you guys could still just text chat XD

come on guys where are the high charisma scores?!?! lol
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    you guys could still just text chat XD

come on guys where are the high charisma scores?!?! lol

As we have discussed in the Races thread

Jade <---- Elf : Dex and apparently Wis driven not Drow: Cha and Dex driven....
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    As we have discussed in the Races thread

Jade <---- Elf : Dex and apparently Wis driven not Drow: Cha and Dex driven....

hah Jade <3 fair point
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, but I doubt we get to assign those attributes IRL. We need some high courage people to make th plunge, but I'm not going unless others want to go too.

Oh, and abhor cell phones, and can't afford a smart phone a month anyway, but have a non SP cell out of necessity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Heh I'll be happy to voice in game when with a group/raid group etc, so see you in the game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    jankowskijankowski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited October 2012
    Its cool guys I got this *rolls for Initiative* *20* *Success*

See you there Aeternys.
  • Options
    kittymofokittymofo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This seems kewl. I play PWI and my faction hardly uses their vent. I know several people in PWI who are interested in Neverwinter. I'll let them know about this after I check it out. Btw what version of raidcall do you use? The latest one? Also can I use it right away after install or do I need to register first?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    kittymofo wrote: »
    This seems kewl. I play PWI and my faction hardly uses their vent. I know several people in PWI who are interested in Neverwinter. I'll let them know about this after I check it out. Btw what version of raidcall do you use? The latest one? Also can I use it right away after install or do I need to register first?

Registration is needed if i remember correctly but that's really the only inconvenience. We're using the latest version and it's best on PC but works on Mac for those of you that applies to. I tend to be on MOST of each day of the week so there's pretty much always at least me around although there are other people that come on.

:)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't think it is supported for MAC anymore :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    jankowski wrote: »
    I don't think it is supported for MAC anymore :)

that's fine then, screw mac anyway lol
  • Options
    kittymofokittymofo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Woot I joined! Talking in there now. b:pleased
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    oh just as a heads up. If the name of the group isn't what you expect... you're probably joining the right one lol everybody is still invited anytime!!! XD
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi again everybody, just extending the invite again today as I'll most likely be doing every day or two.

Would love to converse with some more people weather it be through text or voice chat! Hope to see you :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the offer. I am not fond of voice chatting though outside of groups, guilds and real life friends. Besides, I hear enough "game chat" with my Cousin staying with us... he's real big into League of Legends and WoW PvP. He's extremely loud and constantly talks too and I hate to say it... but it is loud and constantly yapping folks like him that have turned me off from enjoying public voice chats. I still love ya Cuz, you loud one you. Just the next time we cannot hear TV because of your voice chat, the router is getting unplugged with or without notice.

Good luck with your voice chat server though! I do know from personal and professional experience that there are a great deal of people who enjoy voice chatting as part of their Community experience.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer. I am not fond of voice chatting though outside of groups, guilds and real life friends. Besides, I hear enough "game chat" with my Cousin staying with us... he's real big into League of Legends and WoW PvP. He's extremely loud and constantly talks too and I hate to say it... but it is loud and constantly yapping folks like him that have turned me off from enjoying public voice chats. I still love ya Cuz, you loud one you. Just the next time we cannot hear TV because of your voice chat, the router is getting unplugged with or without notice.

Good luck with your voice chat server though! I do know from personal and professional experience that there are a great deal of people who enjoy voice chatting as part of their Community experience.

sorry to hear so many people aren't really into the whole chat thing... especially for a dungeons and dragons focused group of people =\

I'm gonna keep pointing out that anybody can always join and mute the sound and just use text chat if they'd prefer that.. honestly it's just so much nicer to have a place for instant communication as well as having a community fallback in case the site goes down or anything as well.

In any case, thanks for all the appreciation of the option and again, it'll be here up until and into neverwinter if anybody wants to come in to voice OR text chat with others! thanks again guys