What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make NW subscription or p2p because we don't like being discriminated

Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just remember Stargate Worlds and Tabula Rasa...

The way Cryptic Studios and PWE make their money is no concern to genre fan or the mmorpg fan. In this day and and age of gaming with all the money it takes just to get the game released...

The concerns are not how they make their money... but more so about when and if a game will ever see the light of day.

If you cannot tell I am still pissed that Stargate Worlds died off before it could ever be released b:angry

Oh yeah the bears are cool I likes them. My kids love them more though LOL.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The way Cryptic Studios and PWE make their money is no concern to genre fan or the mmorpg fan. In this day and and age of gaming with all the money it takes just to get the game released...

The concerns are not how they make their money... but more so about when and if a game will ever see the light of day.

If you cannot tell I am still pissed that Stargate Worlds died off before it could ever be released b:angry

Seconded on SGW.

Wait, does that officially make me the new Daniel here? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    Stormshade getting angry because the children were complaining about bears? Yeah, I can get behind that. Not that I'm truly a fan of the bears, mind you. b:chuckle But there were quite important stuff to worry about.

Yep, bears suck, bears are ugly, bears are for kids who like anime and manga. Real people who play real mmos with western fantasy setting would much prefer CATS.

So please get rid of those disgusting bears and bring us some CATS.
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zoooper wrote: »
    Yep, bears suck, bears are ugly, bears are for kids who like anime and manga. Real people who play real mmos with western fantasy setting would much prefer CATS.

So please get rid of those disgusting bears and bring us some CATS.

Yay for CATS!!!

However, thou shalt not ever say that anime is for kids.
    Even when obviously joking.
    Unless you want me to practice zin-carla on your corpse.
    No, seriously b:angry

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Yeah I'm still scratching my head over the SGW fiasco, Cryptic really won some cosmic lottery when PWE acquired them, as a MMO company they generated if I'm not mistaken over 276 Billion dollars over the last three years compared to Activision Blizzards paltry 11.6 Billion, so their parent company is sitting on this Scrooge Mcduck bank vault and Cryptic for the first time in its existence has the funding it deserves...what other MMO would we be playing right now if they had that kind of patronage?

I was even more flabbergasted at the cries of doom and the sky is falling from the community when the purchase happened you would have thought EA had just purchased Cryptic...but most folks seem to understand now it's a good thing... animated bears not withstanding.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    zoooperzoooper Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2012
    they generated if I'm not mistaken over 276 Billion dollars over the last three years compared to Activision Blizzards paltry 11.6 Billion
    Proof ? You meant 276 million? Even 276 million sounds too much for PWI, FW, Jade Dinasty and Rusty Hearts.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Although PW is growing very nicely, blizzard is still quite ahead. I think it should be about 150m per year or so compared to blizzard's 11b. However, blizzard has been going down which is a major concern for them. They do have good franchises like ******** and starcraft, so they are not going to decline anyway soon.

PW is unique because it has shown a new model of revenue generation by its f2p games in western market. PW plays with very big numbers compared to blizzard however.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I'm still scratching my head over the SGW fiasco, Cryptic really won some cosmic lottery when PWE acquired them, as a MMO company they generated if I'm not mistaken over 276 Billion dollars over the last three years compared to Activision Blizzards paltry 11.6 Billion, so their parent company is sitting on this Scrooge Mcduck bank vault and Cryptic for the first time in its existence has the funding it deserves...what other MMO would we be playing right now if they had that kind of patronage?

I was even more flabbergasted at the cries of doom and the sky is falling from the community when the purchase happened you would have thought EA had just purchased Cryptic...but most folks seem to understand now it's a good thing... animated bears not withstanding.

Where did you get these numbers? Unless you believe the Eskimos and the Antarcticans are doing far more gaming than we are in the States and China, I'm a bit perplexed.

Lets talk facts.

August 27 More on Perfect World's Q2: No explanation is given for the weak results, which follow soft guidance in May. COO Robert Hong Xiao has been appointed co-CEO; he'll hold the title alongside current chairman/CEO Michael Chi. Perfect World expects Q3 revenue of ($100.9M-$106.1M), below a consensus of $120M. Average concurrent users for Chinese games fell by 65K Q/Q to 739K, something Perfect World blames on "anti-cheating efforts." PWRD -8.7% AH.

Tuesday, May 29 More on Perfect World's Q1: The company effectively blames its FQ1 miss on a lull ahead of 2H game launches, along with lower promotional activity. It looks as if this lull has worsened in Q2: Perfect World is guiding for Q2 revenue of $101.9M-$107.6M, well below a consensus of $123.3M

http://seekingalpha.com/article/680131-perfect-world-is-about-to-see-robust-growth

In its second quarter 2012 earnings call today, Activision Blizzard reported that sales of Diablo III and Skylanders: Spyro?s Adventure put revenue even higher than the company was expecting. Diablo III in particular has been purchased more than 10 million times, while Skylanders sales continue to soar. CEO Bobby Kotick noted that, including toys, Skylanders was the best-selling game of the first half of 2012 and its toys have also outsold the best-selling action figure line in the United States and Europe. ?Our performance was driven by strong audience demand for our great games,? Kotick said.

Activision Blizzard earned $1.05 billion overall, with $343 million (32%) coming from digital channels.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/03/diablo-iii-skylanders-push-activision-earnings-past-expectations

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    zoooper wrote: »
    Proof ? You meant 276 million? Even 276 million sounds too much for PWI, FW, Jade Dinasty and Rusty Hearts.

My mistake I was looking at Ycharts and misread the column it actually looks like over a Hundred million last year and Blizzard is around 150 mil.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yet another drama filled rant

Calm down Ogre King I said I was mistaken no need to go off the deep end.
    /eyeroll
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    man everybody gets so testy around here lol
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    man everybody gets so testy around here lol

Yeah it's the typical drama from the no drama guild master..the ignore button can't be implemented too soon for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Calm down Ogre King I said I was mistaken no need to go off the deep end.
    /eyeroll

Oh, I'm totally at ease. Just confused (albiet I am amused as well) how an industry insider such as yourself who makes it known that he "advises" Turbine professionally could "misread" or misunderstand income statements that reads

4.407 Billion Activision/Blizzard vs. 444 million PWI.

Sorry man, when I'm just not smellin, what the Rock... is cooking.

Here's your sources:

PWI http://ycharts.com/companies/PWRD
    Activision/Blizard http://ycharts.com/companies/ATVI

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh, I'm totally at ease. Just confused (albiet I am amused as well) how an industry insider such as yourself who makes it known that he "advises" Turbine professionally could "misread" or misunderstand income statements that reads

4.407 Billion Activision/Blizzard vs. 444 million PWI.

Sorry man, when I'm just not smellin, what the Rock... is cooking.

Here's your sources:

PWI http://ycharts.com/companies/PWRD
    Activision/Blizard http://ycharts.com/companies/ATVI

Wow that's some serious loathing you got there, way to represent.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yeah it's the typical drama from the no drama guild master..the ignore button can't be implemented too soon for me.

Oh it's all outa love bro... don't fret b:pleased

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh it's all outa love bro... don't fret b:pleased

I'm not your bro Aandre, a lot of people are getting very tired of your attitude on these forums, you need to dial it back.... or not... but I think there maybe consequences if not.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'm not your bro Aandre, a lot of propel are getting very tired of your attitude on these forums, you need to dial it back or not but I think there maybe consequences if not.

No need to give yourself a heart attack over it. You made a mistake, we all do.

It's just if you are going to give specific details that are incorrect, you have to expect someone is going to call you on them.

I'm sorry that it just seems we are constantly at odds for whatever reason. Maybe we both should just ignore each other from here on out.

• Options
    edited October 2012

I'm sorry that it just seems we are constantly at odds, for whatever reason. Maybe we both should just ignore each other from here on out.

I have been trying to do that but you always seem to jump in...as for my life credentials even people with industry experience are fallible and honestly you seem more "concerned" with that than anyone else and also if I were you I wouldn't start pointing fingers about people waving around credentials.

You seem to be the only person here that has a problem with me, I regularly communicate on this forum with folks who are part of your guild with no issue... on the other hand you manage to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off not only forum users but Cryptic employees as well....maybe you should consider that going forward.

But lets just try to stay out of each others way...I think the community would benefit from that.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I have been trying to do that but you always seem to jump in...as for my life credentials even people with industry experience are fallible and honestly you seem more "concerned" with that than anyone else and also if I were you I wouldn't start pointing fingers about people waving around credentials.

You seem to be the only person here that has a problem with me, on the other hand you manage to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off not only forum users but Cryptic employees as well....maybe you should consider that going forward.

but lets just try top stay out of each others way...I think the community would benefit from that.

Yes, people can "jump in", its a forum.

Forgetting your constant barbs pointed at myself and my guild, trying so hard to stir drama out of the mod elections when no one else was, and consistently getting bent out of shape when anyone calls you on your inaccuracies, is not an honest assessment.

I have no problem with you personally, just with some of the things you say. But yes, if we both completely ignore each other moving forward I agree the majority of the community would benefit.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Yes, people can "jump in", its a forum.

Forgetting your constant barbs pointed at myself and my guild, trying so hard to stir drama out of the mod elections when no one else was, and consistently getting bent out of shape when anyone calls you on your inaccuracies, is not an honest assessment.

But yes, if we both completely ignore each other moving forward I agree the entire community would benefit.

I never said they couldn't, it's how they do it that matters.

You need to let go..I haven't said anything negative about your guild members in ages gillrmn and I are downright friendly with each other and aside from responding to or answering a question from the few that post here I really don't even see many others.

As for my so called Barbs against you, you should really look at how you act towards people objectively you did once and actually apologized to me in a PM over it so you know you have an issue.

The mod incident had several people asking what the hell, you can pin it all on me if you like, it just isn't so. And the only time I get bent out of shape is when someone one is snarky about disagreeing with me, sorry I don't like that never have.

I really don't care that you have these grudges against me Aandre, if it wasn't me it would be someone else, you just seem like that kind of guy, but yeah waiting on the ignore button and will not be responding directly to you again.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well there two people at least in these forums I'm looking forward to roast over an open fire.. er I mean sit with me before an open fire....and chill with....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Well there two people at least in these forums I'm looking forward to roast over an open fire.. er I mean sit with me before an open fire....and chill with....

We can do it in Skype on the first NW Crossroads podcast... lol!

You 'reffin? ;)

• Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh here we are again...

It never gets boring around here, does it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »

I know for sure its your plan that is causing all this. It always has been in any D&D campaign I have played long enough... most probably will end up in an invasion and edition change.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm ready to fly both you guys out here to Austin. I'll buy the BBQ and drinks too. Then...Death Match! I'm thinking either rusty screw drivers, or machetes; maybe both.

Be fun, maybe I could sell tickets.

b:victoryb:chuckleb:kiss
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    I'm ready to fly both you guys out here to Austin. I'll buy the BBQ and drinks too. Then...Death Match! I'm thinking either rusty screw drivers, or machetes; maybe both.

Haha, nah don't like violence, despite the fact that I am trained in judo & gracie jiu-jitsu (most of my training occurred before all this UFC MMA mania, so who knows what I remember hehe). I much prefer a fun, laid back conversation amongst friends, though I'm always ready to hold an olive branch out to those of a different mindset that wish to find common ground, regardless how complicated it might become. I actually enjoy that process.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »

How about taking in the music scene instead, Strats at forty paces? b:victory
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    How about taking in the music scene instead, Strats at forty paces? b:victory

Ahh that would be "Going Down", a great song! And a great effort by the "youngins"

But I would see you, and raise you 20!

Leslie West & Michael Schenker

http://youtu.be/zK7YQ0uhiyg

• Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wouldn't mind a subscription if it was subscription quality.

I would prefer it being free with subscription quality.

I HATE COMBO GAMES. if something is free to play, auctions should eb available all quests and classes should be available and if races matter for balancing then all races should be available. (at least you should be able to grind for them in a reasonable amount of time).

Hell put ad's in the game if you need to but having to pay for content that affects game-play makes the game not free to play no matter how you try to spin it.

The reason LoL is so successful is that you can get into it without having to spend money, YOU NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

It actually is a choice.

Ive played LoL for almost three years now and have close to 5,000 games played. I have spent $80 dollars on the game and only have purchased skins. Since I play so much I have more IP than I know what to do with. But the reason the game is successful is that you can get attached to it without spending that money to jump in.

I really hope I am never put into a situation that I have to spend money to play a class I want to play. That would seriously kill my day and my love for the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I wouldn't mind a subscription if it was subscription quality.

I would prefer it being free with subscription quality.

I HATE COMBO GAMES. if something is free to play, auctions should eb available all quests and classes should be available and if races matter for balancing then all races should be available. (at least you should be able to grind for them in a reasonable amount of time).

Hell put ad's in the game if you need to but having to pay for content that affects game-play makes the game not free to play no matter how you try to spin it.

The reason LoL is so successful is that you can get into it without having to spend money, YOU NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

It actually is a choice.

Ive played LoL for almost three years now and have close to 5,000 games played. I have spent $80 dollars on the game and only have purchased skins. Since I play so much I have more IP than I know what to do with. But the reason the game is successful is that you can get attached to it without spending that money to jump in.

I really hope I am never put into a situation that I have to spend money to play a class I want to play. That would seriously kill my day and my love for the game.

Sir how dare you get back on topic Anime bear is displeased b:sad

But seriously I agree I think the combo business model is what killed Age of Conan for me, that's why I'm glad when Jack talks about never ever having to pay for content. It gives me hope.