test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please add user ignore/block

2»

Comments

• viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think what I am thinking of is more recent like in a video or something I suck at finding the nuggets of "what did they say" but I'm sure one of resident forumites will chime in soon with what I'm thinking of, but no I'm thinking of something within the last few months 3-6 if not 1-3 months. I heard or read it and got super excited, I remember them saying it won't be in at launch but they would like to see it later down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    faleth77 wrote: »

I thought I had seen an official statement from Cryptic that they would like to try to make persistant worlds possible but it won't be in at launch, which I understand due to time constraints and limitations of the software involved. It is a huge wish I have to see this come to fruition, I have an idea for making it possible, still rough stages but it could be worked around so bear with me.

One thing good for MMO is that it is alive, unlike retail games which are glassified after release. So demands should be met more regularly. But don't expect it to be perfect the frst time, for no retail or even single player game was perfectly released - they all were workable only after many patches.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nothing wrong with the content itself of the off-topic related to toolsets but so much for "please add user ignore/block".
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah somehow it was hijacked, and the hijacked topic caught my attention so I put my 2 coppers worth in lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the content itself of the off-topic related to toolsets but so much for "please add user ignore/block".
    jiger007 wrote: »
    ok mr passive agressive, now please get out of my thread, i already told you i dont want to have anything to do with you.

Yeah it appears like the OP hijacked his own thread with this comment (his 2nd comment), an attack on a forumite that was only trying to assist him.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    faleth77 wrote: »
    Yeah somehow it was hijacked, and the hijacked topic caught my attention so I put my 2 coppers worth in lol

"Hijacking the thread for the greater good"
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mokah wrote: »
    Can NWO allow for terrain deformation and texture painting of exterior areas? So far all I've seen is interiors for NWO. Walkmesh issues in NWN2 are usually because of bad design. Granted, NWN2 has a loooooooong list of bugs, and issues, but I wouldn't trade the creative freedom that toolset gives me for strict tileset constraints. I did that...it was called NWN.

Here's a simple challenge for the Foundry: Could I build comparable areas in NWO like this, or this, or this?

By the way, each of those areas sport some pretty complex walkmeshes, which all work for both player and NPC alike. A little care in building can do wonders.
    More complicated walkmeshes in action. roof walking

walking 30 meters up on construction framing

The previous structure, from the ground that's pretty tall

walking on a frame suspended in mid-air

Walking on roofs
    link

If you need something, you just make it.
    like these docks

The problem is, NWO only gives you a set of pencils to work with. And it's a nice set. Cryptic tries hard but there are realities in a single server mmo. If you need a pen....
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay I may be obtuse here but I've watched A LOT of the foundry videos and there were one or two that actually showed more then the most popular ones out there. I've seen the advanced tab for the NPC's and it allows you to change a fair amount of details on the body with sliders (so I can't see how they will all be generic looking unless you choose to make them look that way). Also I've seen that they have Outside instances that can be customized (the one I saw she said that the houses etc can be moved etc.) so I know you can create fairly detailed outdoor not just indoor maps.

I honestly think that it is waaaay too early to make judgement calls on the Foundry given that they only just showed the working model just recently at PAX. The game doesn't launch till early 2013, early 2013 could mean anytime between Jan and Apr/May (even if the time frame is Jan to March thats still 6 mths from now). Thats a lot of time for a LOT of changes to both the game and the Foundry.

All that being said I can pretty much guarantee you that the tools being offered between Neverwinter and NWN2 are not going to be the same at all nor will the freedom be there. Its like comparing apples and oranges they are completely separate animals. Also I would think that as modders (who I'm assuming delve into code) you would realize the limitations that are inherent with the Foundry (do to its MMO nature) and do your best to help make it the best toolset that it can be within its scope as an MMO with testing and feedback.

Just my two cents
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    My hope is that NWO will be a first step in producing a wider community of rpg fans that are interested in creating content, and to have that produce more niche games for us who enjoy the traditional aspects of rpgs.

Toward that end, I support a Foundry that is more accessible if that means it has less functions. If the hardcore NWN modders hold their noses and can't bring themselves to develop content in NWO because they don't get everything they want, so be it. These forums are full of individuals who can't wait to start creating their adventures. Many Foundry DMs here and other yet to come can be every bit as great as veteran NWN modders.

The success of UGC in NWO and the growth of UGC in rpgs in general will be up to this community, whoever chooses to be a part of it or not to be a part of it.
  • jojinraiunjojinraiun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In regards to the original topic, I agree it would be a nice feature.

At first I didn't really see the need, as even though someone might be annoying, their presence is limited in scope to the overall content.

However, as of late it is quite annoying where it seems like every other post is from the same person and seem to just be restating the same thing or pushing people to another one of their posts. Helpfulness is great, but if a FAQ is a sticky, then people should be able to find it or if you really want to be helpful, PM them.

Throw in the inability, so far as I have found, to turn off user signatures and original thoughts seems to get overwhelmed by spam.
  • leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As with many forums, one can simply ingnore posts without a button or forum function. I don't see why a feature like that would be needed. I have been reading these forums for some time now, and like most forums I'm a part of, if I find a poster I do not agree with I simply don't read their posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]