What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Close Beta Redeem Key

Comments

• Options
    shaebedishaebedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You know I have beta tested multiple games such as World of ********, Warhammer and Conan, but I must say I am more excited about this game than any other. Here's to hoping I get a key.
  • Options
    pellinore90pellinore90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same cant wait for this..i hope it stays true to DnD and not be a dull grinding game.
  • Options
    lamoenlamoen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same cant wait for this..i hope it stays true to DnD and not be a dull grinding game.

I feel the ame way..
  • Options
    fishboy1111fishboy1111 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So are there still any ways to get a beta key other than pro-ordering torchlight 2?? not that i dont want torchlight 2 and wont buy it, i just cant afford it right now.
  • Options
    dethlindethlin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This title looks great from what of I have seen. lets hope some beta keys become available soon :-)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I sure hope to be able to test Neverwinter before the Mayan Calendar ends! That way when our alien ancestors come and take us home, I can bring the knowledge of this marvelous game back with me and play in 5D.

:D

Yeah, I am seriously craving a D&D MMO fix, which DDO is not satisfying. I loathe Eberron. Plus, it's going to be at least a month until our PnP D&D group will start back up again. I'm going crazy!

Correction, I have gone crazy! Please bring me to sanity!

Okay, here's a bear!

b:victory

Okay, here's some super awesome bears doing what brown bears do best!
  • Options
    dsmazokudsmazoku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I WANT A BETA KEY SO BAD
    i want to play play play play Being a sorcerer or an Assasin, AND PLAY!
  • Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    a key would be nice, looking forward to this game :0
  • Options
    tlhmh1tlhmh1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Me too, me too! I want a key!
  • Options
    krayzedonekrayzedone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does pre-ordering Torchlight 2 still get a beta key for NWN?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    krayzedone wrote: »
    Does pre-ordering Torchlight 2 still get a beta key for NWN?

Only from PW website and before the game is launched. You should see the offer in the pre-order part there just before you order it.
  • Options
    coryhartcoryhart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wizards of the Coast is very involved as is Hazbro and Atari. This game does have the ability to get people really excited about the rest of the franchise and as someone that plays D&D and has since I was seven I'm excited to see an ernest game come from it that isn't another Baldur's Gate mesh up. I'm really hoping that this gives me the online D&D content that DDO just can't deliver. The thing that is scarry to me is that I hope they make all the classes able to do the basic class stuff, DDO had you separating what type of rogue you are to the point where you couldn't identify traps if you wanted to be a trickster or you could shoot a bow if you wanted to be the other two, this greatly reduced the utility of these classes and I'm really hoping that this game delivers the D&D feeling from the 4th edition and prior. Everything I've seen on the game looks really good from the action animations and the character art. The mobs look like they came straight out of the monster manuel perfect world and cryptic really are making a masterpiece of a game hopefully
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    coryhart wrote: »
    ... DDO had you separating what type of rogue you are to the point where you couldn't identify traps if you wanted to be a trickster or you could shoot a bow if you wanted to be the other two, ...

It is not a good idea to compare DDO with NW in those terms because DDO is based on 3.5e. This leads to game becoming a min-max fest. 4e has rules that avoid max-min kind of environment.

So what you want, would be there but comparing it with DDO is being unfair to DDO.
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    i am in complete agreeance.. the two games have two different cores.. comparing them isnt fair to either one.. Neverwinter, to me personally, from what i have seen, is a flavor that matches the original dnd. and not the franchise everyone has come to be used to.. and that makes me very intrigued.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    coryhart wrote: »
    Wizards of the Coast is very involved as is Hazbro and Atari.
    You mean, Perfect World Entertainment, yes? Atari sold Crytpic to PWE. Atari no longer has anything to do with Neverwinter, thank Mystryl!

*the mage hisses in an imagined direction towards Atari*
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    You mean, Perfect World Entertainment, yes? Atari sold Crytpic to PWE. Atari no longer has anything to do with Neverwinter, thank Mystryl!

*the mage hisses in an imagined direction towards Atari*

+1, but there are still trailers around where it shows at the start where atari were involved, this could be confusing for for some.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    +1, but there are still trailers around where it shows at the start where atari were involved, this could be confusing for for some.

Well... by that you can know that trailers were not developed today or yesterday :)

But please, now I would request all to undergo cleansing ceremony as you have uttered the profane word.

Now everyone repeat after me, ... "NIII!!!"
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Well... by that you can know that trailers were not developed today or yesterday :)

But please, now I would request all to undergo cleansing ceremony as you have uttered the profane word.

*Walks by several people chanting "NIIIIII"*

"Somebody say the A word again?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012

WHile trying to promote the game in Oz, a week ago i was attacked by someone who was basically failing to update and was using trailers of footage of gameplay from 2011, so while he was doing his best to troll, ive just hit the ignore button, guy was accusing me of being some PWE PIMP based on, sto, co liftetimers beta ect, guy obviously had nothing better to do than, hijack a thread with the negative when trying to say he was giving an unbiased opinion, so yeah just sayin.

"NIII!!!"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    WHile trying to promote the game in Oz, a week ago i was attacked by someone who was basically failing to update and was using trailers of footage of gameplay from 2011, so while he was doing his best to troll, ive just hit the ignore button, guy was accusing me of being some PWE PIMP based on, sto, co liftetimers beta ect, guy obviously had nothing better to do than, hijack a thread with the negative when trying to say he was giving an unbiased opinion, so yeah just sayin.

"NIII!!!"

For such heretics NII is not enough, I give you Peng and Neee-Wom too. Next time he displays his ignorance, cut him up wth a herring!
    (You did the right thing by cutting off its feed)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    For such heretics NII is not enough, I give you Peng and Neee-Wom too. Next time he displays his ignorance, cut him up wth a herring!
    (You did the right thing by cutting off its feed)

Sometimes i think man why do i bother, like some of the posters said, that had completely missed it, how did that happen, thanks ryvvik for letting us know, you know some real grateful bro's out there, then old Steenky pete strolls in and try's to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all over it, DDO this an DDO that, cryptic are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> blah blah blah, and thats being unbiased, using the same engine Sto uses (modified) and that looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, cant use cryptic A*ari fanboi <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as an excuse blah blah.

• Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    i'm a fan but only posted two or three times, that not active enough for a key? if i buy Torchlight II i will get a key? if so i will buy asap. also i have an active sto account if that helps >:P
    b:pleased
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    blizzid wrote: »
    i'm a fan but only posted two or three times, that not active enough for a key? if i buy Torchlight II i will get a key? if so i will buy asap. also i have an active sto account if that helps >:P
    b:pleased

And this is why a New Users FAQ was made. If any of you have beta questions like this, go to my link here, and read up on the beta section. If it doesn't answer your questions, then PM me, and I'll give you further answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fmjbossfmjboss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sup im ready for this game
  • Options
    yoyomesinyoyomesin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    waiting.....
  • Options
    xilix69xilix69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I stopped worrying about such things. Having done several beta tests over the past years, you learn not to sweat it. It will either be an actualy testing or it will be a marketing ploy like so many others.
    I have walked through the Valley of Death and emerged the Shadow of Evil
    The Gene Pool needs chlorine
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    xilix69 wrote: »
    I stopped worrying about such things. Having done several beta tests over the past years, you learn not to sweat it. It will either be an actualy testing or it will be a marketing ploy like so many others.
    I can say actual testing is already being done, but can't elaborate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zyligozyligo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone know if they are still giving beta keys for torchlight 2 pre-orders to this day? I can't seem to see it mentioning it anywhere on the sites or steam.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    zyligo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they are still giving beta keys for torchlight 2 pre-orders to this day? I can't seem to see it mentioning it anywhere on the sites or steam.

last heard it was on till torchlight 2 releases or nw enters CB phase.
  • Options
    xilix69xilix69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can say actual testing is already being done, but can't elaborate.

I do not doubt, nor even said, actual testing wouldn't be done. I haven't been paying much attention here lately, due to my involvement in several other things, but I would assume NWN is well in to Alpha if not CBT.
    In the past decade I have beta tested alot of games. In the past several years most of the big name games began using beta as a marketing ploy. Not all of them of course, but more than enough to sour the apple barrel. Here we have BT offered as a promo for purchasing TL2. Marketing tool? You be the judge.

NWN may yet suprise me.
    I have walked through the Valley of Death and emerged the Shadow of Evil
    The Gene Pool needs chlorine
This discussion has been closed.