Close Beta Redeem Key

1235»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    xilix69 wrote: »
    ... NWN ...
    NWN ...

I remember the name, the avatar with goat-faced-devil - right?

However, not NWN... Call it NW, NWO or someting to not confuse with previous merchandize on same city

Or even - NWD&N (For neverwinter days and nights)
  • xilix69xilix69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I remember the name, the avatar with goat-faced-devil - right?

However, not NWN... Call it NW, NWO or someting to not confuse with previous merchandize on same city

Or even - NWD&N (For neverwinter days and nights)

You are correct. My avatar is usualy, no matter the forum I am on, the Hermetic Seal of Baphomet.

Just read the post you quoted from. My apologies, the NWN was a typo. Alot of pain meds & alot of not sleeping had Neverwinter Nights in my thought process (or lack there of) instead of just plain Neverwinter.
    I have walked through the Valley of Death and emerged the Shadow of Evil
    The Gene Pool needs chlorine
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I still like "NWO" if only for a remark as a "New World Order" (for Neverwinter Online).
  • vastolordesvastolordes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've waited for awhile, although I've been with PWE since 2006...

I hope there is a decent amount of player customization without the need to purchase a huge amount of ZEN.
  • argorikargorik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    last heard it was on till torchlight 2 releases or nw enters CB phase.

it doesnt seem to be there when i tried to order it. I would like to know for sure before doing so.
  • argorikargorik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    Just got an email saying it is still available FYI:)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    argorik wrote: »
    it doesnt seem to be there when i tried to order it. I would like to know for sure before doing so.

I'm looking for a website that lists ithe specific email display, but launch is listed at September 20,and the closed-beta is still offered. However, more information on the closed beta simply takes you to Neverwinter News which does not list the offer.

For now, you can go here, to pre-order TL II through PWE (and only through PWE, as you won't get the CB offer through Steam or others) and get the NW CB future offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Yep. Including a "pre-order TL II" link.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Where is the consideration for Star Trek Online lifetime players?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Where is the consideration for Star Trek Online lifetime players?

As mentioned on different threads, Lifetime STO and CO players will get a CB invite, but it is not guaranteed which stage of CB you will be active in. Or from the answers to this question asked:

How do I (and how did others) get/will get Beta Key Access?

Those who already received Closed Beta keys for their completing the demo at PAX East/E3 or other conventions as well as those who will get future keys from signing up and pre-ordering Torchlight 2, or lifetime subscription holders for Star Trek Online, Champions Online and other potential lifetime membership options offered by Cryptic and/or PWE (check with your community moderator for details) will receive invitations to a Closed Beta stage, but an actual specific Beta start date is not guaranteed and may vary for different users.

(Note: This answer will be updated as we receive new information.)

Are these the only ways i can get into Open/Closed Beta?

No. As per Stormshade's Archived Reply, there will be other ways to get into Beta, and the pre-order/lifetime memberships is/was just a thank you for those who continued supporting Perfect World Entertainment's Torchlight Series or Cryptic/PWE's lifetime membership purchases. Just registering for this Neveriwnter site will give you a chance to receive a beta key if you participate!

If you have received a Beta Key, see the next questions below.

(Note: This answer will be updated as we receive new information.)

For more information on questions beta-related, see my FAQ's first section or post (where it should answer all questions though of by now until we get new information, but do ask me on the thread there if I missed something.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bought TL2 back in may release date for that finally announced the 20th of this month i read somewhere cryptic pushed back the release date on NWO probably cuz they wasted a ton of time creating youtube content still have no beta key and i'm assuming they're not giving them out based on who purchased 1st and it's just completely random because i know people have keys but as far as i can tell just the richie folks that got tickets to E3 have them i don't care any more if they want to keep us in the dark about it seeing as i'll have a torchlight in a cpl weeks :D and i think blizzard proved that if you hype a game too much it's going to be a disapointment anyhow but i still say good luck to you folks at cryptic and here's hoping whatever ends up in the can doesn't end up in the bin -cheers :)
    edited September 2012
    bought TL2 back in may release date for that finally announced the 20th of this month i read somewhere cryptic pushed back the release date on NWO probably cuz they wasted a ton of time creating youtube content still have no beta key and i'm assuming they're not giving them out based on who purchased 1st and it's just completely random because i know people have keys but as far as i can tell just the richie folks that got tickets to E3 have them i don't care any more if they want to keep us in the dark about it seeing as i'll have a torchlight in a cpl weeks :D and i think blizzard proved that if you hype a game too much it's going to be a disapointment anyhow but i still say good luck to you folks at cryptic and here's hoping whatever ends up in the can doesn't end up in the bin -cheers :)

Considering I know for a fact most of that reasoning is not true, I'd love to meet your source and ask them to get new info.

But I respect the opinion no matter how you got there. Hype is overrated when there's nothing backing it but sleepers are the opposite of that. Which if either this game is we will see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012

Remember they pushed that date back to finish and polish the game better (TL2), so this could have held up the drop of the beta key. Hang in there brother, im on a ladder one handed, holding on with my pinky as well.
    edited September 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Remember they pushed that date back to finish and polish the game better (TL2), so this could have held up the drop of the beta key. Hang in there brother, im on a ladder one handed, holding on with my pinky as well.

Game polish including the addition of PvP at launch was the decision to push back the game to early 2013 (the date of the PvP ready to release.) I know there was a couple f weeks of discussion from the staff if they could release this with a 2012 date done internally, and we have the answer now.

Subsequently this pushes the open beta to a delayed date since it's a couple of months before launch. Closed Beta is uncertain and other testing I can't detail is currently ongoing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mc0918mc0918 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I played earlier version of the non-MMO game and I hope the MMORPG version is just as great.
  • leznixleznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2012
    Bought TL2, still waiting for the Beta key for this, and now TL2 is just 2 weeks away, still no key :(
    edited September 2012
    leznix wrote: »
    Bought TL2, still waiting for the Beta key for this, and now TL2 is just 2 weeks away, still no key :(

The key will be released when the beta starts. It hasn't so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leznixleznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2012

Thanks for the info.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone know if the TL2 offer is still ongoing? I can't find anything on it, other than announcements from around April 26th. If it is, I'm enough of a Forgotten Realms addict to buy TL2 for no other reason than to ensure a CB key. Especially for how little TL2 is! I can't remember the last time I only spent $20 on a game. Maybe Daggerfall? Dunno...

Thanks if anybody knows! *sits not-so-patiently at my computer*
    edited September 2012
    It's still current according to the email I got from Cryptic 2 days ago.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks surf! Pre-ordered it and got this in an email:

"As part of your pre-order, you're also invited to take part in the Neverwinter Closed Beta when that launches!* When the time comes, you'll be sent a beta key to redeem on our site, so be sure to check http://www.playneverwinter.com to get all the latest information regarding this highly anticipated new title."

*As well as this*

"*Does not guarantee day one closed beta access. Exact date of entry will vary per user, dependant on testing needs."
  • phoenixsunphoenixsun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    4 months after the last post, I am guessing people are STILL waiting for a key?
    edited September 2012
    Indeed they are...
  • gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »

ok but that doesn't really explain why cryptic or pw has offered beta access for purchasing a game neither company has developed and then decided to hold off on giving access to their own game prior to releasing it which is precisely what "beta access" is by definition

just my 2c at this point i don't really care that much anymore TL2 will be out in a few weeks and i'll probably completely forget about this game for a month or so
  • catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ok but that doesn't really explain why cryptic or pw has offered beta access for purchasing a game neither company has developed and then decided to hold off on giving access to their own game prior to releasing it which is precisely what "beta access" is by definition

Because PWE is the publisher on both games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    phoenixsun wrote: »

Beta Key's for pre-ordering Torchlight 2 as well as being lifetime subscribers to STO will only be given out as the Beta starts.
    Since the Beta Test has not started yet there are still no keys for those who qualify for either promotion.

It's as simple as that. They aren't holding back giving Beta keys. The Beta has not started.

And just to define Beta for you:
    Second level, external pilot-test of a product (usually a software) before commercialquantityproduction. At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed. But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to selected customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.

A beta test isn't early access to a game. It's a larger scale test meant to refine any issues in any system before full release.
    Basically a Beta only starts when something is basically considered completed and right now NW is not considered completed.
    edited September 2012
    phoenixsun wrote: »

''Like ambisinisterr's post above this reply and like I posted earlier on this same page:

leznix wrote: »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swtrogueswtrogue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    CB Key plsssss......I hope i get one before they release open beta, would love to try it out as i am a PW game fan ohh pls i want to play this game so much b:cute
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    If these game was made by the same guys that made baldur's gate series...
    edited October 2012
    This thread now is being handled by the Beta Vent thread and was dead for over a month before it was Necroed. Closing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.