test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CO/STO Lifetimers Closed Beta Access

asioxrinasioxrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://www.champions-online.com/node/595755
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=573891
Greetings Champions!

We are happy to announce that all Champions Online Lifetime Subscribers will be receiving access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. *When this testing phase begins, invites will be doled out to Lifetime Subscribers over the course of the test.
Greetings Captains!

We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be receiving access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. *When this testing phase begins, invites will be doled out to Lifetime Subscribers over the course of the test.

Wooo~(probably need to move this to news rather than Neverwinter discussion)
Post edited by asioxrin on

Comments

• Options
    strangecubestrangecube Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh we must be getting really close to the closed beta now..... I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!! b:infuriated
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sweeeeeet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey Folks,

Just a quick note on this: Please remember that we will be phasing in CBT participants, including CO and STO Lifetime subscribers as the beta progresses. This means that you may not receive Beta access on day one of the Closed Beta Test if you are a lifetime subscriber of Champions or Star Trek. You may need to wait awhile.

That said, I promise you will gain access to the Closed Beta.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is probably a stupid question, but what are "CBT participants?"

I'm guessing: Closed Beta Testing?
  • Options
    azimnazimn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I neeeeeeeeeed my key... must.... have...... Neverwinter....
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Just a quick note on this: Please remember that we will be phasing in CBT participants, including CO and STO Lifetime subscribers as the beta progresses. This means that you may not receive Beta access on day one of the Closed Beta Test if you are a lifetime subscriber of Champions or Star Trek. You may need to wait awhile.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Storm...what if you already got a key at PAX East should you still apply the Lifetime beta key?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Storm...what if you already got a key at PAX East should you still apply the Lifetime beta key?

My guess would be no as the Lifetime Beta keys will allow access sometime during Beta, not at the start of Beta like the Torchlight II/PAX/E3 Beta keys seem to allow. That is, unless I've misunderstood our Community Manager's previous posts.

Bear emoticons?? Really??? :|
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tarrax7 wrote: »
    My guess would be no as the Lifetime Beta keys will allow access sometime during Beta, not at the start of Beta like the Torchlight II/PAX/E3 Beta keys seem to allow. That is, unless I've misunderstood our Community Manager's previous posts.

Bear emoticons?? Really??? :|

I'm thinking once you get a key you are in and they aren't going to send out Lifetime Beta keys until they are ready for those people to get in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thebumblethebumble Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    So, I'm in beta because I have a lifetime sub to STO and CO but, I probably won't get in right away because I'm a loyal customer, but someone who lived a 10 minute drive away from PAX and never played either games will?

I'm confused.

Also, once people figure out buying a sub to either game doesn't guarantee beta access, there's going be a lot of unhappy posts.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Is the promotion to get a beta key when pre-ordering Torchlight II still going on? I started the steps to buy it to see but saw nothing in on the T2 pages that state anything about it.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Looking forward to trying out the new game.

On an unrelated note, thanks for fixing the dev tracker!
  • Options
    gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    and for those who purchased TL2 from PW? when's that comming up eh? just curious
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a LTS with Star Trek Online (800d) and I'm looking forward to trying this out :)
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    cant wait!
    am a LTS to CO
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Thanks,

Stormshade
    Maybe a silly question but I must ask: If someone gets more than one beta key due to lifetime thingy and TL2 preorder, the second one is dismissed or can it be given away?
  • Options
    adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a Co life time account so this is interesting news.
  • Options
    sorwensorwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thebumble wrote: »
    So, I'm in beta because I have a lifetime sub to STO and CO but, I probably won't get in right away because I'm a loyal customer, but someone who lived a 10 minute drive away from PAX and never played either games will?

I'm confused.
    I'm not overly upset about it, but I do find it strange. The other 3 friends that bought both with me don't seem overly interested in NW. One is upset about how bad CO was handled and doesn't really want to play NW.
    Forever and always forward
  • Options
    bjoernrbjoernr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Hello.

I have a little questiont but its very important for me.

When my CO Lifetime account gets into the beta ... will i have to activate it with an Beta-key that i get with an email or will it automaticly become upgraded.

I would not like the "here is your beta key" way because i forgot my email account password. b:sad
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    sorwen wrote: »
    I'm not overly upset about it, but I do find it strange. The other 3 friends that bought both with me don't seem overly interested in NW. One is upset about how bad CO was handled and doesn't really want to play NW.

Thing is bud atari had the noose round there necks, and fingered any chance of the game being marvel universe, at some point marvel got jack of atari and pulled its name from it.
    that said i enjoyed CO, was something different.

hopefully under PWE they can really shine for D&dNW and you can show you buds what there missing out on.

bjoernr wrote: »
    Hello.

I have a little questiont but its very important for me.

When my CO Lifetime account gets into the beta ... will i have to activate it with an Beta-key that i get with an email or will it automaticly become upgraded.

I would not like the "here is your beta key" way because i forgot my email account password. b:sad

Bruv this is what you will have to do

If you forgot your account ID and password, then head on over to our recovery pages at https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid
    You will need to type in your account's registered email address and then press the relevant recovery button. Then check your email inbox and spam/bulk folder for our automated recovery email.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
    bjoernr wrote: »

If you lost your email subscriber's password (e.g. gmail, hotmail, live, etc.) then you should be able to retrieve it from that company's password retrieval system. If you lost your isp's email address password (e.g. comcast) then you may need to call them up.

Regardless, if you have lost the ability to log into your email account tied to the game, you should log into your account here at PWE/Cryptic and change it to a new email address. I would surely do this, if not just for the security reason of it, let alone for being able to receive important game-related communications from PWE/Cryptic.
  • Options
    kurre2kurre2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cant wait! :D When is this starting?
  • Options
    sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    .....Soon™
    I'm not really a John Galt,
    but I play one on the forums...
    :P
  • Options
    borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have the lifetime for CO and i'm looking forward to this game. Once it comes out, as long as it is decently made, this will be my game of choice.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since I love the old style D&D games especially from the old muds and am also a Big Star Trek fan it would be nice to have a game to play like neverwinter when STO gets too much of a burn out on it.

Although as a LTS of STO would be nice to get to see this game although haven't recieved any key for it yet.
  • Options
    aralixaralix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited July 2012
    .....Soon?

Someday "Soon" will replaced by shortly due to copyright laws costing companies money to use this word in reference to release dates

When will ****** be released... Shortly - in due time - before long - in good time

I'm starting a company who wants to get paid to write the copyright applications?
    O.o
    The truth will EAT you!
    328894f9-2005-4d27-a221-67ec37aa20f9_zpse7d8f150.jpg
  • Options
    tgmpesttgmpest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So if we preordered torchlight II we should be getting the Key soon? :D
  • Options
    aethilgar1aethilgar1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tgmpest wrote: »

Would love to hear more information from Perfect World about that.
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2012
    tgmpest wrote: »

As soon as everyone else who qualifies lol. I am pretty sure all the information (whether from T2, Pax etc etc) will be pooled together and the information randomly pulled to match the numbers the devs request, this I made from an educated guess at from the fine print with Torchlight 2, PAX Lifetime subs etc.

So, for instance if day one requires 5000 testers they will randomly grab 5000 accounts and send keys to those via e-mail.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what about people that have CO lifetime, STO lifetime, AND pre-ordered Torchlight 2? Will we be getting 3 keys? Getting only one key but getting in much sooner than everyone else??? ;)
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kalizaar wrote: »
    So what about people that have CO lifetime, STO lifetime, AND pre-ordered Torchlight 2? Will we be getting 3 keys? Getting only one key but getting in much sooner than everyone else??? ;)

This question was asked somewhere on this forum before and answered by a dev. You will get one key. But if you get any advantage etc, I dont remember that much. Maybe you can try to search similar threads about beta for answer?