test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who will do the soundtrack?

stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
I know it probably won't happen but I would really like to see Jeremy Soul do the music for Neverwinter...he did such an amazing job with the Baldurs gate series and with the Skyrim sound track.....at the very least the could get permission to use that music in Neverwinter.
Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
Post edited by stormdrag0n on

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,367 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    My vote for who would do the soundtrack?

Jeremy Soul is a tremendously talented musician. I'd love to see him get the job.

How about this for a dreamteam? Reform the Dead Alewives and have them do the voices of the NPCs...

Can you imagine? "Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!" "Where's the Mountain Dew?!" / "Can I have a Mountain Dew?!" "I'm attacking the darkness!" "Okay, but if there's are any girls there, I wanna DO them!"

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Doubtful, from the trailers not all that impressed with the music score at all. Jeremy Soule prolly has his hands full with current project of GW2 and whatever other major projects he's on. The sound tracks from SoZ were pretty darn good in anycase. I just hope that the music we hear in the trailers/footage is not the overall quality of the music in the game... if so... well thk god for music control volume and running media player.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Shadow of the Colossus Composer Kō Ōtani is also extremely talented, and is probably free, unlike Jeremy Soule who is busy with Guild Wars.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night composer Michiru Yamane is another unique creative mind.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Doubtful, from the trailers not all that impressed with the music score at all. Jeremy Soule prolly has his hands full with current project of GW2 and whatever other major projects he's on. The sound tracks from SoZ were pretty darn good in anycase. I just hope that the music we hear in the trailers/footage is not the overall quality of the music in the game... if so... well thk god for music control volume and running media player.

That's why I think getting permission to use the Baldurs gate and previous NWN soundtracks would be ideal. Problem is, there are likely many legal hoops to jump through...

It's sad most developers today just don't comprehend the importance of the music in a MMO, take SWTOR for example, the developers were simply clueless that players were upset because there was really no music in the game...my fear is it will be skimped on with this game as well.
  • Options
    karazinkarazin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I would really like to see either Jeremy Soule or Inon Zur doing the music.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's sad most developers today just don't comprehend the importance of the music in a MMO...

Yes, music is very important. Personally, I like the music of Rusty Hearts. Not only is it good, it also matches the theme of the game.
    I don't care a lot for composer but the music should be good and matching the theme of the game. For example, undead dungeons could have dark kind of music, while a quest with 'holy' kind of setting can have chants and stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Yes, music is very important. Personally, I like the music of Rusty Hearts. Not only is it good, it also matches the theme of the game.
    I don't care a lot for composer but the music should be good and matching the theme of the game. For example, undead dungeons could have dark kind of music, while a quest with 'holy' kind of setting can have chants and stuff.

Yeah I have to say that the Elder scrolls series has spoiled me as has the Baldurs gate/Icewind dale games.....also as much as I dislike funcom I have to say they truly understand how important music is to assist with Immersion, Cryptic needs to take a page from them.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    That's why I think getting permission to use the Baldurs gate and previous NWN soundtracks would be ideal. Problem is, there are likely many legal hoops to jump through...

It's sad most developers today just don't comprehend the importance of the music in a MMO, take SWTOR for example, the developers were simply clueless that players were upset because there was really no music in the game...my fear is it will be skimped on with this game as well.

The Bauler's Gate music is very iconic to Baluder's Gate and the Sword Coast, I would not want to imitate that music in Neverwinter because people might be expecting a Baulder's Gate feel and really sends the wrong message. Each NWN games had different feel to the music so I'd rather they not imitate past scores but find something they will be unique to NWO and provides that feel that is appropriate. The setting is drastically different, the city in ruins, Spellplauge rampant, times are hard is my impression for Neverwinter... much worse than in either of the NWN games.

So really they just need to employ a good composer that can get the feel that they want to shoot for, the makers of City of Steam did that. They found a composer that accomplished the feel they wanted, the same should be done for NWO. I felt SWTOR was very uninspirational, they just rehashed old scores and I was like "umm... yeah... I've heard this stuff 15, 20 years ago."

But yes music is very important, this is one of the many things Blizz knew and provided in WoW. Farming in Whatever Basin or Storm Peaks in WotLK was actually enjoyable immensely solely because of the ambient music.
  • Options
    salle123salle123 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I whould like Jeremy Soul.He made sountrack for soo many great games (Neverwinter,Oblivion,Skyrim,GW 2) and many others :3
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    I vote for Alestorm >,>
  • Options
    tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Alestorm...are you kidding me? Get 'em if you're making Pirate MMO!
    I am inactive and I know it
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    What? Pirates can exist in D&D.

Fine. How about Corvus Corax?
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I think the best solution would be if we had player that could link us to last fm or youtube and everyone would listen to what they want.

attic.tv is not bad also.

http://www.attictv.com/channel/top
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That seemed like a cool site but I just froze the hell out of my web browser.
    I think the best solution would be if we had player that could link us to last fm or youtube and everyone would listen to what they want.

I thought that is what this was :D
  • Options
    tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    What? Pirates can exist in D&D.

Fine. How about Corvus Corax?

Get 'em to...something

Ya gotta have Two Steps From The Hell for 'tis! :P
    I am inactive and I know it
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well gonna avoid the big names but link some of, at least to me, the more memorial OSTs of NWN2 SoZ.

Crystal Cave

Batari - always loved the combat scenes when this track was playing

Another Batari track, more high paced

Tavern Sword Coast... now this... OMG I loved this as I felt it was the perfect tavern tune. A duo bard piece and this is something I really hope Cryptic shoots for at least in the taverns.

All in all each piece uses a full orchestra which I think would be crucial. Some games are just an ear ache to listen to. DDO while has some great tavern tunes also has just ear wrenching sounds that sound like it was all composed on an electric piano.

This late in development I'm sure Cryptic has already done their scores but it would be nice if Cryptic would do some posts on the music of NWO. *hint hint* *nudge nudge* *wink wink*
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well gonna avoid the big names but link some of, at least to me, the more memorial OSTs of NWN2 SoZ.

Crystal Cave

Tavern Sword Coast... now this... OMG I loved this as I felt it was the perfect tavern tune. A duo bard piece and this is something I really hope Cryptic shoots for at least in the taverns.

All in all each piece uses a full orchestra which I think would be crucial. Some games are just an ear ache to listen to. DDO while has some great tavern tunes also has just ear wrenching sounds that sound like it was all composed on an electric piano.

This late in development I'm sure Cryptic has already done their scores but it would be nice if Cryptic would do some posts on the music of NWO. *hint hint* *nudge nudge* *wink wink*

Say no more!
  • Options
    foxybatfoxybat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    SoZ was also composed on an "electric piano"... as was all the baldur's gate and NWN1 games... some people are just better at it than others.

The composer actually had the option of recording with an orchestra, but instead spent budget on more music time (and food for himself presumably...)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    youtube user : pawbeats
    (Marcin Pawłowski-Pawbeats)

Guy is from Poland and have about 140 years old pianoforte

Rihanna - Where have you been (Pawbeats piano cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdT7eS5oV8

Marcin Pawłowski-Pawbeats - Reliance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ke0CchT8so&list=UUReBWllXn4vRaFoK1ZSkRmQ&index=2&feature=plcp

Marcin Pawłowski-Pawbeats - Fall (ft. Asia, Sweeper)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9ZgkYKN1c&list=UUReBWllXn4vRaFoK1ZSkRmQ&index=8&feature=plcp

33kel5d.jpg

• Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Bear Mccreary would be nice.. he really has a lot of feeling in his music. He is mostly know for the sound track of Battlestar galactica. Sounds like an odd choice and I doubt it would happen but his music is fantastic.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    foxybat wrote: »
    SoZ was also composed on an "electric piano"... as was all the baldur's gate and NWN1 games... some people are just better at it than others.

The composer actually had the option of recording with an orchestra, but instead spent budget on more music time (and food for himself presumably...)

How is full use of brass, sting instruments an "electric piano?" The profile of Alexander Brandon who was the audio director of SoZ resembles nothing like a reliance on "electric paino." My perception of "electronic guitar" is too outdated as with technology nowadays..

By "electric piano" I'm referring something like this while I actually like the tune but the quality is something to be desired upon, lot of lost potential I'd say.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    How is full use of brass, sting instruments an "electric piano?" The profile of Alexander Brandon who was the audio director of SoZ resembles nothing like a reliance on "electric paino." My perception of "electronic guitar" is too outdated as with technology nowadays..

By "electric piano" I'm referring something like this while I actually like the tune but the quality is something to be desired upon, lot of lost potential I'd say.

Yeah 98% of DDo's music belongs in a Dr who episode, not a D&D game....I so hope that the music is at least slightly better.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    epic sax guy will do the job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy7DGLTt8g

33kel5d.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2012
    syfylis wrote: »
    epic sax guy will do the job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy7DGLTt8g

Man some people got way too much time on their hands... 10hr upload of the same portion of the sax over n over n over...
  • Options
    dailonihildailonihil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Crystal Cave

Literally just fell in love with these soundtracks! Too bad a bug prevent sme from playing Storm of Zehir (I absolutely refuse to not be able to create the other 3 customizable party members >:( )
  • Options
    singularitariansingularitarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Cryptic has a good history with Kevin Manthei, who has listed Neverwinter on his site for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Yeah he's really good at Pseudo industrial/techno soundtracks...I just hope he can make the music of Neverwinter feel like D&D
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yeah he's really good at Pseudo industrial/techno soundtracks...I just hope he can make the music of Neverwinter feel like D&D

While tastes do vary, IMO, this comes closest to the feel of what we've seen for NWO.

And to clarify what "electric piano" means, it means electronically reproduced not acoustically. Sure, that means the music was "synthesized" but does not necessarily sound like it came from a synthesizer. DDO is an example what not to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well here's a wildcard choice that I think would be killer.

The band: And So I Watch You From Afar

I Capture Castles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cIocR_XsXM

if it ain't broke... break it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-SfKRcVqXg

• Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Well here's a wildcard choice that I think would be killer.

The band: And So I Watch You From Afar

I Capture Castles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cIocR_XsXM

if it ain't broke... break it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-SfKRcVqXg

Nice BIG MON

i like this guy

Ramin Djawadi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHY97Ea2PPc

probably too expensive now the way game of thrones has gone ballistic

if you havent seen it or read it you should..........

also like this as an ad promo song for when the game goes live, match it up with some video ed comabt ect and dungeon elements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GAW87Jmw0

"One step", and you fall in to a trap, "one step" and you found a horde of monsters, "one step" at a time through the murky dungeon, "one step" away from death "just cant find a way" through the dungeons,"just cant find a way" through the hordes of monsters, "Just cant find a.............................................way"