test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who will do the soundtrack?

2»

Comments

• torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012

This is good news. I really like the STO soundtrack. The ambience fits it well.

I just hope there isn't a bunch of rock. That would be very jarring with regards to immersion.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    torskaldr wrote: »
    This is good news. I really like the STO soundtrack. The ambience fits it well.

I just hope there isn't a bunch of rock. That would be very jarring with regards to immersion.

I disagree I hated the STO soundtrack that horrid Klingon opera music and those other uninspired tracks, I was grateful when they added more traditional Trek music from the movies and series.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • singularitariansingularitarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yeah he's really good at Pseudo industrial/techno soundtracks...I just hope he can make the music of Neverwinter feel like D&D
    The books never played music for us, so that's pretty subjective, but I'm actually most familiar with him from fantasy games like Majesty, Sacrifice, Redemption, and Wizardry 8. Some of my favorite music back then, although it's quite dated now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxybatfoxybat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    While tastes do vary, IMO, this comes closest to the feel of what we've seen for NWO.

And to clarify what "electric piano" means, it means electronically reproduced not acoustically. Sure, that means the music was "synthesized" but does not necessarily sound like it came from a synthesizer. DDO is an example what not to do.

Pretty much how I took it, and no argument on DDO. There's still a big difference in my mind between a real orchestra and a good fake orchestra, so when someone says "an orchestra is a must", I tend to think of the real thing, but that is a relative rarity in video game soundtracks.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The books never played music for us, so that's pretty subjective.

True but if they did, I'm pretty certain they wouldn't have played techno house, or the electric bongos that is DDO's combat music.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Or cowbell.
  • foxybatfoxybat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    True but if they did, I'm pretty certain they wouldn't have played techno house, or the electric bongos that is DDO's combat music.

Eberron books might!