What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to stop the mass exodus of players? - listen to your playerbase please

2»

Comments

• Options
    johnalansimmonsjohnalansimmons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

It lasted 10 years I cannot see it lasting much longer though. That day when they block people for not having a supported graphics card is going to be the assassins blade in the heart of the game. It's the thing that I know is coming one day when I try to log in as it happened on World of WarCraft you know I spent money on an expanse and I never got to play it because the game would no longer let me log in the day it went live.
    . =/

And I have been playing those 10 years and for the last 7 years or so people have been saying that the game is dying and can't last much longer. I expect we will continue to hear the same as time goes on as I keep playing.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User

It lasted 10 years I cannot see it lasting much longer though. That day when they block people for not having a supported graphics card is going to be the assassins blade in the heart of the game. It's the thing that I know is coming one day when I try to log in as it happened on World of WarCraft you know I spent money on an expanse and I never got to play it because the game would no longer let me log in the day it went live.
    . =/

And I have been playing those 10 years and for the last 7 years or so people have been saying that the game is dying and can't last much longer. I expect we will continue to hear the same as time goes on as I keep playing.
    Yes, I keep on hearing that since mod 6 but mod 6 was for different reason.
    For system requirements, I heard the same thing for "not supporting Windows 7", for "not supporting 32bit", for "not supporting direct X version x.y.z", .... In few years, we will hear the same thing for "not supporting windows 10".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    LOL ok optimize I get it. 8,000,000,000 people on the plant and yet there is only 8 players in Northdark, 47 in Narbonellyn and 26 in Menzoberranzan. out of the 2000 alliance members in my alliance there were 8 on an hour ago before maintenance. yea sure this is totally sustainable.. silly me being all chicken little =P hopes and dreams with a dose of complete denial of reality.
  • Options
    pinot#7748 pinot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i listened to Tavern stream and management seems to be passionate about game and improving it. some suggestions tho - they should maybe prioritize bug fixes over forever tweaking classes and companions and trying to "fix" things that aren't broken. for example, why change raptor? i'm not endgame but i know people who are. they are not complaining about raptors. endgame content is all about coordination - raptors give the most stats and not expensive. if people want to run endgame content they should have the resources by endgame to buy and rank up a raptor. that is cheap compared to the mythic insignias, artifacts, mounts etc that are needed at endgame. nerfing raptor is just gonna <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off when they have to go buy 10% sorbet. also, if you are worried about a raptor that people can buy w tradebars or from Ah, why not provide more ways to get a tutor, scorpion or spine devil instead? they are way more expensive than a raptor.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

i listened to Tavern stream and management seems to be passionate about game and improving it. some suggestions tho - they should maybe prioritize bug fixes over forever tweaking classes and companions and trying to "fix" things that aren't broken. for example, why change raptor? i'm not endgame but i know people who are. they are not complaining about raptors. endgame content is all about coordination - raptors give the most stats and not expensive. if people want to run endgame content they should have the resources by endgame to buy and rank up a raptor. that is cheap compared to the mythic insignias, artifacts, mounts etc that are needed at endgame. nerfing raptor is just gonna HAMSTER people off when they have to go buy 10% sorbet. also, if you are worried about a raptor that people can buy w tradebars or from Ah, why not provide more ways to get a tutor, scorpion or spine devil instead? they are way more expensive than a raptor.

1. I believe you cannot 'create' 10% sorbet from the game anymore. Whatever left in the game is all they are. So, when one is used, one is gone from the game. i.e. they will all be gone eventually (if it is used).
    2. Raptor has "part of the pack" for party buff (i.e. it can be x5 for all 5 party members) while tutor and scorpion are for individual boost. I am not saying it should be nerf'ed but pointing out the difference.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The devs explained why they're not making any more raptors available. They don't want the kind of clique-ish behavior where players aren't accepted into a party (or are booted from a party) because they don't have one. Raptors place enormous pressure on everyone in a group to equip it.

(And yes, I have one. I even have unbound spares. And I still get why the devs are phasing them out).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    Dooo deee doooo I spent some 19 hours online Friday farming Insignia in Dragon vale to see how feasible it would be to upgrade my toons mounts. It did not go well it takes 3,120 insignia powders for each insignia time 15 quale's 46,800 Insignia powder needed for leveling 5ea. 3 slot mounts from uncommon to Mystic
    3,120x20=62,400 Insignia powder needed for leveling 5ea. 4 slot mounts from Uncommon to Mystic.

I got less then 200 insignias in a week of farming. I started looking in to the collars but there is no data at hand but my toon needs to go from epic to legendary that is 750 insignia powder each plus shared of greater power 50 glyph of potency 15 at 50k each and motes 800K each you can buy mystic collars at 1.3 million AD each which is cheaper in time spent as collecting them is a huge waste of time.

I have decided to shelve my alt ranger toon as clearly in is just draining resource from the main. My guild left the alliance for a maga group of failed guilds so I left the guild which makes it much easier to walk away from the game and play for fun rather than advancing my toon to get into the new out of reach content.

As I was farming I was watching the instance population it reached 19 at one point but mostly stayed in the lower single digits. I did how ever run in to a rather controversial tactic. someone was leaving the 2 copper trash in the chests making it so the chest does not disappear and then the next person opens it finds they spent 1 silver 50 copper for a 2 copper trash piece to fill up their bags they in turn leave it for the next and so when this first people clears the whole dragonvale area there is nothing but 2 copper trash in all the chests. people stop opening chests or leave the area or even with luck quite the game and move on to the next game. got to hand it to the person it is brilliant to get rid of competing players for an extremely limited resource. the more people they can get to quite the game the less computation for the limited insignias. I just cleared the chest and sold the trash to the next vendor. I out lasted the person, and the chests went back to mostly being empty. Nothing like using 6 chest pick sets to find a 2 copper piece of HAMSTER in it. 70 percent chance of opening my backside.

I got "bounced" or they said they were "bouncing" the server. I thought they were fixing proto in nebonellyn but no that is still broken no train heroics tell next week I guess if they fix it. Job security if you never fix it right you'll always have a job I guess must be nice to get paid and be so bad at your job. so many reasons to leave the game I wonder what the shareholders thing of the incompetency of the people running this game are. I get the lower people not wanting to be out of work and to make over time for themselves hence the game full of glitches lag and crashes, but the leaders who fail to catch them they need a new job somewhere else, the shareholders need to look into who is to blame.

dooo deee dooo oh well you get what you pay for and free is free if you count your time as worthless how long do you think it would take to gather 31,200 insignias oh and the other ones for the collars?
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2023

how long do you think it would take to gather 31,200 insignias oh and the other ones for the collars?

312 days for 31200 insignia points.

Insignia points cost 1000 AD per in AH.

Farming the greater shards take longer.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Use RC to buy the leg insignia choice packs then mulch them for 250 powder each time. It takes 5 days to buy one pack.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    I don't think I made my point, OK yes I could go and buy Insignias in Auction House for 2,100 Astral diamonds each (1,050 AD per insignia powder) and convert them but take in to mind I am in need of Millions of Astral Diamonds to buy other needed things, things that are 35 million Astral Diamonds in Auction House. I have to in some form earn Millions of Astral Diamonds to buy the needed things so one has to grind content.

Grinding content can be boring repetitious, Yes I could do Reaper's Challenge but that is an elite content grind, those people are there to do a daily task get through the content as fast as possible to race to the end to the chest and then move on to the next daily task from their grind list which can be repeat for up to 60+ alterative characters.

This makes playing the content less fun as the players rush through the content ignoring everything but the path of less resistance. It is the same for all the Dungeons, Skirmish and Trials the game is less about enjoying the content and playing Dungeons and Dragons explore the castle killing the monsters and seek out the treasure chest. It is a mad hatter run pass mobs as the tank has already ran through and left the Damage toons who foolishly stopped and fought the mobs, you either follow the tank or die and be dropped or the tank and party quite the instance and start over complaining about the Noob who did not know how to keep up.

The game becomes Non enjoyable to everyone I avoid doing Dungeons, Skirmish and Trials because of this I want to enjoy my time and be entertained as I play. Performance anxiety, rage issues and being bored from grinding repetitive content in not entertaining.

I can only refine 700K in Astral Diamonds pre account Mystic motes cost 800K each, other things cost multi millions of Astral Diamonds. People play for a bit then at some point become disillusioned figure out they're never going to reach top tier content and then they move on to a game they can.

Ok so some of you like bragging rights "Look I got my toon to 91K!" "I can play Master content with these elite other people!" Maybe pay attention to the names of the people you are playing with there the same people as only an extremely limited amount of people reaches 85K. People who didn't mind accumulating thousands of waking hours online grinding repetitious content running through the same dungeons over and over again just to get a currency to buy something they in turn just convert it into another form a currency. People lying on their death bed bragging about spending a full decade of cumulated hours on leveling x amount of toons to 91ilvl NeverWinter so they could play yet more repetitive content with 10 elite people you call your friends because you spent a lot of time on line with them.

The game is broken by design it is designed to discourage you from playing for free and if you still choose to play for free is costs you dearly in your time. If you Coose to spend a lot of money it makes it very hard to walk away from the game as you spend a huge amount of money crafting your toons. If you spend moderately, you still spend in time again making it hard to walk away.

People are walking away they may come back but after a time and remember why they walked away and then walk away again. I been doing that sense the game first appeared it was a free alternative to World of WarCraft. I played for a day than I relented and went back to World of WarCraft. I came back after I was unable to login to World of WarCraft. When I could afford a new gaming PC I went back to World of WarCraft. If I buy a New computer with a supported graphics card I am going to go back to World of WarCraft. I have over 2 decades in the game and I enjoy that game more.

I would like to thank the people who gave advice on how to level my toon I really did not think there were many here on the forum but Nice to see there are, forums are an outdated format I hear tell I guess I am just getting old funny how time sneaks up on you, you look back and ask where did the time go? I hope my answer is not spending every waking hour grinding on NeverWinter! =P
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    You don't "need" anything from the AH. Especially if the asking price is 35m AD.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mithmyrrmithmyrr Member Posts: 58 Arc User

I don't think I made my point,

The point seems to be you want everything handed to you with absolutely no work on your part, and you will whine and lie to try to make your point. If you don't like the game, then quit already.
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User

I don't think I made my point, OK yes I could go and buy Insignias in Auction House for 2,100 Astral diamonds each (1,050 AD per insignia powder) and convert them but take in to mind I am in need of Millions of Astral Diamonds to buy other needed things, things that are 35 million Astral Diamonds in Auction House. I have to in some form earn Millions of Astral Diamonds to buy the needed things

Your blowing it out of proportion, ofc if your going to be stupid enough to try and upgrade every insignia from uncommon to Mythic your going to lose a lot of time and AD however that's not how most do things now is it, there's no logic in taking a green insignia and spending insignia powder to upgrade it to mythic, the only insignia you should be upgrading are legendarires or the very few new insignia which are very limited, your ignoring that there has been quite a few ways to get the odd legendary insignia for free and now the reaper challenge has made it even easier to farm insignia powder, yes will take sometime still but if you utilize all the free avenues for insignia powder and don't do stupid things like try to upgrade a uncommon fortitude insignia all the way to mythic when you can just buy the Mythic insignia and 9/10 you will be saving yourself more ad by just buying the Mythic insignias you want since the Mythic insignias were realised I have bought 2 from the auction house and upgraded 4, and you know what yeah wasn't looking forward to grind of getting more but since the reapers store started selling the legendary choice packs the grind doesn't seem so bad, I mostly play on PS where the cheapest Mythic insignia is 950k and the most expensive is over 2 million while the choice packs are going for 1.5mil however you cut it it's always more sensible to aim for the Mythic rather than wasting your AD on lower quality insignias for powder. And again if you farm reaper challenge enough you don't need to spend any AD, the spending AD will just reduce your time grinding.
  • Options
    unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    How to stop exodus of players? Simple make good content..All the content for few years now is the same..around 10 fetching quests that you do over and over week by week by week...atm with the new campaign is 10 weeks...boring and repetitive ..then you have some "heroics" that has nothing heroic in them but the patiance of players to force them self to run over every week for years just because some dev told that they only need 1 departament to make them.. You have also dungeons that no one play them because there is nothing worth getting from them unless people have 80k ++ to do the new one and pray not to get a opal from them after 1 hour.
    So what people do..they log in they get their daily key and they might do random que and rc if they find group if not log out and play something else!
    New player experience is trash ...getting from 1 to 20 is a never ending fetch...dont tell me that everyone read the damn quests?! Remember in mod one leveling in game was a mix of doing quests some dungeons and some pvp for low levels..Now if i was new player and i started to play this game i will have all ready quitted before hitting 20.

Making good fun content with some social aspect of interraction is what keeps people in your game and make them support with their wallets no making fetch boring HAMSTER! And thats my opinion.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User

The player base in the game is getting ridiculously low.

Based on what exactly? Queue times? Queue times have been in the trash arguably for years. A great way around that is running pre-made groups.

To me it seems like you are actively encouraging mass migration by your constant tinkering.

As long as copious amounts of ZEN is still being purchased, player population matters less. The ZEN backlog, events, battle passes, limited time items, sales, changes to player progression, etc. all help bolster ZEN purchases... As long as profits are suitable, what incentive does the company have to change things to better serve the player base?... Personally feel this is why the Neverwinter company/devs do things the way they do, (they getting money lol).

So nice I even spent real money, and not a small amount either. Most AAA titles cost around £60-£70 mark (UK Pound btw). I know ive spent at least 4 times that in the 2-3 years Ive been playing. As soon as my VIP expires Im outta here. Considering that the latest and greatest AAA title that's ripping up the sales charts costs less than the last amount of Zen I bought I really dont see any incentive to play a game that hates its player base so much.

The difference between purchasable and F2P games is “cost”. Purchasable games essentially get their money up front, F2P games get theirs over time. Personally have not bought a game within the past 20+ years that was consistently enjoyable to play beyond 3 months (most have not made it past a few weeks). Prior to online updates, video games had to be complete prior to release. Now companies often enough release shells of games and charge consumers even more for the “full” experience. But, players keep spending, so they keep doing it...

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ General Statement *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

The less money a player spends on Neverwinter, arguably the less of the “I didn’t get what I paid for” feeling.

Find a comfortable pace for you to play at, which for the majority of the player base, “probably” isn’t simply chasing iLvl about every 10 weeks (lol). Personally have spent a fraction of time this year on Neverwinter compared to previous ones and don’t feel like anything has been missed because of changes in personal preference of “progression”. Maximizing progress while minimalising time spent playing even further has personally been the goal. It removes a lot of the overshadowing that unachieved progress, tasks, etc. can bring about. There is more to Neverwinter than chasing iLvl (leveling guilds, workshops, other characters, etc.). Sometimes players can do other things to restore any burn out they have experienced.

Yes Neverwinter has a LOT of room to improve, no doubt about that, though personally not simply chasing iLvl every couple of months hoping things get better for the player base. Would rather spend that time on other characters, leveling guilds, etc. And until the player base stands up for what they want by reducing ZEN purchases, the game arguably will continue this wicked spiral it has been in for years…
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Im doing the Reapers whenever it is relatively easy like the cloak tower, I tried it finally for the Mad Magee and was surprised it wasn't to bad. I am trying to upgrade all my collars to the max-it takes 500 of those gems with the pink dot that don't drop to often at the end of a dungeon. I still have the problem moving Rockster, thanks for asking, support mailed me a whole list of things to do to mail to them that would give them the information they need, but I got a new key mechanical keyboard that was so inexpensive they didn't include any information. The info online is for a different keyboard, I love this little keyboard but I can't even take any pictures with it yet so I cant run all the things they want me to if it happens.
  • Options
    nozoidbergnozoidberg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    If I may, expand the question:
    I don't understand absolute why need dungeons? 30 min`s my time for 3K AB?
    It game was turned a session, where you doing 2 dungeons and go to HELL.
    Yes, only once a day two-three dungeons & then please donate.
    Game has half-hundred location`s, most are useless!
    Etc.
    Why generate modules like a mad rabbit, if content unnecessary within a month?
    I like go dungeons, but not for free. I don't want to be stupid idiot.
    Seriously! It's not funny.
  • Options
    Continuing to reduce the benefits of utilizing multiple characters is not a good look as well.

In earlier years players were strongly encouraged to get additional character slots from the ZEN market via frequent character slot sales and various packs that add character slots. Then over time the benefits of using multiple characters has been diminished repeatedly.

*** The list below does not cover changes that affected the use of multiple characters prior to Mod 12b ***

- (Mod 12b) Random queues.
    - (Mod 14) Daily 100k account RAD refining limit.
    - (Mod 15) Removal of salvage.
    - (Mod 15) Professions > workshop changes (it takes longer to do things and characters cannot simply log into the game directly via the workshop, which adds even more time).
    - August 2020? Epic mounts in the ZEN market price reduction to 1500 with no rebate for players that spent around 3500 on them.
    - (Mod 19) Last mod that has a signet of patronage option though Mods 20, 22, 23 and 24 “conveniently” have campaign completion tokens available for purchase…
    - (Mod 20) Campaign rewards being converted to atrocious things like a handful of gold on additional characters even though the same amount/type of effort is required to reach the milestone.
    - (Mod 20) Last time BtA seal vendor equipment was available.
    - (Mod 21) Leveling changes. No rebate for those that purchased the Inscribed Garments box for around 1500 ZEN which is no longer as useful since leveling no longer requires XP and there are scaling shirt and pants available with adventurer’s seals.
    - (Mod 22) All RP being needed upfront to upgrade enchantments, artifacts, etc. Players can no longer move upgradeable items between characters to soak up RP (which also can’t be transferred).
    - Wanderer’s fortune mounts essentially becoming obsolete since RP began dropping considerably more even without the insignia bonus being active and no rebate on ZEN market Wanderer’s Fortune mounts purchased prior.
    - (Mod 22) Last time BoE seal vendor equipment was available.
    - (Mod 23) High AD costs for campaign equipment (upwards of 1kk per character for sets).
    - (Mod 24) Primary seal used for multiple mods.
    - Various event changes.

The more cumbersome and less beneficial having multiple characters becomes, the less incentive players have to utilize them beyond the “simplest” means (invoking/workshops). Player’s with multiple characters are the ones with additional characters that are/can be tanks/healers for queues, campaign currency, influence and shards for strongholds, etc. They are also the players that can run character specific events multiple times over and can help provide others with things like Elminster’s Lunchboxes, Gifts of Simril, Sahha Ticket Balls, etc.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options

The more cumbersome and less beneficial having multiple characters becomes, the less incentive players have to utilize them beyond the “simplest” means (invoking/workshops). Player’s with multiple characters are the ones with additional characters that are/can be tanks/healers for queues, campaign currency, influence and shards for strongholds, etc. They are also the players that can run character specific events multiple times over and can help provide others with things like Elminster’s Lunchboxes, Gifts of Simril, Sahha Ticket Balls, etc.

Well, I found it it is a lot easier to maintain multiple characters than before.
    1. Account wide enchantments. One basic set for all characters (unless you want to add additional to tune).
    2. Less number of enchantments/runestone per character.
    3. More account wide mythic mount and companion. One basic set for all characters (unless you want to add additional to tune).
    4. Workshop is set to like a bot that you can let it run for a long time (until the delivery box is filled and you can empty it without going to workshop) comparing with you had to do profession (max 9 slots) very often per character before.
    5. There is not much to do in every recent mod/event for one character. I need 9 characters (one for each class) to fill the time and I still have many time gap that I have nothing to do.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    greywynd said:

Most players use pre-made groups from guild/alliance/friends.

Yes this is likely a large part, though largely it's also people using "Looking For Group" to find people, or at least a tank & healer before they PUG the rest of the group. Still the problem really got far worse after Dragonslayer, cause now it created a whole new category that was completely separate from the Random Queue's.

They would have been better to create a new Dragonslayer Dungeon (as a specific queue) that you could partially queue for independently, or was then partially filled by the Random Dungeon Queue. Doing that they could have had 3 random dragons show up everybody could Queue for. It would have also been far better if they limited the # of those a character required to queue each week, so you be able to run several character through it more easily.

Most people who have finished Dragonslayer aren't going back to Queue on character's who've finished it. This is because they really went overboard on the damage they do, your lack of ability to avoid many of the massive control powers, and no ability to avoid or get out of several of the damage area's too such a high degree! Cryptic always goes a bit too far to make it overly challenging given the item-level you supposed to be able to start it at and be successful; and as a result they burn out players who try doing it on several characters. Or for the vast majority who say forget it when it comes to running a campaign on more than 1-3 characters! Or when players do finish the campaign, they don't have any interest in helping others do it cause it's a major sink on so many other consumables; not to mention 2 of the dragons completely debuff the 60 minute potions within the first minute.

Still to this day I ran my Tank and my Wizard thru this campaign completely, and haven't even considered running another toon thru. This also is in part to the limited growth as one surpasses 80k item-level and one has to really focus on getting Legendary & Mythic Collars as well as Insignia. That's a lot of powder not to mention several other items for Collars..

*sigh*

The game is deeply flawed in so many ways it is hard to point to all of it. Super complicated upgrades. I was given all my Insignias, collars, enchantments, mounts, companions from a jaded player who just logs in now to get her key and maybe do a season event.

I looked in to upgrading the insignias from epic to legendary and it well take years to farm that many insignias...

It is entertaining to me to walk about killing stuff for now but it gets old quick and there is nothing of interest coming any time soon that is going to be accessible to my 70K ilvl toon, Narbonellyn was open ilvl for a reason there are very few 70k + ilvl toons active.

Sunshine and Rainbows for everyone. =/

The only partial victory is at least Reaper's Challenge helps:

Once you've earned the Companions your require, then focus on earning the Legendary Insignia's... those take 5 days to earn 1 Legendary Choice Insignia, that not only helps you earn Legendary Insignia's, it also helps you later earn 250 powder every 5 days, or 1500 powder a month, or at least upgrade 1 insignia to Mythic every other Month. Yet when you have 15-20 insignia that's still years of work... ...and doesn't include upgrading your collars which also requires a lot powder + greater shards, and glyphs as well + other things.

Still I saw your earlier note (above the one quoted) which you said a friend / alliance member had so many hours required to make 85k and my two Senior toons are only approaching 81-83k myself. It's why I've also said, I really hope this new area that's starts increased from 60k up to now 65k for M27, starts to slow down to 67.5k for M28, and at best 70k for M29. Advancing at 5k a Mod past 65k isn't a good idea for all the reasons stated. :+1:
    hustin1 said:

The last two ten-week campaigns really burned me out with trying to run them on all of my alts and I just can't bring myself to play that much nowadays. I'm also working on a book, and that's taking up a lot of my time. Everyone's situation is different.

Well said, it's why earlier (I only ran two character's thru Dragonslayer) though I did run all 9 through Northdark Reaches; yet when Menzo hit with all the mobs I returned to only focusing on 2 again. That's also all I've done with Demonweb as well, it's just too much to run several through. The core of the issue is once you past 80k you really need to focus mostly on 1-2 character's at the very most.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options

Well, I found it it is a lot easier to maintain multiple characters than before.
    1. Account wide enchantments. One basic set for all characters (unless you want to add additional to tune).
    2. Less number of enchantments/runestone per character.
    3. More account wide mythic mount and companion. One basic set for all characters (unless you want to add additional to tune).
    4. Workshop is set to like a bot that you can let it run for a long time (until the delivery box is filled and you can empty it without going to workshop) comparing with you had to do profession (max 9 slots) very often per character before.
    5. There is not much to do in every recent mod/event for one character. I need 9 characters (one for each class) to fill the time and I still have many time gap that I have nothing to do.

1.) The reclaimable enchantments can be nice for whoever uses them. It saves time with management though when newer enchantments are released those players are faced with buying/upgrading new enchantments anyway and can't trade the reclaimable ones out. Personally just use loadouts to remove enchantments and swap them around via the shared bank along with mount collars and insignias. Since mount collars/insignias aren't also reclaimable, it lessens the benefit of reclaimable enchantments if a player is going to be swapping insignias and mount collars around anyway (they could just do them all at the same time without locking out enchantments from future reconfiguration).

3.) Account wide mythic mounts/companions are great, though it took about 3 years from the first to the tenth mythic account mount/companion to become available while in between players were faced with upgrading mounts/companions via various means... Personally didn't upgrade mounts and companions on other characters and fortunately it paid off years later.

The Redeemed lockbox of 2020 provided the first mythic account mount and the Lockbox of Dark Omens of 2022 provided the tenth (2 years). The Golden companion bundle of 2021 provided the first 4 mythic account companions, the Legends of Neverwinter Companion Bundle of 2022 provided another 4, Dragonslayer's lockbox of 2022 provided the ninth, and the Myconid lockbox of 2023 provided the tenth (2 years).
    Also once the bolster for mounts/companions is 100% there is essentially no further benefit in that regard. Yes not having to upgrade mounts/companions for each character is great though that time and effort saved is often reinvested into other things...

4.) The workshop changes added more functionality though they also added more time and effort requirement to manage and to get them to a point(s) where they require lower maintenance. Artisans and workshop upgrade costs are character specific. Artisans require RNG. Tools become BtC on use. Having to load into a previous zone then traveling to the workshop EACH time. Those things moved the goal posts to another planet in regards to effort/time required for professions. Professions used to be manageable anywhere and ran while offline anyway, that part didn't change. Having multiple workshops is nice and all though when the delivery box is full and all tasks completed, no progress is being made... Of course a player can log on periodically and empty the delivery box though it still takes time to log onto multiple characters to do it, on top of all the other things a player may be doing.

5.) Personally haven't made progress in Mod 24+ on other characters other than for the boons. Spending hours and hours farming currency to then spend millions of AD on campaign equipment every 10 weeks on multiple characters is not the move. That time is being spent on workshops, events and upgrading guilds. Seal vendor equipment is an alternative though takes quite a while to do as well, especially on multiple characters and with the seal being capped weekly. If there was BtA seal vendor equipment then the effort in obtaining it for multiple characters would personally be considered. Might just wait until Mod 27 where seals of the dragon are no longer capped and go for seal vendor equipment then...

There have been positive advancements made, no doubt about that at all though what is being argued is that the setbacks of managing multiple characters is quite steep due to various changes (even in light of the advancements).

Personally don't feel that the advancements outweigh or justify the setbacks, especially time consumption. The time consumption and effort for managing multiple characters has been increased exponentially over the years and is quite persistent while things that reduce it, not as much in comparison. The average player probably doesn't spend hours and hours a day on Neverwinter which is pretty much required depending on the amount of progress one is trying to make and the number of characters they are using.

• Options
    edited October 2023

4.) The workshop changes added more functionality though they also added more time and effort requirement to manage and to get them to a point(s) where they require lower maintenance. Artisans and workshop upgrade costs are character specific. Artisans require RNG. Tools become BtC on use. Having to load into a previous zone then traveling to the workshop EACH time. Those things moved the goal posts to another planet in regards to effort/time required for professions. Professions used to be manageable anywhere and ran while offline anyway, that part didn't change. Having multiple workshops is nice and all though when the delivery box is full and all tasks completed, no progress is being made... Of course a player can log on periodically and empty the delivery box though it still takes time to log onto multiple characters to do it, on top of all the other things a player may be doing.

Not sure why you need to go to workshop at all. The only thing that has to be in Workshop is to set up gathering. I manage profession outside of the workshop most of the time and the task was ran while offline.
    The old profession had only 9 slots. The max delivery box size of the current profession is 30.

One needed to reset all 9 slots one by one every so often comparing with the current (without going to the workshop): type N, click deliveries and then empty.

When all 9 slots were done in the past, there was no progress neither. Now, at least, you can finish 30 things first. Player needed to log on MORE periodically to reset all 9 slots one by one and per character in the past. The effort was exponentially more. Even with gateway available back then, it was still more effort than now.

I currently have max workshop and 7 level 20 profession for 15 characters. It is not because I like grinding. It is because everything can be automated and I could let them run on their own. It just took calendar time. It did not take too much personal time to deal with them. The more workshop I have, the easier to build another one. No, I did not spend my time to use morale to complete the task. I just let the task to take its time to complete it.
  • Options
    Outside of the workshop:
    - Gathering cannot be changed/stopped.
    - Tasks cost more morale.
    - Applications cannot be checked/sorted.

If a player simply use the same workshop setup without changing anything, spending morale on tasks or doesn't know/care about the delivery box bug (more commission costs and materials being used than they otherwise would have) then yes, a player can just empty the delivery box from outside the workshop and be done with it until it fills up again though if a player is actively engaging with multiple workshops then it is not as easy (especially trying to keep the delivery box bug from proccing and eating your gold/materials).

The bug where the delivery box eats gold/materials can add up QUICKLY. If a player is simply running low commission/material cost tasks then it isn't as bad though if they are running higher ones then gold and materials that can take take hours to produce simply going poof doesn't feel good. Also don't remember the bug existing in the previous 9 slot, manual reset profession system lol.

As far as slot count, the new system wins though that isn't really a fair comparison being that the old system was different (lower tier items didn't sell to the vendor far as much as they do currently) and the market was different at the time. If players had to manually reset tasks in the new system there would arguably be less players doing the lower level tasks and "value" of things like gold bars would be higher...

Profession changes are still only ONE thing on a list of 14, the other things are still strikes against player with multiple characters and the new profession system arguably doesn't make up for the rest or even half.