test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Castle Ravenloft graphics bugs

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    They all need fixing, but CR sisters fight with the invisible pools is the urgent one.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    dafusch1337#1435 dafusch1337 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    As its all same issue - the point was: Its not getting better, but worse - players get that issue on more and more places which worked without bug before. It was more to relate to other bugreports and at same time a statement about the competence of developers.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    We've already had this discussion before. It's a different issue. Can you not hijack the thread about the CR sisters pool bug please. It's too urgent and too important to be bogged down with superfluous stuff. There are other threads about the other issues, go write about those in there.

@percemer we need to know what is happening with this issue please. It's urgent.
  • Options
    @percemer @ambassadorkael#6946 can we have an update on this please. This is urgent, please do not just ignore us like this.
  • Options
    @percemer @ambassadorkael#6946 When's it getting fixed please?
  • Options
    luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    castle ravenloft is such a horrible dungeon due to so many bugs that happen on this dungeon

the very first boss, with the sisters, the red pools are so bad and stupid u cant even see them or they are half cut off and dont even show up
    this has been in this dungeon for months , almost years by now.
    the first boss fight is just horrible due to the bugs. and this dumb dungeon is always picked in RADQ random que and so many people hate this dungeon. this dungeon needs a serious look at. we also really need way more then 4 dungeons in a RADQ, been 10 years and only 4 , gotta move some dungeons from RDQ to RADQ.

sometimes at the last boss when you have the sword and u have to use the bubble not to die, sometimes that will bug out and not even work and u die.

for the love of god fix this crappy dungeon. if there is anymore bugs that i cant think of right now post it here people and get this HAMSTER fixed
    Post edited by luffyhaki123 on
  • Options
    I have asked them so many times to fix it, a few of us have, and they keep ignoring us in fact I came here to post that it's still broken as of today. It was reported months ago, they said they would look into it and they've been radio silent ever since. It's an urgent problem especially when it's part of the Reapers rotation, but they can't even be bothered to respond to questions and can't be bothered fixing it. Let's try again and you'll likely see what I mean: @percemer @ambassadorkael#6946 Can we have an ETA on when this will be fixed please.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    It's still broken as of today, can we have some response on this urgent issue please. @percemer @ambassadorkael#6946 People just abandoned it again due to the invisible pools in the sister's fight.
  • Options
    @percemer @ambassadorkael#6946 another 6 days with no response, any news on when it will be fixed? Surely they know something or it's on a calendar to be done somewhere with a rough timeframe for completion.
  • Options

@percemer @ambassadorkael#6946 Your continued silence and refusal to even respond and say "sorry but we have no extra information at this time" (basic and easy to do) only makes it look like the company doesn't care about the players who are all suffering this infernal dungeon at the moment and having their Reapers queue ruined. How long has it been since this problem first happened now? It's becoming a long wait. Months? Maybe the devs don't play the game as much as they say they do and therefore don't understand how big this particular bug with Castle Ravenloft really is. It's huge. It's extremely disruptive. People leave the instance because of it. It spreads bad feelings all over throughout the game. You may wonder why some players get salty and sometimes may seem to have a bad attitude, but this is exactly why, right in front of your nose. It's a long history of no communication between the company and the players when something is broken. Not even an acknowledgement like "we're still working on it but we can't tell you any more". We spent a long time hoping things would get better, we had all the good-will in the world, but after a certain amount of time of the same treatment over and over again even the most patient of people, the most dedicated of Neverwinter players, start just getting so disappointed and annoyed and grumpy with the continued ghosting. Do you know how many players left the game over the years exactly because of this attitude from the company here on the forum? It's extensive. They waited and waited and waited for something to be looked at which was broken and get some kind of feedback and information to come their way, but no-one seemed to care enough to ever bother replying so they just stopped caring about the game. I'm actually trying to help you guys if you hadn't noticed, this is something which hurts the game's image and the companies reputation and has for years. It takes nothing to communicate back to players in a timely manner.

I'm trying to get some sort of info so I can spread it to the community when we find ourselves in one of these disasters, which is regularly, or to mention it in PE zone chat when it's brought up, and hopefully it might make some of them feel better and not get so disheartened or angry, give them some much-needed optimism and even keep some from giving up waiting and leaving. Do you actually realize how bad this is making people feel? I'm trying to help. But even with this new recent change which promised a more inclusive administration, it seems pretty much business as usual. Nice one.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

We apologize for the delay. We don't lose track of the issues that have been escalated, but we need to prioritize some of them, and some issues also require more time to be fixed.

This issue should now be fixed soon, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Thank you again for your patience and your understanding!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    ty. At least we now have something to say to others if they are frustrated and disappointed.
  • Options
    there's more?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    My post got removed ...AGAIN!!! This was posted before rocksters comment. Why was it removed????

Finally got a grp to run it once again myself. Here you see the bushes and grass stretching over the area on different poweruse.

The pools are flickering more than before and its hard to focus on the fight with all those grafic bugs.
    https://youtu.be/c115XawO8TQ

On top it was getting laggy at times. Fx. we had a pushback once we killed the witch , and when we approached the "red" we got a second push and failed the dps check due to that. Have it on record but its waste of time as there are more pressing issues than those randoms bugs caused by server performance.

Now there is an issue with grafic from Wraith as well now. Those from players warlocks and the ghosts lookin like a pink wraith.
    https://youtu.be/_852F3NAazI

Wizard seem also to create bigger grafical issues in that run. Kaas promised me to upload his clip tomorrow. (he ran with wizard and warlock) and it looked horrible and had way more bugs than my run.

Post edited by dafusch1337#1435 on
  • Options
    edited August 2023

• Options

My post got removed ...AGAIN!!! This was posted before rocksters comment. Why was it removed????

Finally got a grp to run it once again myself. Here you see the bushes and grass stretching over the area on different poweruse.

The pools are flickering more than before and its hard to focus on the fight with all those grafic bugs.
    https://youtu.be/c115XawO8TQ

On top it was getting laggy at times. Fx. we had a pushback once we killed the witch , and when we approached the "red" we got a second push and failed the dps check due to that. Have it on record but its waste of time as there are more pressing issues than those randoms bugs caused by server performance.

Now there is an issue with grafic from Wraith as well now. Those from players warlocks and the ghosts lookin like a pink wraith.
    https://youtu.be/_852F3NAazI

Wizard seem also to create bigger grafical issues in that run. Kaas promised me to upload his clip tomorrow. (he ran with wizard and warlock) and it looked horrible and had way more bugs than my run.

I believe this effect with the grass and vegetation is caused by the Minotaur companion. He does it all the time to anything vegetation when I use him when he spins so I recognize this effect. But I was loathe to report it because I think it's an issue with the sheer ferocity of the pull and if they try to fix the graphics issue they may end-up nerfing the companion's abilities.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Maybe.... These issues are new and came after last patch - same as the pool issue appeared after a patch 8-9 month ago, which we also reported right away. The devs should be able to find out with these reports - if they would care.

These "screensobs" aint related to CR but show thats its a buildin mechanism (where emittereffects go nuts)

The dungeon wasnt touched and "someone" managed to even f*** it up more. Cryptic devs showing off their skill. The next step in the streak of incompetence would be to take it out of the game as they cant do money with it and need to invest time on old content.

But I was loathe to report it because I think it's an issue with the sheer ferocity of the pull and if they try to fix the graphics issue they may end-up nerfing the companion's abilities.
    /Quote

I completely understand your thought there rockster :D@Percemener Is this what the "team" wants? Players are afraid of your "fixing" (i think its understandable). Thats what i would call a bad reputation.

• Options

i mean, come on. its your nr1 bug list. fix some and hope to earn back some players. DO NOT FOCUS ON OTHER BOGUS LIKE "CLASS BALANCING" TILL THE GAME RUNS SMOOTHER, THIS BS IS TEARING UP THE GAME LIKE A INFECTION. IT CAN NOT HOLD, with less than 800 players per day it is not smart to be nerfing ANY THING any time soon.
    I can not express the importance behind the following, i see it as a most important warning!: Focus on the ACTUAL bugs and ACTUAL issues that keep stpreading, multiplying and cause certain bits of the game to be less and less enjoyable PLEASE!
    you do not have the amount of players to start messing with them personally by adding new nerfs /systems and the like as they tackle the players WHILST YOU HAVE A LIST OF OPEN BLEEDING WOUNDS TO TEND TO!!!
    i really hope you will take this message serious, this is costing you daily players as is.
    i hope this post will be read and taken serious, youre pushing many of your players away, it hurts to see the game bleeding out.

~Kaas Keizer

https://youtu.be/WUzPfXByIhU

Wow Kaas you made a nice clip there. I would LOVE to see that stream you mentioned (Dare the devs to play it), and pls also with facecamera to see their reactions.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    percemer said:

Greetings,

We apologize for the delay. We don't lose track of the issues that have been escalated, but we need to prioritize some of them, and some issues also require more time to be fixed.

This issue should now be fixed soon, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Thank you again for your patience and your understanding!

Regards,

Really, Percemer.

While this is most problematic in CR, it is a general problem. In several places the red fields are floating in the air and making things harder, for instance Malabog endboss dragon, Valindras beams in VT, the lava at MSP first boss, the mines at FBI Turtle. This is the same type of problem we have with the red goo in CR, the Z value of the red fields is too high or too low.

Something systematic happened to your client/data, and overall this is reducing the quality of the game so much that this really should be a #1 priority for you to get fixed on the system level.

It is creating most problems in CR though. I have however had deaths in other zones from it too, as floating red fields makes it a lot harder to assess where they are.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the issue started back when the central pillars in cloak tower etc were floating above the floor and we had to jump up on it or whatever it was, remember? The central pillar was all out of whack and we had to clamber all over it to move to the next floor. Suddenly things started floating in the wrong places elsewhere too. They fixed the main issues with the staircases, but there were still other things remaining which floated up above the ground as you have mentioned. First one I noticed was the runes in FBI I think. I was hopeful they would fix all of them but here we are all this time later. Sometimes I like to imagine it was some kind of malicious act of sabotage where an employee about to leave went and buggered-up a whole bunch of maps just to give the finger to the company, but I do have quite a wild imagination.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

I believe this effect with the grass and vegetation is caused by the Minotaur companion.

Gromp Baenrae, does it and the Ape too. (I think the Shadar kay witch also) I am sure if we where able to mount up, the deepcrow would trigger it also. Maybe the power of the tank as well, but from what i can see in Kaas clip - there was no companion nor power involved first time it happened.

Something systematic happened to your client/data, and overall this is reducing the quality of the game so much that this really should be a #1 priority for you to get fixed on the system level.

I think they swapped to different system, ~9 month ago. But at this point I think its not only a system issue. Its just my opinion, and i am sure there are many excuses to be heard. (maybe only a copy paste answer) Imo its the head of development that needs to take the blame.
  • Options

I believe this effect with the grass and vegetation is caused by the Minotaur companion.

Gromp Baenrae, does it and the Ape too. (I think the Shadar kay witch also) I am sure if we where able to mount up, the deepcrow would trigger it also. Maybe the power of the tank as well, but from what i can see in Kaas clip - there was no companion nor power involved first time it happened.

I think they swapped to different system, ~9 month ago. But at this point I think its not only a system issue. Its just my opinion, and i am sure there are many excuses to be heard. (maybe only a copy paste answer) Imo its the head of development that needs to take the blame.
    Yea my tank rides the Deepcrow and when he mounts-up outside the workshop the bushes go nuts.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I think it is an awful dungeon anyway, it takes so long to finish it, the first fight in the courtyard and the last one with dracula is just a drag.
  • Options
    Tong seems much longer.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Reminder:

It's too urgent and too important to be bogged down with superfluous stuff.

You are devaluating the bugreport with you opinion about how you like the dungeon.

Ill repost Kaas vid as this is related and important and shouldnt be skipped imo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUzPfXByIhU
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Where ever have I said I have a soft spot for this effing dungeon??? I care no more or less about CR than any other dungeon, but this one is one of the most urgent bugs to be fixed and the most infuriating because people abandon it due to the sisters bugged pools at the start and especially in Reapers it is causing a sht-ton of headaches for players. This sisters bug can make the game completely unplayable.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    U misunderstood what i ment. I ment that this isnt about anyones opinion about CR (what ppl think about how good or bad the dungeon is) I refered to your comment to point out that its vital to get it fixed (with your words) rather than starting a discussion in this bugreport section and devaluate the importence of a fix. Because... as longer this thread gets as less chance there is, that anybody will read the whole thing.

PS: to make it more clear - with "you" i didnt wanna target you directly, i actully ment everyone above
  • Options
    ok just ignore me, i'm having a really bad day lol.
  • Options
    This issue has finally been fixed and I can finally forget all about it, thank F. Should be going live very soon now. Apparently a lot of the other issues of floating things like Kabal and Valindra etc should also be addressed. Let's hope.