test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter PC downtime

Comments

• Options
    roku#3001 roku Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hi folks! So, this is a good example of our states of frustration tolerance... some are railing against the capriciousness of life, some are entitled and demanding compensation, some are fighting with each other in comments. This is such a nonproblem. Some people are wondering where they will sleep tonight, or whether they will be able to eat, or worry about being killed by bombs or gunfire. Yes, I've checked several times to see if things are back up, but now I'm going to live more of my life.

Thanks for working on the fix, I'm looking forward to playing soon.

Trolls, feel free to reply :) What you think is really, really important to me, so don't hold back...
  • Options
    ferndalemole#3311 ferndalemole Member Posts: 1 New User
    Good time to dust off the books, break out the mini's and shake up the dice :*)
  • Options
    iamfungasiamfungas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User

the trouble will be sorted out...

• Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    Wish You all the luck with bringing them up again!

It would be fun to have game back on weekend
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2023

can you stop spamming those images? It's getting really old and not helpful nor productive.

I did not spam, it was posted only once after 1 long hour of wait as a joke and soft protest.
    All with the idea that maintenance or fix is usually within 2 hours.

But I agree with you, it's been over a day. Those images became spams as a result. Rules changed. People are now expecting some 1 week or 1 month fix because "that's how it is working in an IT company".

I have to agree with them. Perhaps their 10 year old server has finally broke down. They have to get HR approval, management approval and all that kind of thing to buy a new server, to document the backups and what not. The bigger the company the slower the process will be. It's good friday and I'm sure HR and others are enjoying their holidays.

It's up to their love and commitment for the company. If they see it as only a job, we will not be getting the game up anytime soon. Although the theory of company complications stands true, I've seen many IT services being carried out on holidays, on weekend and fixes done in few hours. It can be rushed, it can be done.

You've seen the neverwinter interview, the twitch, and everything. Hopefully it's not just for show and marketing. Hopefully they truly love this game.
  • Options
    raymark#0909 raymark Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    roku#3001 said:

Hi folks! So, this is a good example of our states of frustration tolerance... some are railing against the capriciousness of life, some are entitled and demanding compensation, some are fighting with each other in comments. This is such a nonproblem. Some people are wondering where they will sleep tonight, or whether they will be able to eat, or worry about being killed by bombs or gunfire. Yes, I've checked several times to see if things are back up, but now I'm going to live more of my life.

Thanks for working on the fix, I'm looking forward to playing soon.

Trolls, feel free to reply :) What you think is really, really important to me, so don't hold back...

Let set the records straight. I never demanded anything .. they themselves said there will be compensation for our time and frustration. All I did was speculate and mention factiously what I would love to have as compensation and then warn others what the likelihood of the compensation would be given past history. Don't get you hopes up that compensation will be much of anything, and IF they do give something nice it will be a pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    malakahi13malakahi13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    But pathology. I haven't played for several years. I'm back (playing about 20 days) and unfortunately I'm seeing the same problems as always.
    After the attack on the players (module 16) and the conversion of the game (at a later stage) into an ATM, they did not draw any conclusions.
    I always said CRAPtic was 10 years behind all other game developers. Only greed remained the same.

It's not crying or hating this company. It's just feelings collected over +/- 10 years.

The only thing missing is the opinion that it's the players' fault (because if it doesn't work, they call it just a game, and if they introduce sick $$ extortion mechanisms, it's a business).

For me, they can no longer turn on the servers. Never.
    The game has turned into... a disgusting monster
  • Options
    herne25herne25 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Despite the server being up again now my main character still wont load - I have a lot of time & money invested in this character how do I get it back?
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Server's up!
    GO GO =)

They love this game! They are doing all they can to bring it up asap. Respect!
    Post edited by irene#2829 on
  • Options
    horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    how nice I took everyone for a ride and I lost two VIP keys
  • Options
    sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

The lack of communication is worse than the actual downtime. If you have no idea how long. Tell us, "We have no idea how long." ... Please manage the community as well as the servers.

*Edit* Launcher just turned green. Wish me luck, If I don't post back, I'm in. LEAVE ME ALONE!

That's 100% what's bothering me the most!
    Also the fact that only some players have received a gift from the devs and most of us have not...
    Roll out the rewards THEN go live. Not go live then slowly give out the gifts.
    That only causes more frustration.
    I get that problems happen but lack of communication is ridiculous especially when they have a supposed community manager... who should ummm.... ya know... manage the community?
  • Options
    tanthalaz#3626 tanthalaz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    i would love to know how they decided who was impacted to give the recompensation to . i crashed numerous times loading / patching into an instance and i got no recompensation but others did ... crazy
  • Options
    lordchamp55#2217 lordchamp55 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Any endeavor of this scope should have backups to the backups and multiple layers of protection from this type of downtime. Stuff happens. Things fail. However, those things must be planned for and in the system BEFORE they happen. That then allows you to quickly recover WHEN it does happen...and it will.

This is definitely evidence of poor planning and execution. In any sane world, heads would roll. This is embarrassing for any company. It is the kind of thing that DOES bring about the end of companies because of the lack of trust in their ability to deliver their product as they say they will.

So is this indicative of major problems with this company? Possibly. At best, it begs that question be asked by all of us that give them our time and money in return for their product.

We as customers deserve better from companies. Can and will this company deliver? Time will tell but at this point, it is becoming more doubtful as the minutes tick away.

Hard questions need to be asked and answered, especially by we the paying customers.
  • Options
    christanes#1948 christanes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This game is unpalayable. Still freezing and lagging, what is this?
  • Options
    jeronimo#2062 jeronimo Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Folks, it appears that we're back. Thank you SO much for your patience.

All NW Adventurers on PC will be getting a thank you package of four Keys, one week of VIP access, and 300k refined Astral Diamonds. It should be coming to your mailbox, but the rollout may take some time.

Wow, thank you ! i just need NW so bad right now, need to get my head out of real life for a couple days.
  • Options
    horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    things quest scam you have to be logged in since march 28 to get the reward without 48 game? i want an explanation.
  • Options
    goldensbridgegoldensbridge Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    the real question on the compensation..is why have some gotten it allready and others havent?
  • Options
    synthetichamsyntheticham Member Posts: 1 New User
    Lol gonna have to re download the whole game after waiting a long time
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User

All NW Adventurers on PC will be getting a thank you package of four Keys, one week of VIP access, and 300k refined Astral Diamonds. It should be coming to your mailbox, but the rollout may take some time.

Nice, not bad.
    It's always a bit of a nice boost~
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Awesome, that's much more than I expected or even would have suggested myself, look forward to patching myself in later tonight! Also, Qapla from the STO forums Kael ^w^
  • Options
    uhglok#9624 uhglok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    just a word of thanks to the team that worked to solve the issues and get us back to playing and also for the gifts for the down time enjoy your easter!
  • Options
    mrpike#4473 mrpike Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm getting the error again - Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly.
    Played this morning (GMT) with no problems.

These are the errors I am getting in ProcMon:

• Options
    Rebooted, it auto patched and I am now in again. Cheers.
  • Options
    stigmata888#8200 stigmata888 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Still Crashing or getting black screen.
    Error codes:
    2023-04-08 12:45:52: Executable GameClient.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51f410
    2023-04-08 13:02:58: Executable GameClient.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51f47f
    2023-04-08 13:07:29: Executable GameClient.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51f4a2
    2023-04-08 13:33:20: Executable GameClient.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51f532
    2023-04-08 13:33:20: Executable GameClient.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51f533
  • Options
    sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Same error as before, cannot get into the game even though it's green light. My husband can't get in either.
    Are the devs even aware and are they going to fix it?
  • Options
    Crashed again, now can't get back in. HAMSTER weekend for the devs.
  • Options
    nuclearninja1nuclearninja1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    Played fine yesterday; but today it patched and now I get game client: client quit unexpectedly. Did forced verify and it still keeps trying to patch at every login.
  • Options
    jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Yep it is back. Probably for another 2 or 3 days again.