Options

Neverwinter PC downtime

Comments

• Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Campaigns don't reset today, so only loss is progress time which can be made up quickly.

Well you just made me think about the battle pass... I guess we can build up three dots for three days and still catch up later, but more than three days and we start losing the chance to progress.

• Options
    iconicrocodile#4827 iconicrocodile Member Posts: 1 New User
    i never played and was going to start yesterday XDDD i just have bad luck lawlll hope it gets fixed soon so i can start my neverwinter adventure :D
  • Options
    sneakyskinkysneakyskinky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Really hope they make this up to us somehow. This is my only time to play today, so what of my ad? What of my daily key? Just lost some of the value of vip and a day of ad I wont get back?
  • Options
    goozfabbagoozfabba Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"draco#9866" said:
    > This is quite unprecedented. Can't recall any game server being off-line for so long :(

WOW patch 4.1....
  • Options
    Just give 7 days VIP will do. Up to player's luck to win something good or nothing at all.
    Giving items and rewards will just damage the economy or hinder their store sales. It's a lose-lose solution. I hate the store but it's actually important to keep the servers alive.
  • Options
    murad001#1450 murad001 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Why is this game not coming? such a care has never disappeared in a game. It's like there's something going on that we don't know about.
  • Options
    mrpike#4473 mrpike Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Are we there yet...? Most pointless question ever. To the devs working on this sunny weekend, probably in their own time and missing their own family/neverwinter time, thank you. Work the problem guys, work the problem. Lets Science the HAMSTER out of this ;-)
  • Options
    I'm tired of turning the game on and off. Can't you give an exact time? :/
  • Options
    brickbrain99#4058 brickbrain99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Back in old EQ days, the servers would go down, no info, no real forums...we would wait hours, sometimes days
  • Options
    airpgaairpga Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Still down, back to "Neverwinter's servers are currently down for emergency maintenance" and flipping between Client unexpectedly closed." and Ërror 2: File not found".

so any chance of an update as to what happened and how long you guys are gonna take to get the servers back up?
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    airpga said:

Still down, back to "Neverwinter's servers are currently down for emergency maintenance" and flipping between Client unexpectedly closed." and Ërror 2: File not found".

so any chance of an update as to what happened and how long you guys are gonna take to get the servers back up?
    This was only posted a few hours ago and is likely as current an update as we'll get until this evening.
    percemer said:

Good morning!

As our Executive Producer said, we apologize for the unexpected Neverwinter PC downtime and issues. There was a significant internal server issues affecting most of Cryptic's games, and the fix to said issue was slower to deploy than we had anticipated.

Due to said delays, we have opted to bring our PC servers down until we can insure a consistent experience for all players. We will have compensation packages for all PC players (regardless of whether or not you saw the issues) rolled out once we can bring the servers back up reliably.

It remains difficult to name an exact ETA, but we are doing our best to restore the servers in the afternoon or evening.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience!

• Options

percemer said:

Good morning!

As our Executive Producer said, we apologize for the unexpected Neverwinter PC downtime and issues. There was a significant internal server issues affecting most of Cryptic's games, and the fix to said issue was slower to deploy than we had anticipated.

Due to said delays, we have opted to bring our PC servers down until we can insure a consistent experience for all players. We will have compensation packages for all PC players (regardless of whether or not you saw the issues) rolled out once we can bring the servers back up reliably.

It remains difficult to name an exact ETA, but we are doing our best to restore the servers in the afternoon or evening.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience!

Let hope this compensation package is worth the long down time. Ill take a mystic lightning combat gem! A few choice packs for mystic insigs, a new assassin companion account wide and just to tip it off a 5 pack of mystic motes.

Not getting my hopes up though cause my experiences with previous compensation packages are things like a 50 stone of health.
    I am more interested in my dam 2 days worth of keys from my VIP, Even if I can not play I try to login all 3 of my accounts every day to collect those keys. Bonuses are always nice but want my 2 days of keys then anything else is just Gravy to me...
  • Options

I think the game is still down now.... I hope they come up with some good compensation for the downtime... Like a coalescent mote for each hour of downtime.... that would be nice... or an extra week of VIP for everyone

Dreaming a Bit there aren't we? LOL but yea would be great as need about 30 of those things right now LOL
  • Options
    zessa#2836 zessa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I appreciate the updates and wish them the best of luck with the fixes.
  • Options
    Is the company bankrupt? :/
  • Options
    yomightdietryingyomightdietrying Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Died and was resurrected on the third day .....funny cicumstances.

• Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @percemer said:
    > Good morning!
    >
    > As our Executive Producer said, we apologize for the unexpected Neverwinter PC downtime and issues. There was a significant internal server issues affecting most of Cryptic's games, and the fix to said issue was slower to deploy than we had anticipated.
    >
    > Due to said delays, we have opted to bring our PC servers down until we can insure a consistent experience for all players. We will have compensation packages for all PC players (regardless of whether or not you saw the issues) rolled out once we can bring the servers back up reliably.
    >
    > It remains difficult to name an exact ETA, but we are doing our best to restore the servers in the afternoon or evening.
    >
    > Thanks again for your understanding and patience!

Thank you very much for the update. It is appreciated. This sounds like a major systems failure, with server replacement, data recovery, synchronization and recovery. Not a small task.

My apologies on behalf of those of us who are more even minded. Some have posted so narcissistic, self centered, borderline psychotic rages about compensation and loss of play time. Some of them sound like addicts raging when they don't get their game drug. I have lost VIP time and at least 3 keys plus event currency in Neverwinter alone, plus STO as well. Whatever. Not that big a deal. If you can help great.

Best of luck in systems recovery. Standing by to assist.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    shivoneshivone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Exactly my feelings tancrediv

• Options
    yomightdietryingyomightdietrying Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    You are great customer than,pay and dont get what you bought.Mabey your wallet is fat and its nothing for you,but i dont think most of players are same like you.
    Dont judge coments and people behavior.
    Dont measure everyones by your measue.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Post edited by irene#2829 on
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    why happened did cryptic get hacked?
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    I want 6 months of VIP which will bring me up to max VIP, and level 7000 armor (each piece) and for my last wish since the servers were down a million dollars.
  • Options
    masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    tom40s said:

I want 6 months of VIP which will bring me up to max VIP, and level 7000 armor (each piece) and for my last wish since the servers were down a million dollars.

Lol, even with these sarcastic compensations, I still believe some people will come up and ask for something more lol.
  • Options
    poetsrefuge#3862 poetsrefuge Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've played MMOs since the original EQ started and downtime is just something to expect, especially with games this complex. Whatever I miss I'll make up. I'll be happy to get whatever toys are given out for this but honestly, I'll be just as glad to see the server come up.
  • Options
    andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Sadly a days gameplay lost,Yes i do play every day :)