test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter PC downtime

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 56 Community Manager
Neverwinter's servers are currently down for emergency maintenance. We will bring the game back up as soon as it's ready.

Also, whew, what a first post for me to make as I'm helping around here, now. :)

Comments

• Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    Trial by fire! Wishing the team well on the fixes.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    It went from bad to worse.. used to be 'Client unexpectedly closed', now it is 'File not found' during patching :)

I guess that is proof some hard work is being done - and during Easter holidays as well.

Good luck to your tech team - I am sure they are feeling a little bit stressed right now. Being down during Easter is double bad - lots of people off with time to play.
  • Options
    draco#9866 draco Member Posts: 3 New User
    Still down, back to "Neverwinter's servers are currently down for emergency maintenance" and flipping between Client unexpectedly closed." and Ërror 2: File not found".
  • Options
    uliphant#1374 uliphant Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Neverwinter's servers are currently down for emergency maintenance. We will bring the game back up as soon as it's ready.

Also, whew, what a first post for me to make as I'm helping around here, now. :)

So long and thanks for all the Fish (Douglas Adams) Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I only wish I had time to add a Char (steel dragonborn) named zaphod beeblebrox, prior to your celestial departure

• Options
    ps, its Phew not whew... as in we phew we happy phew, we band of brothers..... once more unto the breach, shall we never train from mod to mod again
  • Options
    evarez#8371 evarez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Отличная информация
  • Options
    Its not like you can speak Putin's native tongue and be relevant to D&D, Unless you speak for negating earths history of misogynist conquest
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User

can we expect any recompense for this bunghole gumbo?

VIP Key and Daily Event items... Some things are on timers...
  • Options
    aslan#5649 aslan Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Been HOURS and still no update? What kind of support/social media team do they run?
  • Options
    noxatreyunoxatreyu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    ERROR 2 FILE NOT FOUND
  • Options
    jettblack#0801 jettblack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @"aslan#5649" said:
    > Been HOURS and still no update? What kind of support/social media team do they run?

I'm Feeling it too - just came back from holidays hoping to smash out all day today
    missing my keys, sales on auction, and workshop omg the work shop.
  • Options
    mojoe#6725 mojoe Member Posts: 1 New User
    24 HOURS..
  • Options
    draco#9866 draco Member Posts: 3 New User
    This is quite unprecedented. Can't recall any game server being off-line for so long :(
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

This is quite unprecedented. Can't recall any game server being off-line for so long :(

I remember that in one of the Tales of Old events there was a similar problem, there was maintenance and soon after another emergency. It was humanly impossible to do the dungeon 5x (it was the dungeon that gave the chance to buy the darkned journal) and that's why I only managed to get the artifact in my GWF, this one was missing in my GF collection.

• Options
    unuldurunuldur Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    How long will take it?
  • Options
    lolilevebylolileveby Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Good luck fixing the game to all those hard working lads and lasses.
  • Options
    andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Thx for the update.
    Good to see some compensation.ok best get back to housework.:)
  • Options
    faldaril#4027 faldaril Member Posts: 58 Arc User

It happened some years ago for LOTRO, if I remember well it took 36 hours of maintenance.
    "Siamo solo delle piadine in mano hai potenti della terra" (Cit. Complottista Anonimo Facebook)- Professional AoE Tester - Doom of Healers and Tanks
  • Options
    besharbeshar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi Percemer and thanks for an offcial update on this.
    Does it make sense to let the current flood of patches happen or will there be a single final patch once the issues are resolved?
  • Options
    mordo#7577 mordo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    i
  • Options
    mordo#7577 mordo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I've been here the longest with neverwinter. and so on, a rare novelty that once again something is broken, as well as the new module and the rest, nothing new in the module map 2 bhe a few small ones and that's it, what is in each .best regards KRAKEN
  • Options
    raymark#0909 raymark Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    percemer said:

Good morning!

As our Executive Producer said, we apologize for the unexpected Neverwinter PC downtime and issues. There was a significant internal server issues affecting most of Cryptic's games, and the fix to said issue was slower to deploy than we had anticipated.

Due to said delays, we have opted to bring our PC servers down until we can insure a consistent experience for all players. We will have compensation packages for all PC players (regardless of whether or not you saw the issues) rolled out once we can bring the servers back up reliably.

It remains difficult to name an exact ETA, but we are doing our best to restore the servers in the afternoon or evening.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience!

Let hope this compensation package is worth the long down time. Ill take a mystic lightning combat gem! A few choice packs for mystic insigs, a new assassin companion account wide and just to tip it off a 5 pack of mystic motes.

Not getting my hopes up though cause my experiences with previous compensation packages are things like a 50 stone of health.
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I'll post a dio pic every hour until it's fixed

• Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    I won't even pretend to know what happened. I know that I played Thursday night (East coast US time) and logged off at around 8:30PM. Looking forward to a 4 day weekend of Family time and some Neverwinter time as well.

Hopefully the game comes back today at some point. We once had Caturday, that was a fiasco. Now we have Bunnyday.
    The Team will fix this. Best thing we, as players, can do is support them and not fail to understand that they are real people with families that they may want to spend time with over this holiday weekend, and if the game is offline for a few hours/days, so be it. Fairly certain that the world will not end because of it.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    freeguy21#7693 freeguy21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I think the game is still down now.... I hope they come up with some good compensation for the downtime... Like a coalescent mote for each hour of downtime.... that would be nice... or an extra week of VIP for everyone
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User