What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    30 gigs of my 60 gigs monthly cap now wasted after at least 20 attempts because your patch server keeps losing connection.
    Post edited by b3nstone on
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Mine just crashes when attempting to patch.
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    nope still down

[0407/204910:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(2083)] Corrupt Index file [0407/204910:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(43)] Unable to move the cache: 0 [0407/204910:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder F:\Games\Cryptic Studios NWN\cef_cache to F:\Games\Cryptic Studios NWN\old_cef_cache_000 [0407/204910:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(221)] Unable to create cache [0407/205017:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(2083)] Corrupt Index file [0407/205017:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(43)] Unable to move the cache: 0 [0407/205017:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder F:\Games\Cryptic Studios NWN\cef_cache to F:\Games\Cryptic Studios NWN\old_cef_cache_000 [0407/205017:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(221)] Unable to create cache

2023-04-08 02:43:10: Executable Neverwinter.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51eb59 2023-04-08 02:43:50: Executable Neverwinter.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51eb5e 2023-04-08 02:45:08: Executable Neverwinter.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51eb63 2023-04-08 02:45:45: Executable Neverwinter.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51eb66 2023-04-08 02:50:33: Executable Neverwinter.exe crashed. Crash ID: 51eb82
  • Options
    handofhensonhandofhenson Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Another patch at a random time and ... this time the client launches, cannot get to the character screen though.
  • Options
    handofhensonhandofhenson Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    ... and fixed already. Well that was brief anyway :D
  • Options
    achterhoeker1957achterhoeker1957 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Have the same issue , no fix yet , did a RC this morning no problems , but atm : Version mismatch .
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    Within the last hour I have been disconnected more than 10 times. I would be playing and then I'm looking at the login screen. Or I would be playing and then get the SNR banner across the top of the screen.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Force Verify in the launcher Options solved the issue for me, so try it too.
  • Options
    chada#8427 chada Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    And Again patch kill the game! WTF????
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited April 2023

And Again patch kill the game! WTF????

I can confirm. The problem is back.

I attempted to log in and the game patched. Then right back to the same issue.

I managed to log in the same way I managed last time. I deleted the contents on my "live" folder and then copied the contents of my "Playtest" folder into it.

I then logged in normally with no patch. Exactly what happened last time.

Well at least they have an idea what the issue is this time, so hopefully it will be a quicker fix.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yay! More compensation!!! (jk)
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Does anyone have the link to the Neverwinter (official) discord server please? It seems that last time that's where all the actual information was coming from. Ty.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    adoendithas77adoendithas77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    And... I can't log in again.
    Keep getting a little window that says trying to update launcher. Tries 5 times then crashes.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Keep getting a little window that says trying to update launcher. Tries 5 times then crashes.

Same here xD
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    generalbeogeneralbeo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User

Me too...
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    ...and me
  • Options
    raymark#0909 raymark Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Attempted to run RC this morning well after the "fix". Patch issues patching MC and now I cant login to game at at. Now I am perpetually stuck in Cryptic's launcher window on startup " Trying to connect 1 2 3 4 5 times" fail.

Wish you all luck in your future patching.
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 208 Arc User
    Again, can´t log in
  • Options
    amaru213amaru213 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yuuup, broken again
  • Options
    adoendithas77adoendithas77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Crashed this morning then in the middle of loading into RTQ. Haven't been able to log in since. Keep getting the same loader issue.
    Dammit Cryptic, I just wanted to play & have a relaxing day.

Guess that's not happening.
  • Options
    amaru213amaru213 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User

Crashed this morning then in the middle of loading into RTQ. Haven't been able to log in since. Keep getting the same loader issue.
    Dammit Cryptic, I just wanted to play & have a relaxing day.

Guess that's not happening.

I was in RTQ too, 2 ppl were DC`ed, then 3 more got crashed and after 5 minutes it is impossible to launch the game

• Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 208 Arc User

• Options
    snukuponyasnukuponya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i cannot patch at all. it fails to update the launcher and says to contact tech support.. anyone else?
  • Options
    uhglok#9624 uhglok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    had just finished rtq was entering rc malabog when it stopped patching and froze and waited 10 mins now wont connect to launcher says contact technical support check my internet connections it is nothing on my end
  • Options
    achterhoeker1957achterhoeker1957 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    same .
  • Options
    georgelaiaconageorgelaiacona Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ditto. Continuing issue trying to get the game loaded. Unable to connect to patch server.
  • Options
    yes just made a seperate report cuz i got froze entering malabog rc and now it wont connect to launcher and it isnt my internet or comp
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Well, everything was working just fine... and now it's broken again... i guess it's time to pack another compensation pack.
    Finally a really long weekend, and we can't even play the game most of the time.

Any official word on what has gone wrong this time?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    terrek41terrek41 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Literally just went into my first dungeon after about 20 minutes of play. Got stuck in a loading screen for about 10 minutes. End-Task the game, go to reload it.. patch server is unable to connect. Tried cycling the dsl modem. Rebooted computer, same issue. I'm a returning player, from about 7 yrs ago. They STILL have these problems and can't seem to fix it? This is my 2nd day back, i'm definately NOT IMPRESSED.
  • Options
    exact same thing happened to me trying to enter rc