test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    There's literally thousands of views on this thread and the tweet they did, this is huge.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    jvalllsg#9349 jvalllsg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    WARNING When apply next pach pc BLOOOOOW :-) Is joke jajajaja
  • Options

• Options
    jvalllsg#9349 jvalllsg Member Posts: 8 Arc User

But I thinking will do jajaja
  • Options
    launcher is now updating itself.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,292 Arc User
    It is running slowly. It is already 15 minutes since.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    That could be the bad patch. The launcher is not patching yet since it was itself refreshed.
  • Options
    bajaresident#3792 bajaresident Member Posts: 28 Arc User

• Options
    The launcher patched itself and when it appeared it was slightly different the red announcement was in a different font. Then it patched itself a second time and when it came back the font was correct again, so they've been doing something with the launcher itself.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well, whatever it has just patched, it does not look promising. I know the server is still down but I should not still get this message.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    STO is coming back up.... uh.. guys?

• Options
    Yea I think you got what everyone else got, the endless patching loop which does nothing.
    What I always do when there is a server patch is wait til the server light is red and the server is down (tick) then I close the launcher and just keep re-opening it. At some point it will automatically apply the patch, at the moment it's just sitting there saying 'play' which means it hasn't patched for me yet.
  • Options
    midilamidila Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Neverwinter still down cold. No patch but launcher reloaded.
  • Options
    I don't know who Kali Gold Gaming is, but they seem to know what they're talking about and they're quoting something in the twitter thread from somewhere else in replies to NeverwinterGaming and I'll post it here:

"We apologize for the unexpected Neverwinter PC downtime and issues. There was a significant internal server issues affecting most of Cryptic's games, and the fix to said issue was slower to deploy than we had anticipated."

"We do not have an ETA for the servers to come back up, but it is not 'soon'. We are expecting a 4+ hour downcycle, with distinct possibility of it running longer."

"Due to said delays, we have opted to bring our PC servers down until we can insure a consistent experience for all players. We will have compensation packages for all PC players (regardless of whether or not you saw the issues) rolled out once we can bring the servers back up."

"To provide one last piece of commentary, the issue was not related to Module 25 - Menzoberranzan. It's an unrelated internal server issue that hit multiple Cryptic games at the same time. We shouldn't need to do anything like a rollback or such."

Link:
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    OK, now the launcher is patching game files automatically. But I had to restart my computer to do it. I was doing the shutting and opening the launcher thing to see if it would patch and it tried to update the launcher for a third time (40-something MB I think it was) but it told me there was a locked file and it would not complete the update. I tried it a second time and same thing. So I shut down my computer and restarted to clear all files in use and this time it first did the update and then opened the launcher successfully, and is now patching. Once it has patched I'll leave it open, and sit and wait for the light to go green and then try to log in.
  • Options
    I closed the launcher and opened it again to see what would happen and now it's patching again so maybe it's still broken.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The launcher has just been updated to a new version.

It was:

Now:

I assume the launcher was built on April 6, 2023 17:12 Pacific time.

After login, it started patching and then I got:

• Options
    new launcher, same error

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Force Verify appears to be working properly now, it just does the mirrors without patching the entire thing all over again, so that's positive. I've done it three different times over half an hour to make sure it's not a fluke and it's the same every time now so looks like that is fixed. Still waiting for the server to come back online.

Edit: I did it again and now it's patching the entire thing again so ignore what I wrote above.
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 208 Arc User
    Wow, 24 hours now of being able to log in.
  • Options
    *not being able to log in.
  • Options
    mr420ohhyeamr420ohhyea Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Let me guess, 1 astral lock box or wait for it, 25 Companion tokens. You guys better step it up this time. I have had little time to play in recent weeks and I FINALLY have some time to play. I am not trying to be rude or anything of that nature. But the CS has sucked for so long and the slaps in the face seem never ending. Maybe the "makegood" this time could be something cool or even AWESOME. How about 2k zen for anyone logged in the past 24 hours. I dunno,just spitballing here. I mean really guys. Show us some LOVE PLEASE. We all love it here, which is why we stick around no matter how much you try to push us away. Sincerely, A concerned zen purchaser.
  • Options
    crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2023

Let me guess, 1 astral lock box or wait for it, 25 Companion tokens. You guys better step it up this time. I have had little time to play in recent weeks and I FINALLY have some time to play. I am not trying to be rude or anything of that nature. But the CS has sucked for so long and the slaps in the face seem never ending. Maybe the "makegood" this time could be something cool or even AWESOME. How about 2k zen for anyone logged in the past 24 hours. I dunno,just spitballing here. I mean really guys. Show us some LOVE PLEASE. We all love it here, which is why we stick around no matter how much you try to push us away. Sincerely, A concerned zen purchaser.

Yeah i feel ya, i work alot and have hard to get time to play.
    Now, i have some real weekend off for a change.. and this stuffs happends.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I think we all deserve a special title like they had for Caturday.
  • Options
    horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User

mmm
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I should have bid that cheap coal with 24 hours left in AH.
  • Options

I think we all deserve a special title like they had for Caturday.

Maybe a "Hell of a patch" cloak?
  • Options
    chada#8427 chada Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well, get the hell out of it! Why are you throwing it in? They've been writing this for 30 hours. They're probably already packing up your money and getting ready to leave. And let them HAMSTER OUT