What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Well, started NWO this morning, it downloaded a small patch for the game launcher, and is currently downloading a bigger patch for the game, but i have to wait and see if i can continue playing when the server is back up again.

Anyway, there were also two patches for STO, but i still can't start the actual game, and it's re-downloading the game patch every time i restart the game launcher.

Edit: Restarted the NWO game launcher in hope of may be being able to logging in and grabbing the daily lockbox key, but it's going back to the missing two files error again - i guess i'll be playing ESO until they've finally fixed their bloody mess here.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well, they could start with bringing back the free ViP time bundle for anyone that couldn't get it before everything went up in flames, and then add something nice on top of it...

Just saying, a lot of us have ViP time ticking away right now, so giving something like that back would be the least they could do.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    11:00 it's 11 a day to fix a problem never seen a game with all these problems hope they give me an explanation and compensation for this and not some health stone HAMSTER
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I'm fuming, I stayed awake so long because I thought I could still get my chicken dailies done for my 9 characters before reset, but there's no way I can do it now, time has run out. I can't do it in 45 mins and now I'm a day behind. WTF are they doing.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Good morning!

As our Executive Producer said, we apologize for the unexpected Neverwinter PC downtime and issues. There was a significant internal server issues affecting most of Cryptic's games, and the fix to said issue was slower to deploy than we had anticipated.

Due to said delays, we have opted to bring our PC servers down until we can insure a consistent experience for all players. We will have compensation packages for all PC players (regardless of whether or not you saw the issues) rolled out once we can bring the servers back up reliably.

It remains difficult to name an exact ETA, but we are doing our best to restore the servers in the afternoon or evening.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience!
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    I hope it's not the usual health stone I have vip active and I want my vip key back in exchange I can only accept a 4 slot mount XD
  • Options
    Well, thank you for the update, looks like i can get back into STO, hopefully NWO will be fixed soon too.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    balufunke said:

I think we all deserve a special title like they had for Caturday.

Maybe a "Hell of a patch" cloak?
    They better create something new though, I already have the Caturday cape from the rollback 10 years ago
  • Options
    if it continues like this, I'll lose two keys if they don't solve it even today
  • Options
    generalbeogeneralbeo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I just looking for another MMO, thx for nothing, a long weekend for Neverwinter but they can't event fix theier servers.
    If it's still down till tomorrow u will lose a 10years player.

Thanks for nothing
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Just to let devs know: If the issue was that some people did not get the error message during the patching process, you successfully fixed it.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    2 days to understand how a keyboard is made, we are ridiculous that they haven't solved the problem yet.
  • Options
    nightstalker#9108 nightstalker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    The last time I was able to login was Tuesday evening April 4th, it's now Friday April 7th. I've lost faith now that it's been 3 days, I've slowly been losing interest in the game anyway, what with all the reworks and the so-called class balancing which makes one OP class and has kind of made the DPS melee class obsolete in the new end game trials, to the point that lately I can't even get into trial groups unless I'm running a wizard, I think it's time to find a new game.
  • Options
    zessa#2836 zessa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I think it is a good time for me to do some chores I've been putting off. :#
  • Options
    generalbeogeneralbeo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Just found another MMORPG, quit this game for sure guys
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    Pity the poor gamer on a metered connection.
    Patch, re-patch, patch again, and now re-patching what looks like the whole game being downloaded - 14 gig at 73% so far.
    Wonder how much this 'free' game is costing them this month?
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Mine can't even start the launcher at the moment, unable to contact the patch server. Maybe that's progress...
  • Options
    csseccssec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Server redundancy
    Server redundancy refers to a measure of setting up backup servers to support a primary server. For example, a site hosted on a single network server without any backups is not redundant. A redundant or backup server is essentially a mirror image of your primary server. - Cutting costs Cryptic?
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    Patched a good amount of Byte, but still can´t connect. Well, the error message doesn´t show up anymore, only the tries of failed connections, 9x :)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    cssec said:

Server redundancy
    Server redundancy refers to a measure of setting up backup servers to support a primary server. For example, a site hosted on a single network server without any backups is not redundant. A redundant or backup server is essentially a mirror image of your primary server. - Cutting costs Cryptic?

I don't think server redundancy could have solved this particular problem. The server was not down for a long time until they decided to bring it down late Thursday. The problem started more or less on Wednesday. I personally did not have problem until Thursday morning.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    For whatever it worth, there is some progress (I know the server is still down).

I get to this screen.

• Options
    uhglok#9624 uhglok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    hehehe i think they've all fallen asleep trying to figure out what they broke
  • Options
    meanrage1meanrage1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am beginning to think that they had a major hardware failure.
  • Options

Only this so far....

• Options
    edited April 2023

I don't think server redundancy could have solved this particular problem. The server was not down for a long time until they decided to bring it down late Thursday. The problem started more or less on Wednesday. I personally did not have problem until Thursday morning.

percemer said:

Good morning!

As our Executive Producer said, we apologize for the unexpected Neverwinter PC downtime and issues. There was a significant internal server issues affecting most of Cryptic's games,

Yeah, according to the man it is ....
  • Options
    Yes, everything will be slow to "get".
    My launcher was updated last night.
    I login this morning. Then, it took forever to patch (which it has been doing again and again many times in the last 2 days).
    I did not expect much. Finally, it finished. I clicked 'Play' and did not get the 'usual' "Unable to load game client' error message this time.