test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter PC downtime

Comments

• Options
    murad001#1450 murad001 Member Posts: 6 New User
    My guess is either the company went bankrupt or was hacked. Because maintenance and repair of an internal server (by the most rookie engineers) takes a maximum of 5 hours.
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    finally got a connection with no error missing folder message patched just fine
  • Options
    mrpike#4473 mrpike Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I've played MMOs since the original EQ started and downtime is just something to expect, especially with games this complex. Whatever I miss I'll make up. I'll be happy to get whatever toys are given out for this but honestly, I'll be just as glad to see the server come up.

Farming giants for toes....
  • Options
    jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

My guess is either the company went bankrupt or was hacked. Because maintenance and repair of an internal server (by the most rookie engineers) takes a maximum of 5 hours.

Go get some fresh air, you'll feel better. It's Easter weekend. There are more important things than the game servers in life.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I believe they made some progress as even the game launch is not opening for me anymore. :#
  • Options
    me either
  • Options
    fernandoelisei#7199 fernandoelisei Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Neverwinter's servers are currently down for emergency maintenance. We will bring the game back up as soon as it's ready.
    >
    > Also, whew, what a first post for me to make as I'm helping around here, now. :)

I really don't care for the possible rewards, a 7 day VIP is already great as I've been playing Neverwinter too long to know that in one day, two maybe even three days of insane Farming I wouldn't get a good and valuable item to sell on the auction house, what I really expect is an honest answer about what caused all this delay and not just standard "we had issues that have been fixed" responses.
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    I was kind of kidding poetsrefuge but really kind of sucking up arnt yah
  • Options
    I can not play neverwinter or star trek online my head is about to explode
  • Options
    prodigy72#5934 prodigy72 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Now I cant even start the Cryptic Launcher.... what the F.... is happening there ? I just wanna play Neverwinter :(:(:(
  • Options
    well anyway I am a nurse on night shift I guess I will go to sleep, maybe it will be up tomorrow. :anguished:
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    tom40s said:

well anyway I am a nurse on night shift I guess I will go to sleep, maybe it will be up tomorrow. :anguished:

Stay and suffer with the rest. Don't cheat. :p
  • Options
    unuldurunuldur Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Cryptic is getting beat, day 3 and Neverwinter is still broken. "Congratulations", really "great work".
  • Options
    tindeellistindeellis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Any updates on the maintenance? The game has been down all day. Annoying on a Bank Holiday :(
  • Options
    andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    gonna watch D&D movie and Avatar.adios
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    The game client is fixed, you can log in to enjoy background menu music, but server is still down.
  • Options
    freeguy21#7693 freeguy21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Sometimes I can login into the GameClient, but then its broken again.... CRYPTIC, FIX YOUR STUFF... how hard can it be ?
  • Options
    I've been here 6 hours today trying to get in and still nothing
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Thanks for your last update please keep us posted. Thanks
  • Options
    I think there is a situation that is not shared with the players. The players don't deserve this cruelty.
  • Options
    > @"gromovnipljesak#8234" said:
    > I work as a dev. I know how deployments go.
    >
    > You're just outright wrong. Some of the deployments I've worked on with a team of seniors took a few days, and that's for a website.
    >
    > It can be *very* hard to get things to run properly. Environments are tricky to work with. I don't know what they have working in the background, but even the tiniest things can <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> things up. Say a host has updated the minimum requirement for some dependency - a website can take anywhere from a few hours to a month to update. Now scale that up to a game, with much more intricate systems.
    >
    > Please don't talk about things you clearly have no knowledge about.

Well, sir... then why is someone or someone in authority using the term open-ended time instead of probable time! In computing, maintenance and repair times on internal servers are minimum 2 - maximum 5 hours, right?
  • Options
    freeguy21#7693 freeguy21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    still nothing works, what a mess up...
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

can you stop spamming those images? It's getting really old and not helpful nor productive.
    He or she is just showing their displeasure that the game (perhaps the favourite) is off. Let's be honest, nothing we do or write here on the forum will not help the team at all. Perhaps if a possible time or date of the return was transmitted, it would raise spirits, but perhaps not even the maintenance team knows when this will be possible.
  • Options
    brickbrain99#4058 brickbrain99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    being an old guy, and long time gamer, i know two things, the trouble will be sorted out, and we will all play again
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2023

> @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > I work as a dev. I know how deployments go.
    >
    > You're just outright wrong. Some of the deployments I've worked on with a team of seniors took a few days, and that's for a website.
    >
    > It can be *very* hard to get things to run properly. Environments are tricky to work with. I don't know what they have working in the background, but even the tiniest things can <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> things up. Say a host has updated the minimum requirement for some dependency - a website can take anywhere from a few hours to a month to update. Now scale that up to a game, with much more intricate systems.
    >
    > Please don't talk about things you clearly have no knowledge about.

Well, sir... then why is someone or someone in authority using the term open-ended time instead of probable time! In computing, maintenance and repair times on internal servers are minimum 2 - maximum 5 hours, right?

You're assuming it's a physical server maintenance issue. It likely could be anywhere from a dependency upgrade to data corruption.

If they went under, there's no point delaying the announcement so it's not that. If they were so easy to "hack", they would've been under years ago.

Also, lmao "cruelty". It's a HAMSTER game, touch grass or something.