test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG: Workshop Collection Box eats gold and mats and doesn't say sorry.

2»

Comments

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Issue was brought up in last week's report and during the live sync-up meeting for escalation.

Please let us know how they plan on compensating everyone. It would not be a stretch to say 1,000,000,000,000AD (or more) has been *knowingly* removed from the community since mod 15. That's ~3 years, on 3 platforms, affecting every single player who has ever used the 'as many as possible' option

I personally have accounted for ~100,000,000 lost. If converted to AD viav 199.99 for 23,000z, and sold the Zen for 750, I would be owed $1159.36. If accounting for the years when Zen was not 750, it's closer to $2700.00. 3 genie gifts and 2 enchanted keys isn't going to work this time...
  • clearenxr72#2608 clearenxr72 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks for informing us about the bug. I don’t think I lost much ad to it compared to how much AD I have made crafting. If you could update masterwork to stay relevant with upcoming increases to item level, along with this bug fix I would be happy.
  • guy#1161 guy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Issue was brought up in last week's report and during the live sync-up meeting for escalation.

Awesome glad to see this is being noticed and escalated. I'm also curious on what resolution would be available for those of us who unknowingly lost thousands of dollars worth of ad from this bug.

Leading up to the release of sharandar masterwork, i had invested a massive portion of my wealth into mastercraft, were talking years and years of playing and thousands of dollars spent (buying zen) on the game to basically become "rich" in game. I think before mastercraft was released I had somewhere around 1500 displacer beast whiskers, 1500 shards of dawn light, 1500 shattered snowflakes, the vos specific drops which on average were around 150,000 astral diamonds each. That's nearly 700,000,000, not to mention all the chart specific materials etc.

So when mastercraft had just released, I never really paid attention to my materials because I knew I had a surplus. After just a couple days I ran out of displacer beast whiskers and often had to buy only those from the auction house. Fast forward a couple months, my overall stockpile of resources has diminished to the point where I'm paying attention to my materials and am also AD broke, I didn't understand how this was even possible as with every other mastercraft I've done quite well. Well the day I noticed the bug, I was attempting to make a barbarian offhand for a buddy, I had like 29 whiskers, I sent the task to the box and came back awhile later, the task succeeded and I received my 2 woven whiskers (I already had two, so this gave me a total of 4) which allowed me to attempt the crysteline ornament task, I cook the task and dabhand proced so I received 4x +1 crysteline ornaments, the remaining woven whisker had disappeared but I didn't really know what happened and was excited because I had enough ornaments to attempt the offhand 2x which was exciting because I figured my friend was getting his offhand.

I send the task to the box run some dungeons and see the order completed, so I check the box and it failed, in addition to this, the 2x remaining crystline ornaments were now gone.

This ONE instance, I lost 2x crysteline ornaments, 1x woven whisker, and 14x displacer beast whiskers, along with various other items which aren't as impactful so I didn't take note. At that time I calculated my losses from the bug for attempting this one weapon to be around 20 million ad, for one weapon attempt. Previous to this exact moment I had no idea the bug existed, so I have absolutely 0 clue how much ad this bug has cost me, all I know is I used to consider myself "rich" in game (only because I've spent so much money on zen throughout the years) and now I don't ever even have enough AD to put in my zen offers. This bug has literally bankrupted me in neverwinter.
    Been almost a month since Julia said it was reported (Oct 17th). Can we get an update?

I've lost a few more million AD from this bug. ~3m on a Crystalline ornament, and probably 12 or so smaller items from not reaching my delivery box before it was full
    @percemer @nitocris83

Can we get an update on this? These bugs were reported several times in Mod15 beta and also the live launch, and many times since then. Mod15 released on 2018-11-06, that's over 4 years now....
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    The only thing they ever say is "will escalate!" as if that means anything at all. -It's throwing a crumb of hope at the players but in reality it means nothing will necessarily be done about it. Tbh I think these guys mean well but they're met with some idiot egocentric devs at the other end who just do not have any intention of fixing a whole bunch of things and think they're above everyone else including the law. One thing I've found with the Stronghold stuff is that if something has been a problem for a long time, as in years, rather than it turn into a priority because that's what would be a normal approach, it actually means the longer it is broken the less likely it is they can be arsed to do anything about it and the more likely it is to stay that way. Time is not an indicator of importance to them.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    my guess is they no longer have any devs that can fix it .. they'd have to start from the ground up.. but like most bugs in this game.. it'll prob never get fixed, just replaced.
    edited February 2023
    @nitocris83 @percemer @terramak

Can we get an update? I'd like my 300,000,000+ back sooner than later...
    Post edited by masteroga on
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Greetings,

I will escalate this issue tomorrow and check its status (because today is a public holiday in the USA)
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    edited March 2023
    > @percemer said:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I will escalate this issue tomorrow and check its status (because today is a public holiday in the USA)

Update? This is biggest impact bug in the entire game. You guys often fix player benefiting exploits in ~1 day after being reported. Meanwhile this exploit for the company hasn't been fixed in 1,582 days (2018-11-06)