Install Arc
Options

Official: Bard fixes coming to Preview

Comments

• Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    #4: Arpeggio + Diminuendo + Arpeggio Fortissimo
    Arpeggio (At-Will) + Diminuendo (Feat) + Arpeggio Fortissimo (Class Feature) does not start the heal magnitude at 200 and decrease by 20 to a minimum magnitude of 100. It appears the heal magnitude stays constant at 200. This is not working as intended.

Arpeggio (At-Will) + Diminuendo (Feat) does start the heal magnitude at 500 and is reduced by 50 magnitude for every 1 second it is channeled, to a minimum magnitude of 150, as the tooltip states. This is working as intended.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    #5: Reprised Carol: Heal and Reprised Carol: Critical Severity with Pianissimo Feat
    Reprised Carol: Heal (source: a Reprised Carol song) and Reprised Carol: Critical Severity (source: Gambler 5th Feat) healing magnitudes are not 100 magnitude as stated.

For reference, Rejuvenating Carol (160 magnitude with Pianissimo), Reprised Carol: Heal, and Reprised Carol: Critical Severity are shown below.

It appears Reprised Carol: Heal's magnitude is 80 and Reprised Carol: Critical Severity is less than that.

• Options
    luizgustavovluizgustavov Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@rgutscheradev

#1: Sheltering Etude Critical Severity
    Sheltering Etude is not properly benefitting from Critical Severity. My calculations put Sheltering Etude critical heals at approximately 25% of the value of the player's total Critical Severity percentage. For example, if the player has 60% Critical Severity, Sheltering Etude critical heals will heal for approximately 15% more than non-critical heals. This is the case with and without the Pianissimo Feat. The critical heals should be 50% of the player's total Critical Severity percentage.

#2: Song Tooltips with Pianissimo Feat
    Rejuvenating Carol tooltip incorrectly displays a Heal Magnitude of 80 instead of 160.
    Defender's Minuet tooltip incorrectly displays the Heal Magnitude of 2000 instead of 1600.
    Sheltering Etude tooltip incorrectly displays the Heal Magnitude of 600 instead of 480.

Pianissimo Feat tooltip displays the correct Heal Magnitudes.

This class is really weird. I was arguing with someone yesterday. Songs are not benefiting from a lot of bonuses
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Maybe I missed it but is there a way we can heal outside of our group. Think someone mentioned that when doing heroic encounters we are unable to heal anyone

This is looking like a very popular request.

I'll see what we can do here. I hope to have some news early next week.
    As it stands, Arpeggio (At-Will) is the only "reliable" way to heal outside of your group. Mystifying Strikes feat works IIRC but really, that doesn't count.

I'm unsure if any of the Bard's other healing options really lend themselves to working outside of a dedicated group from a mechanical standpoint currently although I think Sheltering Etude would be the best option overall:

- Set a target cap of 10.
    - The heal is decent.
    - It actually has a built in benefit in the case of another Minstrel overwriting the song once it's WAI. Providing a heal and resetting the effect.

But again as I pointed out in my earlier post, none of this matters without the Flying Proc. Text option being actually added to the game like it was supposed to be. Neither Console has it and I don't think PC had it fixed either.
  • Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    tgwolf said:

But again as I pointed out in my earlier post, none of this matters without the Flying Proc. Text option being actually added to the game like it was supposed to be. Neither Console has it and I don't think PC had it fixed either.

I'm confused about this. Are you saying the option doesn't work? Or that it doesn't exist? This is what I see in my options screen.

That's on PC. Is it maybe missing just from console?
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2022

Maybe I missed it but is there a way we can heal outside of our group. Think someone mentioned that when doing heroic encounters we are unable to heal anyone

Oh, this is great, I understand this is a time versus resources issue.

But, playing a Minstrel in the Adventure Zones just "feels" really bad. All of the other healers have abilities to contribute in meaningful ways in ungrouped combat, like Heroic Encounters. People want to feel like they're having meaningful contributions in a game like this, and that is not being fulfilled for Minstrels as it stands.

As a time vs resources, if we could at a minimum have Rejuvenating Carol effect a range versus a group, it would be a huge improvement. But it would feel really satisfying if all the Minstrel AoE songs were just a ranged effect, and we could share the Storyteller buffs.

It just feels like both from a game play standpoint and also a lore standpoint (if you can hear the song you get its effect) that, this is how the class should work. I can only speak for myself, but when I first was playing the Minstrel, I know I expected my buffs to be ranged AoE and felt really disappointed when they weren't.
    Post edited by x10110100 on
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Some Minstrel feats are also only group wide (like Storyteller). Is it possible to also have a look into these please?
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Anyone post picture of improved Loremaster?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    We are losing the effect of forger's box when you change loadouts on the bard.

Edit: Happening sometimes.
    Post edited by luizgustavov on
  • Options
    > @rgutscheradev said:
    > I'm confused about this. Are you saying the option doesn't work? Or that it doesn't exist? This is what I see in my options screen.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's on PC. Is it maybe missing just from console?

On console we only have 4 options under interface:
    Buff Sorting Order
    Show group life
    Show player life
    Show minimap

Gameplay has 5 option:
    Invert X camera
    Invert y camera
    Camera shake
    Control look sensitivity
    Aoe target assist

The rest of options menu only deals with sound, text chat, and whatever Limit Frame Rate does (looks the same to me whether on or off). The NOTIFICATIONS menu has 0 gameplay related items (there's one called oddly enough gameplay announcements, it reads "announcements that come from in-game sources. This includes Lock Box announcements". It is ON by default, but all procs/triggers still do not display)
  • Options
    masteroga said:

> @rgutscheradev said:
    > I'm confused about this. Are you saying the option doesn't work? Or that it doesn't exist? This is what I see in my options screen.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's on PC. Is it maybe missing just from console?

On console we only have 4 options under interface:
    Buff Sorting Order
    Show group life
    Show player life
    Show minimap

Gameplay has 5 option:
    Invert X camera
    Invert y camera
    Camera shake
    Control look sensitivity
    Aoe target assist

The rest of options menu only deals with sound, text chat, and whatever Limit Frame Rate does (looks the same to me whether on or off). The NOTIFICATIONS menu has 0 gameplay related items (there's one called oddly enough gameplay announcements, it reads "announcements that come from in-game sources. This includes Lock Box announcements". It is ON by default, but all procs/triggers still do not display)

Options
    Interface
    HUD
    Show player Triggered Power Names - ON
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    #6: Flourish + Songs

#6.1 Aurora Fantasia and Aurora Finale do not benefit from Flourish's 50% increased healing potency.

#6.2 Sheltering Etude does not gain the "snapshot" benefit from Flourish, whereas Rejuvenating Carol does. If Sheltering Etude does not proc within the 9 second Flourish duration, it will not receive the 50% increased healing potency. Alternatively, if you play Flourish before Rejuvenating Carol, the 50% increased healing potency snapshots for the entire Rejuvenating Carol duration.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    > @luizgustavov said:
    > Options
    > Interface
    > HUD
    > Show player Triggered Power Names - ON

Its not there Slick. Only have:
    Buff Sorting Order (changes how the 3-4 buffs by your name are listed)
    Show Group Life
    Show Player Life
    Show Minimap
  • Options
    splashman85#4717 splashman85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev I dont know why not anyone talked about this, but the Senerade encounter affects the target of DM song. Meaning that once you mark someone with Serenade the song will always target them even if not the player with lowest hp. If this is intended feature I dont mind, but it should be part of the tooltip of Serenade. When I was a new bard it was a struggle to figure this out and very annoying in first few dungeon runs. It is also a make or break deal if you want to use the encounter.
  • Options
    dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    > @splashman85#4717 said:
    > @rgutscheradev I dont know why not anyone talked about this, but the Senerade encounter affects the target of DM song. Meaning that once you mark someone with Serenade the song will always target them even if not the player with lowest hp. If this is intended feature I dont mind, but it should be part of the tooltip of Serenade. When I was a new bard it was a struggle to figure this out and very annoying in first few dungeon runs. It is also a make or break deal if you want to use the encounter.

I'd say that Serenade in general is a bad encounter. I prefer running Dancing Lights/Duet - Flourish - Bassline. Serenade forces your emergency heal onto one person and the healing increase is just not needed for your single target powers. It'd just be better off to be like paladin's encounter which gives the person 50% healing done from any healing.
  • Options
    fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    I think this "could" be a hidden nerf under the name "buff".
    I'm sorry I haven't tried this on prewiev yet, because I'm paying you to do these tests.
    But I can only say from my 2 days bard experience that the frequent use of "Aurora Fantasia" - "Aurora Finale" which you call the "tab bug" was the only reliable Aoe heal Bard had. Rejuv. Carol, I think it was just a joke. A song I played just to activate the Story teller feat.

Gaining action points is nice, but it will add little to the Aoe heal inventory of Arpeggio Fortissimo, Aurora Finale, and Rejuv Carol. Of these three, only Aurora Finale was effective. Others spend too much "Performance".

I would like to make a clarification to make the situation a little clearer. It never occurred to me to use Aurora Final for aoe dps. Because I'm a healer, I statted fpr this purpose, why would I seek damage? I used the zen market to bring the bard to level 20. When I read the tooltip for Aurora Fantasia, at first I thought it was a damage-dealing skill, not a healing skill. That's why I tried to heal a few dungeons with other powers. The results were abysmal. Then I watched a healer's video on the internet. He was using Aurora Fantasia and had activated the "Play It Back" feat. After trying the same, I found that this skill (Fantasia) is actually a great aoe heal. Frankly, other than that, there's nothing that makes the bard interesting. Class is much more difficult than other healers.

I also used this skill with "Encore" and noticed that sometimes I can activate "Tab" all the time. But I thought this was due to "Play It Back".

My request from you is: If you're going to fix this "bug", please add more than 20% chance to reactivate by Play It Back.

And one more thin: It would be great if you also give us the option to record our own songs with the "freeplay" mode and download the sheet music as .text.
  • Options
    > @fabricjumper said:
    > I think this "could" be a hidden nerf under the name "buff".
    > I'm sorry I haven't tried this on prewiev yet, because I'm paying you to do these tests.
    > But I can only say from my 2 days bard experience that the frequent use of "Aurora Fantasia" - "Aurora Finale" which you call the "tab bug" was the only reliable Aoe heal Bard had. Rejuv. Carol, I think it was just a joke. A song I played just to activate the Story teller feat.

Now you have Sheltering Etude and double the healing from Rejuvenating. In groups I should get 140-150k HoT on DPS (w/o rusted iron) as on myself it's 133k.

Encore + AFF was effectively locking people out of other songs, sure you may have an AoE heal but you don't get anything else. Ever tried Arpeggio Fortissimo when really needed? I use Sforzando usually because one tap on Arpeggio is usually enough to heal one-person to over half of their HP.

Bard has amazing AoE healing now, just because they fix a bug that people abused doesn't mean it's a nerf. Now you can focus on buffing your party better.
  • Options
    fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User

> @fabricjumper said:
    > I think this "could" be a hidden nerf under the name "buff".
    > I'm sorry I haven't tried this on prewiev yet, because I'm paying you to do these tests.
    > But I can only say from my 2 days bard experience that the frequent use of "Aurora Fantasia" - "Aurora Finale" which you call the "tab bug" was the only reliable Aoe heal Bard had. Rejuv. Carol, I think it was just a joke. A song I played just to activate the Story teller feat.

Now you have Sheltering Etude and double the healing from Rejuvenating. In groups I should get 140-150k HoT on DPS (w/o rusted iron) as on myself it's 133k.

Encore + AFF was effectively locking people out of other songs, sure you may have an AoE heal but you don't get anything else. Ever tried Arpeggio Fortissimo when really needed? I use Sforzando usually because one tap on Arpeggio is usually enough to heal one-person to over half of their HP.

Bard has amazing AoE healing now, just because they fix a bug that people abused doesn't mean it's a nerf. Now you can focus on buffing your party better.

Well, if you want to buff the party in other ways, you can continue. So what's wrong with putting a previously released skill on par with other skills instead of reducing its impact?

I tried At-Will, I didn't get the result I expected. I'm new to Class and maybe I'm missing some pieces. I'm a person who likes to see everyone's health bar full green. If I don't see this, I get annoyed. A skill that activates by itself after the HP drops to 50% and is active for 1 minute creates stress on me. I think it is really more comfortable and convenient to activate a song (Fantasia) and actually play the game (that is, to damage with at wills and dancing lights), while checking the life bars of the party members and pressing "tab" if someone is dangerously low. And I guess Aurora Final's range is slightly higher than at-will heal. There were times when I couldn't keep up with the people I wanted to heal. So it's kind of a matter of personal preference.

I think instead of saying it's a "bug" and "we're destroying it" it's more reasonable to say "we made a mistake here and we're fixing this skill a bit". Because there may be people (like me) who are used to this skill.

• Options
    I think we should focus on first bugs and then Quality of life changes and maybe buffs. Until they fix the bugs we won't know for sure if bards need any changes
  • Options
    > @fabricjumper said:
    > Well, if you want to buff the party in other ways, you can continue. So what's wrong with putting a previously released skill on par with other skills instead of reducing its impact?

I've healed CoK on my bard and the only issues I had with my way of playing was my own rust and lack of experience on healing that particular trial.

Remember that now Rejuvenating will be healing for 2x of what it was healing before. If you manage to get Warden's Muse, that's 60s of Rejuvenating.

Minstrel is not a DPS, DL I use to debuff boss and Duet to stun mobs. AFF is a nice heal, now Sheltering will proc the heal on recast which is way faster than AFF.

Arpeggio Fortissimo I use in very specific situations, preferring to stick to Arpeggio Diminuendo single target tap-heals.

Also, you can enable health bars to be always visible on allies.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I dont know why not anyone talked about this, but the Senerade encounter affects the target of DM song. Meaning that once you mark someone with Serenade the song will always target them even if not the player with lowest hp. If this is intended feature I dont mind, but it should be part of the tooltip of Serenade. When I was a new bard it was a struggle to figure this out and very annoying in first few dungeon runs. It is also a make or break deal if you want to use the encounter.

Intentional.
    While unstated, Serenade+Defender's Minuet is supposed to be the Bard's version of the Cleric/Paladin Hand of Divinity, the theoretical "mark your tank, then heal tank with big numbers" button.

However, you raise a good point that the effect should be part of the Serenade tooltip.

The game does mention that Serenade's mark forces Defender Minuet to target the marked player, but it says so in the Defender's Minuet tooltip.
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

#6.2 Sheltering Etude does not gain the "snapshot" benefit from Flourish, whereas Rejuvenating Carol does. If Sheltering Etude does not proc within the 9 second Flourish duration, it will not receive the 50% increased healing potency. Alternatively, if you play Flourish before Rejuvenating Carol, the 50% increased healing potency snapshots for the entire Rejuvenating Carol duration.

This bug also applies to the Healer's Muse bonus from Sudden Muse (+25% Outgoing Healing buff for Defender's Minuet or Sheltering Etude).

• Options
    splashman85#4717 splashman85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @rjc9000 good that you mention it. I will argue that at least for paladin the mark and heal is one button, for bard it occupies an encounter slot too. I never actually noticed it on DM song tooltip that it's there. Would be nice to have it in both tooltips but one is more than enough for those who pay attention. I still think Serenade could become useful if that link with DM breaks. But this is improvements and not bugs, which should have priority for now.

@rgutscheradev didn't mention it in the first comment but this is an excellent forum post, really changed my perspective on devs and the game. Keep up with the amazing work.
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2022

tgwolf said:

I'm confused about this. Are you saying the option doesn't work? Or that it doesn't exist? This is what I see in my options screen.

Ok yeah, then it is just Console.

It is completely missing and has been since the launch of Mod 21 when Proc. text was set to Off by default. It has been brought up here multiple times over the months since and has never even been acknowledged as far as I'm aware.

It was in the Launch Patch notes for Mod 21 but just never actually added.

Here is the Console Interface section under Options for reference.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    tgwolf said:

tgwolf said:

Ok yeah, then it is just Console.

It is completely missing and has been since the launch of Mod 21 when Proc. text was set to Off by default. It has been brought up here multiple times over the months since and has never even been acknowledged as far as I'm aware.

It was in the Launch Patch notes for Mod 21 but just never actually added.

Here is the Console Interface section under Options for reference.

I think you can take this topic elsewhere. This one is focusing on bard bugs. Not game options missing on console
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    > @luizgustavov said:
    > I think you can take this topic elsewhere. This one is focusing on bard bugs. Not game options missing on console

Maybe. But it's related to bard's performance, too. If a bard's can't see what Muse (for example) they have reliably, then they can't perform as well as on PC.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    As a console player, hands down the bugs that frustrate me the MOST are on songblade:
    1) Steel March always using your entire music resource...divinity? Whatever it's called lol
    2) "you must wait longer after playing a song"
    3) The giant delay after casting a song and being able to use a modified version of Con Elemento at-will. Even if you previously had it modified to an element, after casting a new song it will come out as the normal version 🤔 You have to wait a good 2-3 seconds for the "you must wait longer after playing a song" and then a delay before casting Con Elemento with modifier activated.

All of those effect how the bard PLAYS, and should be fixed ASAP. You wont be able to get an accurate power level while these still exist, no matter how many other bugs you fix
  • Options
    masteroga said:

As a console player, hands down the bugs that frustrate me the MOST are on songblade:
    1) Steel March always using your entire music resource...divinity? Whatever it's called lol
    2) "you must wait longer after playing a song"
    3) The giant delay after casting a song and being able to use a modified version of Con Elemento at-will. Even if you previously had it modified to an element, after casting a new song it will come out as the normal version 🤔 You have to wait a good 2-3 seconds for the "you must wait longer after playing a song" and then a delay before casting Con Elemento with modifier activated.

All of those effect how the bard PLAYS, and should be fixed ASAP. You wont be able to get an accurate power level while these still exist, no matter how many other bugs you fix

Based on what rgutschera said regarding AP gain, "You must wait longer after playing a Song" and "You can't do that right now" delays appear to also be a design decision to normalize player song playing capabilities. Respectfully, if that is the case, I feel this design decision should be revisited:

#1 There is no need to punish Freddie Fastfinger for playing a song more quickly than Slowhand Sal. If this design decision has to stick, can the forced delay be reduced? Why aren't other classes normalized in this way? For example, if a player is faster at pushing out their Encounter rotation, then they will have more time to use at-wills. It's no different.

#2 It is much more difficult to heal under pressure as a Bard than it is for other healer classes. Putting aside heal magnitudes and total healing potential, the forced delays reduce the class' ability to burst AoE heal when needed (which result in players finding gimmicky ways to circumvent design mechanics, creating an even larger "skill" gap between Knowledgeable Knox and Unaware Ursula). The forced delays are exacerbated by latency and then compounded when the Bard player misses the first few keystrokes of a song, either in error or caused by latency/delay, having to start the song over.

#3 Getting a heal out, specifically a Song-based heal, takes much longer than it takes to cast healing spells (in general). The Bard should be rewarded for playing songs quickly, not punished by a delay. The Bard should be rewarded for playing Song-based heal/attack, which takes multiple successful button presses, not punished.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Makes no sense to punish ppl that play songs faster with a delay. It's not like you can abuse the classes as both paragons have performance meter to limit the amount of songs you can cast.