What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FINAL UPDATE - [PC] Upcoming OS and DirectX Support Changes

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

Not only you are lack knowledge about PC stuffs, how game works, you are also clueless how IT buisness works..

Before going in debates about certain topic, do at least some basic study about it, cuz otherwise you will end up as troll.

Of course, players need to understand game development issues better than developers in order to open their mouths at all. Otherwise, they must remain silent when their interests are ignored. Logic lesson from Cryptic Studios. Bravo! =)
    “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Spock
  • Options
    nicolya#6604 nicolya Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

lol at least then you wont be in a minority anymore ..

Do you have something against minorities? Go on, I think the lawyers will be interested...
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Comment deleted, stopped being relevant..
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    kalina311 said:

Not? What a pity!
    What did you expect? Did you think you could just kick out users who have been playing your game for 7-8 years and everything will go smoothly? I'm ready to stand up for anyone you kicked out of the game. And I will fight off any attempts of your trolls.

time for you to get an xbox or playstation and play on that platform instead me thinks ...lol at least then you wont be in a minority anymore ..
    That will not help. My XBox (1st generation) and Xbox 360 can't play anything new these days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited February 2022

And by the way,, quit talking that you play this game for 7-8 years.
    The oldest comment written is in November 2021, here in same thread.
    And profile shows, Joined November 2021.

And in that 7-8 years, he missed out few crusade opportunities such as when Cryptic cut out XP and Vista and when they cut out 32bit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mwkmwk Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I wonder why this game hasn't done anything?

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

If they tried to make really interesting and diverse modules in terms of player activity and equipment, then there would be no questions. Instead, they roll out boring content with a compulsion to actively donate to improve the stones. And then complain about the lack of time and money to support Windows 7? This is ridiculous.
    Instead of paying pathetic trolls who justify any actions of Cryptic Studios here, it would be better if they worked on the game and attracting new players... But they don't.

I wonder how boring the content truely is to you if a technical change in the engine that apparently excludes you from playing this oh so boring content leaves you in such a rage...
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

[...]its clear that @nicolya and @mwk are the same person at this point . or in the same guild etc lol [...]

Haven't I seen a guild named "Win7Rulez" in the game lately...? ;-)

• Options
    nicolya#6604 nicolya Member Posts: 53 Arc User

And by the way,, quit talking that you play this game for 7-8 years.
    The oldest comment written is in November 2021, here in same thread.
    And profile shows, Joined November 2021.

I've been playing Neverwinter since the Icewind Dale module. I didn't register on the forum because there was no reason to. I remember very well how Cryptic Studios stopped supporting Windows XP. But then it was really due to improved graphics and DirectX.
    Now they just "turned off the lights" to a large number of players for no good reason. Therefore, I came to this forum only in 2021 and spoke in defense of those people who played all these years in Neverwinter and were simply thrown out of the game.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    mwk said:

I wonder why this game hasn't done anything?

The system requirement part is outdated for years. I mean try find dual core PC? And even if you do find, it' would have major issues to run game anyways.. Even simply running latest Chrome browser will be too much for him to handle.

Now why it is there. Well I guess due managment issues.
    When game development company license game publishing rights to companies,, the traditional license goes that, publisher is in charge of Website, cash store, promotional materials( videos/wallpapers, addvertisment banners/logos and etc).

However the problem is that, Perfetc World ( publisher) also where owner of Cryptic Studios( game development studios). The Perfect World allowed Cryptic Studios teams to add certain stuffs in websites but thats all.

The rest stuffs is handled by Perfect World, and they forgot to update ARC platform.

Though personally I hope that they scrap this outadated web desing, and bring more lean apperance.

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    sejal1337sejal1337 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Can I get a refund for all the money I've spent on this game to no longer be able to play?