Options

Make-good Update - [PS] Freezing Issues

Comments

• Options
    dwallz92#9792 dwallz92 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2022
    This is ridiculous. I'm still freezing!
  • Options
    I think one of the developers needs to reach out to someone with an existing acct and share play with them, so the can experience first hand upon what is happening
  • Options
    yillibilly#3975 yillibilly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    3 days I’m still freezing I paid for VIP. This is crappy i’m losing A.D. opportunities an farm time.
  • Options
    kimkj4389#2721 kimkj4389 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    What the hell did you do with that patch, it always freezes and messes up
  • Options
    bomber#7738 bomber Member Posts: 73 Arc User

Feb 5th update had no effect on freeze. Game still hard locks.

Unfortunately that is most likely a pretty accurate glimpse into the future lol. 😁
  • Options
    blackstar#3253 blackstar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    the 2nd update for ps4 dont works...it's 4th day that it's impossible to play...shame on you. Why you write in your patch post, The game no longer locks up, if instead dont works ?! i'm sorry but I lost my patience, i'm really angry, do you test them for updates? I'm starting to think you're the only company in the world not to test your updates
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    since you pulled out the bonding turn in, how about you put that back into effect for a week so i can get rid of the ones i was holding onto? not for the medallions but ad like before. you never said on removing the feature and since you pretty much pushed this patch a week ahead of schedule and we lost atleast three days atleast for most of us from even doing anything game wise would be appropriate. also perhaps allow rank 9s to be turned in for 1 medallion or a half a one. maybe even change the medallion currencies where you can set up a gold or silver medallion level of turn in. it may take more 9s to get 1 rank 1 box but it should be feasible to turn in the ones we got from lockboxes even if the rate is more than 20 for a rank 1 box. We can't even stack old enchants and they clog up the inventory.

At the very least everyone should get a 100% vip coupon that works to give you a rank and the 30 days like you gave out before. that stuff would suffice honestly as well as give players a chance to relax. Probably make it a common practice for these coupons so in a way players if they get an interrupt like this they don't have to honestly worry if it takes you days or a week to get everything ironed out because their vip will get extended for the loss as well as give other players a chance to use it.
  • Options
    firewolf#4157 firewolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah, still broke. Freezes after about 3 seconds. Same for my husband on his Playstation.
  • Options
    roseypalmer#7773 roseypalmer Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Any idea when ps5 players will be able to play? My guild members on ps4 are still freezing intermittently while playing, but ps5 players are freezing completely upon logging on their characters. I will not be deleting my 100+ friends. My friends list should have no bearing on this working properly. The friends list in the game has been broken for a few years. Please give us some sort of update on this problem.
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User

Any idea when ps5 players will be able to play? My guild members on ps4 are still freezing intermittently while playing, but ps5 players are freezing completely upon logging on their characters. I will not be deleting my 100+ friends. My friends list should have no bearing on this working properly. The friends list in the game has been broken for a few years. Please give us some sort of update on this problem.

The reason it has a bearing because in patch 10.01 they applied something to the playstation list, so for some it caused a crash like myself. 10.02 seemed to fix that, but there has to be something going on where it's not mail, inventory or friend list that causes people to still crash on ps5. what i noticed on my end was to have atleast 245 gb free space on ps5 that you see on top, not the 70 or so gb only that it uses to run. When you hit lower than this on ps 5 this seems to cause some freezing too. I might also recommend deleting the old client and redownloading the newer one fully may help too instead of just patching it.
  • Options
    polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @nitocris83 is there going to not be any update before the weekend? because there's still problems as you're seeing
  • Options
    firewolf#4157 firewolf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So I was able to log onto my daughter's account without freezing (still freezes on mine and my husband's), but I noticed that all of her companions were in her inventory bags. I can still go to the companion sheet and see and summon them, but it's like they were duplicated and put in her inventory as well. All still character bound and it's happened on all 3 of her characters.

This happened to anyone else?
  • Options
    neva0bsolete#0681 neva0bsolete Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I am still freezing as well in PS4. I am not deleting on friend ony account. This is BEYOND ridiculous and actually comical at this point.
  • Options
    Ps4 pro 4-5 days 2-3 patches later and still freezing like a wet noodle on the top of Mt. Everest
  • Options
    storm#2442 storm Member Posts: 1 New User
    Really nothing work and not even 2% can play the game money and time wasted 60 people from our alliance quit the game and uninstalled . How someone can go to work make major mistakes more than once put off til another day and still get paid is unacceptable.
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Well, how about just disabling friends list untill fixed. It's been broken for a few years now and unusable anyways up to this point without porting around constantly prior to this fiasco. We would at least know if the friends list is the issue and players could play content untill a real fix is applied.

Besides, what good is a friends list if we have to remove all and then keep the list under 8 people to even play....an mmo...
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    > @thumpertopeka#8338 said:
    > I think one of the developers needs to reach out to someone with an existing acct and share play with them, so the can experience first hand upon what is happening

They reached out in discord to players still locking up to be contacted by quality assurance contact. But as of this time, qa hasn't reached out to anyone I know who replied as of yet.
  • Options
    daniel#6207 daniel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, everyone. I'm experiencing a bug in the 'Point of Pride' quest. The banner just does not show. The glittering path leads to the point where I get the flag, but it is just not there. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Hello, everyone. I'm experiencing a bug in the 'Point of Pride' quest. The banner just does not show. The glittering path leads to the point where I get the flag, but it is just not there. Any suggestions?

yea , play a better game
  • Options
    sethton#6807 sethton Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @nitocris83 are players going to be compensated for not being able to do reaper dungeons, get our 100k ad per day and are the new enchantments that have a timer going to be reset so that we can actually take advantage of learning the new system once this is fixed? Alot of us cant play but have activated the timers. So we will lose the borrowed enchantments before we even have a chance to test the changes.
  • Options
    mayvai#6246 mayvai Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Update February 4, 2022
    >
    > Roughly 80-90% of crashes and freezes have been resolved after this morning's PS patch but we are aware of additional crashing reports on PS. We continue to attempt to internally repro these crashes, including with impacted character containers, and have narrowed it down to two separate issues. Each of the two issues is being worked on by a dedicated engineer and we aim to release a fix as soon as one is available. Because of this, future fixes may only address one issue at a time.
    >
    > We will provide additional updates when available. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
    >
    > ****
    >
    > Update 2 February 3, 2022
    >
    > A fix for this issue will be released tomorrow with a patch. Patch Notes discussion thread can be found here.
    >
    > A make good will be made available early next week once we have verified post-patch build stability. This make good will include an extension of VIP for VIP members and additional gifts.
    >
    >
    > Update February 3, 2022
    >
    > We continue to work on the build containing the fix for the existing freeze issue. We are also working on a makegood for PS players - this will be done once a fix is live and confirmed stable. Thank you again for all your patience.
    >
    > ****
    >
    > Neverwinter PlayStation Players with a PS friends list above a certain threshold may be experiencing a freeze that was obscured by the crash resolved earlier today. Once detected, a fix was identified and we hope to have it out Feb. 2 or 3.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry I just came back to the game. And I can already tell you that its your notifications pop up screen as soon as I enter the game.
  • Options
    mayvai#6246 mayvai Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2022
    Post edited by mayvai#6246 on
  • Options
    February 5th and my game is still freezing whenever I hit a cutscene or go transition to another map. Changing characters is still also out of the question. Yeah hate being rude but this is stupid at this point and so glad elden ring is almost here
  • Options
    dwallz92#9792 dwallz92 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm reporting you guys to Sony.
  • Options
    hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Update February 4, 2022
    >
    > Roughly 80-90% of crashes and freezes have been resolved after this morning's PS patch but we are aware of additional crashing reports on PS. We continue to attempt to internally repro these crashes, including with impacted character containers, and have narrowed it down to two separate issues. Each of the two issues is being worked on by a dedicated engineer and we aim to release a fix as soon as one is available. Because of this, future fixes may only address one issue at a time.
    >
    > We will provide additional updates when available. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
    >
    > ****
    >
    > Update 2 February 3, 2022
    >
    > A fix for this issue will be released tomorrow with a patch. Patch Notes discussion thread can be found here.
    >
    > A make good will be made available early next week once we have verified post-patch build stability. This make good will include an extension of VIP for VIP members and additional gifts.
    >
    >
    > Update February 3, 2022
    >
    > We continue to work on the build containing the fix for the existing freeze issue. We are also working on a makegood for PS players - this will be done once a fix is live and confirmed stable. Thank you again for all your patience.
    >
    > ****
    >
    > Neverwinter PlayStation Players with a PS friends list above a certain threshold may be experiencing a freeze that was obscured by the crash resolved earlier today. Once detected, a fix was identified and we hope to have it out Feb. 2 or 3.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience.

Maybe you guys should have more than 2 people working on it? Just saying. And are they communicating with each other as well? Because sending one guy down a wrong rabbit hole and another guy down a different wrong rabbit hole is how we got this.

Also, I've offered to help. Come share play with me and you can see for yourself what's happening. I'll even pm you my login info if you guys want to try it yourselves.
  • Options
    polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

Update February 4, 2022

Roughly 80-90% of crashes and freezes have been resolved after this morning's PS patch but we are aware of additional crashing reports on PS. We continue to attempt to internally repro these crashes, including with impacted character containers, and have narrowed it down to two separate issues. Each of the two issues is being worked on by a dedicated engineer and we aim to release a fix as soon as one is available. Because of this, future fixes may only address one issue at a time.

We will provide additional updates when available. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

80-90%? Considering 75% of my 300 person alliance can't play due to freezing issues without the weird PS button workarounds I would say your math is backwards
  • Options
    roparzhroparzh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I dont think the comunity manager is accurate in her/his comments. The only reason the frozen amount has got down is because people are droping their friend list, It wasnt your patch, neither patch. Moreover, it got worse for some of us cause I was using the ps button to work around the issue with good succes rate and now it take me several tries. What do you need to take this game code more careful? a class action suit from us? i rather wait than getting rush update that brakes the game. I do hope you solve our freeze problem soon. God speed and best regards
  • Options
    > @polysatyr81 said:
    > 80-90%? Considering 75% of my 300 person alliance can't play due to freezing issues without the weird PS button workarounds I would say your math is backwards

At this point I'm confident, that was pr speak for "well, still doesn't work but tgif, nothing to see here, move along, we will cya Monday guys"