test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make-good Update - [PS] Freezing Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2022 in News & Announcements
Update February 8, 2022

As a thank you for your patience and understanding these past few days, all PS players can now claim the following gifts in the RCA. Items must be claimed by February 22, 7:30am PT.
  • Free Legendary Insignia Choice Pack
  • Free 20 Companion Upgrade Tokens
  • Free 20 Mount Upgrade Tokens
  • Free 10 Genie's Gifts
In addition, VIP members have had their membership extended by 8 days.

Update February 5, 2022

Maintenance will be performed today to address one of the crash issues. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.

Update February 4, 2022

Roughly 80-90% of crashes and freezes have been resolved after this morning's PS patch but we are aware of additional crashing reports on PS. We continue to attempt to internally repro these crashes, including with impacted character containers, and have narrowed it down to two separate issues. Each of the two issues is being worked on by a dedicated engineer and we aim to release a fix as soon as one is available. Because of this, future fixes may only address one issue at a time.

We will provide additional updates when available. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Update 2 February 3, 2022

A fix for this issue will be released tomorrow with a patch. Patch Notes discussion thread can be found here.

A make good will be made available early next week once we have verified post-patch build stability. This make good will include an extension of VIP for VIP members and additional gifts.

Update February 3, 2022

We continue to work on the build containing the fix for the existing freeze issue. We are also working on a makegood for PS players - this will be done once a fix is live and confirmed stable. Thank you again for all your patience.

Neverwinter PlayStation Players with a PS friends list above a certain threshold may be experiencing a freeze that was obscured by the crash resolved earlier today. Once detected, a fix was identified and we hope to have it out Feb. 2 or 3.

Thank you for your patience.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• bajadera#6875 bajadera Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    That is not the problem.
    I have only 5 people on my friend list.

It's hard to believe that people added <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> amount people while mod 22 rolled out.

I own a ps4 and ps5 and I get freezes on both consoles.
  • hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Neverwinter PlayStation Players with a PS friends list above a certain threshold may be experiencing a freeze that was obscured by the crash resolved earlier today. Once detected, a fix was identified and we hope to have it out Feb. 2 or 3.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience.

Lies. My son's account has literally one friend on it and it freezes too. Is the threshold one? Also, who handles the patch notes that they can't even be bothered to do anything besides copy and paste the same (literally word for word) patch notes for the unsuccessful patch you rolled out yesterday?

I wish you guys would've taken the extra week instead of rushing it out the door broken as hell.
  • hoodedclaw#6209 hoodedclaw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wife got on the ps5 ok under v10.00 she only has a few friends, I still can’t on 10.01, same console with 162 friends. What is the threshold as even 162 is hardly ‘many’
  • bomber#7738 bomber Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Unfortunately I don't't think that having too many friends is the issue lol, people are freezing that have ZERO people on their friends list.
  • bomber#7738 bomber Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2022

I wish you guys would've taken the extra week instead of rushing it out the door broken as hell.

It would've still been FUBAR.
    Things have never seemed to have been tested as much as they should before they're pushed through on PS.
    Heck, we still have bugs that came with mod 21... Lol
    Post edited by bomber#7738 on
  • saintturkish#1748 saintturkish Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Nope guys not the case, I have less than ten friends total bc I'm not a people person so this ain't the case, ty for blaming the player's for your incompetence.
  • dor101dor101 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    If I sucked at doing my job and customer service as you all my business would be shut down. Put in a ticket for lost vip keys and vip days due to lock up, ticket keeps being closed and problem solved tag on it. No reimbursement and still can't log in but according to them the issue is solved
  • enygma8#3764 enygma8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I only have one person in my friends list and Neverwinter still freezes 2 seconds after I load any of my characters. When will this be fixed !
  • michmeow#5560 michmeow Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Neverwinter PlayStation Players with a PS friends list above a certain threshold may be experiencing a freeze that was obscured by the crash resolved earlier today. Once detected, a fix was identified and we hope to have it out Feb. 2 or 3.
    >

Please Fix IT , it's still freezing !
    According to the brain trust at cryptic it is fixed
  • zonica#2757 zonica Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    No thats not the case with friendslist bcs I dont have many friends at all in my list. Both my ps5 and ps4 are frozen and the ps5 worked yesterday. Fix the problem pls and give tickets for missing keys and VIP. Its not fixed like you say it is.
  • mrvancampmrvancamp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    And yet I'm still having problems when I log in. Its not friends list I don't know what it is but this ain't it. Even when I do get a character on I can't go to any other maps it will freeze. If I change toons it will freeze. Then I need to shut game down and reboot again. When I do reboot now then I may be on the map I was trying to get to, but that does not matter because I freeze. Some people have mentioned hitting 'O' then spam hit ps button that worked for me to get on, but you still can't change maps and or toons without freeze and yet again shutting down game. You would think with all those players that buy zen you would pay somebody to properly fix this. Stop trying to resuscitate your old and dead hamster get one that will do its job.
  • orochimaru6666orochimaru6666 Member Posts: 7 New User
    > @"hehateme999#2396" said:
    > I wish you guys would've taken the extra week instead of rushing it out the door broken as hell.

this is cyber punk all over again
    No it is actualy worse these a$$hats had 11 months to write troubleshoot and fix this mod atleast cyberpunk was a whole new game being written
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    L M F A O three days L M F A O
    riends lists? i got less then 25 friends on my list.... are you sure its friendslists?.... are you SUUUURE or is this jus standard PR to try and poassify the communnity? because NOW this is seriously HUMILIATING for a game thats been out SO long now........

Cleared friends list to 9 people still can't log in without completely locking up
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Well, a while ago i had some issues with NWO and the ignore list on PC, if i remember i correctly the client would just freeze when i had too many players on that list, i started cleaning out my ignore list every month after that, and had no problems since then...

My point, may be the problem isn't just with the friends list, but it's combined with the ignore list?

Anyway, if someone can clear out their friends and ignore list, then at the very least it can be ruled out that the issue comes from either one of those lists. Good luck with finding and fixing the bug causing the problem here.

Edit: from Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/sjmvbm/it_is_friend_list_related/
    looks like clearing the friends list does help...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • tarrok#1349 tarrok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have pruned my friends list and only have 3 people on it now and the game still freezes on the Home Screen when the initial map has loaded…
  • masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Lol 🤣 basically tell us to delete our friends without stating what this so called friend threshold is, yeah no I don't think I believe you have any idea what is causing the crash.
    The temporary fix of spamming circle and ps button on load up suggests there is a coding issue on startup, I don't see how friends have anything to do with this, my gf has no issues logging in and she has more friends in her list than I do while I log in and freeze with in seconds unless using the temporary fix which is player found not even suggested by cryptic which suggests they have no idea or have done 0 real testing of this issue.
    It looks real bad when a player finds a temporary button combination fix while the developers pretty much suggests nuking the friend list which does nothing to fix the issue.
  • soufjen#8281 soufjen Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I deleted all my friends on PSN and I was able to login with no freezes... but on the other hand I have 0 friends now :(
    eggs
    > @soufjen#8281 said:
    > I deleted all my friends on PSN and I was able to login with no freezes... but on the other hand I have 0 friends now :(

Yeah I'm not doing that. Get your sh*t together devs. Please?
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    The friends list has been broken for well over a year, wouldn't mind if it gets fixed. But, what kind of mmo has a problem where a workaround is removing your friends...seems counter productive.
  • keria2018#2874 keria2018 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

> @nitocris83 said:
    >

Lies. My son's account has literally one friend on it and it freezes too. Is the threshold one? Also, who handles the patch notes that they can't even be bothered to do anything besides copy and paste the same (literally word for word) patch notes for the unsuccessful patch you rolled out yesterday?

Day 2 and 2 updates later; I still can't get on the damn game! I get logged in an it freezes!!! I wish you would get it together an fix it!!! I want comp for my VIP, 100k AD and my keys for every day that I can't get on!!! This is very AGGRAVATING
  • keria2018#2874 keria2018 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

It would've still been FUBAR.
    Things have never seemed to have been tested as much as they should before they're pushed through on PS.
    Heck, we still have bugs that came with mod 21... Lol
    Yes I agree with that! My game still freezes as soon as I get logged in. Day 2 and 2 updates later; still doesn't work!!!! AGGRAVATING
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Well, the patch didn't fix the dodge on warlock gwf causing 0 damage issue either...gg.
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    3 days without play to Neverwinter, 3 days lost for me.....