test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M22 General Feedback

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

So many posts so I am not sure if this has already been asked but ...
    How will a new player be able to progress in this environment?
    Current price :
    1 medalion = 40k AD
    Rank1 enchant = 30 medalions
    This comes out to 1.2 million for a single rank 1 enchant
    What am I missing here this looks to cost a new player 10-14 million AD to equip a character with just rank 1s

Don't buy medallions, buy rank 1s from the sage vender like normal. Only 100k AD per rank 1.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    beynac said:

stark760 said:

beynac said:

Bug
    There seems to be a bug with the Artifact Modification on my characters offhand. On the live system my character re-rolled the Deflect Severity using Cubes of Augmentation. She got up to 1955 Deflect Severity. This has been changed to 500 on transfer to Preview server. That is it has returned to the initial value prior to re-rolling. I tried to re-roll on Preview and it stayed at 500 each attempt. The same has happened to other characters.

You have to unlock the one that has the preset 500 value also. Meaning, you have to use 4 cubes to unlock randomly, until your deflect sev is what gets unlocked, then you can roll the 500 to a higher value.
    To clarify the bug report: my character's offhand had Artifact Modification of 500 Control Resistance (preset) and 1955 Deflect Severity on the Live server. I copied her to the Preview server and she still had the 500 Control Resistance but only had 500 Deflect Severity (she had lost the extra 1455 gained by rolling with Cubes of Augmentation). This has nothing to do with rolling the preset Artifact Modification.
    The 500 it shows is darkened out also, pretty sure the 500 stat wasn't even kicking in, even though it shows it on offhand tooltip. I had to unlock again, then the 500 counted, then i had to reroll the score.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Some considerations:

- Although I don't like attacking companions, they're dead again, as it's unfeasible compared to the cost benefit of an augmenting versus an attacking companion;
    - Excessive stat loss when maximizing enchants is another factor in using augmentation companions;
    - For my GWF DPS it was pretty easy to make it look like it currently is, keeping Overpenetration active which was my main concern and the race. As for my GF Tank it was also easy to maintain the Feature Combat Balance, but the loss of all other offensive status was glaring, which made me reflect on how will it be possible to maintain aggro?!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Will we be given any more information or another patch to sift through over the Holiday break or are we waiting for afterward? I know the Trial will be shut down at least, so I'm not expecting anything there. @nitocris83
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I worked out this overload enchantment dialog was about, it was empty ; ie. out of combat time 00:00:00
    instead of just disappearing ,it stayed in the slot giving this refil dialog:

It seems some overload enchantments want to be empowered by some non-existent substance

when collecting a heroic reward these go into the inventory but you get no supply vouchers added to your total when you open them

these are still going into the inventory but giving no extra supply vouchers if you open one

reminicent of the zariel favor that went into the inventory that was doing something similar until it was fixed early on, when that mod was new.
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • kyjle6akakyjle6aka Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Bug: Clerics do not display the visual effects of enchantment on weapons.
    Optional: Since other classes have a visual effect displayed on additional weapons (the bard has a guitar glowing), I would like the clerics to have additional weapons as well.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Now that you guys are done with the Combat Ratings Rework, can we please turn developer attention to the PVP part of the game ?

All the reworks(modules since module 16 have been extremely PVE-cemtric, ignoring the PVP community alltogether. This has to stop. PVP was one of the elements that used to make Neverwinter the go-to mmorpg, and it makes no sense at all that the developers ignore this part of the community.

Questions about PVP have been answered with "we hope to come back with more information at a late time" for so long that WHAT IS LEFT of the community is starting to lose all hope.

Why do the developers ignore what used to be (and could still be) the most fun part of the game ?

I personally don't care for PvP, but it would be nice to add some new maps and modes (capture the flag, a different objective mode that isn't domination, team deathmatch, 1v1/2v2 duels, noob playlists, modes that give stock/fixed gear so people start on a relatively even ground, etc) for those interested in the PvP side.

There are numerous complaints about the lack of content for PvE, the most supported side of the game, and that gets "content" once a year ("thanks" Whiteside).

I can only imagine the boredom PvP players feel from having to play the exact same maps and mode from *NW's open beta*, with the new content being nonexistent aside from scant additions like the Stardock map, dead open world PvP, and discount MOBA Stronghold siege.

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I can only imagine the boredom PvP players feel from having to play the exact same maps and mode from *NW's open beta*

"I will circle this back to the team and maybe(maybe not come back with more information in 5-6 years".

This is the exact problem with the current community/developer team. Ignoring what used to be a major portion of their playerbase, covering it up with promises of upcoming information. The truth is that there is no information to be shared for pvp, no plans for pvp, no future for pvp. I do no understand why the developers do not disclose this instead of having the "community manager" telling the PVP community information will be shared "soon". "Soon" was 6 years ago.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    PvP was never major portion of the playerbase. The game was marketed as DnD and tried to appeal to the tabletop players and nostalgia from the franchise. Mainly marketing as casual friendly, somewhat simplistic MMO, with fast and easy (as in mash 4 buttons) combat mechanics.
    That target audience is not as PvP oriented as others. Whom it will help now to invest into PvP if most of the PvP oriented players left long ago?

Perhaps if the new content is not 3 Episodes per year with highlights as "2 New HE's !!!" and the new content is not worthless before it even released (I'm looking at you Zariel, Marauders, and everything with red feathered gear) yet, looking back, this is what Neverwinter always was, and probably will be.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    wilbur626 said:

Now that you guys are done with the Combat Ratings Rework, can we please turn developer attention to the PVP part of the game ?

All the reworks(modules since module 16 have been extremely PVE-cemtric, ignoring the PVP community alltogether. This has to stop. PVP was one of the elements that used to make Neverwinter the go-to mmorpg, and it makes no sense at all that the developers ignore this part of the community.

Questions about PVP have been answered with "we hope to come back with more information at a late time" for so long that WHAT IS LEFT of the community is starting to lose all hope.

Why do the developers ignore what used to be (and could still be) the most fun part of the game ?

PVP seasons, rewards, and the leaderboard were taken out by Cryptic around may this year and Cryptic stopped communicating about PVP at all for months. What tiny bit of communication we finally managed to get out of cryptic staff recently is the same "soon" HAMSTER they always say.

The PVP community really needed a PVP update to occur in mod 22 or earlier, but from what we can see on preview, there is no PVP update in mod 22. To say our hopes were crushed by the news would be an understatement.

Do I need to remind Cryptic that PVP completely stopped popping after seasons, the leaderboard, and rewards were taken out? As in it actually died off on all platforms for a time. The only reason it started popping again on PC was because the community on PC got really organized and was able to bring PVP back via our efforts. I literally had to host matches every single day of the week for over 4 months to make this possible. I more recently cut back to doing 3 or 4 days each week.

Consoles weren't so lucky, from what I can see, their matches are few and far between, but it does look like they started to get more of them over the last 1 or 2 months. They didn't have anyone with the time or dedication required to bring back regular matches for them is why. They also had some differences that made them even more dependent on rewards than PC was.

The community has tried so hard to keep PVP alive long enough for Cryptic to release a PVP update, but Cryptic hasn't lifted a finger to actually get us that PVP update we desperately need.

We can't wait forever, I have done my best to give the PVP community we have left the best possible chance of staying alive long enough to see that update. But as things stand, I am definitely leaving in early mod 22 and I can only hope for the best for the remaining PVP community. The only good news is as of 2 months ago, the PVP community is no longer dependent on me to host most of the matches, they finally started doing enough of their own that I am probably only doing half of the matches or less now. Around 70% of all matches taking place that I know about are private 5vs5s, and many of those aren't mine.

If anyone on Cryptic with the ability to help us wants to see what we were able to do, check the following links out:

Here is PVP arena discord server, this server is part of the infastructure the PVP community set up to organize matches on after seasons got taken out:
    https://discord.gg/SSeBGh4ufu

Here is the name and join info for the PVP ingame chat channel that is tied to PVP Arena Discord:
    PvP Training Session
    Join Info:
    Its open to the public, no invite needed. I can manually invite people to this ingame channel if people run into problems joining it themselves.

And here is the youtube channel where I have been recording the PVP matches, I didn't start streaming until very late into this project so these are only the matches from the second half of the revival project:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_wFXVuNnA25XqOMrMJiqw
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    wilbur626 said:

Can we please take a break from all the reworks, campaigns, adventures, reworks, events and VIP sales and focus on fixing gamebreaking bugs ?

I have been playing Neverwinter for about 9 years and I am still able to identify bugs that have been there since day 1.

Instead of introducing new adventures, campaigns, dungeons and trials, would it be possible for the developer team to take a break and listen to actual player feedback to identify and fix bugs that have been in the game for close to a decade ?

To be fair, complaints about a lack of compelling content to play are definitely actual player feedback, though the bugs in this game are also a constant annoyance. Right now it feels like this game has done a good job making the PVE side of the game more rewarding over the last year or so, I honestly don't get how people still have issues gearing up with all those freebies. But the elephant in the room is the content itself is not compelling, everything feels too easy and too simplified now and a lot of the content that does get released is mindless recycled grind.

At least PVP actually changes from match to match, its a lot less repetitive than PVE content is in spite of the tiny number of maps.
    rjc9000 said:

wilbur626 said:

I personally don't care for PvP, but it would be nice to add some new maps and modes (capture the flag, a different objective mode that isn't domination, team deathmatch, 1v1/2v2 duels, noob playlists, modes that give stock/fixed gear so people start on a relatively even ground, etc) for those interested in the PvP side.

There are numerous complaints about the lack of content for PvE, the most supported side of the game, and that gets "content" once a year ("thanks" Whiteside).

I can only imagine the boredom PvP players feel from having to play the exact same maps and mode from *NW's open beta*, with the new content being nonexistent aside from scant additions like the Stardock map, dead open world PvP, and discount MOBA Stronghold siege.
    PVP domination with only 2 and later 3 maps was a brilliant design when it came to its staying power. There is a reason PVP survived for so long with only domination remaining popular and PVP being consistently neglected. Some of this is due to how many people are required to get PVP to pop, but even in past mods with a lot more people playing PVP, domination was treated as the main PVP type.

New PVP modes are something a lot of people want but simultaneously dread asking for. Because these modes historically are a flash in the pan in this game and then the PVP regulars get left behind to deal with the aftermath.

Fixes to the existing PVP system are more likely to go well, things like changing public matchmaking to finally recognize and split healer roles across the teams, changing solo que to duo/solo que, nerfing OP items in PVP, reintroducing rewards and a leaderboard, reducing or even removing the gear gap, ect.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    So do we yet know how new players will obtain the combat enchants?. Buy 30 medallions for 1.2M AD and ?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    agodbea said:

So do we yet know how new players will obtain the combat enchants?. Buy 30 medallions for 1.2M AD and ?

Well, you can go to the Sage's Shop in PE and buy Rank 1 enchantments from Brada for 100k AD each on the PTS... have to wait and see if it's going to be the same on the live server with the Mod. 22 release.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    regenerde said:

agodbea said:

Well, you can go to the Sage's Shop in PE and buy Rank 1 enchantments from Brada for 100k AD each on the PTS... have to wait and see if it's going to be the same on the live server with the Mod. 22 release.
    When i asked so was not combat enchants available at Bradda but seems they added them since
    but for 250k AD
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Not sure how to do red text, but Enyo's videos show how weak the visual effects are on the prominence, flower vorpal, and eclipse enchantment illusions.

https://youtu.be/-gNQq7KxtUQ

https://youtu.be/ZyoVEyt0u3Y
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Enchantment medallions are account bound and in our inventory. Unfortunately, they do not stack, so you will need 120 slots open in your inventory to reclaim the rank 4 enchants.

Account bound and transferable is good, not stacking is very bad.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Also, pants and shirt show a slot for reinforcement but neither armor nor jewelry kits can be used.
    Is it intended for there to be a new type of kits for pants/shirts?
  • carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Build 135.20211219a.3 CURSED BURN DOESN'T WORK WITH DEMO SET

Elite Whaleboy
    edited January 2022
    Guild food is STILL BROKEN after the leveling changes :

Elite Whaleboy
    The PE map still shows The Trade of Blades, this has been reported several times since m21 preview

Elite Whaleboy
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

wilbur626 said:

They can work on PvP when at minimum 90% of the PvE bugs, glitches and issues have been resolved completely.

They're not even close to that and with many of them being unresolved for years, 5+ years even. It's not happening anytime soon.
  • rabbit28175rabbit28175 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The new ring, stalwart needle ring of bulwark has a 3 second proc compared to the old condemned ring, which has 1 sec to proc. it wouldn't make any sense to use the new ring regardless of higher Item level. My suggestion is to make the new ring have a 1sec proc time to actually make it viable, otherwise, no tank is going to use it.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    micky1p00 said:

PvP was never major portion of the playerbase. The game was marketed as DnD and tried to appeal to the tabletop players and nostalgia from the franchise. Mainly marketing as casual friendly, somewhat simplistic MMO, with fast and easy (as in mash 4 buttons) combat mechanics.
    That target audience is not as PvP oriented as others. Whom it will help now to invest into PvP if most of the PvP oriented players left long ago?

Perhaps if the new content is not 3 Episodes per year with highlights as "2 New HE's !!!" and the new content is not worthless before it even released (I'm looking at you Zariel, Marauders, and everything with red feathered gear) yet, looking back, this is what Neverwinter always was, and probably will be.

What attracted me wasn't the simplicity, but the nauseating depth NW used to have when minmaxing actually made a difference. Remember when people were fighting over Fearbringers and Rex Corona? Just to get base power up? The whole group working together to time everything perfectly? It was unique, and I don't know a single game that does that - if I did, I'd play that.

Those huge rotation theorycrafts, finding what setups work and which ones don't, and how absolutely stupid it would be if you played perfectly. That was fun. That was the most fun I had in a game, ever.

Now, the job of a DPS can be done just as well by a bot made to get to closest enemy, and hold left click if boss right click if trash, and use encounter/daily/artifact/mount if off cooldown.

You shouldn't have "temporary" buffs on gear - stuff that buffs you for 10 seconds and then has a 30 second cooldown. NO ONE is gonna use that, other than to pump item level until they get something better, which is basically anything.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    FEEDBACK: I'm not sure if this is on purpose or a bug and not sure if this belongs here or on the enchantment feedback but the illusions you get for the old Weapon/Armor enchantments make too much noise. Like the Barkshield makes a constant earth crumbling sound and someone's illusion near me was making a "ching" sound sort of like a sound power up. Now if a person could only hear their own illusions this wouldn't be a big deal but you can everyone that you're near. I can't just MUTE the entire game because sometimes there's things I want to hear and listen to. And I bring this up as a Sound Sensitive Autistic Person. So it's an accessibility thing as well. I know I'm bringing this up a little late but until I stood next to someone in PE I thought you could only hear your own illusions. Thanks so much!
  • snuts74snuts74 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer

FEEDBACK: I'm not sure if this is on purpose or a bug and not sure if this belongs here or on the enchantment feedback but the illusions you get for the old Weapon/Armor enchantments make too much noise. Like the Barkshield makes a constant earth crumbling sound and someone's illusion near me was making a "ching" sound sort of like a sound power up. Now if a person could only hear their own illusions this wouldn't be a big deal but you can everyone that you're near. I can't just MUTE the entire game because sometimes there's things I want to hear and listen to. And I bring this up as a Sound Sensitive Autistic Person. So it's an accessibility thing as well. I know I'm bringing this up a little late but until I stood next to someone in PE I thought you could only hear your own illusions. Thanks so much!

Good callout. This is unintended behavior. A fix has been applied.