test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MIRAGE SET

elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
hail, before pach mirage set on rogue duelist flury was making aabout 47 mil in one TOMM run, still after pach it feal litle bit lower dmg from set but.... it stil beter then colestial or lionhard wepon, wat is not fair i think
Its OLD wepon set, so bring this set to BE BIS its same as bring 20 % to demogorgon set, + probably next end GAME trail will have 1500 ite lvl aand 10 % more dmg, so why ppl need do end gmae stuff if we can just farm, overaal realy thanks for new sharaandaar :3 srr for bad english :3
BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Ahhh Mirage set. They nerfed you so nice they ask to nerf you twice.

For average characters it’s very difficult to grind.

Illusionist Gambit Master 30 times hopefully nones a wipe

90+heroics because not a guarantee drop

80+ crypts

All now super difficult for the average player to get.

But the little people can’t have anything nice like endgamers. That’s not fair at all.

Most will never be endgamers or get a sniff at LH or CS

but hey we’ll just be happy with what you decide we deserve for our hard work.

?????? so you're saying that only end gamers can grind for content that is like 3 or 4 years old? newer players are uncapable of doing campaign? it's a pia but absolutely anyone can grind this it's not endgamer locked only. it's not even pay to win. it's just as difficult for the end gamer to grind this as it is the "little people"

that said river dist is hands down one of my least favorite campaigns. I think the only other one that beats it for most hated is AI. I don't want to have to grind that campaign again. seriously yuck. I would gladly pay if thats really what they want us to do rather than step foot in that zone again
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • Options
    > @silente07#2597 said:
    > Ahhh Mirage set. They nerfed you so nice they ask to nerf you twice.
    >
    > For average characters it’s very difficult to grind.
    > Illusionist Gambit Master 30 times hopefully nones a wipe
    > 90+heroics because not a guarantee drop
    > 80+ crypts
    > All now super difficult for the average player to get.
    >
    > But the little people can’t have anything nice like endgamers. That’s not fair at all.
    > Most will never be endgamers or get a sniff at LH or CS
    >
    > but hey we’ll just be happy with what you decide we deserve for our hard work.
    >
    >

Poit it its even bad for cryptic company, i hopee you know wat its t1 t2 t3 clases i mean t1 - beginers t2 - mid player t3 -end gamer, and yea poit is keep much more ppl in t2 becose wats from there came money,its mean t2 ppl cant have Stuf whu is bis for t3 ;D
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Don't worry, they'll implement an 'improvement' at some point and Mirage will become useless again.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    miyagi#6886 miyagi Member Posts: 21 Arc User

> @silente07#2597 said:

> Ahhh Mirage set. They nerfed you so nice they ask to nerf you twice.

>

> For average characters it’s very difficult to grind.

> Illusionist Gambit Master 30 times hopefully nones a wipe

> 90+heroics because not a guarantee drop

> 80+ crypts

> All now super difficult for the average player to get.

>

> But the little people can’t have anything nice like endgamers. That’s not fair at all.

> Most will never be endgamers or get a sniff at LH or CS

>

> but hey we’ll just be happy with what you decide we deserve for our hard work.

>

>

Poit it its even bad for cryptic company, i hopee you know wat its t1 t2 t3 clases i mean t1 - beginers t2 - mid player t3 -end gamer, and yea poit is keep much more ppl in t2 becose wats from there came money,its mean t2 ppl cant have Stuf whu is bis for t3 ;D

Or play another game if you don't like the changes...
  • Options
    > @miyagi#6886 said:
    > Or play another game if you don't like the changes...

I love combat changes, but for future of game this set not supose to be BIS :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021

> @miyagi#6886 said:

> Or play another game if you don't like the changes...

I love combat changes, but for future of game this set not supose to be BIS :)

I wouldn't worry about the future of the game - Cryptic don't

'first they giveth, then they taketh away. But reserve the right to bring back at some future point with adjusted utility, time limed and/or including an additional fee'
    Post edited by armadeonx on

• Options
    synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    If Mirage set will remain like it is right now, the game will lose his sense of progression. No one will even aim to run TOMM or ZARIEL again, since just farming a 9 module old content, they can get the best weapons in game.
    You are supposed to advance and step into tomm to get those weapons, and then move to zariel to be able to get the best set by now.

Next trial will come soon and you should be able to run it with celestials or MW weapons, for example.

Here i see more entry level players cry about mirage than end-gamers.
  • Options
    vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    So..... whaaaaa my lionheart can't be lorded over people anymore?
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Does anyone even try to farm celestial weapons anyways?

The problem is not that the mirage set is too good, the real problem is that newer weapons are underperforming.
    Now that weapons are not directly tied to DMG felt and players are only looking at the bonus to decide the quality it may be time to make some new and exciting bonus'

Some ideas could be....

Weapon set bonus' that scale up with a players item level.
    Weapon set bonus' that proc an added effect when reaching a certain rating in a stat, proc bonus a when reaching 40k Crit, proc bonus b when reaching 40k defense, ect
    Weapons with an extra universal slot for enchantments or overloads
  • Options
    Players mentioned on the preview server that this would happen - devs decided to go ahead anyway. As such it's WAI. Until the next combat change at least.

• Options
    highlanderx#4012 highlanderx Member Posts: 26 Arc User

If Mirage set will remain like it is right now, the game will lose his sense of progression.

Look at stats. Upgrade anything with an ilevel, watch stat percentages drop, so weaker in all scaled content, that I am past cap for. I think sense of progression is long gone, It’s making having ilevel past cap useless or even harmful. That killed reasons for later released weapons, since higher ilevel is main benefit of using them.

Seeing people in old in old zones gaming again, is overall a good thing, since update made a lot of things not soloable anymore.

• Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @synyster3006 said:
    > If Mirage set will remain like it is right now, the game will lose his sense of progression. No one will even aim to run TOMM or ZARIEL again, since just farming a 9 module old content, they can get the best weapons in game.
    > You are supposed to advance and step into tomm to get those weapons, and then move to zariel to be able to get the best set by now.
    >
    > Next trial will come soon and you should be able to run it with celestials or MW weapons, for example.
    >
    > Here i see more entry level players cry about mirage than end-gamers.
    There is NO advancement !
    NO PROGRESSION
    The NEW NW !
    All content is scaled ( minus tomm n ? ) so you get the thrill of fighting heartily everywhere you go for the scraps .
  • Options

If Mirage set will remain like it is right now, the game will lose his sense of progression. No one will even aim to run TOMM or ZARIEL again, since just farming a 9 module old content, they can get the best weapons in game.
    You are supposed to advance and step into tomm to get those weapons, and then move to zariel to be able to get the best set by now.

Next trial will come soon and you should be able to run it with celestials or MW weapons, for example.

Here i see more entry level players cry about mirage than end-gamers.

the mirage set doesn't hinge on this. everything is in this state atm.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

If Mirage set will remain like it is right now, the game will lose his sense of progression.

Look at stats. Upgrade anything with an ilevel, watch stat percentages drop, so weaker in all scaled content, that I am past cap for. I think sense of progression is long gone, It’s making having ilevel past cap useless or even harmful. That killed reasons for later released weapons, since higher ilevel is main benefit of using them.

Seeing people in old in old zones gaming again, is overall a good thing, since update made a lot of things not soloable anymore.

I made a low il build tonight with old low il hunt gear . no enchants in defensive slots no utility enchants except for the set I share with my high il build. the old chult hunt weapon set. my il was 35k. stats decently balanced. better balanced than my end game toon. went into a trial que and ended up top of the leader boards over a bunch of 50ks. Granted I don't think they were top notch players but in any content I should not be able to have a 4 million lead over people that are 15k il higher than me. that's not true of poorly built low ils though. your average 35k and your average 50k will still have an appropriate split in content like that favoring the 50k. I've never been topped by a 35k in scaled content since this dropped. so I dont' think a lot of people are thinking this way.. yet..

the key is the hunt gear and the percentages being high.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @synyster3006 said:
    > If Mirage set will remain like it is right now, the game will lose his sense of progression. No one will even aim to run TOMM or ZARIEL again, since just farming a 9 module old content, they can get the best weapons in game.
    > You are supposed to advance and step into tomm to get those weapons, and then move to zariel to be able to get the best set by now.
    >
    > Next trial will come soon and you should be able to run it with celestials or MW weapons, for example.
    >
    > Here i see more entry level players cry about mirage than end-gamers.

Sure it’s supposed to be that way, but currently it’s not.
    And it’s End gamers who are waging war for the Trial gear to be BIS.
    Entry level as you call the 99% of players left are tired of the nerf O rama they can’t afford to play.

So far the best way for entry levels to play is use lower mid gear. So far the Mirage set works and can be farmed.
    The Chult sets are broken and some unavailable.
    Barovia is a mess and too glitchy to farm Sunset
    So we try with what’s available.

You can nerf Mirage into extinction and the progression issue remains.

No reason to try and now even more limited players to do end game.

Oh and yes of course you can lord your weapon sets!!
  • Options
    my alijnse member ask —BABY when we do tomm training
    ansver— go farm mirgae set, +- 3 day grind nd you have BIS wepon in all game ;3
  • Options
    > @elderislt#1066 said:
    > my alijnse member ask —BABY when we do tomm training
    > ansver— go farm mirgae set, +- 3 day grind nd you have BIS wepon in all game ;3

And I hope you help them grind for it. !!

And 3 days? You must not have a job or family to have that kind of time. 72 hrs to just game. Must be nice!
  • Options
    krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    First, this topic is a complaint, not a bug. The mirage set isn't bugged, you just don't like the damage it does compared with other set bonuses. This is a direct result of moving damage off weapon sets and basing it on IL, and not based on some bug

Also, for some classes, the Celestial Set was never really BIS, and removing weapon damage made it far from BIS. The set bonus is significantly easier to activate on some classes than others. Removing weapon damage from weapons (a big mistake IMO) naturally makes weapon sets with better activated bonuses...well better. If what people want is only the most recent set to be BIS, we need weapon damage to come from weapons, not IL, again.
  • Options
    @krevg and you know it's not a bug... how? they already nerfed it once.. that generally means it wasn't wai just because it passed one round doesn't mean it will pass another.
  • Options
    raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Does mirage also good with outgoing healing n reduce incoming dmg like LH or Celestial? Must be coz so many elites cry foul like banshee here.
  • Options
    > @synyster3006 said:
    > The only ones that really cry are the ones that never showed up in the Leaderboard, and now using Cold Iron Warrior and Mirage set they feel like beeing finally good in some way

Who cares about a Leaderboard. It’s the chest at the end that matters most. The leaderboard is a glitch fest that half the time is wrong anyway.

Way to talk down about players just trying to get by.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    The problem here is elitism, period. It's nothing to do with an old item being better than a new item, the game is full of those types of items and has been for a long time. I guarantee you that anyone complaining about a difference in damage here didn't feel the need to complain about any other current "old" items that exceed the outputs of "new" items.

The problem is obviously it encroaches directly upon something that's considered endgame by self-described elitists. Oh, there's something that can be considered better than something that was exclusive to tomm/zariel? Boo hoo. These exclusive reversal role types of items exist everywhere but because it's not tomm/zariel, it's suddenly an issue?

It's amusing that the one saving grace of the combat re-works, variety, is the one thing that an "endgame" player will attack. As it's been said, exclusivity and/or bis comes and goes constantly, not just in weapons.

The real issue here is people need to pull there heads out and realize the game doesn't and shouldn't revolve around a sense of exclusive endgame content and bis items. If you feel hard done by because all you do is run something you felt exclusive 24/7 day in day out, that's on you. The game is, was and should be bigger than that.

If you presented the argument as merely as it was without directly drawing the endgame exclusivity, then proceeding to bleed tears on how you'd fob your own members off because of it, you'd probably have a better case. Unfortunately your argument is clearly based on a singular and selfish perspective.

a "Hey, boss can we try a Tomm trial today? Never had the experience and would like the challenge"
    b "No man, no need, Tomm exclusivety of bis weapon is gone, so not interested"
    a "Oh but I'm not doing it for the weapons, just the...."
    b "Nope".

Nope.
  • Options
    mr9000rpm#7375 mr9000rpm Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    > @ukspawn said:
    > The problem here is elitism, period. It's nothing to do with an old item being better than a new item, the game is full of those types of items and has been for a long time. I guarantee you that anyone complaining about a difference in damage here didn't feel the need to complain about any other current "old" items that exceed the outputs of "new" items.
    >
    > The problem is obviously it encroaches directly upon something that's considered endgame by self-described elitists. Oh, there's something that can be considered better than something that was exclusive to tomm/zariel? Boo hoo. These exclusive reversal role types of items exist everywhere but because it's not tomm/zariel, it's suddenly an issue?
    >
    > It's amusing that the one saving grace of the combat re-works, variety, is the one thing that an "endgame" player will attack. As it's been said, exclusivity and/or bis comes and goes constantly, not just in weapons.
    >
    > The real issue here is people need to pull there heads out and realize the game doesn't and shouldn't revolve around a sense of exclusive endgame content and bis items. If you feel hard done by because all you do is run something you felt exclusive 24/7 day in day out, that's on you. The game is, was and should be bigger than that.
    >
    > If you presented the argument as merely as it was without directly drawing the endgame exclusivity, then proceeding to bleed tears on how you'd fob your own members off because of it, you'd probably have a better case. Unfortunately your argument is clearly based on a singular and selfish perspective.
    >
    > a "Hey, boss can we try a Tomm trial today? Never had the experience and would like the challenge"
    > b "No man, no need, Tomm exclusivety of bis weapon is gone, so not interested"
    > a "Oh but I'm not doing it for the weapons, just the...."
    > b "Nope".
    >
    > Nope.

Agreed. Elitism is toxic, however the issue still stands that as things are now there is a sense of no reward for completing ToMM of zariel other than personal merit if older weapons are out performing what is the current reward for these trials. Why put yourself and 9 other players through hours of training and tons of resources spent on buffs,scrolls etc to complete something with a lesser reward at the end than something that is 10 mods old. Rework the rewards for these trials. If you’re gonna leave weapons as they are now then add some other incentives or rewards for completing the most challenging trials in the game.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User

> @ukspawn said:

> The problem here is elitism, period. It's nothing to do with an old item being better than a new item, the game is full of those types of items and has been for a long time. I guarantee you that anyone complaining about a difference in damage here didn't feel the need to complain about any other current "old" items that exceed the outputs of "new" items.

>

> The problem is obviously it encroaches directly upon something that's considered endgame by self-described elitists. Oh, there's something that can be considered better than something that was exclusive to tomm/zariel? Boo hoo. These exclusive reversal role types of items exist everywhere but because it's not tomm/zariel, it's suddenly an issue?

>

> It's amusing that the one saving grace of the combat re-works, variety, is the one thing that an "endgame" player will attack. As it's been said, exclusivity and/or bis comes and goes constantly, not just in weapons.

>

> The real issue here is people need to pull there heads out and realize the game doesn't and shouldn't revolve around a sense of exclusive endgame content and bis items. If you feel hard done by because all you do is run something you felt exclusive 24/7 day in day out, that's on you. The game is, was and should be bigger than that.

>

> If you presented the argument as merely as it was without directly drawing the endgame exclusivity, then proceeding to bleed tears on how you'd fob your own members off because of it, you'd probably have a better case. Unfortunately your argument is clearly based on a singular and selfish perspective.

>

> a "Hey, boss can we try a Tomm trial today? Never had the experience and would like the challenge"

> b "No man, no need, Tomm exclusivety of bis weapon is gone, so not interested"

> a "Oh but I'm not doing it for the weapons, just the...."

> b "Nope".

>

> Nope.

Agreed. Elitism is toxic, however the issue still stands that as things are now there is a sense of no reward for completing ToMM of zariel other than personal merit if older weapons are out performing what is the current reward for these trials. Why put yourself and 9 other players through hours of training and tons of resources spent on buffs,scrolls etc to complete something with a lesser reward at the end than something that is 10 mods old. Rework the rewards for these trials. If you’re gonna leave weapons as they are now then add some other incentives or rewards for completing the most challenging trials in the game.

Also agreed, it's supposedly in the works (as all things are). How acceptable it will be is as always, a wait and see game (or don't). The reward issue is bigger than tomm/zariel. Progression for a better item is merely a single form of progression of many, especially in a game that hold's the underlying base for so much more, hopefully that's the way forward. Also to note progression is in the eye of the beholder, let's not just tie it to whatever the latest/difficult content is.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

I am worried about the state of the game. in another thread I show two builds I've made. one pretty cheap. I don't even use most of my enchant slots and the majority Ihave rank 11's in. only old hunt gear and it's clearly superior to my end game toon. What is the point of having enchants at 15? what is the point of trying to get high il gear? what is the point of doing end game dungeons? what is the point of logging in??

I am assuming here that at some point, another trial like Tomm/Zariel will be introduced and it will be unscaled too. (Or they fix Zariel rewards) That way, you will need two loadouts - or more - for scaled/unscaled content.
    Time and $$$, maybe. It is something that lets everybody know who the top dogs are - and who "only" runs scaled content. The (not so) new incentive to run new trials :): Ridicule, since real rewards are off the table.

the difficulty of tomm and zariel is another conversation. in retrospect. I think having something with that difficulty level is fine but they locked out 90 percent of the player base. and there has been nothing to do for like a year and a half in game for them. and trying to get runs is toxic at best for many people. it creates an unhealthy atmosphere. it's created cliques that didn't exist quite the way they do today.

I don't think locking the only decent weapons in the game behind that tier of content AND making it 10 man was ultimately the best way to go. they need more average content with good rewards. it's fine to have ultra difficult content too but not at the expense of the many.

!!!
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I dont think is a problem of elitism. I think is a problem of numbers. It doesnt matter if the weapon is mod 8, 1 or 19, if that weapon is the best in dps BY FAR. The bonuses of the weapons should be more close in damage. You can add lots of things that doesnt affect to damage, and make them interesting.

And the best would be that some weapons are better for some classes or some playstiles, not 1 weapon to rule them all. At least in damage.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor