Install Arc
Options

MIRAGE SET

13»

Comments

• Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    So. Mirage is nerfed to the ground, again, but some people still have problem with that ?!?! Wow. Anyway, after all this changes. It's harder to get mirage set than celestial. So where's a problem ?!?! :) Anyway, new dungeon came... Zariel is past tense.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    It just so happens that in the new dung, there is no new weapons, so the zariel is still valid.
    In the new dung we have only a new set to get.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Mirage still seems viable, looking forward to future buffs. Should probably nerf Lionheart because Celestial is newer and should be out performing it.
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    mushellka said:

It just so happens that in the new dung, there is no new weapons, so the zariel is still valid.

So, you obviously have some problem with mirage set... You always go "lol" on that set... I don't mind. I have even celestial set. I like to experiment will all sets. Anyway, this is mostly pve game..., so why not finish pve dungeon as fast as we can ?!? Only pvp can complain. But pvp have problem with another set.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @mushellka said:
    > If it's not about the boards. . . For fun with friends and exploring old junk, you might as well run around with weapons from the citadel, or legion's weapon :)

We’ve run around with wooden wpns and currently working on the “Army of One” build. Working on finishing gear set to see if all of it can proc at the same time.
    So yes fun!
    Running a contest this week.
    Person who turns into a chicken the most in Illusion Gambit wins a mount pack.
    So yes fun.
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

mushellka said:

So, you obviously have some problem with mirage set... You always go "lol" on that set... I don't mind. I have even celestial set. I like to experiment will all sets. Anyway, this is mostly pve game..., so why not finish pve dungeon as fast as we can ?!? Only pvp can complain. But pvp have problem with another set.
    If you know how to play, weapon from zariel is better for you.
    If not, mirage won't help you anyway.
    It makes me laugh when people add big ideologies to absurdities.
    The same is with companions.
    If your companion doings as much damage as you, then for me those are npc's fights
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    erikanudanerikanudan Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    You only need to complete first round of IG to get the Fleece for Mirage anyways (unless they changed it in M20).

Farm 1st round, decline more rounds, loot rewards, and go again. It's FINDING the ppl that want to grind that weapon set is the tough part. No one wanted to when the illusions were bugged and dealing 0 dmg ... and it WAS a lot easier to solo with the old scaling changes.

Not so much now, I did try once after scaling/combat changes (M20) went into effect. Horrible would be the kindest term.

I've always regretted just turning in my original RD Mirage set for RP to upgrade newer weapon sets, because you couldn't even turn them into transmutes then. So, sacked them for RP for Chult weapons.

I had enough RD mats left over to just reclaim the unrefined set, then just needed to go grind IG solo a lot (well, enough to get my 1 Fleece per run).

But yeah, Aragon had even stated pre-M20 that some older weapon set bonuses would be superior to end game sets.

Everyone complains about Mirage this nerf here or Mirage that nerf there. If the set doesn't work for your build, look for something else!

It's just a game to play and have fun with anyways!

I don't use Mirage for damage anyways! I got more than enough means to ramp my dmg% up that don't even need Mirage.

I use it for (well, here's the spoiler no one has ever mentioned) Combat Advantage bait and taking fewer hits, if you are melee build. Illusions have your HP, so they absorb hits you would take if tanking. (Just predicted next Mirage nerf!)

When they nerf that I will consider looking for some other set with a different set bonus that is BFB (Best For Build), not necessarily BiS based in ilvl. Because losing some ilvl can really make it easier to stat cap.

If you are an AoE EP Spam Assassin, and know how you are built to play as you want to play ... Mirage 'nerfs' have 0 effect on you.

And as for their Bleed mention, I rarely even use Duelist's Flurry (my only other source of Bleed) unless something somehow survives. Rather go ranged on bosses (pop and let the illusions go in to take the dmg) and use the Xuna effect for poisoning from At-Will. My other source is Rat Pup's Instincts (or whatever it is) ... 30% chance on EP use to place a Bleed on target. Yeah, love that rat pup!

Rant off.

Elsill Killya
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    People, don't feed the troll...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF