test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

haven't been able to pull one legendary mount

teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
i haven't been opening up lockboxs for a while and after opening up some today that i haven't been able to pull any legendary mount for how frustrating this has been for me and how i can only pull out epic mounts and companions but not legendary so come on cryptic let me have the legendary toad please for the exchange

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I've managed all of 2 leg mounts in the time I've been playing. Mostly I've gotten RP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    It is totally RNG.
    Did you open over 700 lockbox in a row?
    Last time I heard, somebody opened 5000 lockbox in a row in preview (not one per day) and at that time, the rate of getting a legendary mount was 0.15%.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Let me tell you a true story....

My husband took our two boys camping when they were young, and while looking up at the night sky, one of the boys asked him, "Why don't you play the lottery Dad? Aunt Cindy plays it all the time."
    My husband replied, "Let's play a game. Pick a star in the sky and don't tell me. Okay you got one?"
    "Yes.", they both stated.
    "Okay, my star is that one there he pointed, is that the one you picked?"
    "No." they both answered.
    "Now pay me a dollar!", he then asked, "How long do you want to play this game?".

Odds are estimated by players, the Legendary mounts drop somewhere around 1 in 800. Let us know when you opened more than 8000 and haven't seen any. Good Luck!
    been playing since mod5 where my account has never seen a legendary mount since i have opened lockboxs cause i have opened up so many that i know i will never get one for how frustrating it has been why i didn't want other epic toad and hope it would of been legendary why i have given up wanting to open them cause i just did not want to get robbed again for how i have already gotten one Turmish Lion, one Starfade Stag, 2 Mist Form, 2 Epic Swirlwind, 3 Epic Toads, 3 Epic Carpet of Flying, thee Epic Triceratops, 4 Cavalry Tyrannosaur and one Epic Razorwood 3 Epic Tamed Velociraptor, 3 Epic Savage Allosaur
  • Options

My husband took our two boys camping when they were young, and while looking up at the night sky, one of the boys asked him, "Why don't you play the lottery Dad? Aunt Cindy plays it all the time."
    My husband replied, "Let's play a game. Pick a star in the sky and don't tell me. Okay you got one?"
    "Now pay me a dollar!", he then asked, "How long do you want to play this game?".

Odds are estimated by players, the Legendary mounts drop somewhere around 1 in 800. Let us know when you opened more than 8000 and haven't seen any. Good Luck!
    been playing since mod5 where my account has never seen a legendary mount since i have opened lockboxs cause i have opened up so many that i know i will never get one for how frustrating it has been why i didn't want other epic toad and hope it would of been legendary why i have given up wanting to open them cause i just did not want to get robbed again for how i have already gotten one Turmish Lion, one Starfade Stag, 2 Mist Form, 2 Epic Swirlwind, 3 Epic Toads, 3 Epic Carpet of Flying, thee Epic Triceratops, 4 Cavalry Tyrannosaur and one Epic Razorwood 3 Epic Tamed Velociraptor, 3 Epic Savage Allosaur
    Sell them and don't expect you can get Legendary mount from lockbox at all.
    If you want one, go to AH to buy one. It is dirt cheap right now (relatively) and it is account wide too.
    I gave up opening lockbox years ago and I currently have 900 unused lockbox keys and counting.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

It is totally RNG.
    Did you open over 700 lockbox in a row?
    Last time I heard, somebody opened 5000 lockbox in a row in preview (not one per day) and at that time, the rate of getting a legendary mount was 0.15%.

i have tried opening every new lockbox where i have done i think over 400 or more and still nothing since my main got one under two keys without trying
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    There are many who have played since the soft release of the game, and have not gotten legendaries at all. It's not that common to get, the chances are insanely small. You see lots of people getting the reward in the spam due to the sheer number of people opening them, whether from VIP or Zen buy. Believe it or not, this game is one of the more populated mmorpgs (ranges from top 10 to 20 depending on the mod).
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

i haven't been opening up lockboxs for a while and after opening up some today that i haven't been able to pull any legendary mount for how frustrating this has been for me and how i can only pull out epic mounts and companions but not legendary so come on cryptic let me have the legendary toad please for the exchange

If you're looking for something else from a lockbox, but only if you're really looking for something else -that's when you will get your first Legendary - it worked for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

If you're looking for something else from a lockbox, but only if you're really looking for something else -that's when you will get your first Legendary - it worked for me.
    It worked for me too. :)

It can read our mind. I actually opened lockbox 6 months ago for trying to get some Mark of Potency (rank 6 I think). Heck, I had 700 lockbox keys back then. Why not? Well, I did not get the Mark of Potency I wanted. I got the first legendary mount from lockbox. :)
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Suggestion:

Play the game for a few hours before opening lockboxes. Personally, I believe its totally random. My own personal quirk of perception is that if read my mail, invoke, open all the bags, then immediately open a lockbox after logging in... I tend to hit a lot of junk draws. Much less often, i've waited till after a few dungeons & quests to open lockboxes... yet have pulled most of my mounts, companion packs, and rare draws this way. Probably in my head or just the way it randomly played out for me... but hey, if you desparately need some luck.. try it out.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    0.15% droprate(empirically tested) means you have 30% chance to not get a drop after opening 800 lockboxes.

You could of course have gotten several legendary drops by that time, but 30% of us will not see a legendary drop in 800 lockboxes.

VIP was introduced in August 2015. I bought VIP a few weeks after it was introduced and I have more or less opened my lockbox each day minus vacations etc. So lets say I have opened 4.5 years of lockboxes * 365 days/year = 1642 lockboxes. Lets say 1500 due to some missed days.

I have still not gotten a normal legendary drop from lockboxes. (Normal because I did get one in the 10 minutes the Stardock lockbox was bugged with 100% legendary droprate.). So the probability of me missing a drop in those 1500 lockboxes is 10.5%.

The RNG hates me.

And since this is drawing from a constant size pool without memory it does not in any way increase my probability of getting one going forward.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Suggestion:

Play the game for a few hours before opening lockboxes. Personally, I believe its totally random. My own personal quirk of perception is that if read my mail, invoke, open all the bags, then immediately open a lockbox after logging in... I tend to hit a lot of junk draws. Much less often, i've waited till after a few dungeons & quests to open lockboxes... yet have pulled most of my mounts, companion packs, and rare draws this way. Probably in my head or just the way it randomly played out for me... but hey, if you desparately need some luck.. try it out.

My personal take at improving likelihood of a good drop is to weekly sacrifice an elfin virgin to the RNG.

But seriously: The RNGs used in computer games generally are quite good with the correct even distribution, and because your drawings are interspersed with a random number of drawings generated by other people the drawings you observe probably move away from pseudorandom towards truly random.

But that is assuming things are correctly coded :)
  • Options
    my account has never seen a legendary mount since mod5 for how the keys never pulled one out of vip i dont think i will never get one why i just stopped trying for one for how i can only get epic mounts and companions but no legendary
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Well, the newer lockboxes are just HAMSTER, but the older ones are working just fine, and looking at your list of loot from lockboxes in general, i'd say that is at least one legendary mount right there...

The only problem i see for the near future is when they release mythical mounts into the game through new lockboxes, since that will pretty much make the older lockboxes not worth opening anymore, but that's another story.

Anyway, you might not have gotten the big prize directly, but you really can't complain about what you did get.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

If you want one, go to AH to buy one. It is dirt cheap right now (relatively) and it is account wide too.

How do you know it is account wide? I got a Barlgura last week and have been watching the AH to find a good time to sell. I don't see any mention of account-wide in the description. If it is really account-wide, I may use the mount myself then as I don't don't have a legendary mount on any of my toons. I've always sold the ones I got from lockboxes.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Account-wide mounts have "Account" beside their name, saw at least one below 5m AD in the AH and most of them are currently around 6m AD, regular legendary mounts start at 4.3m AD atm.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

There are many who have played since the soft release of the game, and have not gotten legendaries at all. It's not that common to get, the chances are insanely small. You see lots of people getting the reward in the spam due to the sheer number of people opening them, whether from VIP or Zen buy. Believe it or not, this game is one of the more populated mmorpgs (ranges from top 10 to 20 depending on the mod).

One of the more frustrating things is, you often see the same 2 -3 dozen accounts dropping the legendaries.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

How do you know it is account wide? I got a Barlgura last week and have been watching the AH to find a good time to sell. I don't see any mention of account-wide in the description. If it is really account-wide, I may use the mount myself then as I don't don't have a legendary mount on any of my toons. I've always sold the ones I got from lockboxes.

Go to AH. Click mount. Search "Account". Yours is not account wide. The one from lockbox is not account wide (at this moment).
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

I understand, Cryptic tosses that slab up on your screen every 5 to 10 minutes saying, "Mr. Lucky won a Legendary Mount in the Lockbox of Awesome!" Players think... I can win one too. So they buy zen or save up AD and wait 35 days to buy zen for VIP. Then day after countless day all they get are epics at best. So who are all these "winners"? In the past, Cryptic gave away keys to people to promote the game or current campaign on YouTube and Twitch. Also you have to remember, there are thousands of people playing at peak times.

I have played since Alpha testing, I didn't like the way the game was looking back then. I took some time off and returned well after Shadow Mantel dropped. I never spent a dime on this game. I spent cash money on the other Cryptic games, but not one dime on this one. I applaud those who pay cash money to keep the game running. You are my heroes. I also applaud those who open lock boxes, you keep the auction house full of items to buy. This game offers me nothing from the zen store. But if you want a legendary mount you are best to buy it for AD in the Auction House.

I personally see no benefit to owning a legendary mount for myself. They currently offer a 3 pack of choice in the zen store. This is priced at $150.50 US dollars, 15,050 zen, or 11,287,500 in AD converted to zen. Anyone can make 3 million a month in rAD and have this pack in about 1 year. If you can wheel and deal (buy low and sell high) in the Auction House you can make it faster. I really don't need or want a legendary mount. In fact, when I started playing (prior to insignia) there really was no need for a mount at all. I think back then the biggest maps were Mount Hotenow and Velosk? I walked everywhere. Legendary mounts with combat powers are not D&D to me. My idea would be to make a horse to carry more stuff, that is more useful to me.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    hey sandukutupu hey yo fyi that pack you talking about... ya that was limited time only lol....... that went away on the 9th when the april fools event ended lol just to say
  • Options

hey sandukutupu hey yo fyi that pack you talking about... ya that was limited time only lol....... that went away on the 9th when the april fools event ended lol just to say

It went away yesterday. It was extended.
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

It went away yesterday. It was extended.
    ah well the extension i aint know about lol
  • Options
    neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I got a Legendary mount which I didn't expect as well Legendary companion; but since then nada however still fun opening them for me anyway.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • Options

I understand, Cryptic tosses that slab up on your screen every 5 to 10 minutes saying, "Mr. Lucky won a Legendary Mount in the Lockbox of Awesome!" Players think... I can win one too. So they buy zen or save up AD and wait 35 days to buy zen for VIP. Then day after countless day all they get are epics at best. So who are all these "winners"? In the past, Cryptic gave away keys to people to promote the game or current campaign on YouTube and Twitch. Also you have to remember, there are thousands of people playing at peak times.

I have played since Alpha testing, I didn't like the way the game was looking back then. I took some time off and returned well after Shadow Mantel dropped. I never spent a dime on this game. I spent cash money on the other Cryptic games, but not one dime on this one. I applaud those who pay cash money to keep the game running. You are my heroes. I also applaud those who open lock boxes, you keep the auction house full of items to buy. This game offers me nothing from the zen store. But if you want a legendary mount you are best to buy it for AD in the Auction House.

I personally see no benefit to owning a legendary mount for myself. They currently offer a 3 pack of choice in the zen store. This is priced at $150.50 US dollars, 15,050 zen, or 11,287,500 in AD converted to zen. Anyone can make 3 million a month in rAD and have this pack in about 1 year. If you can wheel and deal (buy low and sell high) in the Auction House you can make it faster. I really don't need or want a legendary mount. In fact, when I started playing (prior to insignia) there really was no need for a mount at all. I think back then the biggest maps were Mount Hotenow and Velosk? I walked everywhere. Legendary mounts with combat powers are not D&D to me. My idea would be to make a horse to carry more stuff, that is more useful to me.
    i forgot to say as well that i did get 3 Epic monkeys as well where my account hasn't seen anything i wanted in the game cause i have other account that has seen more legendary mounts than this one why they should of let me have the legendary toad than the boring epic one i have gotten to many times
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Special offers do come and go, but if you save up the AD, you can be ready for the next one. I am of the habit of only upgrading armor and gear every 4 modules now. All of my characters are jumping out of the Ravenloft 770 armor into the Antiquities of Avernus 1225 armors. It is actually making me feel a bit over powered. Too bad they don't have weapons for this module. I am either upgrading those to Alabaster set or purchasing the player made weapons at 950. There is always something shiny around the next corner.

Thanks for the information!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greyhawken777greyhawken777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Statistics and probabilities should be required subjects for all gamers, even more so for D&D players.

Here's an exercise. Find 5d6. Roll them. When you get all 1s, you win a legendary. Go on. How long are you willing to roll those dice until you get all 1s? Oh, by the way, you must pay 1 lockbox key for each roll.

The problem is we're not sure if Cryptic changes how many dice you are rolling at any given time, and what kind of dice. We're assuming it's always the same number of identically-shaped dice. Oh well. As many have already suggested, the only "sure" way to get the mount you want is to buy it off the AH. For maximum value, get the account-wide mounts. You can grind 7-8M AD in about 80 days. Or you can continue to roll those dice.
  • Options

Special offers do come and go, but if you save up the AD, you can be ready for the next one. I am of the habit of only upgrading armor and gear every 4 modules now. All of my characters are jumping out of the Ravenloft 770 armor into the Antiquities of Avernus 1225 armors. It is actually making me feel a bit over powered. Too bad they don't have weapons for this module. I am either upgrading those to Alabaster set or purchasing the player made weapons at 950. There is always something shiny around the next corner.

Thanks for the information!
    they used to let you pull out a legendary with a epic mount but some how that has changed where they should of kept them together cause i just had enough of all of the boring epic stuff coming out of lockboxs

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I must say played the game for along time and only got 1 from a lockbox. Most people that would toss money at those little boxes in hope of good things I say have at it. I my self do not wish to play a lottery game inside a game.
    I will open my 1 box per day and that will be fine.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    My best plan is to buy 10 keys before opening day and use them on opening day, because for "some reason" there always seem to be more "announcements" of Legendary Winners on the first day of issue. could be Font-End Loading of the better equipment to entice the "Suckers" to buy more keys.

• Options
    i know they wont say anything on my post about me pulling other epic toad i just had enough of this HAMSTER and them not letting me have a legendary mount should of pulled out a couple already from every lockbox but i cant and i know why