test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CDP Topic: Rewards & Progression

1171819202123»

Comments

• franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User

It's the difference between how Neverwinter was in the beginning, when every progress could be felt, and what it is becoming lately, a kind of oriental-style grindy game.

Neverwinter has always been an Asian grindy game. From the very beginning.

• cwhitesidedev#9752 cwhitesidedev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 253 Cryptic Developer
    Hi All,

Anymore top 3s? I will say how the day goes on CDP and if not then we will close the thread tonight.

The CDP CDP @rjc9000 has been asked for by many CDP members and will focus on how to make the format of the CDP more accessible and valuable.

Chris
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

rjc9000 said:

What's the topic of this other cocurrent CDP supposed to be about?

It's a CDP on the CDP. No joke. That's what it is.
    Is this some kind of twisted joke?

Isn't it a bit early to give feedback on feedback when none of the feedback suggested in the CDPs has actually made it into the game?
    YO DAWG, WE heard you like feedback.. SO here is some feedback to go with your feedback.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    @cwhitesidedev

Nothing to add, but i want to say as a feedback that this kind of communication is really nice to see and read, no matter how pleased or not i am with what have been picked up from the CDP to add in your "todo list".

It's intersting, from my perspective, to have a general longterm glance at where you are driving the game to (or trying to) and include the players point of vue in the process. Hope it will lead to nice win-win situations (business-playfulness)

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    @cwhitesidedev#9752 Very good list. It seems that the CDP has been working quite well. Now, on with the CDP on the CDP to make it even better. :)
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • zhar01zhar01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Hi All,

Thanks so much again for what has been an excellent CDP. Thank you all for the time, effort and passion you put in as well. I feel like the group is working much better together and the next CDP will help to solidify that further.

I'm late on feedback, but regarding this considerations I wish to ask some that are not there:

- Make enchants bound to slot and not on equip (like the bonding runestones) cause with the prices of press wards is almost impossible to have two perfect builds on the same char.

- Conect some paths on old maps like south areas of river district where you have to walk in circles to get from one he to another. Chult is another walkish map.

- Put time on BHE's like the dragons one cause with legacy campaigns is a pain in the HAMSTER sit for 40min waiting for one to spawn.

- Let who completed Icewind Dale Campaing to acess dwarven valley and the other map without join a faction in Caer-Kong first.
  • gotfloundergotflounder Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    zhar01 said:

Hi All,

Thanks so much again for what has been an excellent CDP. Thank you all for the time, effort and passion you put in as well. I feel like the group is working much better together and the next CDP will help to solidify that further.

I'm late on feedback, but regarding this considerations I wish to ask some that are not there:

- Make enchants bound to slot and not on equip (like the bonding runestones) cause with the prices of press wards is almost impossible to have two perfect builds on the same char.

You can currently move bonding runestones and all other enchants back and forth between characters, so you only need 1 set in theory.
    Essence of Aggression

Flounder is Coming (GWF)
    Hate is Coming (HR)
    Sulfuric the Acid (CW)
    Lost and Flound (TR)

My Twitch

eoa
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Hi Chris, thanks for the summation. Can you let us know if you are thinking of moving effects of artifact weapons (the ones we spend cubes to unlock/increase, AD to change), and make them either a separate slotted item or tab or 'stone'? This would help with horizontal progression (building up your repertoire), less bug checking as the effects stay stable for longer, and finally, help with the "drop this, pickup that" mentality (in my opinion).

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • cwhitesidedev#9752 cwhitesidedev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 253 Cryptic Developer
    Hi All,

On top of all the hard work that every has put into the thread you can also see/hear the fruits of your labor from various content creators and community members on Youtube:

https://youtube.com/results?search_query=neverwinter+cdp

Some of the below sections are copied and pasted so everyone can understand how we move forward with the ideas, discussions and comments.

'I was going to frame things as a proposal but I think we are all mature enough for me to actually communicate what we are planning to work on (or are actively working on) with the caveat that all features and content are subject to change. If there is ever a big course correct we will let you know. I hope that sounds ok.

The CDP discussion will help inform the work moving forward and no doubt we will be reaching out for further info, questions and/or thoughts regarding certain topics. We will do this on streams, through mini CDP topics, in some cases calls, emails and of course re-reading and discussing specific posts from this CDP. And we will keep everyone up to date on the progress in these areas both through communication and the preview server (An example of this was the sharing of the road-map).

Therefore we intend to be working in the following areas this year although some of the features, systems and content will be released in phases. To this end we will be publishing a high level road map in the coming weeks!'

Note: Much of this CDP will be included in Mod 20 as well as CDP 1.Again timing and execution is subject to change but we will keep you informed if there are major changes in direction and you will be able to see the execution of the intent in preview as well as potentially showing progress in separate threads in the CDP section of the forum.

In some case below I have copied and pasted from top 3 favorites from CDP members:

Item Redundancy - Vertical progression items will be part of mod deployments and horizontal progression items will be part of episode deployments.

Return on Investment- Rewards from all content should be directly related to the stats, time and effort required to complete the content. Items should only be bound to account or unbound.

Horizontal Progression - Add more horizontal progression - in multiple aspects of the game (from campaigns, boons, gear, to feats) (feat like effects and abilities and items that can also offer both negative and positive modifiers dependent on your class and those you play with for example).

Campaigns - Needs to be made more horizontal in my opinion in terms of progression/rewards. Boons should be worth the time/effort required to obtain them. Drops in BHE's and dungeons for each campaign, episodes should have rare drops based on the thematic of the story, potential for Mastercraft drops, and progression of personal boons tied to enemy achievements.

Professions - Time, investment and effort should be reflected in the value of items that are able to be produced. Crafting and playing the market "are" the game for some players. Professions should not be ignored for extended periods and should be updated with every MOD.

Streamlining Currencies- Reduce the number of currencies across the game. Allow currencies to be used to buy updated and relevant items, including Professions Ingredients and Guild Coffer donations and give multiple avenues to item acquisition

Revamp 'Stores'- rewards in the Ardent Favor & Celestial Synergy and Revamp the Rewards of Devotion from Invoking. Add a superstore instead of WB/TB store/Legacy/Invocation/Legacy seals/dragonflight.

Content Scaling - should also equal reward scaling, meaning the rewards should at the very least be on the actual character level.

Account Wide Rewards - Do a pass on category of rewards and look at making some account bound (More details to follow).

Bridges and Progression Golden Path - Build and repair existing bridges in progression and content gating.

For Consideration - Add a Universal vendor that accepts outdated items and gives players Rewards in exchange.

For Consideration - Add leaderboard/highscores - for times/# of completions and maybe also solo times? It's so simple yet so effective (It is actually quite complex in terms of how players could have separate goals or needs in the same content as someone else with a different goal. We will discuss)

For Consideration - Mentoring is something we will discuss in more detail in another CDP.

We will leave the thread open for 24 hours should anyone have anymore comments or feedback regarding the above.

Chris

P.S: Our next topics are PVP and CDP. We will stagger these with PVP going first and Rob H will manage that working group with you all.
This discussion has been closed.