test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you play random queues for fun or for RAD?

Simple question:

Do you people play random queues for fun or for RAD?

I was posting in another thread on lack of player experience and realised that actually, I just play them for RAD. LOMM offered some challenge the first time that our guild ran through it and tried to work out how to overcome the encounters, but that's been the only dungeon for a while that offered that to me.

(I'm just under the ilvl for TOMM and our guild doesn't yet have 10 people ready).

Comments

• Options
    chnops68chnops68 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I used to just run the bottom 2 random Q’s just for RAD and I didn’t find it fun at all but after this latest patch, I run all 4 random Q’s for RAD and am having a lot of fun doing it!!! I main an end game warlock and really enjoy playing again now that my class is in a much better place. For me at least I had fun playing all content this weekend and earned about 350k RAD, who ever fixed the game... GOOD JOB BRUH!!!
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2019

on occasion I would run random que for fun. I don't think it's funny anymore. the difficulty levels/scaling seem off again. did a demo and it was way too serious. I have no interest in playing those dungeons at original time and difficulty for their original rewards. the ad sure isn't worth it. If i'm gonna run harder stuff I want the actual pay out. I'll que up codg t9 lomm because the rewards are worth the time spent. in all honesty it's really ruining the game for me.

they really need to ditch scaling. I really dislike all progress being wiped out. I've put millions into my toon. I should ALWAYS be able to feel that power. but I don't. it doesn't feel good. it doesn't feel rewarding. and so many things in this game the reward just isn't equal to the effort. and rewards DO matter in this game. so does time spent. time is real. I'm not gonna bust a corpuscle doing 4 year old content for nothing. it should be a cake walk for my current toon with any low level random I choose to run with. (and yes you can still probably steam roll with an end game group but you've got rocks in your noggin if you think i'm going to spend the time rounding up an end game try hard group for four year old content. I run with the noobs because it's relaxing. or I used to.

I'm not even talking difficult with multiple wipes like the current cta. i'm just talking it takes for FREAKING ever to kill anything. how is that fun? who thought that was a good time. gee guys I really love this game but you know what? mobs should really take five minutes to kill. my trigger finger is feeling weak. it needs exercise. yeah I really want a five minute que to take 15 or 20 for the same HAMSTER five year old rewards. cause that's FUN. gee yeah..

on the bright side though.. I did about 20 codgs this weekend. not a single fail.. did they tone down pp a little? I haven't seen it so farmable since mod 16 hit
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Can't I do both?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I play the game in general for fun because i love gaming. I FARM for AD only.

All group content currently, excluding ToMM which i am not sufficiently geared for in my eyes, is pretty much only a way for me to farm AD, fun is not even a consideration when picking what content i will do for the day. After only 5 months of progress on this account i am already over gearing everything on 3 characters to the point where there is zero challenge a.k.a fun to be had unless i am dealing with bugs or heavy lag ( looking at you Idris ).

Focusing on *just having fun*, whatever that means, is why you still see people whine and scream that the sky is falling because they have played for sometimes years yet still can't reliably complete Tiamat or ToNG because the game is too hard or something.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Simple answer to Simple question: Yes.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    I don't do RQ because it is not fun.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I got valindras tower last night and it was fun to actually have a bit of a fight at the boss. Alliance assault necklace is worthless but whatever.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I play the game in general for fun because i love gaming. I FARM for AD only.

All group content currently, excluding ToMM which i am not sufficiently geared for in my eyes, is pretty much only a way for me to farm AD, fun is not even a consideration when picking what content i will do for the day. After only 5 months of progress on this account i am already over gearing everything on 3 characters to the point where there is zero challenge a.k.a fun to be had unless i am dealing with bugs or heavy lag ( looking at you Idris ).

Focusing on *just having fun*, whatever that means, is why you still see people whine and scream that the sky is falling because they have played for sometimes years yet still can't reliably complete Tiamat or ToNG because the game is too hard or something.

Players, who dont have your opinion whine and you argue, yes?

If it is whining, if I state, that I cant solo trails and at least half of the random players dont contribute, I am whining. It is a sad fact, that solo or duo runs of some dungeons are faster then RQ runs, bc you dont waste half of your time waiting for AFK players.

As it is, rq runs without a premade group is sometimes fun and a pain in the ... most of the times.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I do them for AD, normally I'm just looking for a fast way to get my RAD but occasionally you get a pleasant surprise when an enjoyable Dungeon pops up or a Dungeon that you haven't run in a while.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Up until the recent queue fiasco, I used to queue directly for the content I: knew my characters could handle, thought was most fun, and had useful rewards. But now it's not as fun - not sure why, but something feels off, and it's certainly less rewarding. What I used to earn in one run, it now takes anywhere from 5-10 depending on my luck with rerolls.
  • Options
    isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Randoms with guild members: I'll run with em for fun. rAD backlog is 5-6 days back across my chars.
    Randoms with... randoms: The main reason I used to say I was allergic to random queues.

I've found I enjoy running the random queue simply for getting set somewhere I haven't run in several mods. Other night guild group landed in ToNG and we had a great time chatting about 'the good ole days'.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    RAD for me. I'd imagine most people also do it for RAD.

The LoMM queue is mostly dead now ever since REQ was removed. While it seemed a bit silly to have a RQ with only one dungeon, the RQ reward did encouraged the well geared to run it once a day even if they did not need seals. Last night I queued my Rogue and went to clean the house. Nearly an hour and a half later and I was done cleaning, still in queue. I switched to my Paladin tank and still had to wait. I called it a night. For the past week, I did only one LoMM run. I used to do it almost every night.
  • Options
    asterotg said:

If it is whining, if I state, that I cant solo trails and at least half of the random players dont contribute, I am whining. It is a sad fact, that solo or duo runs of some dungeons are faster then RQ runs, bc you dont waste half of your time waiting for AFK players.

What do you expect when a player decides that going for a smoke is more important than contributing?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User

RAD for me. I'd imagine most people also do it for RAD.

The LoMM queue is mostly dead now ever since REQ was removed. While it seemed a bit silly to have a RQ with only one dungeon, the RQ reward did encouraged the well geared to run it once a day even if they did not need seals. Last night I queued my Rogue and went to clean the house. Nearly an hour and a half later and I was done cleaning, still in queue. I switched to my Paladin tank and still had to wait. I called it a night. For the past week, I did only one LoMM run. I used to do it almost every night.

I highly suggest using private channels to form groups for LoMM. It is very active with groups being formed.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I hardly ever do randoms for anything anymore and get more than enough AD only playing the dungeons I want to play. The randomness of the ques didn't seem very random at all really...kept getting the same content I don't want to play at all so I just gave up. It's disappointing that they went and removed ndemo after I made a bunch of lesser demonic keys to run it...only options for those now is between pom and throne of dwarven gods...and those aren't very fun anymore. I get people like the changes, but most of the combat has a fake feeling to it really...kinda like the battle is already predetermined and the game just wastes time playing itself out. This new combat system seems like they're trying to kill the game so they can move onto other projects. Oh well...it was fun while it lasted.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Well, once upon a time dungeon and skirmish runs were at least a little bit of fun, not to mention that they were also more or less rewarding in the end, but the changes done to them really killed all of that quickly.

I mean, i could understand increasing the difficulty for better and with the player level consistent rewards, but the overall rewards have been nerfed as well, and while i sometimes even did use Legedary Dragon Keys on a reward chest when i ran out of campaign keys, there's no point in doing that anymore now.

And i'm still wondering why any company or Dev would think, that i would give another game from them a chance, when they run their current game straight into the ground with decisions like these...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    For me a lot of the "fun" has been leached away by the few higher level players who seem to be running content solely for AD's. This group runs ahead of the rest of the party, sometimes kills mobs along the way - sometimes not leaving mobs for stragglers to have to contend with, in short only seems to care about their player experience and to hell with anyone else’s.

I understand it, I do, but particularly in leveling dungeons when the “New Player” message pops up, if a person can’t take a couple of extra minutes to ensure that new players has an entertaining and edifying experience as well as the benefit of an AD reward at the end – I’m to the point of believing those kinds of players shouldn’t even be allowed to queue for lower leveling dungeons because we take the chance of turning a new or newish players opinion against the game all due to a few player's singlemindedness and lack of consideration for new players.

Neverwinter will not continue to prosper without new players, but that’s just my 2¢.
    DD~
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    definitly for Fun, me and a friend of mine propably enjoy pugging a little to much :)
    That beeing said, it amazes me how easy all the dungeons have become.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I only run random q's when I'm with at least 1 friend, preferably 2, even more preferably 4 friends.

So I guess you could say I run them for fun and the rAD is secondary.

I refuse to run randoms solo anymore though. The days of my tank being top DPS in a dungeon are behind me. Way too much frustration to get through an entire T9G, just to have to leave at the last boss because none of the DPS can kill a soul...even if all 3 of them are trying to take out the same soul...and still failing.
    dionchi said:

This group runs ahead of the rest of the party, sometimes kills mobs along the way - sometimes not leaving mobs for stragglers to have to contend with, in short only seems to care about their player experience and to hell with anyone else’s.

And that's the reason why some older content now has more doors/gates added to them. To slow down runs and force people to wait.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    greywynd said:

asterotg said:

What do you expect when a player decides that going for a smoke is more important than contributing?
    Funny, that you say that. I just did that, a few days ago. Going for a smoke. Regarding contributing: My dps had aggro all the time, I healed myself via stones of health and did 80% of the dmg.

Fist I asked my teammates, why they dont join the group. Is there a problem? A few minutes later I wrote, plz try to concentrate for a few minutes, to finish this run. After waiting a few minutes at the first boss, to begin the fight, I asked, why they joined the que, if they are occupied otherwise.

Language could not have been the problem, bc I wrote to some players in their native language, when they did not respond to english posts.

After I died in the bossfight and the two surviving players tried to dps him down I went for a smoke and told the other players so. Dont get me wrong. This is rude behavior, I know. But if you dont regard your teammates, why should they do otherwise.

BTW, I left the group, after the next player disconnected and another player left the group. A 20+ min TONG run ended at the first boss. As it is, 2 or 3 decent players can finish the dungeon in less time.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    I was the tank that left waiting for you to come back.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Wow! Shots fired!!

Anyways...when I ran them, it was mostly solo pugging for rAD with the occasional run with friends & guildies (70%/30%). That was all before mod 17.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2019

on occasion I would run random que for fun. I don't think it's funny anymore. the difficulty levels/scaling seem off again. did a demo and it was way too serious. I have no interest in playing those dungeons at original time and difficulty for their original rewards. the ad sure isn't worth it. If i'm gonna run harder stuff I want the actual pay out. I'll que up codg t9 lomm because the rewards are worth the time spent. in all honesty it's really ruining the game for me.

they really need to ditch scaling. I really dislike all progress being wiped out. I've put millions into my toon. I should ALWAYS be able to feel that power. but I don't. it doesn't feel good. it doesn't feel rewarding. and so many things in this game the reward just isn't equal to the effort. and rewards DO matter in this game. so does time spent. time is real. I'm not gonna bust a corpuscle doing 4 year old content for nothing. it should be a cake walk for my current toon with any low level random I choose to run with. (and yes you can still probably steam roll with an end game group but you've got rocks in your noggin if you think i'm going to spend the time rounding up an end game try hard group for four year old content. I run with the noobs because it's relaxing. or I used to.

I'm not even talking difficult with multiple wipes like the current cta. i'm just talking it takes for FREAKING ever to kill anything. how is that fun? who thought that was a good time. gee guys I really love this game but you know what? mobs should really take five minutes to kill. my trigger finger is feeling weak. it needs exercise. yeah I really want a five minute que to take 15 or 20 for the same HAMSTER five year old rewards. cause that's FUN. gee yeah..

on the bright side though.. I did about 20 codgs this weekend. not a single fail.. did they tone down pp a little? I haven't seen it so farmable since mod 16 hit

I'm gonna pick on fireside cat as a baseline for my opinion.

1st - Unlike Fireside, I don't think scaling is way off.. it just needs small adjustments. Like Fireside, I am very discouraged by getting (about 25% of the time) thrown into failing trials where i am replacing the abandoning players. Other times(25%), I barely carry a team of lowly performing players, using everything i got + consumables to barely beat the buzzer for them. It should be a team effort.

2nd - Unlike fireside, I love the scaling, but I think players with higher IL than the mission should retain some stats or receive an edge for their service and dedication. Making everyone the same is a morale killer. Many players have become reluctant to spend time & dollars to improve their characters just for two end dungeons.. one with rewards they can purchase on auction, the other they can't even access without being elite.

3rd - I absolutely agree with Fireside that lower tier dungeons (using scaling) must find a way to reward advanced characters. My suggestion is this: characters receive an AD bonus multiplier when their true IL exceeds the dungeon IL, equal to that ratio: So.... if your characters true IL is 150% of the dungeon IL, you are awarded 150% of the AD from the end of the dungeon (not from the random queue) Only bad thing is most end-gamers cant convert any more raw AD.. they are maxxed. This brings me to my next suggestion....

Install a new vendor in PE that sells a small selection of stuff for raw Astral Diamonds.

10,000 rAD Cube of Augmentation (bound to account)
    15,000 rAD Companion Token (bound to account)
    20,000 rAD Preservation Ward (bound to account)

These, three are useful to anyone. Only the Preservation wards could be converted to profit if used to sell upgraded items, which is the reason their price is set high.

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    My daily standard AD farm activity is solo pugging REQ and RTQ. This is pure AD farm and having fun does not enter much into it at that level.

But: After the latest patches I find I am having some fun in those again! Cryptic seems to have gotten the challenge level on them right now, they are no longer straight rollover, nor are they too hard. It seems Cryptic finally got enough experience with their mod 16 combat system to set the dungeons at the 'right' challenge levels.

Those few times run fails it has actually been mostly due to newbie players not knowing how to play properly. Players running ahead of tank and then whining because they get slaughtered. Players not getting out of red fields. Players not having the stamina to handle a few wipes. Players not knowing the tactics for the various zones, and not telling group they are newbies so we can provide instructions.

And btw: Solo pugging also is a way to keep game fresh. You get a new team and a new challenge each time. The downside is the occasional failed run.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019

...I love the scaling, but I think players with higher IL than the mission should retain some stats or receive an edge for their service and dedication. Making everyone the same is a morale killer. Many players have become reluctant to spend time & dollars to improve their characters just for two end dungeons.. one with rewards they can purchase on auction, the other they can't even access without being elite.

I don't even think they're the same are they? I read in a few other threads how players were seeing some of their higher IL character's stats getting suppressed to values less than their lowK character's stats.

That can't be right - I mean I believe them since this past cta saw numerous examples of lowk players outscoring active players with 10K or more IL - but that shouldn't even be possible.
  • Options
    antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I ran RQs only for shards of power/doing your part but much less since the scaling changes and not at all since the queue changes. I was not looking for RAD and I do not find them fun.
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    For RAD, and there is other content in the game? in fact, the only thing I do, is login, do my randoms, logout.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @frogwalloper#6494 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I don't even think they're the same are they? I read in a few other threads how players were seeing some of their higher IL character's stats getting suppressed to values less than their lowK character's stats.
    >
    > That can't be right - I mean I believe them since this past cta saw numerous examples of lowk players outscoring active players with 10K or more IL - but that shouldn't even be possible.

well equiped and built chars still way outperfrom lower IL chars even when scaled.