test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paladin, mod 16 thoughts.

leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
Hello fellow players, I just wanted to start a polite conversation. Or more of a read on my CLASSmates ( pun intended ) thoughts on Paladin.
Shortly describe what you like and dont like about paladin. Feel free to only write negatives if you only have those, or only positives if you have nothing negative to add. And also feel free to post what others posted, im VERY interested how people view the changes.

Gonna start here.

I hightly dislike divinity as a resource, I think it prevents the class from developing, changing and being interesting.

I hightly like the looks of new weapon/armor sets ( mostly watcher set mainhand mace looks amazing! ) and new daily looks fabulous.

Please share your thoughts.

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Still lukewarm. Things like scaling bother me along with powers available to other classes with either a tank or heal option having better tools to do the job than what we have available. Yes we have tools to fill the role but its either not simple or comes with a cost (divinity in most cases).

As principally a heal pally, I'm worried that the barriers aren't really doing anything to break folks of their bad habits - like standing in the red. Can't tell you how many times I've run with groups in dungeons and they seem to stay in broadcast red zones after I've hit them with either touch or shelter, only for them to take the hit, lose the shield and some HP and then I have to reapply (That the barriers themselves don't stack but overwrite is another source of annoyance).

Also annoyed that there is no measure or gauge other than the fact that the party is alive at the end which measures how much that extra mitigation helps. It doesn't seem to count toward the healing and I'm not certain its factored into the immovable calculations. In mixed heals company we're either second or third in field medic provided the Devout or Soulweaver that might be there isn't a potato. Don't know about anyone else, but it creates the impression that folks are much better off waiting for one of the other two heals than taking a risk and taking us along.

I am happy the feats we have left on the Oathkeeper seem to synergize well - Really well with Critical Touch and Emissary of Warding. The auras and class features still need some work though.

Speaking of class features - (removed) I want Aura of Life SWITCHED BACK to how it was before mod 16. Allow it to raise a near death character back with associated rez sickness. Give the warlocks something similar.

Still like Radiant Charge's animation.

That's all I got for now.
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Healdin is fun so far but divinity is in a bad place...well 'll see how it is at 60+ when I have more options such as reduce cost passive plus power circle, or sacred weapon for Regen.

Honesty double the current Regen in combat would be nice, takes atm 2x the time of a normal encounter to gain 220 for smite...like 60 secs
  • mythrionnmythrionn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I enjoy my paladin now because it needs to manage ressources and balance encounters spells (divinity or CD). I think the mechanics of the heal is good (hit until you proc critical touch) and the fact we can block is appreciated. In solo mode (not broken scaling included) my balance DPS/tanking is good and I still enjoy fighting.
    However, auras are really weak and the strong point of paladin is now forgettable. I think it would be better if paladins could had aura of radiant damage or power aura.
    PS : I play only on Oathkeeper paragon

• raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I actually love oathkeeper. The flexibility of barrier act as second layer of hp and in drastic case can be use up to big heal really interesting mechanic. I have run MSP with both as devout and oathkeeper and can say oathkeeper really good for dmg mitigation and party survavibilty while devout only good with burst heal and... intercession..
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

I actually love oathkeeper. The flexibility of barrier act as second layer of hp and in drastic case can be use up to big heal really interesting mechanic. I have run MSP with both as devout and oathkeeper and can say oathkeeper really good for dmg mitigation and party survavibilty while devout only good with burst heal and... intercession..

when i have run LOMM, oathkeepers temp HP was used to reduce dmg from one of the bosses big hit abilities, its really good to put someone above 100% hp. almost as good as lion. almost.
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Paladin tank pass from unkillable to useless and unplayable class. Devs kill pali tanks with modifications. Shield it's
    ineffective, and now don't have temp hp. Divinity consume many points, so only can use 3 or 4 encounters. Trying play LOMM it's a mirage...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Paladin tank pass from unkillable to useless and unplayable class. Devs kill pali tanks with modifications. Shield it's
    ineffective, and now don't have temp hp. Divinity consume many points, so only can use 3 or 4 encounters. Trying play LOMM it's a mirage...

Actually Palys are in a very good spot, and most desired to tank in LoMM. I dont say they dont need tweaks or changes, but what you are saying is plain false.

You need more work and pay attention to the game, maybe thats what has changed from mod 15. Now you cant use Templar's Wrath and start eating potatoes, you need to use your shield, hit, move, use your powers when they are needed, etc. In one word: Skill.

But hell, i see the same threads in every class, so I can assume that people who started playing in mod 7-14 didnt learn to play.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • zaprobozaprobo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I'm sitting at around 19.8k IL with my Justicar Paladin and find the class in a pretty good shape - I can tank most things I'm running against and am holding aggro readily in ME's even when teamed with a post 20k IL DPS crowd.

My only issue is with Divinity as a mechanic for Justicar (although it seems to work well for my off-healing Oathkeeper build and I can spam with almost impunity and channel a refill if I need it) as I just end up spending the bar with a couple of AoE attacks and then doing almost nothing with it for the rest of the fight.

By comparison I can wipe out my Stamina bar blocking hits and I can handily recharge it with feats/powers and even simply not using it to let it fill back up.

I'd love to see some change to some of the Stamina recharge options be switched to Divinity recharge options - I am literally not using the Tab power for the class as I have no way to maintain it for any useful period of time.
    Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
    http://zap-robo.net/
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I’m having a lot of fun.

I enjoy having to think about play decisions.

Also as a tank main I would rather have those Oathkeeper shields than the heals from a DC in LoTMM.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Justicar feats should not be tied to powers.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Someone mentioned Divinity is not enough...
    When popping CoP, I can chain Divine Touch near unlimited. 500 mag heals, without draining my Divinity, shield one or two hits in between, endless divinity. Boreworm phase is a laugh with this ability. Hop on a warlock and try your best. Now you know what "hard work" is meant to be. I honestly don't understand, why most groups in lomm ask for a DC healer, when Oathkeeper is by far the better option. Emissary Of Warden spends a 1000mag barrier on crit, where another class, not to be mentioned, drains all his life by using one daily to protect teammates :)
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited June 2019

When popping CoP, I can chain Divine Touch near unlimited. 500 mag heals, without draining my Divinity, shield one or two hits in between, endless divinity. Boreworm phase is a laugh with this ability. Hop on a warlock and try your best. Now you know what "hard work" is meant to be. I honestly don't understand, why most groups in lomm ask for a DC healer, when Oathkeeper is by far the better option. Emissary Of Warden spends a 1000mag barrier on crit, where another class, not to be mentioned, drains all his life by using one daily to protect teammates :)

I think every class have it strength. Paladin may have CoP and divine barrier, DC has AA and mass cleanse. Warlock? I don't play that class so I leave those player to figure its strength.
    edited June 2019
    > @kangkeok said:
    > Someone mentioned Divinity is not enough...
    >
    > When popping CoP, I can chain Divine Touch near unlimited. 500 mag heals, without draining my Divinity, shield one or two hits in between, endless divinity. Boreworm phase is a laugh with this ability. Hop on a warlock and try your best. Now you know what "hard work" is meant to be. I honestly don't understand, why most groups in lomm ask for a DC healer, when Oathkeeper is by far the better option. Emissary Of Warden spends a 1000mag barrier on crit, where another class, not to be mentioned, drains all his life by using one daily to protect teammates :)
    >
    > I think every class have it strength. Paladin may have CoP and divine barrier, DC has AA and mass cleanse. Warlock? I don't play that class so I leave those player to figure its strength.

I can confirm that Soulweaver warlock is more a bad joke. The top daily deals a 500 mag heal and drains up to 80% of max HP, unmitigateable, the 10% DR plus for 10 seconds can be considered to be useless when everyone runs 80k DR. One encounter from Oathkeeper is 2-3 times more effective and does not drain his life down to zero.
    The cleanse ability drains 20% of HP and inflicts more damage than healing over the hole run.
    A passive feat on top and your warlock is top paingiver by self-inflicted damage (no joke). The only viable healing spell is a 500mag aoe heal, and there is no way to heal out Borworm since you can chain this power 7 times, done, potting time. The responsible dev must pretty much hate that path or he has no clue about this game.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

I can confirm that Soulweaver warlock is more a bad joke. The top daily deals a 500 mag heal and drains up to 80% of max HP, unmitigateable, the 10% DR plus for 10 seconds can be considered to be useless when everyone runs 80k DR. One encounter from Oathkeeper is 2-3 times more effective and does not drain his life down to zero.

The cleanse ability drains 20% of HP and inflicts more damage than healing over the hole run.

A passive feat on top and your warlock is top paingiver by self-inflicted damage (no joke). The only viable healing spell is a 500mag aoe heal, and there is no way to heal out Borworm since you can chain this power 7 times, done, potting time. The responsible dev must pretty much hate that path or he has no clue about this game.

*sigh*
    It doesn’t matter if they are 80k Defense, they might as well be 68k. They still only get 50% DR. So yes giving them 10% more DR does matter, because now they are 60%. (The only question is does it actually work like that.)

Amazing how I know Warlocks that can heal through Boreworm as well...
    Not to say Warlock doesn’t have it hardest here and Paladin easiest, but it’s not impossible as people keep saying. Much like a LotMM isn’t impossible like people keep saying.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited June 2019
    > @obsidiancran3 said:
    > I can confirm that Soulweaver warlock is more a bad joke. The top daily deals a 500 mag heal and drains up to 80% of max HP, unmitigateable, the 10% DR plus for 10 seconds can be considered to be useless when everyone runs 80k DR. One encounter from Oathkeeper is 2-3 times more effective and does not drain his life down to zero.
    >
    > The cleanse ability drains 20% of HP and inflicts more damage than healing over the hole run.
    >
    > A passive feat on top and your warlock is top paingiver by self-inflicted damage (no joke). The only viable healing spell is a 500mag aoe heal, and there is no way to heal out Borworm since you can chain this power 7 times, done, potting time. The responsible dev must pretty much hate that path or he has no clue about this game.
    >
    > *sigh*
    > It doesn’t matter if they are 80k Defense, they might as well be 68k. They still only get 50% DR. So yes giving them 10% more DR does matter, because now they are 60%. (The only question is does it actually work like that.)
    >
    > Amazing how I know Warlocks that can heal through Boreworm as well...
    > Not to say Warlock doesn’t have it hardest here and Paladin easiest, but it’s not impossible as people keep saying. Much like a LotMM isn’t impossible like people keep saying.

If you run outside an average group this might be your reality, but far away from actual state of the game, miles away.
    Zero request for any lock. I run an oathkeeper too, easy time, where my tank has to work hard at Trobriand bside a DC, he has a chilling time running beside an Oathkeeper... except random MSP, wich turns sometimes into a nightmare and is far more challenging than most 23k+ exp lomms, where you have two "low performer " at least in MSP with zero knowledge in need to compensate.

About Soulweaver, there is not one player I met ingame that runs this build outside a premade with friends and if you simply watch powers like Wraith Shadow, PoP, Warlocks Bargain Soul Pact and Soul Defiler same as Life Bind there is no question if or if not that path is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to others. It´s even hard to understand, why anyone would argue against this, when knowing I can achieve better results at 100k power and "low cost" gear, compared to a setup at 150k power and gear for tons of mio AD.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I honestly don't understand, why most groups in lomm ask for a DC healer

Oh the answer is simple: they want 2 healers for the worm. They all ask the pally that was tanking to swap to oathkeeper and have thus 2 healers for the worm.
    So on one hand you have people that want 2 healers for the worm, and on the other hand you have people that run with 1 healer and 4 dps.
    And somewhere over the rainbow there's the soulweaver. I do play the 3 healers because i love healing and thats what i do since closed beta. And i can only agree with what you say on those threads. While i can heal LoMM on my soulweaver, I did it successfully, its only with my guildies. If i pug LoMM with a friend or 2, i'll take my pally. So much forgiving and cakewalk...

I asked on AMA:

"You mentionned in one of the threads that all healers are on par and equals. Having played the 3 types of healers in LoMM several times, i Don't find soulweaver being on par with Oathkeeper or Devout. Soulweaver has no ability to build more sparks Vs Immune phase bosses like Strahd or the Boneworm. Can you explain how in such circumstances all 3 are equal?"

Of course i got 0 answer.

Then it got said by a dev "The stats are based partially on the roles and partially on the flavor of the class itself"
    So i asked:

"So does it mean that Soulweaver being healer only have 9 base wisdom because they are accounting for Makos mistakes in the game?"

And this is the answer i got: "Makos mistakes are costly, and he isn't done making them". I mean... ok then?

I mean at this point i would be happy if they give my soulweaver the ability to consume x% of my HP to build up sparks while i can't pray like my pally or my cleric. Would make perfect sense with this total sadomasochist idea that stands behind the soulweaver.

@eolee devs do live on another planet, there are no reasonable decisions behind most stuff.
    They don´t play this game and only know classes in theory on the "paper", no playtesting obviously at no time.
    Exceptions might be named with @asterdahl who stuck close to playerbase in all his discussions.

About my Oathkeeper , i actually switched to a setup running Critcal Touch and Emissary of Warden.
    I did no know how effective those two feature are.
    edited June 2019
    If I remember correct, doesn't sw has the ability to empower teammate with lifesteal ability? I think that should be the unique feature of warlock heals and the lifesteal severity is determine by the warlock power and the chance are 100% like in premod 6. If they did this warlock might be on par as a healer. Just a suggestion.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User

About my Oathkeeper , i actually switched to a setup running Critcal Touch and Emissary of Warden.

Yeah, which is what makes all 3 healers not on par. Oathkeeper is making everything a cakewalk and is very forgiving into carrying weaker groups. No way to do such thing with a soulweaver :/
    Permashielding the party for 200k+
    I made many new friends in short time on my Oathkeeper... but they hate my Soulweaver :)

That´s what I read in another post, amusing.

@noworries#8859 answered one of several warlock specific questions 3 days ago with the following:
    "We will continue to look at all classes as well as game wide balance and make adjustments as needed. Now that the balance is in an overall better place the changes will come at a slower pace to allow fine tuning without overshooting one way or another."
    Same category like: "Scaling is in a good place" :s
    edited June 2019
    eolee said:

Yeah, which is what makes all 3 healers not on par. Oathkeeper is making everything a cakewalk and is very forgiving into carrying weaker groups. No way to do such thing with a soulweaver :/
    It depends on the dungeon. In Tong people will prefer DC over paladin due paralysis effect. Mass Cleanse + AA are just better to ensure CC free and consistent dps/heal. Anyway if u feel warlock isn't on par in heal department, instead of envy at other class strength, it will be more productive for u to suggest improvement to the warlock class.

I made many new friends in short time on my Oathkeeper... but they hate my Soulweaver :)

@noworries#8859 answered one of several warlock specific questions 3 days ago with the following:
    "We will continue to look at all classes as well as game wide balance and make adjustments as needed. Now that the balance is in an overall better place the changes will come at a slower pace to allow fine tuning without overshooting one way or another."

Permashielding 200k hp does not happen all the time. It really depends on luck. People just put too much credit in them.
    edited June 2019
    kangkeok said:

Permashielding 200k hp does not happen all the time. It really depends on luck. People just put too much credit in them.

Actual lomm 1 hour ago, random invite at 1. boss with GF, 2xGWF, 1xRanger. My Oathkeeper has 114k power and 3x4% outgoing healing comps slottet (the green version). We wiped once at 1 boss, my fault :)
    My crits were not 100% by sure, but you can see the effect by watching these shards and estimate the effectiveness of Barrier effects. Max shielded hit on squishy Ranger was 237k
    If you are interested in screenshots from Soulweaver I can hand some over, hard to interpret if not knowledgeable about the class but amusing by sure.

Incoming healing from GF-tank. 65% Shield, Divine Touch 22%. Wich can´t seperat Barrier and tanks Shield, so hard to tell.

Overall Incoming healing from Barby

Devine Touch in Trobriand fight, more than luck I´d say. 26 hits out of 41 were crits (24 times DT casted)= 64%
    I threw 26 crit Barrier on my teammember at Trobriand, maximum a 266k Barrier (133k crit from DT (500mag) x 2), this can go far higher if tank has more incoming healing and i got more than 20%+outgoing from green HAMSTER gear. Max in this run 143k x 2
    If not 4 scorps were incoming at once the crit rate would be more solid.

Shield towards tank at Trobriand. Shield prevented 6.459.494 only in that fight (tanks Shield includet), max 232k
    https://i.imgur.com/jClqeyL.png
    https://i.imgur.com/cDyg4ps.png

Allover outgoing healing from Oathkeeper > 80% healing by Divine Touch, substracting Shield, Blessing, Rebuke , all selfheal towards myself. Max shielded hit 210.
    If you push % healing and power to 150k you will reach barriereffects that cover far >100% of dps/healers max HP... if done in a perfect way you can litteraly shield though the hole dungeon with minimal damage towards the group.

End of line: 200k permashield is no fairy tale imo.
    edited June 2019

kangkeok said:

Actual lomm 1 hour ago, random invite at 1. boss with GF, 2xGWF, 1xRanger. My Oathkeeper has 114k power and 3x4% outgoing healing comps slottet (the green version). We wiped once at 1 boss, my fault :)
    My crits were not 100% by sure, but you can see the effect by watching these shards and estimate the effectiveness of Barrier effects. Max shielded hit on squishy Ranger was 237k
    If you are interested in screenshots from Soulweaver I can hand some over, hard to interpret if not knowledgeable about the class but amusing by sure.

Incoming healing from GF-tank. 65% Shield, Divine Touch 22%. Wich can´t seperat Barrier and tanks Shield, so hard to tell.

Overall Incoming healing from Barby

Devine Touch in Trobriand fight, more than luck I´d say. 26 hits out of 41 were crits (24 times DT casted)= 64%
    I threw 26 crit Barrier on my teammember at Trobriand, maximum a 266k Barrier (133k crit from DT (500mag) x 2), this can go far higher if tank has more incoming healing and i got more than 20%+outgoing from green HAMSTER gear. Max in this run 143k x 2
    If not 4 scorps were incoming at once the crit rate would be more solid.

Shield towards tank at Trobriand. Shield prevented 6.459.494 only in that fight (tanks Shield includet), max 232k
    https://i.imgur.com/jClqeyL.png
    https://i.imgur.com/cDyg4ps.png

Allover outgoing healing from Oathkeeper > 80% healing by Divine Touch, substracting Shield, Blessing, Rebuke , all selfheal towards myself. Max shielded hit 210.
    If you push % healing and power to 150k you will reach barriereffects that cover far >100% of dps/healers max HP... if done in a perfect way you can litteraly shield though the hole dungeon with minimal damage towards the group.

End of line: 200k permashield is no fairy tale imo.
    ACT only show how often it proc but what I mean is during the mass heal certain people will get crit barrier, certain people will not. When When the other layer of heal landed, those that get crit barrier will or will not get the crit barrier again. When they fail to received crit barrier again, normal barrier will replace their crit barrier. That's luck, as consistency is not there. Even with Critical touch, its RNG is only 10% as an independent chance. So its still require luck to proc it. Conclusion, 200k permashield require luck. ACT cant be use in this scenario.
    edited June 2019
    > @kangkeok said:
    > Permashielding the party for 200k+
    > I made many new friends in short time on my Oathkeeper... but they hate my Soulweaver :)
    >
    >
    > That´s what I read in another post, amusing.
    >
    > @noworries#8859 answered one of several warlock specific questions 3 days ago with the following:
    > "We will continue to look at all classes as well as game wide balance and make adjustments as needed. Now that the balance is in an overall better place the changes will come at a slower pace to allow fine tuning without overshooting one way or another."
    > Same category like: "Scaling is in a good place" :s
    >
    > Permashielding 200k hp does not happen all the time. It really depends on luck. People just put too much credit in them.
    >
    >
    > Actual lomm 1 hour ago, random invite at 1. boss with GF, 2xGWF, 1xRanger. My Oathkeeper has 114k power and 3x4% outgoing healing comps slottet (the green version). We wiped once at 1 boss, my fault :)
    > My crits were not 100% by sure, but you can see the effect by watching these shards and estimate the effectiveness of Barrier effects. Max shielded hit on squishy Ranger was 237k
    > If you are interested in screenshots from Soulweaver I can hand some over, hard to interpret if not knowledgeable about the class but amusing by sure.
    >
    > Incoming healing from GF-tank. 65% Shield, Divine Touch 22%. Wich can´t seperat Barrier and tanks Shield, so hard to tell.
    >
    >
    > Overall Incoming healing from Barby
    >
    >
    > Devine Touch in Trobriand fight, more than luck I´d say. 26 hits out of 41 were crits (24 times DT casted)= 64%
    > I threw 26 crit Barrier on my teammember at Trobriand, maximum a 266k Barrier (133k crit from DT (500mag) x 2), this can go far higher if tank has more incoming healing and i got more than 20%+outgoing from green HAMSTER gear. Max in this run 143k x 2
    > If not 4 scorps were incoming at once the crit rate would be more solid.
    >
    >
    > Shield towards tank at Trobriand. Shield prevented 6.459.494 only in that fight (tanks Shield includet), max 232k
    > https://i.imgur.com/jClqeyL.png
    > https://i.imgur.com/cDyg4ps.png
    >
    > Allover outgoing healing from Oathkeeper > 80% healing by Divine Touch, substracting Shield, Blessing, Rebuke , all selfheal towards myself. Max shielded hit 210.
    > If you push % healing and power to 150k you will reach barriereffects that cover far >100% of dps/healers max HP... if done in a perfect way you can litteraly shield though the hole dungeon with minimal damage towards the group.
    >
    >
    > End of line: 200k permashield is no fairy tale imo.
    >
    >
    > ACT only show how often it proc but what I mean is during the mass heal certain people will get crit barrier, certain people will not. When When the other layer of heal landed, those that get crit barrier will or will not get the crit barrier again. When they fail to received crit barrier again, normal barrier will replace their crit barrier. That's luck, as consistency is not there. Even with Critical touch, its RNG is only 10% as an independent chance. So its still require luck to proc it. Conclusion, 200k permashield require luck. ACT cant be use in this scenario.

Simple no. I put a crit barrier on demand, and I put it on every teammember same time in case I can time DT, not 100% though since sometimes 4 scorps rush in etc and Arcturia is a visual explosion, like playing in fog. Figure out how, I wrote it somewhere above.
    If it was like you say the amount of Barrier was not that much. I shield more than 200% of DT base hit and if you study those numbers, you will understand it, watch the 3. Picture.
    The ammout of Hits from shield is allways higher, simply bc not every mob does one hits on lomm. Some deal smaller hits some do Dots.
    You can team up with me. Oathkeeper is melee fighters friend.
    edited June 2019

Simple no. I put a crit barrier on demand, and I put it on every teammember same time in case I can time DT, not 100% though since sometimes 4 scorps rush in etc and Arcturia is a visual explosion, like playing in fog. Figure out how, I wrote it somewhere above.

If it was like you say the amount of Barrier was not that much. I shield more than 200% of DT base hit and if you study those numbers, you will understand it, watch the 3. Picture.

The ammout of Hits from shield is allways higher, simply bc not every mob does one hits on lomm. Some deal smaller hits some do Dots.

You can team up with me. Oathkeeper is melee fighters friend.

Diagram 3 says it all, unless its 100% crit all the way, there is no such thing as 200k permashield. Whenever your party member gets a "False" flag for crit, they no longer has 200k shield on.

Even if u mean critical touch, yes Valorous Strike proc it often due to it's low cast time, still it require luck. I have tried Valorous Strike that proc critical touch almost every strike but then I also been through where critical touch never proc even after the shield expired. Its an independent chance of 10% that isn't influenced by your critical strike chance. So again its luck.
    edited June 2019
    Honestly it does not make things more valid to neglect it.
    I shield a full bunch of squishy CW´s (random) all through Trobriand and they are near all time shielded by a blue barriere for >200k, no matter what you say. It is like that exactly.
    Proc Critical Touch every 5-8 seconds by Valorous strike, cast Divine Touch, get a crit barrier (Emissary of Warden) on every teammember in range = >200k perma shield and that not luck that's simply using a brainless combination of two feature.
    just figure out how to do it and you will understand, atm you obviously don´t, or don´t want to :)
    And recognize-> Emissary of Warden only works with Divine Touch 100% on all member, not with Divine Shelter, bugged if you want so !
    Even showing a log where a wizard get shielded for 200k in a row, you might say: "No, that´s not true, that´s luck, and you casted DT every 2 seconds, no prove" :s
    I waste my time here.

https://i.imgur.com/9bHW1pr.png CW2
    https://i.imgur.com/RyQqSm9.png CW3
    edited June 2019

Honestly it does not make things more valid to neglect it.
    I shield a full bunch of squishy CW´s (random) all through Trobriand and they are near all time shielded by a blue barriere for >200k, no matter what you say. It is like that exactly.
    Proc Critical Touch every 5-8 seconds by Valorous strike, cast Divine Touch, get a crit barrier (Emissary of Warden) on every teammember in range = >200k perma shield and that not luck that's simply using a brainless combination of two feature.
    just figure out how to do it and you will understand, atm you obviously don´t, or don´t want to :)
    And recognize-> Emissary of Warden only works with Divine Touch 100% on all member, not with Divine Shelter, bugged if you want so !
    Even showing a log where a wizard get shielded for 200k in a row, you might say: "No, that´s not true, that´s luck, and you casted DT every 2 seconds, no prove" :s
    I waste my time here.

https://i.imgur.com/9bHW1pr.png CW2
    https://i.imgur.com/RyQqSm9.png CW3

Ok, I see your point now. What u actually meant by permashield 200k is that the mob could not bring down the shield u generated by critical touch before the next critical touch is proc. If that's the case crit are not needed. But does it happen with all content difficulty and situation u faced in this game that your shield never been taken down before next CT proc? If so, then its no point for crit to stack. Either the developer need to adjust the proc chance of CT or else crit will have no place in paladin build despite of being intended as a crit based healer.

Anyway, Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for sharing.
    Post edited by kangkeok on