test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is no one listening?

Comments

• cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

Group synergy is irrelevant if you largely play solo and your fun is getting destroyed with a totally bland "all DPS classes more or less the same" with where it takes 3x as long to kill anything. Yes it probably is a better game for the top 5%, but it's much less fun and much worse for the 70% between total beginners and the top 5-15%.

Build diversity is dead, the system is now so simple that working out what is best will be trivial to the people who are good at that sort of thing.

The exchange system being BtA is an absolute killer and would be pretty easy to avoid. Nobody in their right mind will put Zen into the system, so the exchange will (after the initial rush) back up to 6 months and people will leave in droves. I'm still waiting for Zen after 6 weeks as it is and I don't see it ever getting any better in the long term.

Progression is a bad joke, the bonding nerf was about 6 months backwards for me, M16 feels like about 3 years back.

The thing is that at the top 5% of the game you had to do synergies with the other players in the group. You had to do things in a team first method to do well. Those that only did things that were selfish in nature for top end players usually were the ones people didn't want to run with and didn't perform well in the content. The high end content now feels not very worthwhile. The combat to me feels like it is now just can you spam your buttons and mash them fast where it used to be where you needed timing and coordination to do well in content. There is no team concept of what to do outside of making sure that everyone is spamming their Q,E,R, 1/2 buttons. Needing to time things is about to be a thing of the past. The last part of the game that has any need for skill is aiming the abilities your spamming and staying out of the red which some players still can't do. All of this demotivates me in playing this game because we just went from the best combat system in all MMOs into what I would call a halfway done rework based on some of the worst MMO combat systems out there.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

No matter what you have, you will be clamped to the stats set for whatever zone or instance you're in.

There is no scaling for level 80 content, so for endgame content your gear will matter.
    Almost 99% of the game is lower than level 80. There is very little to do at end game as I see it being over and done with so quickly.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I'm deeply concerned that we aren't at least hearing from @nitocris83 . I would think that a Community manager would be engaged with the ... er... community every day or nearly every day.

(unless she has what I have...been wheezing and without my voice for a week now...)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

No matter what you have, you will be clamped to the stats set for whatever zone or instance you're in.

There is no scaling for level 80 content, so for endgame content your gear will matter.
    Almost 99% of the game is lower than level 80. There is very little to do at end game as I see it being over and done with so quickly.
    Yes, that is true. Initially level 80 endgame will be Mad Mage lair only. We will not see more level 80 content until mod 17. But all growth in the years to come likely will be level 80 content.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

Yes, that is true. Initially level 80 endgame will be Mad Mage lair only. We will not see more level 80 content until mod 17. But all growth in the years to come likely will be level 80 content.
    unless Acquisitions Incorporated has an evil twin . . .
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    kvet said:

I can tell you from first-hand knowledge that the devs are listening very closely and taking all valid criticism and input seriously. What they're not doing is responding to every little nitpick and personal want-list item, especially when said nitpick or item includes insults, rants, raves, moans, groans, or otherwise 3 year-old temper tantrum-like behavior. The devs spent a month working closely with a small set of hand-picked players who gave incredible feedback (er, if I do say so myself...) which helped improve m16 in major ways from the time closed beta started to when it went open beta on Preview. In the, what, month? it's been on Preview it's also improved significantly in large part because the devs ARE listening to feedback - they just don't have time to respond to every little complaint and rant (though @asterdahl , bless his heart, sure does try!). More importantly, because they have to sift through hundreds of trash posts about how much things suck (with no substantiation or explanation as to why they suck aside from "I liked it better before" sorts of posts) they REALLY have no time to spend talking. The really do listen to player feedback - but keep in mind the definition of "listen" -- it doesn't say anything about conversation or response. Just because they don't have time to respond to things doesn't mean they aren't listening, and just because they're not rushing to implemented every little suggestion doesn't mean they didn't hear it. At the end of the day, they have to choose a direction and go with it, come hell or high water, because otherwise nothing would ever get done.

At the end of the day, if anyone doesn't like the game and it's no longer fun for them - they should stop playing it. There's always going to be new people coming along. It would be better if they left instead of poisoning the community with vitriol - this is supposed to be a game, not a lifestyle, accept the game for what it is or play something else. If anyone does leave, please send me all your stuff before you go, ok? thanks!

I guess they listen to the community, they just don't really interested in it as clearly they have a vision want to achieve.

The goal of a forum is to give feedback - even if it is rant. It is not a valid reason not to answer. And don't tell me they don't have ONE person at the company who could spend HALF AN HOUR a day to answer, they just don't care. This is not really a busy forum believe me I post in other game's forum too.

The solution to all problem is not to give up and leave that's why people complain because they would rather stay than leave. And their only possible action to achieve any change is to complain here in forum.

Who are you to tell people what to do in a forum or game until they don't violate any rules? If you don't like it, I can give you your own advice: you can leave.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    adinosii said:

...not us the casual players that are online a few hours a week and do not have the opportunity to spend lots of real money in the game.

Actually, some of the design changes in Mod 16 look like they are are specifically meant to make the game more attractive to "casual" players.
    • You no longer have to grind to get 124 power points to get all your powers at maximum rank. As soon as you get the power, it is maxed.
    • You do not have to grind through campaigns you may find boring, just to get that last important boon at the end. Just focus on what you can get with reasonable effort.
    • You do not have to spend hours studying and comparing different builds, or worry whether you have chosen the "best" combination of feats or boons. The differences are not that significant any more.
    • You can very easily get gear that is "good enough" (Vistani or Undermountain) to allow you to complete the L70 content.
    • The whole Undermountain campaign is quite casual friendly - can easily be completed in a day or two, or spread out over a week or two, depending on how much time you have.
    @adinosii thanks for such a helpful post that is a really good summary of the positive points :)
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

@adinosii thanks for such a helpful post that is a really good summary of the positive points :)

I dont think it was a summary of positive points.
    Maybe its positiv for you. But i think what the devs are missing:
    A fresh player ( casual) dont spend money in the game. He will, when he decides to play more highend. If the game stays that boring as @adinosii stated? Just think for your self. Is this game worth to get highend, because highend is tough/hard and you need a lot of skill? Or is it just GS ( ZEN)? So you make this game casualfriendly and you left no spot for highendcontent? Is this the way how this game should be played?
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User

adinosii said:

...not us the casual players that are online a few hours a week and do not have the opportunity to spend lots of real money in the game.

Actually, some of the design changes in Mod 16 look like they are are specifically meant to make the game more attractive to "casual" players.
    • You no longer have to grind to get 124 power points to get all your powers at maximum rank. As soon as you get the power, it is maxed.
    • You do not have to grind through campaigns you may find boring, just to get that last important boon at the end. Just focus on what you can get with reasonable effort.
    • You do not have to spend hours studying and comparing different builds, or worry whether you have chosen the "best" combination of feats or boons. The differences are not that significant any more.
    • You can very easily get gear that is "good enough" (Vistani or Undermountain) to allow you to complete the L70 content.
    • The whole Undermountain campaign is quite casual friendly - can easily be completed in a day or two, or spread out over a week or two, depending on how much time you have.

... and the cost for all these "good" points is : you dont have fun
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Well...
    • The campaign from 70 to 80 is pretty short and can be finished in maybe a day or two.
    • Lair of the Mad Mage (LoMM) is the only level 80 dungeon now, and you will want to run that to get the highest-end gear.
    • Expeditions are another source of gear, and just as with the Barovia hunts, you have an option to adjust the difficulty (and reward) level, so they can range from "easily soloable" to "tough for a high-end group", with rewards to match (assuming the current bugs get fixed).
    • Challenge campaigns basically scale you down to do quests in old campaigns. You can also select a specific campaign as a "bonus" campaign to get extra campaign currency for that. This is useful if you are trying to finish the campaigns, or farming currencies for your guild, but at the very least you can earn currency (3 quests per week, each gives you 5 Hero's Medallion). to spend on things like Enchanting stones, rank 6 (the rank above UES), or MOPs, rank 7 (which cost 125.000 AD in the Bazaar), they are worth doing just for that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

I'm deeply concerned that we aren't at least hearing from @nitocris83 . I would think that a Community manager would be engaged with the ... er... community every day or nearly every day.

(unless she has what I have...been wheezing and without my voice for a week now...)

She was out of the office at an emergency dental appointment yesterday, and dealing with the dental issues all week.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

A fresh player ( casual) dont spend money in the game. He will, when he decides to play more highend. If the game stays that boring as @adinosii stated? Just think for your self. Is this game worth to get highend, because highend is tough/hard and you need a lot of skill? Or is it just GS ( ZEN)? So you make this game casualfriendly and you left no spot for highendcontent? Is this the way how this game should be played?
    New players spend more money on the game than veteran players that are already BiS. I used to spend a lot on the game myself, but over the years, I'm finding less and less that I actually NEED to spend money on.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

One more to complain, me....
    I came into the game in October last year as a new and green player, rolled 2 characters and got them up to lvl 70.
    Now there is a new big patch coming, mod 16, and a new lvl cap, lvl 80. Now I'm grinding with only one character to get it up to a decent item level (now at il 11k), lots of work here.......

I have been skimming around in the forums and there are lots of players complaining about the dev's not listening to the players regarding this new mod.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the elite players that are online 24/7, spend huge amount of real money in game that the dev's are listening to, not us the casual players that are online a few hours a week and do not have the opportunity to spend lots of real money in the game,. Well, this is just a thought.

it is a wrong thought. MOD 16 devalues everything. If you spent lots of RM MOD 16 removes most of the utility of those items.

There is a dramatic disconnect. MOD 16 is a complete unrecognizable new game. People do not play bad new games. People do not play games where the players perceive the operators as removing the value of milestones they have worked for or paid for.

I remain baffled by this approach. I do not see a viable business model at play.
    kvet said:

As they introduce stronger gear, you will get stronger. End game Mobs will have higher thresholds vs your opposed roles which means you will need to improve stats to counter that, and subsequent modules will introduce new challenges, and new gear, more boon points, etc. There are no opposed roles vs HP and Power (though I guess you could argue those are opposed sort of...). These changes set NW up for improvements in the long term, so think long term rather than crying over it.

It's not rude to say adapt or leave, it's simply the way it is. You (me, us, everyone) can only choose for yourself if this game is still something you want to be a part of. If the answer is yes, then remember YOU (whomever is reading this, I mean) chose to remain so being toxic and throwing complaints and bashing the game, the devs, the company, whatever, is just silly - it's basically the same thing as shitting where you eat (something humans seem to do pretty frequently, unfortunately). If that's how you feel, then you made the wrong choice for yourself. If the answer is no, then fine and you're probably right. If you don't feel like this game is fun, then you SHOULD stop playing it. If that's your choice, there's no need to leave poison in your wake, there's no need to try and drag the community down with you - just go and I hope you have fun somewhere else and leave those of us that still consider NW fun to play to our game.

Why?

Why shouldn't people express their displeasure with the direction MOD 16 takes the game?

If someone feels that their investments (time and money) have been devalued by MOD 16 for no clearly stated purpose then they are well within their right to complain about it. Just like you are well within your right to complain about the complainers and I am well within my rights to complain about the White Knights who are equally toxic to any reasoned debate.
    adinosii said:

Well...
    • The campaign from 70 to 80 is pretty short and can be finished in maybe a day or two.
    • Lair of the Mad Mage (LoMM) is the only level 80 dungeon now, and you will want to run that to get the highest-end gear.
    • Expeditions are another source of gear, and just as with the Barovia hunts, you have an option to adjust the difficulty (and reward) level, so they can range from "easily soloable" to "tough for a high-end group", with rewards to match (assuming the current bugs get fixed).
    • Challenge campaigns basically scale you down to do quests in old campaigns. You can also select a specific campaign as a "bonus" campaign to get extra campaign currency for that. This is useful if you are trying to finish the campaigns, or farming currencies for your guild, but at the very least you can earn currency (3 quests per week, each gives you 5 Hero's Medallion). to spend on things like Enchanting stones, rank 6 (the rank above UES), or MOPs, rank 7 (which cost 125.000 AD in the Bazaar), they are worth doing just for that.
    Whats the incentive to run LoMM? Gear? It is not clear to me that the classic character progression through items yields sufficient value to justify the time investment.
    edited April 2019
    kreatyve said:

New players spend more money on the game than veteran players that are already BiS.

Nop. They dont spend more money, there are just much more casuals than endgameplayers. But big money allways comes from whales ( or do your really think that the new "great" package for 15k ZEN is somethig a casual will buy?) . And whales are almost everytime BIS. Whales are wealthy enough to buy a lot stuff for a lot of money when new stuff comes into the game. Tehy dont care if they are BIS or not.
    There are some pretty interesting studies out there. Also most of the casuals are buying things like costums and fashion stuff.
    This mistake to make a game much more casual game friendly ( and tbh: NW was never casualunfriendly.....one of the easiest F2P games i every played) was made frome some other games. I dont know any game where theese changes where succesfull.
    I dont get it:
    It would be much more better for casuals, if someone would work on the ZEN Items. Check your prices. With the ZEN Shop and with some work on it you can do much more money, if Mod 16 was build for money.
    Make a good shop and you will get more money.
    Change the game to a boring easy on button game and you will loose all veterans ( Hint: Casuals can become veterans too). So how long do you think you can hold casuals ingame if you make this game boring?
    How long will NW exist if no one every will work on the ZEN shop? Do you think you still can take prices like 20K ZEN if the game becomes that easy? Will a casual spend 20K ZEN?
    This is why i say casuals never spend more money, there are just more casuals. Thats all.
    But no game ever survived only with casuals. Do you think NW can?
    Thx for your answer. I think my assumption was correct: Mod 16 isnt for the players ( casuals AND vetereans)....its for the money. Makes me sad.

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Hi,

Hello.

i saw some YT Vids from NW and i saw some really disturbing statements from all the big streamer i know.

I saw a lot on YouTube videos too, not too sure what qualifies as a big streamer, but most people were saying they wanted to like this module and are getting weird vibes.

Every big streamer was testing this new mod really hard and everyone is dissapointed how unprofessinal the devs making patches for mod 16 ( no patchnotes .....GG) and why no one from the devs are listening to all the complaints about mod 16. The major problem seems that the devs wont listen to the players.

Sorry I wasn't listening, but I am sure the developers are lurking around the forums when they should be hard at work.

So here are my questions:
    Why is no one listening from the devs? Dont you play this game?

Play the game. I doubt their definition of "play the game" matches your definition. Since as I mentioned they should be chained to their desk at present.

How ( FGS!!!) can you say in a stream that 90% from the players are happy with the change with no poll or any other proof? Hear say? Wishfull thinking?

If you are asking my opinion, I am meh about the overall module. I am 100% upset about the Foundry shutdown but that has nothing to do with this module. This module gives me pause, by that, I mean I can finally take a pause this Summer and do something with real people outdoors.

When did this start? When excactly did the devs decide that they wont listen anymore/dont care about players opinion/providing hear say as fact?

I think it was ... let me look at my calendar... June 2000, sorry can't find an exact day on that.

Whats the goal?

Oh that's easy, to make a Fook Ton of Cash!! So they can get paid.

This thread is not made to insult anyone. Im just curious how this happened and when this started. Im very confused atm. So many players wanna leave this game, not bc the game but bc the Devs and the way they handle the community....what happened? Srly...what happened???

I didn't find any of this insulting, just misdirected. You are addressing the players here and not the developers. When I talk to the developers, I address them directly, and I do try not to rant too much. I have sent PMs to them on the forums and Thomas Foss is about the only one who seems to care enough to reply to me. Like I stated, he replies to me, but he doesn't take advice. I think his corporate overlords keep a close eye on his cranial implant.

wb-cenders.gif
  • wes#6196 wes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just going from what is in the forum posts and what i've seen on YT. People are getting their panties in a twist, because things are going to change. Some good some bad. That comes with the territory of trying to keep people interested in MMO gaming. For those who have spent real time money on big items, you should know the risks, after all it is a game. They do die eventually. This one may be on the premature death list, just gonna have to wait and see.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    They are listening but only to an extent. The decisions have been made from "on high" and there is no going back. All we can do now is let the chips fall where they may.

NW will or will not survive but it has nothing to do with the number of people who play it or enjoy it. The only number that really matters is how many people spend real money and this all comes down to value of purchases. Will people who are willing to spend money spend enough money to keep NW afloat? Time will only tell.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    They have na agenda.

To make vets leave the game hoping for an influx of new players that will afapt to their new"simplified" game system.

And thats it.. they dont care if you like it or not.. they are just following their agenda man.

Sad but true.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

New players spend more money on the game than veteran players that are already BiS. I used to spend a lot on the game myself, but over the years, I'm finding less and less that I actually NEED to spend money on.
    And more ways to avoid spending money...
    kreatyve said:

If they wanted to address this issue (and make money), they might want to add a bonus to every class a player brings to endgame level sort of like lego companions. Each different class of character adds a bonus to all characters that are at the at that watermark (endgame) level. I think it would be fun and make people appreciate other classes more as well.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    problem in here was, most devs went to 3rd party sites and post there, instead of this homepage where they should belong.
    lack of communication hurts and lower the morale of players, and we started to hurl insults and they get more moderators to thin the herd. almost like we had no voice and not heard. sort of like some folks are losing the faith when the prayers seem gone unheard for weeks and months. they become more bitter.
    wylonus said:

problem in here was, most devs went to 3rd party sites and post there, instead of this homepage where they should belong.
    lack of communication hurts and lower the morale of players, and we started to hurl insults and they get more moderators to thin the herd. almost like we had no voice and not heard. sort of like some folks are losing the faith when the prayers seem gone unheard for weeks and months. they become more bitter.

The only time I've heard of a dev posting anything about the game on a 3rd party site would be the Reddit AMA's. And that's mostly because Reddit is a better place for those than these forums.
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

wylonus said:

The only time I've heard of a dev posting anything about the game on a 3rd party site would be the Reddit AMA's. And that's mostly because Reddit is a better place for those than these forums.
    That is purely subjective. I know at least 12-20 NW players that won't go anywhere near Reddit for anything.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @autumnwitch said:
    > problem in here was, most devs went to 3rd party sites and post there, instead of this homepage where they should belong.
    > lack of communication hurts and lower the morale of players, and we started to hurl insults and they get more moderators to thin the herd. almost like we had no voice and not heard. sort of like some folks are losing the faith when the prayers seem gone unheard for weeks and months. they become more bitter.
    >
    > The only time I've heard of a dev posting anything about the game on a 3rd party site would be the Reddit AMA's. And that's mostly because Reddit is a better place for those than these forums.
    >
    > That is purely subjective. I know at least 12-20 NW players that won't go anywhere near Reddit for anything.

NW Reddit is awful. Most exp players I know avoid it like the plague.
    Devs have indeed posted on other sites that censorship forbids mentioning here...
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    And why would the devs listen to these forums?
    * Only a small minority of the players are active here and reads these forums. Maybe 200-300 active readers of a playerbase of (wild guess) 10-30k? So 1-3% of the playerbase is actually present here
    * The players here generally are the most active in game, so they are in no way representative for the average NW player
    * Much of the feedback here comes as whining 'Don't nerf my class' rather than constructive feedback
    * Much of the feedback here comes with hidden agendas 'Don't make enchantment exchange bound(as I have invested a lot in enchants expecting to earn mass AD by exchanging them for expensive ones)'
    * Many of the suggestions posted here shows little understanding of fundamental concerns like Cryptic having to make money. Game development IS a commercial enterprise after all.. so don't make suggestions that are likely to cut their income significantly
    Post edited by mentinmindmaker on
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User

And why would the devs listen to these forums?

Maybe because of the many players here, the most active and engaged, who playtest for hours for free, post screenshots and logs and data to support their feedback, link videos that show what they are doing, and who understand the game from a 'dedicated player' viewpoint rather than a 'we need to get some code we understand up and running fast' viewpoint?

If a game developer, and, you know, the people who are paid/appointed to manage the forums can't distinguish good input from bad input, snip some threads, compile a summary, and forward the key points on to the dev team, then they don't really have a 'feedback' process.

They have a 'please do our QA job for free, send us clear examples, we will cherry-pick 10% of those to fix while we merrily screw up 40% of the other things, and then we can pretend we listened to player feedback and adjusted the mod for player needs' process.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Well, technically, the devs are listening to the appropriate feedback threads over in the preview section of the board.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Well, technically, the devs are listening to the appropriate feedback threads over in the preview section of the board.

Well...its only one dev who is kind a listening.
    About the feedback:
    When did anyone or anywhere say "Plz. Make a change vendor and after i changed my enchants make them BtA plz in Mod 16!"?
    And @noworries#8859 took the feedbacks ( and they where all appropriate btw) and answered "Take it. There is no discussion about it. We gonna make it to prevent abusing the system" No question about this point was answered. Not one. No feedback was wished about this change. Its just one example of a lot stuff they changed, even after they knew no one asked for it and no one wanted it. After good and appropriate feedback they didnt change anything. Or can you show me at least one thing they changed after an apropriate feedback? You can send me theese quottes per PN if you find one. Thx.
This discussion has been closed.