test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug in the quest "The duty of a Doomguide" (more than 1 quest affected)

Comments

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

In my list I have:
    • Grimstorm Keep (Blackdagger Ruins)
    • A Doomguide's Duty (Neverdeath Graveyard)
    • Clockwork Guild Tomb (Neverdeath Graveyard)
    • The Underscar (Helm's Hold)
    • Sealing the Crypts (Ebon Downs)
    • The Barrow Lords (Ebon Downs)
    • Reclamation (Pirates' Skyhold)
    and it seems all of these chests contain 3 quartz.

The dev team is aware and working on it.

We apologies for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • kukidokukido Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yellow post in other thread:
    percemer said:

Greetings,

In my list I have:

Regards,

So that is somewhat comforting, fingers crossed guys!

• heidrekr2heidrekr2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    happened to me about 7 times now. Three quartz. Wanted to level up a new character for the event, but wow this is bad. No support or info on this. Glad it is not just me, was starting to worry. This VIP won't be buying another month until this silly bug is fixed.
  • elbandiirelbandiir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Also have the same problem. First i made a hunter ranger and i encountered a bug, camera auto zoom in and aoe skills didnt work at all. After recreating a hunter ranger all over again i have the same chest problem with "A Doomguide's Duty" and "Cloackwork Guild Tomb" like you guys. And im really afraid to invest more time in this game. This is unacceptable for an official game. And dont get me started on "new class coming soon" for years now, thing. I think the developers are not trying their best for the gamers. Give me one reason to stay and pay for your game
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    elbandiir said:

And dont get me started on "new class coming soon" for years now, thing.

They "fixed" that one. You don't see that anymore when you create the new character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • heidrekr2heidrekr2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem, maybe 8 different quests are stuck. It's all been said already. Very disappointed by the lack of urgency and feedback by the devs. This is game breaking, highly irritating and will not be extending my VIP until this is fixed. Not paying for this lack of service.
  • jeboleth#9086 jeboleth Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Add The Goblin Warrens (Icespire Peak) to that list.
  • zulunai#6806 zulunai Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

In my list I have:

Regards,

Abandoning A Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Guild Tomb unbugged the others ones on this list for me. One of these or both seem to be the problem that causes a whole chain of bugged quests aslong you have it active in quests log.
  • zulunai#6806 zulunai Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Abandon doomsguide and clock tower, after that go do the other "bugged" ones, they will work now. As I posted earlier in this thread. Every other instanced quest with a reward box at the end got bugged for me aslong I had these 2 quests in my log, after abandoning these two all the other quests unbugged and was able to compelte them. Be sure to spread the word around if you see someone having problems.
  • karsgor#2229 karsgor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    im new, its happening to me too, i refuse to buy this game until its fixed.
  • deepheat76#1262 deepheat76 Member Posts: 1 New User
    >
    > Hopefully Cryptic will quickly resolve this issue and maybe give some kind of 'apology' bonus to the new players for their inconvenience, because if I were new to Neverwinter and my first experience was one quest after another being bugged to the point where I couldn't progress, I don't think I'd be encouraged to stay around long or tell my friends Neverwinter was worth playing.
    >

Well I'm new to Neverwinter and love it. But now...like you say, not so much. I understand there being bugs in a game like this, what annoys me the most is the zero coverage this seems to be getting from Cryptic. Just put up a forum post with an explanation and a fix due-date or something. Now I just feel totally ignored(and not just me by the looks of it). And I was about to put some zen into the game as well... going to wait until this mess is sorted out..
    Add to that this "fun" fact: I registered three bug tickets. All are non existent in game and on the support forum. Well, that's a big f-you from cryptic if ever there was one! I've read that a lot of players experience this bug as well.

So, dear Cryptic , please put an update on the forums or on your website and make sure that tickets get logged. And sort out this mess. please. pretty please. Cherry on top.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Moderation notes: merged 4 threads in one.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    reading what was posted above....

Abandon doomsguide and clock tower, after that go do the other "bugged" ones, they will work now. As I posted earlier in this thread. Every other instanced quest with a reward box at the end got bugged for me aslong I had these 2 quests in my log, after abandoning these two all the other quests unbugged and was able to compelte them. Be sure to spread the word around if you see someone having problems.

This fixed spellplague tower while I was in it.

Thank you zulanai
  • bigwar2bigwar2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

In my list I have:

Regards,

Adding to this, characters created in Mod15, are unable to loot Arcane Reservoir Weekly Quest in Sharandar as well, my characters from before mod15 can do it just fine but those from after cannot...

• orionv#0519 orionv Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The dev team are aware of it.. great. How is it not fixed a week ago?
  • corpsepaintcorpsepaint Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    They are a joke ... A game-breaking bug like that should be addressed in 24 hours max. A week with a bug like this and waves of new people trying the game leave and don't look back
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    The "Inventory Full" bug also exists when completing Foundry quests as well. I just discovered that today.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • nepalem#1002 nepalem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    percemer said:

Greetings,

In my list I have:

Regards,

please add the list :
    quenching the flames (the chasm)
    The Icehammer (icespire peack)
    same problem
    thanks
  • hexerkid#1813 hexerkid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i think by now it is safe to assume that it affects ALL dungeon quests with treasure chest endings
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User

i think by now it is safe to assume that it affects ALL dungeon quests with treasure chest endings

Only the ones that show 3-quartz crystals in a chest I believe so whenever anyone opens a chest and sees 3-quartz in it, presume it's probably bugged, but otherwise, yeah.
    DD~
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I can confirm that it is the "Doomguides Duty" and "Clockwork Tomb" missions that are the problem. I also abandoned those missions and have been able to progress through "Scar Alley"
  • orionv#0519 orionv Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It doesn't matter if there was a similar bug that took a week to fix. It's not a bug that should take a week to fix, let alone 2 days to notice. This should've been noticed by the devs IMMEDIATELY, and fixed.. IMMEDIATELY. I get that the dev team isn't comparable to Blizzard's or other massive companies, but this shouldn't be at all difficult. This is what you'd call.. a very bad joke that can't be defended.