test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug in the quest "The duty of a Doomguide" (more than 1 quest affected)

Comments

• davendrilldavendrill Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    don't work for me... :( im blocked
  • krieggodkrieggod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Same problem here, I am not able to complete the Neverdeath area because the quests are broken and wont let me receive my rewards. I could care less honestly about some quartz, but one of these quests rewards is a bag.
    How can you claim to make the game better for new players when they cant even complete the quests?
    I was really impressed with Neverwinter before Mod15. Now I think I'm just done with it for good, updated twice a week that don't follow along with my schedule, only to break what was never broken. Good jobs devs, must not be getting paid much.

EDIT: Ive already abandon the quest and retried 3 times. with no luck, just wasted time.
  • chattingnutchattingnut Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Mine is bugged as well...A Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork tomb. So frustrating!
  • beerkun#4357 beerkun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    quest hard to reach places is doing the same to me anyone found a work a round ?
  • orionv#0519 orionv Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It's pretty disgusting that this bug has lasted even a day. Are the developers all half-baked graduates who used their grandparent's money to cheat their way through their degree?
  • astidoniusforumastidoniusforum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    here it is day 2 of not being able to complete any quest that has a chest at the end to finish the quest. Not only am I wasting time playing these quests, Im wasting my precious VIP time. I mean Im VIP 12 and getting stuck with a bug that should have been squashed on a test server. Have not even heard a response that they acknowledge this massive problem or even an apology to the masses this is effecting. Not to mention its turning players away. Sure hope they do something soon. I know I wont be back till its fixed, nor will my credit card for that matter.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Seems the first impression a lot of new players are getting after the mod 15 update is a lot of the quests they need to complete to be able to use the Auction House, Chat, etc. are bugged...

As far as first impressions go - not good in my opinion.

Neverdeath:

Problem yesterday with Doomguide's Duty and today Clockwork Guild Tomb. Lots of space in inventory bags but when I go to collect the "3-Quartz" in the chest at the end an error message pops up saying "inventory is full" and cannot exit the Clockwork tomb quest until the chest reward is claimed.

UPDATE: Add Crypts of Kelevomr in Ebon Downs to that list...Also 3-Quartz in final chest and also cannot leave the crypt without collecting reward unless leaving by the way a player entered the crypt.
    Add Xin'kar Enclave quest in Vellosk to that list as well.

And in the case of the Crypts of Kelevmor, and Xin'kar Enclave, if you can't complete these quests, you can't progress any farther in these areas.

Go to turn in a Request for GM Help and get a popup saying to check the Forum or Wiki... not any specific Forum or Official Neverwinter Wiki page mentioning the problem, just the generic main page for the forums and wiki that's not a lot of help. :s

So far it seems any endgame chests with 3-quartz in them are the ones that are bugged.

As I remember 3-Quartz was not the previous reward for these quests so maybe in changing the rewards in the chests, something glitched.

Really difficult to level up a new character when there are so many main quests that have to be completed before progressing bugged.

DD~
    edited November 2018
    Seems to be several different threads about these low level quests being borked (bugged) after Mod 15. New players are stuck beginning around Neverdeath "Doomguide's Duty", which of course means they cannot progress to the next quest so they can't get to the final quest to get their next free bag.

The same type of problem in Ebon Downs, Vellosk and other places. New and low level players are unable to progress in several areas because many of the intermediate quests (before the final quest in these areas) won't allow players to collect their 3-quartz crystal rewards as they keep getting a "Inventory full" error message.

Hopefully Cryptic will quickly resolve this issue and maybe give some kind of 'apology' bonus to the new players for their inconvenience, because if I were new to Neverwinter and my first experience was one quest after another being bugged to the point where I couldn't progress, I don't think I'd be encouraged to stay around long or tell my friends Neverwinter was worth playing.

Just my 2¢
    DD~
    edited November 2018

dionchi said:

New players are stuck beginning around Neverdeath "Doomguide's Duty", which of course means they cannot progress to the next quest so they can't get to the final quest to get their next free bag.

You dont need to complete Doomguide's Duty to get to the final quest for the bag, The Clock Tower, but even when you progress to the final Clock Tower quest it has the same bug so you still cant get the bag anyway.
    You're right, players don't have to complete the first tier of quests in Neverdeath to go to the next tier...

But how many new players are going to know that without receiving the "Wearers of Purple" quest?

And you're also right about the Clocktower quest also being bugged, so still "No Bag For You!" (with license from Seinfeld) : B)
    DD~
  • astidoniusforumastidoniusforum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Every quest Ive tried (at least 7 confirmed) the chest spawns and glows, no matter what zone or what quest, its 3 quartz that can not be looted due to false full inventory. Its not client side. its bad code on the dev side. All we can do is wait and hope the VIP players who support this game dont walk away from neglect. I know Im really close to giving up after 2 days.
  • kihra#0606 kihra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The quest "no crevice untouched" (basically the start of elemental evil) is also bugged and cant be completed due to three quartz in the quest. seriously, who thought it was a good idea to have "collect rewards" as a quest objective in the first place? who wants 3 quartz anyways?
  • flintxx007#6574 flintxx007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The funny thing is it doesn't even show the other rewards just the 3 Quartz. Getting really annoying would be nice if a GM could "advance" the quests ingame. But GM's are like rocking horse Sh@te it seems
  • kihra#0606 kihra Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Abandon Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Guild Tomb. After abandoning these 2 the other quests started working for me.

It worked!! i abandoned all the uncompleted quests and did again no crevice untouched and i could finish it! thanks so much!!!! :D
    OH MY GOD THANKS YOU SAVIOUR.

I did the elemental evil first quest and it shows me 3 quartz in the chest and it didnt work. i abandoned both of these and suddenly i had the normal quest rewards in the chest and it worked. so happy
  • dota#3132 dota Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I've had enough of dungeons with all the problems. I can not complete the tasks until the end. Why they will not fix it.
  • simkyn#5812 simkyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Abandon Doomguide's Duty and Clockwork Guild Tomb. After abandoning these 2 the other quests started working for me.

It worked!! i abandoned all the uncompleted quests and did again no crevice untouched and i could finish it! thanks so much!!!! :D

I did the elemental evil first quest and it shows me 3 quartz in the chest and it didnt work. i abandoned both of these and suddenly i had the normal quest rewards in the chest and it worked. so happy
    I wish this worked for me. I have 4 quests that are blocked and I've tried multiple times, dropping and redoing the quests. Each and every time they have the same problem. 3 quartz and "inventory full"
  • irizztirizzt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here, can't collect reward. In journal as reward are quartz and worker's balm but in chest is only quartz, maybe this is a problem.
    edited November 2018

I wish this worked for me. I have 4 quests that are blocked and I've tried multiple times, dropping and redoing the quests. Each and every time they have the same problem. 3 quartz and "inventory full"
    Work around hasn't worked for me yet either...

Still can't do Doomguide's Duty or Clock Tower quests. Going to partner with another new character and give it one more try a little later.

UPDATE (*2-hours later):

Took my level 30(something) character with a friend's newly rolled character and did all the quests up to "Doomguide's Duty" where he encountered the same problem I did a few days ago when I checked still 3-quartz crystals and still the same error message "Inventory full" when it wasn't.

Somehow I have a feeling this SNAFU is less of a priority to the game than some of the others I've been reading about, but the one that appears to most directly effect new players and newly rolled characters - go figure.

Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • albanaraalbanara Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue here - A Doomguide's Duty with the final chest of 3 quarts. Inventory space available but no good.
  • albanaraalbanara Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Submitted bug just now as well.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I noticed it first with Doomsguide's Duty in Graveyard, then it continued with Clockwork Tower again. I still have both unable to progress &/or turn in yet was able at least to do every other quest. I went to Helms Hold but "The Underscar" also won't work, yet the bigger problem there is if you go to next campfire, you won't receive next mission or continue.

I think I post-pone trying to level any new character until this is corrected. So hopefully it fixed soon!

I suspect they trying to Stick Quartz (Refinement) &/or Supplements into the wrong slot. Either something that is meant for Inventory is going to Toolbox, Materials Satchel, &/or Inventory incorrectly causing the [Error] Inventory Full dialog. Cause I do in fact have plenty of space in all three locations.

Someone likely needs to review possibly 2 or 3 missions in each zone, especially those that have added any supplements as rewards. This includes Dungeons as well!