test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

September 2018 Maintenance Schedule

Comments

• methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Must be those windows 10 servers! ;P

[NOTE to Mods] - This is in jest. No flaming at Cryptic, solely at Micro$oft.
  • smok3#6971 smok3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    On this thread's first page it says : Tuesday, September 25*
    All Platforms 5-8am PT(Expected downtime of 3 hours) When is this for me?

On the second page : Tuesday, September 25*
    PC 5am - 2pm PT (Expected downtime of 9 hours) When is this for me?
    XBox/PS4 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

No updates on FB and Twitter since sept 13.

???
  • scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    yep im getting the server update error too
    im guessing the servers are still down auto patch just errors out
  • ressurrectedsinressurrectedsin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    -watches anime til it's all back up-
  • tvoreztvorez Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @"smok3#6971" said:
    > On this thread's first page it says : Tuesday, September 25*
    > All Platforms 5-8am PT(Expected downtime of 3 hours) When is this for me?
    >
    > On the second page : Tuesday, September 25*
    > PC 5am - 2pm PT (Expected downtime of 9 hours) When is this for me?
    > XBox/PS4 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)
    >
    > No updates on FB and Twitter since sept 13.
    >
    > ???

was added:

Wednesday September 26*
    PC 5am - 2pm PT (Expected downtime of 9 hours) When is this for me?
  • gosu#4653 gosu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    The update has installed for me but not connecting to login server
    mine still errors out lol
  • glitchgirl#3318 glitchgirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    mine too. I wish this would hurry up or they would inform us on whats going on or how long it would be.
    I really wanna choke that auto update lol
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    It's officially until 10am PT, which means for another 45 minutes until we should begin worrying. The times given in the OP is wrong. Don't ask me why they weren't edited, but I've been on since early morning and its been 5am-10am all along.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • moonshadows2moonshadows2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    At this point, everyone should just assume that the game is going to be down for the entire day and that we won't be getting any updates from the devs. Judging by what they said, the servers should already be up and I should be able to log on, but I can't and my patcher throws errors. I'm more willing to believe an earlier post that stated the Xbox platform maintenance had been extended to five hours.

Which is likely why no one is getting anywhere -- because it's not just the Xbox server maintenance that's been extended, it's been extended for all platforms.
    Holy HAMSTER. I just noticed that we're getting a patch today (that's delayed) on the PC and a MASSIVE one tomorrow?!? LAME! -_-
  • gosu#4653 gosu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Spare some change cryptic? :(
  • yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Maintenance has been extended until 10am PT across all platforms - Neverwinter's Twitter Account
  • andy#7236 andy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    yep same here.imagephoto Capture.png" alt="" />
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Holy HAMSTER. I just noticed that we're getting a patch today (that's delayed) on the PC and a MASSIVE one tomorrow?!? LAME! -_-

There is no patch really... They've been doing some long-term server maintenance since last month (possibly upgrades). Should end soon.
    FrozenFire

There is no patch really... They've been doing some long-term server maintenance since last month (possibly upgrades). Should end soon.
    Just blame Micro$oft. It's what I do. ;)
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    @ilithyn its past the time of normal downtime, but extended downtime for problemmatic bugs is nothing new in my eyes but if I get back form lunch and the servers are STILL DOWN I will worry.

@staff is there anyone I should contact in regards to the thing I mentioned earler? i just think it would help with one of their ongoing investigation things its not super importiant but its something.
    @kyonesiver this maintenance has nothing to do with bugs. If you've noted it is across all platforms. It's about back end work and server security. I think they're giving PS4 their weekly patch now when stuff is down anyway, but the long downtime itself has nothing to do with bug fixing.

Maintenance has been extended until 10am PT across all platforms - Neverwinter's Twitter Account

Which is now. Time to break out the pitchforks :p (kidding, kidding)
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

@kyonesiver this maintenance has nothing to do with bugs. If you've noted it is across all platforms. It's about back end work and server security. I think they're giving PS4 their weekly patch now when stuff is down anyway, but the long downtime itself has nothing to do with bug fixing.

they still have plenty of bugs I lost my WarDog pet to one and have a idea that will fix it, but I'm not too salty because I will likely spend money again on this game if they don't do a rush to lvl-cap and ruin the immersion and only pander to higher level players who don't care much for the masses anyway other than "they are pk bait" (one of many reasons many others and myself got out of pvp need mind you)

Also I am not sure if you are aware of this but the only reason downtime is usally extended in my area is if they found a bug that needs fixing. right now the launcher itsself is not opening up at all this means the entire server is down. it must have been a pretty nasty bug.
    its hold your breath time now nothing is up yet lol
  • bessariabessaria Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    In terms of open, timely communication and transparency this company in on par with the kinds of Trion and Nexon.
  • lorieann1lorieann1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Its not updating the launcher so that I can get on. Is the server up ? I do have internet connection even though it keeps telling me to check it.