test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

September 2018 Maintenance Schedule

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2018 in News & Announcements
Current Maintenance Updates

Maintenance for today, September 26, is a continuation of the migration process begun last month. The duration of these maintenance is due to the nature of this task. There is no game update for today.

Greetings Adventurers!

We will be performing a second phase of extended maintenance this month. Below is the current schedule for September maintenance. Please note that this schedule is subject to change.

Thursday, September 6
All Platforms 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)

Tuesday, September 11
All Platforms 5-10am PT (Expected downtime of 5 hours) When is this for me?

Thursday, September 13
XBox/PS4 5-10am PT (Expected downtime of 5 hours) When is this for me?
PC 5-11am PT (Expected downtime of 6 hours)

Tuesday, September 18
Console maintenance moved to Thursday.

Thursday, September 20
PC 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)
XBox/PS4 7-9am PT (Regular maintenance)
NOTE: PC and Xbox One will receive content updates/have patch notes. PS4 will just be a server restart with a content update planned for next week.

Tuesday, September 25*
All Platforms 5-9am PT(Expected downtime of 4 hours) When is this for me?

Wednesday September 26*
PC 5am - 2pm PT (Expected downtime of 9 hours) When is this for me?

*Drider (Russian Server) will also be down during the downtimes on September 25 and 26
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Any possible idea as to when the latest PC patches will be pushed to console? Really want to get my Apocalypse Set up and running.
  • slientbob22slientbob22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    please let this fix the companion tokens
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    still no notes on what is being worked on ? some information would go a long way to making us happy with a 5 hour maintenance.
  • serraelisepserraelisep Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What are you all on about with companion tokens??
  • powder18powder18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    ??10:49AM Now 10:00AM Supose to be done by ? How long more & Whats Going to be added and or fixed.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    powder18 said:

??10:49AM Now 10:00AM Supose to be done by ? How long more & Whats Going to be added and or fixed.

10 am Pacific Time
  • Would be nice to see some actual information on why so much maintenance is needed. From my perspective, disconnection issues and crashes have only gotten worse since last maintenance and nothing has been forthcoming to say why. No fixes apparently either...
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

still no notes on what is being worked on ? some information would go a long way to making us happy with a 5 hour maintenance.

Since it's all platforms, almost certainly infrastructure of some sort, looks like STO has it also and the one on Thursday so don't expect anything specific to NW.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    just back from the maintenance. I believe that there is a faster load on the account/login server connection. Can anyone confirm?

had someone in alliance say it feels faster, maybe the lag is gone :)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2018
    Sept 11 maintenance:
    -Confirming no patch notes, server specific maintenance.
    -As of 10:00am, PC and Xbox are up. PS4 maintenance extended to 10:30am. All platforms are now available!
    Post edited by nitocris83 on
  • syberthug#1337 syberthug Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    PS4 still down. The "Play" is clickable now however says server is unavailable till 10:30 PST or 1:30pm EST.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Thank you for the efforts to keep the game up and running.

• blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    since the seals change that happened in river district can we not have at least 20 in there when we do the shes so where not getting 20 from 2x seals day
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Updated for Thursday, September 13.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • lordreliclordrelic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Maybe we’ll finally get the option to turn off the messages that flash across the screen and screw up game play because it hinders line of sight when i’m in combat? No, well we can hope but why would they listen to PAYING players. 🤬
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    lordrelic said:

Maybe we’ll finally get the option to turn off the messages that flash across the screen and screw up game play because it hinders line of sight when i’m in combat? No, well we can hope but why would they listen to PAYING players. 🤬

Paying customers? Last I checked Neverwinter was free to play.

people sure do get grumpy when not able to play. Be constructive and offer suggestions for change rather than just complaining. The developers do look at suggestions and take them all into consideration.

Not really complaining, just curious. I imagine they are doing more than just to a server restart.
  • foulfootfoulfoot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    A heads-up on the log-in or loading screens 24hrs in advance would be nice.
  • bmrousebmrouse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    login not working games broken GG
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    bmrouse said:

login not working games broken GG

Servers aren't up just yet.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • skyzygy#8995 skyzygy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    ok so how long will be the maintenance just curios should be over hour ago
  • kylianrosekylianrose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Its not a neverwinter update. Its arc updating their servers.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018
  • grantanator#9978 grantanator Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @foulfoot said:
    > A heads-up on the log-in or loading screens 24hrs in advance would be nice.

They did. I just downloaded yesterday and it was on the login screen in Red
  • > @kreatyve said:
    > login not working games broken GG
    >
    > Servers aren't up just yet.

Do you know how much longer they will be down? The calendar says 10 my time but its not up yet
  • craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    My time now is 18.25 Eu time and no game yet!
    What's the problem here?
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

My time now is 18.25 Eu time and no game yet!
    What's the problem here?

The difference between PT and CEST is 9 hours :)
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    :) Thank's
  • foulfootfoulfoot Member Posts: 2 Arc User

> @foulfoot said:

> A heads-up on the log-in or loading screens 24hrs in advance would be nice.

They did. I just downloaded yesterday and it was on the login screen in Red

I'm pretty sure that when I logged on somewhen like 19:00 hours CEST, there was no heads-up, either on ARCs log-in, or the Neverwinter patch window. :/