test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ravenloft Launch Week Issues

Comments

• Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Collecting Blinsky's doll heads does not count for the quest if you are in a party. Leaving the party fixed the problem.
  • Options
    inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    In regards to the sunset hilt. I didn't even realize it would be an item put into my inventory. My husband and I ran the quest and neither of us got an item. So if it's an item we are supposed to get, what will happen to rectify this? Will all those who have completed the quest have it put into out inventories?
    Sometimes this game seems so unfriendly to groups. I hardly ever play alone, especially when it's new content. My husband and I like to experience that together.
    I know they will fix it so I'm not to worried. Just unconvinced.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,272 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    --
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    percemer said:

as requested, here is a summary of bugs my team reported to Cryptic:
    (please note there are not all bugs on this list, and we cannot communicate about everything)

Barovia Hunts
    - If a member of the group is disconnected, other players will not receive any reward.
    - 5 locations are never used
    - 2 locations are misplaced
    - Some players cannot launch a hunt, even if they have Wanted Posters

- Heroic Encounter "Martikov merchants"
    - Throne of the Dwarven Gods (Undead Thoon Hulk)
    - Barovia Instances
    - Nemilos (two-star hunt) cause the same issue as Yuan-ti and can stuck players
    - Sunsword - If players are in a group, only one player can click on the pile of gold, so only one player of the group can receive the Sunsword Hilt.
    - Blinsky Doll quest - Some players are unable to complete the quest
    - CoDG - Atropal is moving (should be fixed with the next maintenance)
    - ToNG - issues with AoE from Orcus and Ras Nsi
    - Brutal & Savage Enchantments on companions
    - Master Demogorgon: Legendary Dragon Key is used instead of Greater Demonic Key
    - Demogorgon - Goristro is not moving
    - Salvaged Gear Pack (tooltip updated in English, but should be updated asap for EU)
    - Sword Coast Chronicles - display issue "claim reward"
    - Enlightened Insignia of Skill confers Action Point Gain instead of Combat Advantage Bonus.
    [...]

Thanks again for your help!

@percemer, this is what you said in another thread regarding Prosperity insignia.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1240976/mount-insignia-bugged
    percemer said:

Hello @juanblade1,

We are aware of this issue and working on it.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience!

Regards,

And, you don't even have that in your list.
    For me, that is the most important bug I want to get rid of because I am losing 50% XP bonus for all my characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

Oops I forgot to add this issue on this list, but don't worry we sent it the last week :relieved: "Insignia of Prosperity no longer confers Experience Gain." Cryptic is also working on it

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    percemer said:

Oops I forgot to add this issue on this list, but don't worry we sent it the last week :relieved: "Insignia of Prosperity no longer confers Experience Gain." Cryptic is also working on it

Thank you.
  • Options
    kilychankilychan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I do not know if this issue or something similar to it has been mentioned already, but ever since the module release, there are a HANDFUL of instances that I cannot go into because my game crashes at EVERY attempt to load in. Trying to log back into my character is useless because it will attempt to bring me back into the instance and thus, subsequently crash again; verifying files is no help whatsoever. Only by logging into a different character and waiting for a bit will let me back into the previous character.

The instances I have come across so far that have caused me to crash every single time (and probably more in counting if this is not fixed):
    -Tomb of the Nine Gods
    -Fane of the Night Serpent
    -The Old Bonegrinder (Ravenloft weekly)
    -Various Soshenstar/Omu patrols
    -Valindra's Tower

This is truly a game breaking issue and it is effectively preventing me from running end-game content. At first, I thought it was only limited to Chult content however, as you can see, the issue is widespread and I have heard others experiencing something like this as well (in fact, a guild member and I experienced the first Valindra's Tower crash last night). I had hoped the recent maintenance patch would fix it - it did not. I hope to get some answers or solutions to this soon because something as critically flawed as this has gone on long enough.
  • Options
    skilgannon#8999 skilgannon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @therealprotex said:
    > Two more bugs:
    >
    > The pilgrim weapon bug is back. When you killed a group of mobs in Omu and there is another group nearby you keep on switching to combat mode all the time although the other group is not attacked.
    >
    > The game crashes upon entering Runestead. When you Restart and load the same character again, the game crashes immediatly again.

Would like to as well confirm that the game crashes upon entering Runestead as it tries to patch files in loading screen. As quoted, restarting and reloading does not help.
  • Options
    drixtondrixton Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same as above with instance crashes.
    I updated my video card drivers last night the sad part is with old video drivers it works but not with new ones go figure.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Some things i've noticed: the list of map instances in barovia do not correspond to actual list (i.e. someone complains that there is only 4 instances and #23 isn't one of them) and second, being able to transfer to a party members map instance is broken. Gives a red notice that you must be in the same map but different instance to transfer. It is the same message i got when i tried to go back to FBI instance with my queue group after the map timer expired. (the exit was far to close to the chest and i hit the portal and not the chest, I was very upset with that. Would be nice to have a confirmation to exit, especially if not all the chest(s) have been opened by that player)
    The tarroka card artifact is listed in collections but doesn't give where/how to obtain it. Nor is it listed in the wiki or on this forum.
    Some means to find the Night Terror would be nice: A map object, a compass direction, a title heading (like when it incarnates), a warmer/colder indicator, a special effect like snow flakes or breath turning frosty, the minimap turning bluish white, screen effects similar to the POM and demo paralization (can't use encounters) effect but with smoke or frost, something.....

Other than that, well done with barovia :)
    p.s. the CGI movie you did for a teaser was Awesome !!
  • Options
    Btw, a bug i mentioned before. Lightning arcs from trans lightning enchant go into the POM portals when the demon that was struck is close to one, this then can arc back into an ally like my pet. This cancels the possibility of the trans Light bonus of 33% more damage if only one target is affected. POM is horrible enough but this makes it really annoying for Translight users.
  • Options
    steve7151#9007 steve7151 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Tried to enter into Monini Crypts in Neverdeath. The loading screen appears and the game client crashes. I have tried about 4-5 times, and nothing works. I re-verify the files and everything was good, but the game still crashes.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    My earlier work-around for having only 2 instances listed to move to
    hasn't worked since. (Visiting PE) So, I can't do BHE unless it happens
    to be running where I already happen to be. Not good. :/
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    browncirclebrowncircle Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    kilychan said:

I do not know if this issue or something similar to it has been mentioned already, but ever since the module release, there are a HANDFUL of instances that I cannot go into because my game crashes at EVERY attempt to load in. Trying to log back into my character is useless because it will attempt to bring me back into the instance and thus, subsequently crash again; verifying files is no help whatsoever. Only by logging into a different character and waiting for a bit will let me back into the previous character.

The instances I have come across so far that have caused me to crash every single time (and probably more in counting if this is not fixed):

-Tomb of the Nine Gods

-Fane of the Night Serpent

-The Old Bonegrinder (Ravenloft weekly)

-Various Soshenstar/Omu patrols

-Valindra's Tower

This is truly a game breaking issue and it is effectively preventing me from running end-game content. At first, I thought it was only limited to Chult content however, as you can see, the issue is widespread and I have heard others experiencing something like this as well (in fact, a guild member and I experienced the first Valindra's Tower crash last night). I had hoped the recent maintenance patch would fix it - it did not. I hope to get some answers or solutions to this soon because something as critically flawed as this has gone on long enough.

I'm experiencing the same things. Crashes on Valindra's Tower and Soshenstar patrol instances everytime (not advanced enough to do anything above Chult). However, the interesting thing is this happens only to my first character, but not my second character. Also, this happens only to the computer that has a AMD card, not to others that have Nvidia card. During one after crash verification, there was an Error 36 stating something like a file being locked, but that only showed up once.
  • Options
    twm2000twm2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Audio loss when doing the Yester Hill BHE.

I've entered the fray on the Yester Hill big HE 3 times now when it's in full swing with many fellow players (6 - 10 at least), and each time I lose environmental audio. The music continues, but everything else disappears. I have to close the game out completely and restart it to get that audio back.

This has not happened when there were only 2 or 3 players making the attempt (yes - we all died).

I was hoping the patch would cure this, but no luck so far.

My husband and I have both had audio loss just when logging into the game for the first time at night. If we completely exit the game, then we have audio again. I have noticed on the Options, Audio tab that there are no choices for what type of audio equipment is being used.
  • Options
    twm2000twm2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Cannot change instances from within Barovia. I'm sure this has been posted somewhere on the 14 pages but if not....

When joining a party, we are unable to join the party leaders instance. We have to actually leave the area and come back. Maybe we will be in the correct instance or maybe not.

An error message states that "you must be in a different instance from the instance of the person you are trying to transfer to" or similar language. This happens regardless. I could be in instance 2 and party member in instance 3. If you right click on the person to join their instance, that message shows up.

You also cannot change to any instance. If you want to change from 3 to 10, you cannot do it as instance 10 is not available to transfer to even if there are only 5 people in it.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Truly minor bug but hey. The sound on the Jubilee Unicorn is breaks now and again missing a step or two so it sounds like it's walking or trotting, when it's actually cantering.
    Seems to happen most in Barovia and in the SKT maps (Bryn Shander, Lonelywood, ect).
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

My earlier work-around for having only 2 instances listed to move to
    hasn't worked since. (Visiting PE) So, I can't do BHE unless it happens
    to be running where I already happen to be. Not good. :/

Yes, you can:
    - get invited to bhe by someone in the bhe instance,
    - teleport to PE,
    - make sure all other party members are either outside Barovia or in the same instance as the bhe,
    - teleport back to Barovia, this should put you in the bhe instance.
    Not a speedy or handy way, but at least it works...

• Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Noted Bugs:

The AOEs from bosses in House of Crocodile and TOMB do not show the red area correctly.
    Merchant's Misery in Barovia (not the one by the river, but the one north of the village, with the scarecrows) bugs on the third wave.
    Blank trading card vendor does not reset after appropriate time (24 hour rolling).
    Random Queues place persons in half abandoned queues that are already bugged (demogorgon), and continue to place over and over.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Some Enabled Weapon &/or Armor Enchantments displayed as DISABLED.

I've noticed one other minor thing though it mostly happens on my GWF not my HR; but both have a >R10 Vorpal Enchant. The issue is even if it's weapon enchantment visuals is ENABLED -- often it display as being OFF.

I mean I have to go to Character Sheet to edit the Weapon Enchantments, then choose to enable/disable the Visuals... while in the Character SHEET window preview it shows the flashy WHITE weapon from the Vorpol; yet in the game main window often appears like it's been disabled even though it is NOT. If I sometimes disable and enable the Weapon Enchantment again it sometimes TURNS on but often doesn't remain so.

While 'most' of the time I love disabling my Armor Enchants depending on what one they are, but I've noticed my GWF Vorpal is often displaying as OFF when it should be ON in the Main Window despite it showing as enabled in the Character Sheet preview.

I'm not sure if it's just Vorpal or related to this Class of Character... I just know it mostly occurs on my GWF almost exclusively. Yet it could be related to other strange Graphics issues I've commented and updated on PAGE 9 of the thread.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1240856/ravenloft-launch-week-issues/p9
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    -
    strathkin said:

Some Enabled Weapon &/or Armor Enchantments displayed as DISABLED.

I've noticed one other minor thing though it mostly happens on my GWF not my HR; but both have a >R10 Vorpal Enchant. The issue is even if it's weapon enchantment visuals is ENABLED -- often it display as being OFF.

I mean I have to go to Character Sheet to edit the Weapon Enchantments, then choose to enable/disable the Visuals... while in the Character SHEET window preview it shows the flashy WHITE weapon from the Vorpol; yet in the game main window often appears like it's been disabled even though it is NOT. If I sometimes disable and enable the Weapon Enchantment again it sometimes TURNS on but often doesn't remain so.

While 'most' of the time I love disabling my Armor Enchants depending on what one they are, but I've noticed my GWF Vorpal is often displaying as OFF when it should be ON in the Main Window despite it showing as enabled in the Character Sheet preview.

So my GWF Weapon Enchant is often viewed as OFF despite being ENABLED. I'm not sure if it's a Vorpal Display or something specific to GWF or some other related Memory leak / Graphic related issue I've comment & updated a few times on PAGE 9 of the thread below.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1240856/ravenloft-launch-week-issues/p9

I have a Transvorpal in my GWF that turn "off" (visuals off even tuned on) and a Perfect Terror on my HR that has the same problem...
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So it's NOT just me. Just too bad 97% of the player best doesn't post to the forums; most likely stick to in game bug reports or just simply READ the forums.

-- UPDATE BELOW --- cause &/or workaround weapon enchant visuals not display?

▪ My HR also has transmuted her Bow with the Iliyanbruen Bow and yet Displays perfectly with no issues; at least that I know of or have seen so far. Now realize her Weapon's were Pilgrim which goes to 500/520 max - she later changed to the Primal but again also a 500/520 (max) weapon. She's never seen the issue yet. Nor did my Paladin or my Wizard who has Pilgrim or then Primal.

▪ My GWF that has the problem Displaying Weapons Enchantment Visuals is however using the Wootz Chultan Weapons but also has it transmuted to the Iliyanbruen Greatsword. As I've begun to investigate this more I've only seen it appear on the weapons so far go at best to 480 max; so I can't tell if some of the 480 (max) weapons, the specific Transmutes, or some other BUG.

I just got Primal Weapon on my GWF and since re-equipping the Enchants, I've not seen weapon enchantment visuals fail to display yet in almost 30 minutes. Previously visuals would only last maybe 30 seconds if I was lucky 1-3 minutes.

Yet CONFIRMED the second I Transmuted using the Iliyanbruen Greatsword on the Wootz weapon the problem immediately returned for my GWF. Then I transmuted the Primal Weapon to Fighters Greatsword purchased with Gold; it immediately RETURNED and worked FINE for over 2-3 hrs... Sadly just now the problem returned -briefly- for my GWF; but changing maps to Stronghold it is again working. So it seems some weapons seem to display consistently, well others seem to have more unstable behavior, as they can go ON or OFF at any moment. I've only so far noticed this solely however on my GWF and only him alone. :'(

Strange but TRUE.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    strathkin said:

So it's NOT just me. Just too bad 97% of the player best doesn't post to the forums; most likely stick to in game bug reports or just simply READ the forums.

yep

At least 4 more players in Synergy Alliance chat talking about this bug sometimes...
  • Options
    gefvertgefvert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Before the Ravenloft Mod, the Barracks used to require Conquest Shards. Now it seems to require Adventure Shards. I don't remember seeing any notes about such a change anywhere. Is this a mistake, or is it intended?
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Please, please, PLEASE STOP forcing the on-demand patching. I saw this bug report a lot of times here, but I need to add my experience as well. It has to stop. There's a reason why I disable on-demand patching, because it makes my loading very long, and makes my game nearly unplayable sometimes.
    When patching, my screen freezes, so with that constant patching, there're some instances where i literally go forward frames by frames, because of the patch.

It worked well before Mod14, you have to fix this, for brain's sake.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    gefvert said:

Before the Ravenloft Mod, the Barracks used to require Conquest Shards. Now it seems to require Adventure Shards. I don't remember seeing any notes about such a change anywhere. Is this a mistake, or is it intended?

It's in the patch notes.

Strongholds: The Barracks now uses Adventurer's Shards of Power rather than Conquerer's Shards of Power.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10936423-patch-notes:-version:-nw.100.20180611a.6
  • Options
    agilesto said:

Please, please, PLEASE STOP forcing the on-demand patching. I saw this bug report a lot of times here, but I need to add my experience as well. It has to stop. There's a reason why I disable on-demand patching, because it makes my loading very long, and makes my game nearly unplayable sometimes.
    When patching, my screen freezes, so with that constant patching, there're some instances where i literally go forward frames by frames, because of the patch.

It worked well before Mod14, you have to fix this, for brain's sake.

Turn that off in game launcher. You have to download the complete game, many GBs, but then it wont require patching on demand. That PoD is good for those, who like me, have a limited net speed and/or data rate. I'd rather patch 200mb or so each Thursday than 2 GB. It is, ofc, up to you.

• Options
    gefvert said:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth......
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Would like to add another AoE warning missing:
    Undead mind flayer in Castle Never. When the room flips, the squares indicating where the spikes will be does not show.
This discussion has been closed.