What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ravenloft Launch Week Issues

Comments

• Options
    chochlordchochlord Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @poisoncloud said:
    > The game crashed when I entered Monini Crypts. Now I cannot use the character, the game crashes immediately when I log into the character. There is nothing helpful in the event logs. Please fix it, or provide a way to boot the character back to Neverdead or some other zone.
    >
    > Did you try to log an alt and then the char in question? Or starting game in safe mode to log them in?

Yes alts were fine. I waited 10 minutes, I presume the timeout value, and was able to log in as my character was booted back to Neverdead Graveyard.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Changing chars 30 seconds timer activates in Barovia (when out of combat, by campfire even).
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    chochlord said:

> @poisoncloud said:

> The game crashed when I entered Monini Crypts. Now I cannot use the character, the game crashes immediately when I log into the character. There is nothing helpful in the event logs. Please fix it, or provide a way to boot the character back to Neverdead or some other zone.

>

> Did you try to log an alt and then the char in question? Or starting game in safe mode to log them in?

Yes alts were fine. I waited 10 minutes, I presume the timeout value, and was able to log in as my character was booted back to Neverdead Graveyard.

@chochlord May I suggest contacting Support if you haven't already? While the crashing is definitely a bug it might be a bit before it is fixed and Support can sometime manually move your character to another zone where you can load it. Won't fix the crashing issue but it'll give you access to your character again.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    mephystophelesmephystopheles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    I traded in 5 cards for 1 random low cards today. After double clicking on the random low cards in my inventory, I see 1 notification as cards loot in bottom right corner, but they don't show up in my Tarokka deck. I've just lost 5 cards because of this bug...
  • Options
    zzyklon123zzyklon123 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    pls fix bug with runestead... travel to this map just crash game
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Am I losing my mind or are the card packs for sale at the Vistani merchant just *not giving cards*? Like, it'll tell me I've got a 5 of Swords but I'll still have that card listed as "0" in the deck.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    kev1nj said:

Just attempted 'castle Ravenloft' quest. The first objective is to pick up the sunsword, but it can't be interacted with.

Apparently some people have this problem, some don't. I teamed with somebody else who picked it up by clicking F on it without an interact cursor (which I couldn't do) and we then completed the quest.

• Options
    If you die at Strahd, you respawn back at the start but can't pick up the sun sword because you dropped it inside the gates.

And the gates won't open because you don't have the sun sword.
  • Options
    quipyowert#2297 quipyowert Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Found another bug but this one is rather minor. When turning in Cauldron Bubble quest to Danika Dorakova at Blood on the Vine Tavern in Barovia, I couldn't accept the next quest, Straw Man, for negative 5 seconds. I didn't get a screenshot of it though. When it would've gotten to -6 seconds the quest became available. Was I supposed to timetravel backwards 5 seconds to get the quest?
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    > @minotaur2857 said:
    > Just attempted 'castle Ravenloft' quest. The first objective is to pick up the sunsword, but it can't be interacted with.
    >
    > Apparently some people have this problem, some don't. I teamed with somebody else who picked it up by clicking F on it without an interact cursor (which I couldn't do) and we then completed the quest.

I had to exit and restart.
    Which was more of an annoyance than anything.
    I just made sure I didn't die on the second attempt.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    BIG Heroic Encounter Sound Issue in Bravaria:
    Yester Hill is often loosing many AUDIO features during that Big Heroic Encounter. Similar to what happened in DragonFlight with often the BLUE Dragon and also been reported in Well of Dragons during Dragon Runs. I know some at Cryptic have seen this on their PC's but don't know if there any closer to discovering the issue... Often sometimes I still hear the music melody playing even after all other sound CUTS OUT but sometimes everything does.

-----
    MERCHANT MISERY Small Heroic Encounters in Bravaria:
    Often their is supposed to be 16 Scarecrow that spawn during one or two variations of save the Merchants Quest. The first 12 of the 16 spawn relatively fine - yet the last 4 then have like 1-2 minute GAP before they finally show up to the location and often players will leave wondering what's going on.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Note sure if this is BUG but I highly suspect it is. Not sure if others have REPORTED so I will state again.

[Sunsword Hilt] you get from a Pack of Lies Quest or Wolf Den Weekly Quest doesn't seem to reward if you in a party of 2-3 when you did the quest the first 1-2 times. As it seems only one person can loot the gold after saving the hostages. I did it again but it didn't reward... Now I fear my Wizard won't get the item which may be required for SunSet Weapons.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1241123/pack-of-lies-quest-missed-sunsword-hilt-if-done-in-party

@nitocris83

---

Update: I did this mission twice in a party, and never got the item, neither did another person I was with.

The only way I later managed to get it for my wizard was another in Guild had Pack of Lies... ...so we did Quest together till he could LOOT the gold pit... then used travel gate to exit and go back to town without aborting mission. Since he already had the Hilt - when we did the first mission "Pack of Lies" again, it again prompted to loot the gold, only this time I looted it. It appears you can repeat this step again for anyone who missed the item the first time while in party. But it needs to be the Pack of Lies Quest not the reoccuring Wolf Den mission.

Still scary if your missing an item you likely later need for SunSet weapons.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    Got a reply from support about one I reported earlier where trying to zone into Makos's camp at the start of SKT campaign crashed to desktop. They acknowledged this was one of several maps that had this issue, and because of the severity of the issue to expect it to be fairly well up the dev's priorities to fix.
  • Options
    banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    a guildie noticed that VIP benefits dont work when the vampire kit is active, cant replicate it, dont have it any more.
  • Options
    cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Runestead in SOMI still broken.
  • Options
    OK, possibly something to add to the final 4 ambushers being delayed. I arrive at a small HE, it's at 12/16. Wait 4 mins.

4 ambushers turn up, the counter increments to 15 and then disappears but the encounter doesn't finish.

A minute later 4 more turn up with no counter and we kill those and the HE ends.

Are ambushers turning up at the wrong HEs ?
  • Options
    csseccssec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

I would like to confirm the crash upon trying to enter Runestead, tried entering 3 times yesterday and just couldn't. Also I've crashed 10 times trying to enter the Morini (sp) crypts today.

Runestead is but one of the culprits, Port Nyanzaru and Soshenstar River mini instances allso crash on enter.
  • Options

chochlord said:

The game crashed when I entered Monini Crypts. Now I cannot use the character, the game crashes immediately when I log into the character. There is nothing helpful in the event logs. Please fix it, or provide a way to boot the character back to Neverdead or some other zone.

Did you try to log an alt and then the char in question? Or starting game in safe mode to log them in?
    Only way is to enter game with a alt or other char, not the affected one, change char again and then only enter with the affected char and hope it wont crash again, Safe mode and turning down graphics does not help!
  • Options
    fra7santo said:

barovia's quest "tracking the beast (repeteable)": I accepted the quest, I found the person with whom I had to talk and I started to fight him, then another player came and "helped" me to defeat the mob and, having him done more damage than me, the quest was not completed. The problem is that I can no longer talk with the character to be transformed into werewolf and defeat

hehe, try to do quests with a little DC or lower lvl geared alt, and if someone help you just dont get quests done.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Fun new bug in the queue system. If a someone changes toon before the entrance to Throne of Dwarwen Gods or Prophecy of Madness and is therefore removed from the team as per the new regime, then the remaining team will be stuck at the door unable to enter, constantly having the message "you must gather your party before venturing forth".

Seriously? Wtf people. Also with the "vote to abandon instance" only available once per four hours and the ability to initiate said vote even when on cooldown being restricted to 15 minutes spend the instance I've just wasted 45 minutes waiting around for "vote to abandon" being initiated. And if no one had it available then one of us would have had to take an account wide half hour ban.

This needs to be fixed asap. And the cooldown timer on needs to be cut down severely, and so does the timer for time spend in instance before votes are possible.
    With the changes to the queue system you've gone and made a bad problem infinitely worse.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you to everyone for their reports! I will be closing the thread in a couple days to allow for any final reports. Once the thread is closed, please use the regular bug subforum. We will be providing updates on issues as best as possible.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Still getting random sudden disconnects in Barovia, without even "server not responding", just bam - out.

Nvm, looks like the whole server crashed.
  • Options
    dahlyiadahlyia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The game crashed at least 6 times while trying to get into the Monini Crypts and the last time my character was stuck. It makes completion of the zone hard when you can't do the quest. A fix would be nice! =)

• Options
    brimstonesixbrimstonesix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    chochlord said:

> @poisoncloud said:

>

Also can't get into Stormking same gig when you try to go to Markos,s camp and the Icewindale missions not even showing with Knox.
    Plus I have a char stuck on the Monini ( Dragon attack) mission as well.

If you switch char and wait a bit you should be clear and back at the gate for Monini, just don't go back into it again cuz you will crash again

• Options
    Hey @nitocris83 , any chance of an "official summary" of which bugs have been added to the Dev bug tracker/known issues list?

@noworries#8859 said a few hours ago that sometimes reports are lost (and that's not a knock on you, there's a FIREHOSE of reports across all the various channels), so it would be nice to know what got caught/confirmed and what needs to be reported again if it's still broken after the next patch.
  • Options
    jwatt0918jwatt0918 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have had issues crashing when going into Makos camp for the bryn shandar festival. I submitted a crash report and have senn others having the issues. Just wanted to leave this here for what it is worth.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

Two fairly minor issues I dont think have been mentioned.

1) The HUD has been reset on all of my characters. Bit annoying.

2) The scourge warlock tab speed movement is very shaky looking. I dont like it and want it back to normal.

I've found that the shadow slip on SW has been shaky, I haven't tried it outside of Barovia, so not sure if it is just there or if it's everywhere.

Also, the last cutscene in the campaign quest "Castle Ravenloft" the whole screen was shaking almost constantly. I felt like I was back in Chult, with Rex's running around shaking up the scenery.

But, I'm really enjoying this new mod. It is fantastic and so much fun. Great work guys.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    as requested, here is a summary of bugs my team reported to Cryptic:
    (please note there are not all bugs on this list, and we cannot communicate about everything)

Barovia Hunts
    - If a member of the group is disconnected, other players will not receive any reward.
    - 5 locations are never used
    - 2 locations are misplaced
    - Some players cannot launch a hunt, even if they have Wanted Posters

- Heroic Encounter "Martikov merchants"
    - Throne of the Dwarven Gods (Undead Thoon Hulk)
    - Barovia Instances
    - Nemilos (two-star hunt) cause the same issue as Yuan-ti and can stuck players
    - Sunsword - If players are in a group, only one player can click on the pile of gold, so only one player of the group can receive the Sunsword Hilt.
    - Blinsky Doll quest - Some players are unable to complete the quest
    - CoDG - Atropal is moving (should be fixed with the next maintenance)
    - ToNG - issues with AoE from Orcus and Ras Nsi
    - Brutal & Savage Enchantments on companions
    - Master Demogorgon: Legendary Dragon Key is used instead of Greater Demonic Key
    - Demogorgon - Goristro is not moving
    - Salvaged Gear Pack (tooltip updated in English, but should be updated asap for EU)
    - Sword Coast Chronicles - display issue "claim reward"
    - Enlightened Insignia of Skill confers Action Point Gain instead of Combat Advantage Bonus.
    [...]

Thanks again for your help!
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    That's amazing, thank you.

Two I reported that weren't on your list:

* Insignias of Prosperity aren't working for XP bonus and *I think* they're not working for Gold Bonus either.
    * The "random tarokka card pack" items from the Vistani Merchant don't actually give cards. The weekly "random unique card" pack appears to work, but the unlimited "random card" doesn't actually put the displayed card into your deck.
This discussion has been closed.