test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

White Owlbear mount (BoE) suddenly BoC in personal bank.

nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
I was able to redeem multiple White Owlbear mounts from zen charge promo.

They were all BoE, I noticed them now in my personal bank bound (character)

Please fix.

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I'd log a SUPPORT ticket via the link above so they can investigate and/or fix-explain what has occurred. <3
  • Options
    Hi @kreatyve ,

Not sure i understand the bound status changes because this was a zen promo back in Nov 2016 and it stated in the event the White Owlbear is not bound, while the other prizes was BoA. Months ago I was able to give two White Owlbear away as prizes for Alliance events and posted a few on the AH. If there was a patch note to made it BoC/BoA, I would have been very aware. Can you reference for me that information?

At the moment i have one toon with 4 bound (character) White Owlbear and one toon with 2 bound (character) White Owlbear.

I would like to make use of these White Owlbear very much, instead of discarding them.

• Options
    Update: Weeks ago I donated a White Owlbear mount to my Guild Bank, I just went to withdraw it and the status is now Bound (Account).

I am not satisfied with the Bound (Account) but at least i can give it to a potential new character one day.

Then it is bug that my "one toon with 4 bound (character) White Owlbear and one toon with 2 bound (character) White Owlbear." should be bound (Account).

One of my major concern now is I support this game with multiple zen charges base on the event description (for example Nov2016 zen charge promo, how i got the BoE White Owlbears), then the dev team went and change it after the event is over. How are we suppose to trust future zen charge promos and have confident.

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    nic1985 said:

Hi @kreatyve ,

Not sure i understand the bound status changes because this was a zen promo back in Nov 2016 and it stated in the event the White Owlbear is not bound, while the other prizes was BoA. Months ago I was able to give two White Owlbear away as prizes for Alliance events and posted a few on the AH. If there was a patch note to made it BoC/BoA, I would have been very aware. Can you reference for me that information?

At the moment i have one toon with 4 bound (character) White Owlbear and one toon with 2 bound (character) White Owlbear.

I would like to make use of these White Owlbear very much, instead of discarding them.

The only information I have is what @miasmat posted. He may be able to share more information on it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @kreatyve
    Here is the promo post about the Zen charge bonus and the white owlbear.
    But for ease of reference this is the relevant part:
    Each item is Bound on Account except for the White Owlbear.

So this item started out unbound, but is now BoA?

I didn't participate in this and don't have the owlbear (nor do I want it) but the principle sure as hell makes me wary of participating in anything like this in the future as I won't know when or if the status on the rewards might change.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @nic1985 ! This is a matter that CS is better equipped to handle. If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to support with your case.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 Thank you for your response.

I have already been in multiple correspondents with CS, they will not change the six White Owlbear mounts i have Bound (Character), these mount have been in my personal bank since Nov 2016, at the time of zen promo redemption. I was hoping they would make it Bound (Account) so i can at least use the mounts on my other/future characters.

Here are their exact words:

"We often pass along player suggestions to the developers for their review so that QA team and developer might be aware of your concern, but we also encourage you to post your ideas on the official game forums so you can discuss them with other members of the community."

I am still in great hope that the six White Owlbear mounts I have will be unbound or at least be bound (account). Discarding them would be very unfortunate because I did multiple zen charges for these mounts base on the zen charge promotion advertisement.

• Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I would like to revive this topic since I just noticed this injustice. I am also stuck with a BtC item on an alt I don't play at all. It is my mule for stuff I have no room on other characters. You can call it a banking character. Has no function except to hold my goods.

I would also like to point one more note from the News page for this promotion:
    White Owlbear – The owlbear, a cross between an owl and a bear. Few brave people have tamed these former predators of the Feywild. The White Owlbear is Bind on Equip!
    So I would urge you @nitocris83 to look into this matter and make the company look good in the eyes of its investors.
    I also opened up a ticket and I expect the company to hold true to its word.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    This is a real issue. If this does not get fixed promptly, it will seriously discourage people to spend money on Zen promos. People may have spent real $$$ on Zen, partly because of the promo items.

Or to be blunt:

If you promise people one thing, and change it after getting paid for it it is outright fraud. If we cannot trust your promises, you do not deserve our money.

I strongly suggest you fix this - otherwise I suspect there will be public calls for a boycott of the next Zen charge event.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    As a player who has spent a lot of money durring mount promos before, this sort of change makes me nervous. I also sometimes buy up promo mounts to resell later. While I'm not personally affected by the owlbear promo, changing the bind status of an item that costs real money after the fact is basically fraud and completly unacceptable.

Here is the link to the charge promo, it specifically states in the promo that the owlbear is bind on equip: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10282283-bonus-rewards-when-charging-zen!

This is not a good precedent to set if you want me and others like me to spend money on the game in the future. I was thinking about dropping a payment in the summer next time I see a promo or good sale but now I will probably just grind for AD to transfer in game and not pay a dime.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    kreatyve said:

The item was incorrectly released as Bind on Equip. The dev team changed it to Bind on Pickup so people wouldn't flood the market with them since it comes from a reclaimable promo. The tooltip should have said "Binds on Pickup" while the first character had it. @miasmat explained this on his wall when someone asked him about it there.

@miasmat

If the goal was to keep people from flooding the market with this mount, why didn't other mounts from that same promo get their bind status changed? I just logged into the game to check the AH for ice panthers and there is still one on the AH for sale right now. There used to be tons of these in circulation.

Here is the ice panther I saw posted today: https://i.imgur.com/wHsqgaO.jpg

It says in two places in the promo article that the owlbear is bind on equip. In one of those spots it says "Each item is Bound on Account except for the White Owlbear.". The ice panther was BOE instead of BOA unlike the advertisted statement but received no crackdown while the owlbear that had a clear statement saying it would be BOE got a crackdown that changed its bind status to something not advertised (BOC). It makes no sense and since people payed real world money for both mounts, neither of them should have their bind status changed after the fact.

If there was some other issue at work that spurred this dicision it needs to be handled in a more appropriate way.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

The item was incorrectly released as Bind on Equip. The dev team changed it to Bind on Pickup so people wouldn't flood the market with them since it comes from a reclaimable promo. The tooltip should have said "Binds on Pickup" while the first character had it. @miasmat explained this on his wall when someone asked him about it there.

adinosii said:

This is a real issue. If this does not get fixed promptly, it will seriously discourage people to spend money on Zen promos. People may have spent real $$$ on Zen, partly because of the promo items.

Or to be blunt:

If you promise people one thing, and change it after getting paid for it it is outright fraud. If we cannot trust your promises, you do not deserve our money.

I strongly suggest you fix this - otherwise I suspect there will be public calls for a boycott of the next Zen charge event.
    QFT, I have one bound character on a character for whom it is completely useless (I knew a friend of mine was coming back to the game eventually and wanted to give it to him, then when he did found I couldn't), it was a KEY decision maker on me chosing to spend the money. I feel utterly let down and defrauded, and it's not the first time stuff like this has been pulled. It kills confidence in the game.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    We're coming up with a good solution to this. A couple key people have been sick the few days, so our response has been more delayed than we like. Please be patient for another day or so while we get all the details worked out.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    My standard response again applies here: Waaay too many items are bound (to account and particularly to character)...

If some people claim promo items and post a lot of them on the Auction House, good for the buyer as the prices tend to go down significantly - not so good for the seller as they aren't able to charge outlandish Auction House prices for whatever they post...

So what if the Auction House becomes flooded with a particular item? "Economically" (game economics) from the supply side, as prices go down there is less incentive for people to obtain and post those items since they often don't get sufficient return for their effort. From the consumer side, it is a rare occurrence that makes playing the game and keeping an eye on the Auction House absolutely worth it.

Another point I've previously brought up is if an item is released, whether it be bound to character, account or not bound,
    it should never be changed.

If Cryptic makes a mistake with one of their promo items - suck it up, write it off as a lesson learned and try not to make the same mistake the next time...

If anything is released as unbound - keep it unbound, don't suddenly decide to change the status - for any reason...
    A specific item can be discontinued and a substitute item can replace it, - even if it is exactly the same but with a different name - but to present or promote an item as one thing and for whatever reason decide to change the status of an item to something it was never offered or promoted as later and I've already been burned on that aspect a few times.

Speaking only for myself, I am much more hesitant to spend money to purchase anything from PWE or Cryptic, or even sign up for promotional offers because there have been more than a few examples of someone deciding to change what was promoted or purchased to something different often because someone "made a mistake" or there was a change of heart about how the item is supposed to be used...

By no fault of the person who bought or obtained the item in good faith, but none the less, they are the ones expected to suffer the consequences without complaint for a mistake or change someone associated with the game makes.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    If it is too good to be true, it probably is not true :)

It should be obvious that you cannot have an item like that be both reclaimable and BoE.
  • Options
    Glad the devs are working toward a solution! Hoping I can use the Owlbear as a reward for an upcoming Alliance event.

@mentinmindmaker Not reclaimable indefinite if that is what you meant. The Owlbear mount and other items in the Nov 2016 promo can be reclaimable as long as you have enough Arc Points from purchasing Zen with real money, Arc points expired at the end of the event.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

If it is too good to be true, it probably is not true :)

It should be obvious that you cannot have an item like that be both reclaimable and BoE.

It wasn't reclaimable, you could just buy more than one if you bought enough zen