test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen backlog

Fix your HAMSTER backlog 14m for HAMSTER sake cancer economy in pc...why the hell in consoles there is no backlog WTF !!!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Fix your HAMSTER backlog 14m for HAMSTER sake cancer economy in pc...why the hell in consoles there is no backlog WTF !!!

You don't understand how this works. There is nothing to fix. Zen exchange is controlled by players and is governed by them (or us) spending money to buy Zen and then to buy AD (group A) and spending AD to buy Zen (group B ).

Whenever group B is higher than group A, there is a backlog. The bigger the group B, the bigger the backlog.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • frodnikk#4257 frodnikk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    And why that difference? pc version is kinda dead from the spending customers then...gg
    edited May 2018

And why that difference? pc version is kinda dead from the spending customers then...gg

You may be right. We have more people knowing how to make AD effectively than console players. You will get your Zen. You just need to wait. 14 million back log probably needs 14 days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2018
    It is already relatively short wait if I compared this with between mod 3 to mod 6. That easily needed 3 months. Getting Zen was a 12 months preparation project.
  • sinarrsinarr Member Posts: 16 Arc User

You don't understand how this works. There is nothing to fix. Zen exchange is controlled by players and is governed by them (or us) spending money to buy Zen and then to buy AD (group A) and spending AD to buy Zen (group B ).

Whenever group B is higher than group A, there is a backlog. The bigger the group B, the bigger the backlog.
    Thats just it , its not all in our hands right.. with a hard limit of 500 to 1 that is.... I can tell you , I value 1 mil AD at roughly 10$, just my personal value... if it where that ratio I would be buying Zen to then buy AD weekly . I understand changing the ratio would affect the whole economy prices may go up etc...I just don't see 500,000 ad worth 10$ in zen
    edited May 2018

Because the consoles never had the early glitches that allowed some players huge stacks of astral diamonds, with which they wrecked the economy. Look up Caturday.
    If you are talking about Caturday, the server was rolled back 7 hours to undo that effect. It is also 5 years ago. Whatever AD earned (if any escaped the roll back) would be exchanged to Zen long time ago. In addition, many players since left the game long time ago. After mod 6, the exchange ratio was dropped to 300 level. Whatever effect (if any) from Caturday was absorbed.
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Its a constant circle, during the last Zen-Charge 3 weeks ago event the backlog dropped from 12.5Mill to 8.6Mill. Also double resources just ended and a lot of people make AD/Zen by just selling profession resources. Just like last year - the backlog will drop to 0 during summer charge event (6 weeks on going already in calendar) - go up to 12 Mill again until Black Friday and then drop to 0 again during winter charge event. Nothing unusal here.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    When the exchange rate was constantly less than 1:500, it was possible to make a significant amount of AD from predictable swings in the exchange rate - the daily swings as well as the "weekend" one.

Nowadays, well, it is very rare for the backlog to disappear, but it is just controlled by supply and demand, and personally I prefer the 1:500 ceiling we have to the, what.. . 1:1000 ceiling on the Russian server.

Removing (or raising) the ceiling would get rid of the backlog, but it would cause many F2P players to leave in disgust, and the game might not survive such a drop in the population.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Right now we have also circle effect - a lot of players queue for zen because with such huge backlog zen items are way more expensive. You can buy coalescent wards for 425k with voucher and sell it for 590k (last night price at AH). So the higher backlog the more people want zen and queue for it..and people who buy zen don't transfer it to AD (so they don't decrease queue) but buy items on zen store for sale.

Zen sale that will happen around June will probably clear whole queue.. but for time being we need to wait.

(And no, from my understanding of NW economy PC economy isn't affected by previous exploits that much like some think..I know few NW billionares and no one gained that using exploits. Just simply waiting for 40-50% sale double your AD twice a year)
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Simply put, the Zax works on supply and demand. I am not seeking zen or buying it for cash at present. Players like myself are not influencing the Zax at all. However, all it takes is 14 players with 1 million AD to flood the exchange asking for zen and you have your backlog. The only way for Cryptic to "fix" it as the original poster demanded, would be for them to "take it on the chin" and purchase the backlog themselves. This would mean 28,000 zen just tossed into the streets. There is a valid reason for this back log. The economy is event driven. Protectors Jubilee and Summer Festival, among other events mods arriving with new items will drive the demand for zen up. The typical "whale" (players with deep wallets) will not be buying in the summer, but start in the Fall in anticipation for Black Friday sales. After New Years they will drive the backlog down selling off excess zen from over spending. If you had been in this long enough you begin to spot market trends. The backlog doesn't prevent you from buying zen for cash or trading AD for zen. As a rule of thumb, roughly 1 million AD is consumed per day. The Zax works on a que system and the longer your AD remains in que the sooner you will get the zen.
    wb-cenders.gif

Simply put, the Zax works on supply and demand. I am not seeking zen or buying it for cash at present. Players like myself are not influencing the Zax at all. However, all it takes is 14 players with 1 million AD to flood the exchange asking for zen and you have your backlog. The only way for Cryptic to "fix" it as the original poster demanded, would be for them to "take it on the chin" and purchase the backlog themselves. This would mean 28,000 zen just tossed into the streets. There is a valid reason for this back log. The economy is event driven. Protectors Jubilee and Summer Festival, among other events mods arriving with new items will drive the demand for zen up. The typical "whale" (players with deep wallets) will not be buying in the summer, but start in the Fall in anticipation for Black Friday sales. After New Years they will drive the backlog down selling off excess zen from over spending. If you had been in this long enough you begin to spot market trends. The backlog doesn't prevent you from buying zen for cash or trading AD for zen. As a rule of thumb, roughly 1 million AD is consumed per day. The Zax works on a que system and the longer your AD remains in que the sooner you will get the zen.

The backlog is 14 million Zen and not 14 millions AD.
    You need 14 players with 500 million AD each or 7000 players with 1 million AD each.

You need 14 players with 500 million AD each or 7000 players with 1 million AD each.

Sorry, thanks for that, math skills has not kicked in yet, early morning and pain meds for my broken ankle don't help. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    As muminekm pointed out the value of Zen is far higher than 500:1. Why would anyone spend $$ and convert it at 500:1 when they can simply buy things from the Zen market with a fast flip rate and make 620:1 or more if they use a coupon.

The higher the backlog gets the higher value Zen has which diminishes the attraction of converting Zen into AD using the ZAX. This in turn causes the backlog to increase higher furthering the gap and increasing the ratio. The cycle continues.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Another issue is that there's not really anything in the game worth getting that you can only get with AD. It's kinda weird that there's not been done anything about that. STO had a similar problem with its dilithium exchange (that game's version of AD) which was spiraling out of control. One of the things done to curb the rise in dil to Zen was to put thing in the game that's worthwhile to get, but can only be bought with dil.
    For one thing that meant putting a sizable chunk into the dil surplus STO was suffering from, it happened alongside a nerf in the ability to accumulate dil. And to have people be willing to exchange zen for dil, since grinding and refining the dil would take ages and many of these things are confined to short event periods.

So I'm frankly baffled that nothing similar is being attempted in Neverwinter.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    ilithyn said:

Another issue is that there's not really anything in the game worth getting that you can only get with AD. It's kinda weird that there's not been done anything about that. STO had a similar problem with its dilithium exchange (that game's version of AD) which was spiraling out of control. One of the things done to curb the rise in dil to Zen was to put thing in the game that's worthwhile to get, but can only be bought with dil.
    For one thing that meant putting a sizable chunk into the dil surplus STO was suffering from, it happened alongside a nerf in the ability to accumulate dil. And to have people be willing to exchange zen for dil, since grinding and refining the dil would take ages and many of these things are confined to short event periods.

GMOP, SMOP for trophy.
    RP too because the price of RP from Zen store is bad.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

To be fair, the "nerf" to the ability to accumulate Dil was really a nerf to the ability to accumulate Dil on *mule toons that you didn't play*. On toons you *do* play it's easier than ever to make your daily Dil limit with doffs and Admiralty. You just can't do that 50 times a day on level 4 characters any more. Getting a good doff/admiralty farm going takes time, effort, and Zen.

(For people who don't know what we're talking about: Imagine if the Leadership profession had a rank 2 task that gave 8000 rough astral diamonds, that cycled every 4 hours, that required a "rare" material that characters with a high Leadership could produce in great numbers for zero cost, that was unbound and could be mailed to alts, banked, or sold on the auction house. That was the "turn over confiscated Contraband" task in STO. The single fastest way to make Dilithium in the game was to cycle a bunch of low-level alts and run back and forth between the bank and mailbox (to take Contraband from your other toons) and the security office (to grab the "turn over" task and feed it some Contraband) then repeat every 4 hours.

It's also worth noting that
    1) 1 Dil is about 4 AD, in terms of the ability to refine it. So when you spend 1 Zen to buy 250 Dil, that's like spending 1 Zen to buy 1000 AD. So even though the Zen Exchange in STO isn't at the 500-1 cap, the effective price limit is much higher.
    2) The Auction House in STO runs on *Gold*, not AD.

Sorry, thanks for that, math skills has not kicked in yet, early morning and pain meds for my broken ankle don't help.
    Sorry about your ankle. I hope you will recover soon. Take care.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

ilithyn said:

To be fair, the "nerf" to the ability to accumulate Dil was really a nerf to the ability to accumulate Dil on *mule toons that you didn't play*. On toons you *do* play it's easier than ever to make your daily Dil limit with doffs and Admiralty. You just can't do that 50 times a day on level 4 characters any more. Getting a good doff/admiralty farm going takes time, effort, and Zen.

(For people who don't know what we're talking about: Imagine if the Leadership profession had a rank 2 task that gave 8000 rough astral diamonds, that cycled every 4 hours, that required a "rare" material that characters with a high Leadership could produce in great numbers for zero cost, that was unbound and could be mailed to alts, banked, or sold on the auction house. That was the "turn over confiscated Contraband" task in STO. The single fastest way to make Dilithium in the game was to cycle a bunch of low-level alts and run back and forth between the bank and mailbox (to take Contraband from your other toons) and the security office (to grab the "turn over" task and feed it some Contraband) then repeat every 4 hours.

It's also worth noting that
    1) 1 Dil is about 4 AD, in terms of the ability to refine it. So when you spend 1 Zen to buy 250 Dil, that's like spending 1 Zen to buy 1000 AD. So even though the Zen Exchange in STO isn't at the 500-1 cap, the effective price limit is much higher.
    2) The Auction House in STO runs on *Gold*, not AD.
    Oh I didn't mean that there weren't differences, that's why I said "something similar" (what I meant to say, why did I say nothing? I need coffee).
    For all the reasons you mentioned and then some - like the fact that the must have item is about upgrading equipment and the upgrade system is so vastly different - the system can't be blindly copy/pasted for use in Neverwinter.
    Yes the AH here uses "dil" but it doesn't seem to be enough of a sink to curb the problem. Though I think it's one of the reasons why we're still seeing an exchange between AD and Zen, people who want expensive stuff on there.

Hmmm, you know. Something just struck me. The most recent hike in the Zax backlog happened when the prizes in lockbox, which are often sold on the exchange, got a nerf.
    Yes other things happened at the same time - Arc games getting removed and that thing with AD overload from leveling - but I've never seen mentioned, nor considered myself until now, that the fact that there was suddenly a lot less interesting new stuff to buy on the AH (i.e. fewer new - and old - good lockbox stuff) might have contributed as well.
    If so, it looks like the current regime for lockbox prizes was very much the wrong way to go. And not just because the people who open them gets pissed.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User

ilithyn said:

GMOP, SMOP for trophy.
    Yes true, the problem is that the usage of GMOPS, SMOPS,, UMOPS and RP is gated behind wards and the only viable way to get enough wards for your needs is through the ZEN store.
    A fairly active player that knows it's way around the game can generate enough AD to buy all this, but then it still needs wards to make use of it.

I cannot say for certain, but I'm pretty sure the problem is not that players dont buy ZEN, is just that players who buy ZEN don't exchange it for AD but end up using it directly in the ZEN store to buy wards.
    This is because as some other people already mentioned it, character progression at the moment is heavily gated by wards and not by stuff u can get just by playing.

I find myself in this place, have a decent amount of AD and RP flowing in, but then I need ZEN for wards, and with this last bump to the maximum rank of enchantments, the usage of these is really high.
    I get the majority of my wards from the celestial chests. Having 8 characters who invoke gives me (on average) 2 tokens per day ever 5½ days another chest arrives. Also I do buy my wards in the AH as 8 characters tend to accumulate AD without much effort. I know it would be slightly cheaper to convert zen and use a 15% off anything coupon, but I support players who play the market, as I also "wheel and deal" in the market as well.

I haven't bought any VIP since this mod 13 lock box is what it is and now they added the Adventurer Packs to the Glorious Resurgence. :P It will be forever before the market saturation goes away. This pack lowers the prices on Epic Keys, Health Stones, and Life Scrolls. I guess you can buy them cheap and hope the packs will be gone by Christmas?
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited May 2018

ilithyn said:

GMOP, SMOP for trophy.
    Yes this is true, the problem is that GMOP, SMOP, UMOP and RP usage is gated by the need of wards.
    Any fairly active player that knows it's way around the game can generate enough AD to buy all this, but then to make usage of said stuff you will still need wards (pres and coals) and you can't get the necessary ammounts just by playing, you need ZEN.

I don't think the problem is that there are not enough players buying ZEN, but those that buy ZEN don't exchange it into AD but just buy stuff from the ZEN store.

As some other people already mentioned, as it stands, character progression is heavily gated behind the need of wards and not by stuff that you can aquire (grind) in game just by playing. This problem escalated a lot with the last bump to the enchantments rank, people are going through these (wards) like candy.

I find myself in this spot, I can generate enough AD and RP to meet my refining needs, but then I halt because I have no ZEN to buy wards...

So I totaly agree with ilithyn, "there's not really anything in the game worth getting that you can only get with AD".
    Yes there is stuff you can only get with AD, but the amount of AD one can generate is more then enough to get all that in a timely fashion.

You can get p-ward and c-ward by playing. I have been doing that. It does need planning.
    Yes, I do buy p-ward and c-ward from Zen store as 'reserves' when there is a big discount Zen store sales but I have not finished the account/character bound p-ward and c-ward to reach the stash of unbound p-ward/c-ward.

In addition, IMO, 14 million (or even 20 million) backlog is really nothing. It is not something I worry about. I have been buying Zen and I am getting Zen.

The GMOP/SMOP I mentioned above was not meant to be used for upgrade (that would be destroyed and need ward) but meant to be used as a "currency" (that is passed around to different player) to buy trophies.
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    For those calling for useful aka critical items in the Zen store, we will then have to deal with others crying that it is pay to play. I think they tried something similar in the past and there were a lot of grieving and people threatening to (and did) leave. For what it's worth, I feel what we have now is a great balance. It just means that if you don't want to spend real money, you give up the convenience of instant gratification or you have to plan ahead. Or pay a little extra on the AH, ie 600k for c-ward instead of 450k equivalent in zen store with coupon. Right now, what real money provides you in this game is instant gratification which is a small price to give up to not have to spend real money.

It is sort of like flying. Pay more money to fly first class and get on the plane ahead of every etc... While economy people slowly wait for their turn. But we can all get to our destination eventually.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    My observation about the STO AH was more meant that there's no way to *get* large amounts of Dilithium in a hurry without spending Zen on the Zen/Dil exchange. In Neverwinter, you turn Zen into Zen store items or lockbox keys and then turn those into AD on the auction house, enabling you to both make WAY more AD than you could refine in months if you hit a jackpot *and* to often get more AD per Zen than the Zen/AD Exchange allows. In STO, Zen store items and lockbox drops can only be converted into plain currency, not prestige/refined/limited currency. If your fleet needs 800,000 Dilithium for a Starbase upgrade, that's 1000 toon*days of refining or a bunch of zen for sale, you can't make that with a lucky lockbox drop.
  • icy#2472 icy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have thought for a long time that the 500 AD cap should be lifted and let the economy decide how much ZEN is worth.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Well, backlog is now at 15k and still rising. If the imbalance between Zen and AD is too big, it could go on forever :)

The basic problem is that there is too much AD available for buying Zen.

This can be remedied two ways:
    * Reduce overall AD generation.
    * Give AD more value so it is spent as AD and not converted to Zen

My suggestion for reducing AD generation without hurting the normal player too much would be aggressively combating the bots. The bots in RQ must be generating significant amounts of AD.

To make people spend we need something that has game value, and that can be upgraded repeatedly for big AD. Exactly what is hard to say.. you would not want the game to go pay to win either. We definitely needs to have some AD drained from the game.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    And how are they to differentiate a bot from a regular player?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

Well, backlog is now at 15k and still rising. If the imbalance between Zen and AD is too big, it could go on forever :)

The basic problem is that there is too much AD available for buying Zen.

This can be remedied two ways:
    * Reduce overall AD generation.
    * Give AD more value so it is spent as AD and not converted to Zen

My suggestion for reducing AD generation without hurting the normal player too much would be aggressively combating the bots. The bots in RQ must be generating significant amounts of AD.

To make people spend we need something that has game value, and that can be upgraded repeatedly for big AD. Exactly what is hard to say.. you would not want the game to go pay to win either. We definitely needs to have some AD drained from the game.

what do you exactly mean by botting RQ ? i mean the player still has to be behind the screen to play no ? IF yes then you can't really call them a bot since they are using thier time to generate currency so calling them a bot is more of an insult but IF NO and they are doing the HAMSTER automaticly then yes i'm with combatting this :D not sure what everyone's opinion is