What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen backlog

124»

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    And yet I've seen new players, low level, ask how to make AD. The responses they got weren't anywhere near "make a bunch of alts." It was along the lines of "run a random dungeon/skirmish" and "post any blue gear you aren't going to use in the AH."
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    greywynd said:

And yet I've seen new players, low level, ask how to make AD. The responses they got weren't anywhere near "make a bunch of alts." It was along the lines of "run a random dungeon/skirmish" and "post any blue gear you aren't going to use in the AH."

That's exactly my point, new players are disadvantaged. Even when they ask they aren't going to be able to compete with those abusing the system. Besides, some things already scale by level, like invoke rewards. People already are rewarded based on their level.

My reply was already too long and no one wants to read all that, and it takes even more to explain. And everyone can disagree base on their personal perspective/reasons. Hopefully, the upcoming account based changes are enough to fix the issue.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    The new system levels the playing field. Everyone has the same earning potential (or limit, if you are a glass half empty person). The only thing disadvantaging the new player is knowledge of how to earn the AD efficiently and not being able to use advanced queue. But they will get there once they get their easy primal gear.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

You forgot, "buy low, sell high!"
  • Options
    arawn#6404 arawn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello, I have a Zen related question (and I my account being one day old I cannot make a new thread). If I purchase Zen for the first time will I be able to use zone chat in game?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

Hello, I have a Zen related question (and I my account being one day old I cannot make a new thread). If I purchase Zen for the first time will I be able to use zone chat in game?

No. You need to reach certain level and do some quest before you have zone chat. Sorry.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I was under the impression that an actual cash purchase (not ZAX) would bypass the limitations...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***