test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omu trophies low drop rate?

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited March 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Killed 2 dozen hunt marks without a drop... am I missing something here? Other than the Rex which always drops anyways, I haven't gotten a single Omu trophy.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I've gotten 2.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Not saying it's broken. Just wondering about drop rate. Do I need open the left side first? I thought that was to unlock lures at merchant, not trophy drops. I don't think I needed to do that in Soshenstar.

How many kills to get the 2?
    Well, I got 100 idols and opened the first hunt on the left. Killed 6 marks so far and still nothing. Must be very low rate or I'm missing something else.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I have whacked about 30 hunt marks, (Will-o-Wisps, Rotting bears etc) and not a single drop so far.
  • anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Am up to 60 kills, one drop.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Looks like standard NWO RNG so far. I've taken two characters into Omu and just worked on getting them up to the weekly currency cap with no attempt at looking for hunt marks and I've had three different ones drop. I don't even know what the rare creatures are that I'm supposed to be looking for, apart from the new type of T-Rex. So when I take my remaining two in to Omu, they probably wont see any and will have to take down a new T-Rex for the weekly quest.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Looks like standard NWO RNG so far. I've taken two characters into Omu and just worked on getting them up to the weekly currency cap with no attempt at looking for hunt marks and I've had three different ones drop. I don't even know what the rare creatures are that I'm supposed to be looking for, apart from the new type of T-Rex. So when I take my remaining two in to Omu, they probably wont see any and will have to take down a new T-Rex for the weekly quest.

This quoted for truth. Its just the usual crappy Neverwinter very very low drop rate
    Ok, thanks for the replies. At least I now know it is just low drop rate and not that I missed something (I rarely read quest text).
    Well, after 5 hours of farming, I finally got one. Not from the rotting bears that I've been mostly killing, but from a mage breaker. So now I have 1 trophy and lots of rex spines. When I see a Rex now, I don't even want to bother to kill it :)
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Same as many above. I've had better RNG drops against smilidons and eotyrannus in Soshenstar when compared Omu. I do like that they're denoted by the hunt emblem and seem to spawn fairly frequently, at least to me anyways, they just don't drop anything. :( Thankfully they're not in pairs like they were in Soshenstar so it seems a bit easier.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    In 2 days I have gotten 4 bear paws, 2 jarred wisps and 1 recluse venom, and 15 spines. So very low drop rate, yes.
    edited March 2018
    Something really strange here. I just got another trophy from a magebreaker - back to back from the previous one. Also got 2 drops from Mindwhisperers (7 kills). On other other hand, I haven't gotten single drop from rotting bears, after killing about 50.
    edited March 2018
    I think I figured it out. When bear first spawns, it's a baby, therefore not worthy of trophy. You have to wait for it to grow. For magebreakers, they're level 1 noobs when they spawn - fresh out of mage breaking school. You have to wait for him to level up. But no guarantee you get a trophy. Magebreaker could be ugly. You don't want to hang an ugly face on the wall.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    After an hour of working on it we received 4 hunt mark items. 1 from the Wisp, 1 from Cutlass and 2 from the magebreakers. Much better than the first time we ran through.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    Well the rare mobs spawn as individuals instead of pairs so if the drop rate is the same as before it’s actually 1/2 because you only get 1 chance instead of 2 at that rng for each spawn.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I've had 2 drops from the bears, second hunt dropped the Kuno armour and a hoary paw, so just crappy rng as per usual. Perservere till rngesus smiles upon thee.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

Ok, thanks for the replies. At least I now know it is just low drop rate and not that I missed something (I rarely read quest text).

Remember, there is a large glut of people in the new content, so the 'hits' are being distributed across a lot more people/play-hrs. When things quite down, you may notice that it 'seems' to get better.

edited March 2018
    litaaers said:

Remember, there is a large glut of people in the new content, so the 'hits' are being distributed across a lot more people/play-hrs. When things quite down, you may notice that it 'seems' to get better.

I was wondering about that. That is, whether there is a limit of how many can drop within a certain period of time.
    jonkoca said:

I've had 2 drops from the bears, second hunt dropped the Kuno armour and a hoary paw, so just crappy rng as per usual. Perservere till rngesus smiles upon thee.

Thanks. The drops eventually did come and the difference was dramatic. I got 5 bear claws in the next 3.5 hrs (plus 3 from magebreakers), as opposed to the 0 in 5 hrs previously. There seemed to be less people farming during that time. I found an instance where I rarely saw another player during the entire time. That seems to support what litaaers said about drops.

I don't believe it has to do with a throttle on drops-per-min/hr.

I think of it like this:
    Imagine if you were the only person on the server and you are killing 4 things/min. So, in 60 mins, your 1 character gets 240 chances at 0.01%/0.001%/0.00000001 (?) per attempt to get said drop.

If ten people are playing at that same rate, the successes will still be 0.0x%, but there are now 10 buckets that they can occur in, which means they could bunch up and 1 person could get them all, or someone could be the only one to get none, and they would believe they drop rate is 0% (or super rare).
    r000kie said:

litaaers said:

That would imply a controlled amount of drops (aka, let say 100 drops for each rare, each day). That is not RNG anymore.
    litaaers said:

but there are now 10 buckets that they can occur in

Which is not how random drops should work. Chances are per individual action, not globally

Not to argue, but that is what I am saying. If you could look at ALL the 'rolls' for the entire server, you would probably see something that appoximates the advertised rates. But since one person can only look at the ones for their chars, what that person sees may not *seem* like it close to the rates. The rate IS per action, but your sample is limited to what you can see.

Hope that makes sense.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    not had a single drop since mod 13 launch ... ad to that the cw nerf and i can see why people are quiting in mod 13
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Star montster appear more often but the drop rate is more abysmal, nice turn around Cryptic

Not even mentioning stealers wandering around and not killing a single group while destroying your farming route lmao
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    hi all in the lost of city omu the drop rate are derceased drastically ? i try get a dagger from nightmare speaker but after kill 9 of them give me nothing 0 daggers 9 ! i spend 4 hour for nothing how many rare monsters i should kill for at least grant 1 trophie or its just the drop for some mosnters rare worst than others ?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    So, when I am wandering through Omu (and Soshenstar River for that matter), if I stumble onto a rare monster, I am supposed to leave it for the possible people who are farming them?