test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod12b PvE DpS CW Build Guide

Comments

• devlindragonsdevlindragons Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    And why do you recommend pumping 2 points Elemental Empowerment ? I tested, it seemed to me that 3 points is better. When 3 points ,works more stable. Am I mistaken?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

And why do you recommend pumping 2 points Elemental Empowerment ? I tested, it seemed to me that 3 points is better. When 3 points ,works more stable. Am I mistaken?

Both the AoE and single target build variations make use of 5/5 in Elemental Empowerment. The Elemental Empowerment is the green flaming sword icon.

On the single target build, Sacra takes 2/5 in Creeping Frost/Warped Magics, just for consistent proc chance, and 3/5 in Destructive Wizardry, since a lot of endgame bosses give you time to fully charge a Storm Pillar and make use of the damage bonus conferred.

Also, Sacra, you spelled "#blame" incorrectly at the end of the changelog.

rjc9000 said:

Both the AoE and single target build variations make use of 5/5 in Elemental Empowerment. The Elemental Empowerment is the green flaming sword icon.

On the single target build, Sacra takes 2/5 in Creeping Frost/Warped Magics, just for consistent proc chance, and 3/5 in Destructive Wizardry, since a lot of endgame bosses give you time to fully charge a Storm Pillar and make use of the damage bonus conferred.

Also, Sacra, you spelled "#blame" incorrectly at the end of the changelog.
    I just do not want to change the build Single Target/AoE. Can I run with 2/5 in Elemental Empowerment everywhere. 2 points will be enough for normal operation Elemental Empowerment ?
  • d3cepti0n#1453 d3cepti0n Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    @rjc9000 That's Reinforcement, Frost/Magics is empowerment. "Typo" was fixed ;)

@devlindragons This is what I would use as a one-for-all loadout. (Using it for T1/T2s currently.)

http://prntscr.com/i5oyvy

However, don't expect that to be of much use if you're planning to run any endgame content.
    Piece by piece.
  • originalkrendororiginalkrendor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Xbox One

Guess I need a guild to buy a Company Raider Cloak :(
    In the document it states:"focus on capping Crit and ArPen"

What is the cap of Crit and Armor Pen? My RI is 114%, I assume cap is 100%, yes?

thank you

In the document it states:"focus on capping Crit and ArPen"

What is the cap of Crit and Armor Pen? My RI is 114%, I assume cap is 100%, yes?

thank you

You want just enough Resistance Ignored to counter mob damage resistance, no more, no less to optimize your stats. How much you need to stack depends on what area(s) you are fighting in.

You 'd want 85% Resistance Ignored if you plan to run Tomb of the 9 Gods, 75% if you plan to simply run Chult quests, and 60% for everything else in the game.

(Note: in theory, you would think everyone would stack 100% RI, since 100% RI logically counters "all" resistances. That's not the way this game works, don't ask why the game is programmed this weirdly...)

As for Critical Strike/Critical Chance (same thing, really), you want to make sure your Critical Chance is at a stable 100%. Make sure you include the stats from the consumables you use, in addition to the Critical Strike granted from your Bonding companion,

(Note that you can go over 100% Critical Chance (ie, guaranteed Crits), but anything over 100% will not do anything for your build.)

rjc9000 said:

stable 100%.

Just feel like emphasizing this pretty little word.

Piece by piece.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    IT always made me wonder why a cw should use 5/5 icy veins instead 1/5 2/5 etc.... when:
    the rotation aoe or single target will have at least 1 power adding chills. ( always talking about pve).
    And even if you dont have a power that adds chills in 2/5 for example 3 encounters add 6 chills.

IT always made me wonder why a cw should use 5/5 icy veins instead 1/5 2/5 etc.... when:
    the rotation aoe or single target will have at least 1 power adding chills. ( always talking about pve).
    And even if you dont have a power that adds chills in 2/5 for example 3 encounters add 6 chills.

That's because of IT. In mobs you can't afford taking the time for 2 encounters to max chill. 5/5 is the only way you can get in and instantly freeze everything (5+1), procceding to burst them.

In single target that's not an issue, and thus Icy Veins is not being used. (Although, a single target loadout with Icy Veins would be very good in fights like Hati/Turtle, when in a party that doesn't 1-phase them.)
    Piece by piece.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I was followimg your single target build and saw you have 2/5 Elemental Empowerment and 3/5 Frozen Power Transference but since its single target build wouldn't you be using Magic Missle anyway? Im talking boss fights since thats mainly what single target is for. If im missing something please let me know.
    @fightdawalrus#5058 Yes, the feats were updated about a month ago. FPT points were transferred to Desrtuctive Wizardry.
    Piece by piece.
    Xbox
    I currently use Negation.
    Planning on switch to barkshield.
    That is the best and will still be the way for mod 13 correct?
    @originalkrendor Bark will remain bis as long as the meta remains "you either get 1 shot or take 0 damage". Bark looked useful so far in my Cradle runs as well, so I'd say yes, mod13 will also have Barkshield as BiS.
    Piece by piece.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    So! What kind of updates to the build are you planning for M13? Inquiring minds want to know! :smile:

So! What kind of updates to the build are you planning for M13? Inquiring minds want to know! :smile:

The mod13 update is WIP. As a short spoiler, go Opp and get recovery.
    Piece by piece.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Still staying a SS? I really don't enjoy the MoF that much, but I still want to be relevant for end game content. Thanks for all the work you are doing.
    Oi, Illuminato, is your BiS Armor for the Oppressor build going to be the Armor of Quick Recovery?

It gives a ton of Recovery, (supposedly, according to the tooltips) has a chance to shave a second off cooldowns, and CWs (supposedly, according to the tooltips) get shafted on the Fured Kino.

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    rjc9000 said:

Oi, Illuminato, is your BiS Armor for the Oppressor build going to be the Armor of Quick Recovery?

It gives a ton of Recovery, (supposedly, according to the tooltips) has a chance to shave a second off cooldowns, and CWs (supposedly, according to the tooltips) get shafted on the Fured Kino.

I started to dislike that stuff when I started my rotation with icy terr and triggered, like: Oh gahd, no

But that's my luck, 100% personal :smile:

Still staying a SS? I really don't enjoy the MoF that much, but I still want to be relevant for end game content. Thanks for all the work you are doing.

MoF for bossfight, assuming a good party.
    rjc9000 said:

I'll have a definite answer on that once i get my hands on one to test the equip bonus. Crit/Reco is definitely nice, even if at 465 IL-sum. The equip doesn't seem incredible though (assuming it's WAI), Im almost certain that Amiculum or MW3 Armor will always outperform it.
    Piece by piece.
    edited March 2018
    Because I am an incredible baka and want to make the best decisions I can, I checked which powers scale the Eyestalk Wrappers.

Edit: Checked Fanning the Flames at Sacra's request.

No, I did not screw up on OF. It hilariously works with the Eyestalk Wrappers and the Fured Kino.

DoT hits:

Final Hit:

Post edited by rjc9000 on

• cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    What is better the Primal Arms or the Eyestalk Wrappers?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    rjc9000 said:

This armor is the 2nd thing I took from Makos hoping to put aside my Martyr's Plackart. Turns out that Makos armor it's not as useful at all in terms of the bonus. Martyr's Plackart had that sweer +14 AC which helped a ton to a returnee like me in Soshenstar river when I came back to the game.

Currently equipped with the Polaris armor (I prefer to name it "polaris armor", sounds cooler than Swahili's "Fured Kiuno of the Bear") and extra 2000 power do make a fair difference in everything.

It's a T1 armor and it matches the Rex Amiculum in terms of the stats (but doesn't look as good), the only downside that it doesn't give the 1500 bonus power at the start of the combat which would be amazing for what I intent to do in Omu, but not as good for people who like to play a lot of tong or similar. Turns out that the Polaris armor is way better for melee classes and Rex Amiculum's better of smaller encounters and mob attacks.

Still not a great loss compared to what you need to do in order to get Rex Amiculum and how much you need to actually grind.

I figure around 40 T1 lures from Soshenstar per mob (scorpios, tigers, batiri etc) on average just in order to get a somewhat secure chance to get T3 Rex lure.
    So it's no wonder that one sells at around 1.5 mil and the Polaris armor goes as low as 2-3 gmops.

Figures that stats do not play that big of a role, but the availability of the item, although for all that matters it should be the other way around since Polaris armor is far more BiS for many classes who want to play tong all day long
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    The Boon Soul Syphon? What's its deal? How does it proc, how to utilize it the best?
    True Neutral
    edited March 2018
    Regarding Arms, Eyestalk Wrappers are bis for single target, the tyrant ones for AoE but who HAMSTER cares use primal . Regarding Chest, MW3, Amiculum, Primal in that order unless Im forgetting anything. I'll finish the mod13 version soon >.>

There is no deal considering the boon, it's just slightly less trash than the other chult capstone trash, purely imo.
    Piece by piece.
    Polaris armor is far more approachable to take, rather than Amiculum.

3GMOP compared to amiculum that's 1.5 mil AD just for the extra 1000-1500 power... Not a very good deal for just "BiS" title.
    True Neutral
    Which is exactly why I mentioned primal. Primal is better than polaris, and it's literally at salvage price.
    Piece by piece.

Which is exactly why I mentioned primal. Primal is better than polaris, and it's literally at salvage price.

Hello ! as now it is better to scatter Initial Roll ? PVE DPS CW
  • jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Do you have expected eta on your mod 13 updated guide?
    jano#8078 said:

Do you have expected eta on your mod 13 updated guide?

Eventually™